Call of Duty: Ghosts - Page 57 - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1681 of 1801 Old 02-03-2014, 12:31 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Well if you are wanting to add members to stack your team you just have to do it right after the clan war starts. I have a small clan in platinum (me, a co-worker and we each have a teenage son in the clan). We won three clan wars in a row but this last one we ran into a buzzsaw. The clan that won added 3 members right after the clan war started (went from 5 to 8 members). They put up almost 700pts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #1682 of 1801 Old 02-06-2014, 08:59 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 145
more thoughts

played on the 360 last night and had one negative round. I haven't bought the map pack yet (if ever) so perhaps the player pool is slightly diluted give more of the better players probably bought the map pack and are in a different hopper.

they just keep running into my bullets these days. There is very little that is keeping me interested besides cyber hanging out with some friends. Heck, even the challenge of winning against a "clan of 4+ with a bunch of randoms is not as exciting as it would seem.

While I had some host migrations and such on the 360, the game plays the exact same as the One. the colors are browner sure and the graphics are not as crisp but the feel is oh so familiar. The results were also more inline with what I have been getting on the One.

Being a more disciplined player will get you more kills especially in TDM. It's not an age old secret, it's been like that from COD2. It's just more fun to run and gun and to play out badass run and gun skills like how you would play out an action movie. These days, the sitting behind cover and controlling an area is just as fun and gets you better k/d ratios and more wins that way.

Lately, my fun class is still based on the m27+grip+thermal+muzzle break along with the perks extra attachment+hardline+deadeye and the KS rewards - Dog+Sentry+Griffin. The muzzle break slightly helps with distance shots and deadeye also makes it more effective over longer distances. Close up is no problem just hip fire and down they go. The rewards that watch your back are really nice as it allows you to take more chances. Smarter players will have a soldier setup to be invisible to these aids to get around you but they're far and few between matches. So getting a doggy and sentry is relatively "easy"

still waiting for TitanFall before deciding on buying the DLC or not. Ghosts is still fun though the appeal is steadily and slowly diminishing.

I Geez Zeus Me

My life is richer for not knowing what goes on on reality television
post #1683 of 1801 Old 02-07-2014, 09:11 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 26 Post(s)
Liked: 526
Wow, that is a one hell of screw up on a patch. Unless they were trying to make it more "cinematic". Hope they get this patched ASAP.

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/digitalfoundry-2014-performance-drops-on-cod-ghosts-patch

Call of Duty: Ghosts Xbox One patch hits performance

Frame-rates lower than launch version.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b4UdI_xn3XY&feature=player_embedded

Full article at link

Quote:
Last week Infinity Ward released an update for Call of Duty: Ghosts, designed to prepare the game for the recently released Onslaught DLC in addition to implementing various bug fixes, new features and balance tweaks to the title's multiplayer mode. The goal was to create a more stable and fairer online experience that is better suited for tournament play, but shortly after the patch went live players started noticing significant performance issues with the Xbox One version of the game, to the point where even "sub-20" frame-rates were reported.

Recent feedback indicates the new frame-rate issues appear most prominently on the Stonehaven level, with explosions and alpha-based effects appearing to cause these fluctuations. The reports are somewhat worrying, given that the Xbox One version of Ghosts previously had no notable frame-rate problems outside of the campaign mode, with online multiplayer featuring action mostly locked at 60fps with very few dips in performance. While resolution may be unimpressive at 720p, Ghosts on Xbox One mostly delivered the 60fps gameplay that defines the series.
post #1684 of 1801 Old 02-07-2014, 02:52 PM

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked: 64
Personally I played on the Xbox One after the update and didn't notice any issues.

Strange indeed.

Outtie

I don't have alot of posts since I joined AVS Forums in 2004. I mainly read the information in threads as a source of research material. - quoted from The Outcast in April 2007.
post #1685 of 1801 Old 02-07-2014, 05:02 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 11 Post(s)
Liked: 429
I have been playing all week and have not run into any issues before or after the update.

The 5.0 is here
post #1686 of 1801 Old 02-08-2014, 04:27 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 45 Post(s)
Liked: 82
post #1687 of 1801 Old 02-09-2014, 02:48 AM

Liked: 12
Anyone have the spectrum camo?

Xbox Live GT: xxx COKE UP xxx
post #1688 of 1801 Old 02-10-2014, 11:33 AM
AVS Special Member

XBOX One seems to play fine, maybe it's an issue with disk based vs. digital download versions of the game?

in any event, the Maverick sniper rifle just kills me so many times especially on Stormfront on the bridge that can see right through to the other spawn. Indeed a terrible advantage for any decent sniper. I used to like Stormfront.

I hate Flooded AND Stormfront now and 99% of the time, I leave the lobby when those choices are presented.

I Geez Zeus Me

post #1689 of 1801 Old 02-11-2014, 08:29 AM
AVS Special Member

man, this thread is dead! for a game that is pretty new, this thread is just not what previous CODs have been

I Geez Zeus Me

post #1690 of 1801 Old 02-11-2014, 10:58 AM

Liked: 20
Quote:
Originally Posted by mikeloxlong View Post

man, this thread is dead! for a game that is pretty new, this thread is just not what previous CODs have been

The game is total dog shnit. It has no lasting value. Out of a group of 12-15 people, we might have 5-6 that still play semi-regularly. Most nights we're lucky if we get 3-4 and that's right after a new map pack just dropped. A lot of guys didn't even buy the map pack or season pass this time.

I took a break for about a month, hoping it would get better. But it didn't. The spawns are still horrible, the game lags and drops frames constantly, promotes camping/sitting in corners, has horrible spawns, poor hit detection, lies about 'dedicated servers' and is just generally uninspired. Did I mention the spawns are horrible? Clan Wars are OK, but with such a small group we really don't stand much of a chance to win a Gold Division match.

Hopefuly CoD:Robots (aka Titanfall) is better, I need something with more 'fun' in it. I might just skip the next CoD and wait for the new Treyarch iteration in 2015. I wasn't really impressed with MW3 either.

XBL: Drunkn Joker
post #1691 of 1801 Old 02-11-2014, 11:13 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 10 Post(s)
Liked: 59
I stopped playing to finish my single player titles in time for Titanfall. I did not buy any DLC since Titanfall is coming so soon.

Frank J. Cone

XBox Live / Steam: FCONE

Please do not form any opinion of the content of this post, it is still in BETA.

post #1692 of 1801 Old 02-11-2014, 12:25 PM

Liked: 44
I tapped out a month ago and traded it in. Didn't like the game at all and eventually it wouldn't even load on my Xbox One (even after reinstalling the game). I now play team deathmatch Battlefield 4 and it's ok but still recognizably broken. It's simply a placeholder until Titanfall comes out (as well as South Park + Infamous on PS4). The only COD game I disliked more than Ghosts was COD3. This game is really, really bad!
post #1693 of 1801 Old 02-11-2014, 02:30 PM
AVS Special Member

===sh*t, looks like I got carried away.===

After upgrading Internet to 25Mb from 3Mb, my stats have improved exponentially. I mean it's not even in the same neighborhood. Sometimes it's not fun but it's still an ego boost to go 25-1 no matter who the competition is.

I still think that the game is not as good as before but I'd be wrong if I said that I was NOT having fun with it. Sure, I'm not running around doing some crazy gun-kata stuff. staying back and picking people off, getting a dog etc. is what has been more fun these days.

Maybe it's because I am getting older/wiser. People just run into my bullets now. At points in the night, I think the only thing I am really developing is patience and discipline. I can "camp" a place and run around an area and watch a couple of choke points. More often than not, it's a kill streak reward just waiting to happen.

Why was COD4 considered by many as the pinnacle of the series? Why is COD4 always looked upon with rose colored glasses. Would it be a complete shift in taste? We were different back in 2007. that was 7 years ago. 7 years ago, I moved in with my then GF current wife. 7 years ago, I bought my first house. 7 years ago, I made my first man cave. 7 years ago, I had finished school again. No kids, 2 dogs. 7 years ago was a long time ago.

Do we want games like:

Halo 3
Orange Box
Rock Band 1
Super Mario Galaxy
BioShock
Call of Duty 4
Zelda Phantom Hourglass
Mass Effect
ACE Combat (WTF?)
God of War 2

(some really good games up there)

what about last year? 2013?

The Last of Us
Call of Duty Ghosts
Bioshock Infinite
Assassin's Creed Black Flag
Ryse
Grand Theft Auto V
Forza 5

similar yet different. There was less emphasis on FPS it seems (Ghosts and Battlefield 4 are the two that come to mind for now) compared to COD4, Bioshock, Orange Box (team Fortress, Portal and that other game) and Halo3

Arguably, 2007 was one of the best years for video games in terms of "impact" vs. now it's more been there done that.

Maybe that's why we're not as thrilled with these new games. It's become as substantial as fast food.

Can you remember that first McDonalds big Mac. It was semi-magical as a kid. you're all about it. It was ignorance is bliss type of eureka moment. Little did we know that others have perfected it and as we grow older, we taste the different versions and fall in love with other burgers. the spectrum between like and love is wider, more complex.

Going back to COD gaming, this is not bad, it's just the same rehashed s*it that Activision has since fast-foodized. Sure, it''s not the big mac any longer but it's their new specialty burger with ranch dressing. It's fine, it's different enough but it's not going to have that impact it once did.

Games like The Division are exciting because it offers asymetrical gaming. A completely new experience. Perhaps the next COD will have this sort of game play. 2nd screen type stuff or persistent worlds.

I think COD needs to take a haitus and really re-evaluate what is important to them. 1 Billion burgers sold or have the Best Burger in town year after year??

p.s. I have not played a single player game in a long time. I've watched the wife play and that is enough for me. The pacing the story telling, the voice acting, I get it, it's a big part of video games but it's just not for me. I like the adversarial aspect of multiplayer. ****c co-op. that is boring.

I would do Battlefield but I already made a decision and the ruling on the field stands. There is nothing out there that has made me reverse my previous call.

well, this was a long rant. Sorry

I Geez Zeus Me

post #1694 of 1801 Old 02-11-2014, 04:14 PM
AVS Addicted Member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 133 Post(s)
Liked: 1345
That's all it is, people are just tired of it. If ghosts came out in 2007 people would have revered it just the same as cod 4.

I'd probably be sick to death of it too if I played it year round like some of you guys.

Steam/PSN/Xbox Live: Darius510
post #1695 of 1801 Old 02-11-2014, 04:36 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 5 Post(s)
Liked: 34
Same sentiments here. The group who I usually roll w/ hasn't played it since Xmas. I downloaded the maps, but haven't even looked at them yet. It's the flagship of shooters for consoles, but I think it's expanded as far as it can go. Seriously, what can you add to make a shooter REALLY unique anymore? It's just simply getting to be a rut, but maybe it's just me getting older(like previously mentioned). The (main)fun thing about shooters is, well, shooting opponents. As long as that aspect isn't HORRIBLE, it'll continue to be popular/do well. I personally really miss the old style co-op shooters(that also had multi) like Doom, Unreal, etc. Nothing fancy to 'em, but w/ today's graphics they could make some that'd be a blast. I saw one called Killing Floor, but you have to go w/ a PC rig to get it.

Xbox Live: General PATT0N
post #1696 of 1801 Old 02-11-2014, 05:22 PM
AVS Addicted Member

Quoted: 133 Post(s)
Liked: 1345
Quote:
Originally Posted by rightintel View Post

Same sentiments here. The group who I usually roll w/ hasn't played it since Xmas. I downloaded the maps, but haven't even looked at them yet. It's the flagship of shooters for consoles, but I think it's expanded as far as it can go. Seriously, what can you add to make a shooter REALLY unique anymore? It's just simply getting to be a rut, but maybe it's just me getting older(like previously mentioned). The (main)fun thing about shooters is, well, shooting opponents. As long as that aspect isn't HORRIBLE, it'll continue to be popular/do well. I personally really miss the old style co-op shooters(that also had multi) like Doom, Unreal, etc. Nothing fancy to 'em, but w/ today's graphics they could make some that'd be a blast. I saw one called Killing Floor, but you have to go w/ a PC rig to get it.

Killing floor is fun as hell, I could see that working really well on console.

Steam/PSN/Xbox Live: Darius510
post #1697 of 1801 Old 02-11-2014, 06:29 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 5 Post(s)
Liked: 34
Quote:
Originally Posted by bd2003 View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by rightintel View Post

Killing floor is fun as hell, I could see that working really well on console.

I'm considering a PC rig just to get into more games like that again. I like BF4/COD and all, but no one's doing(or planning) anything like Killing Floor for console. That'd totally renew my interest. It seems somebody's due for a game like that by now.

Xbox Live: General PATT0N
post #1698 of 1801 Old 02-20-2014, 11:05 AM

Liked: 10
Does anyone have an active clan that I could join? I'm the only one playing in mine. I'm an average at best player (1 kd) and new to COD, but I do log some decent hours. My gt is gab2409 if anyone has a spot.
post #1699 of 1801 Old 02-20-2014, 11:51 AM
AVS Special Member

*sigh* back to this game for a while for me.

This or watching the wife play Tomb Raider.

March 11

I Geez Zeus Me

post #1700 of 1801 Old 02-24-2014, 06:11 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 53 Post(s)
Liked: 192
whats the best way to use squad points?

im new to ghosts, having played mw3 online since last summer. im an average at best player so I wont be earning many. I think the idea of "buying" things is a huge put off because I have no clue what to use them on. I don't want to waste them but I desperately need some help. ive grown so dependent on the scar-l w/ launcher and red dot site and the slight of hands, quick draw, and stalker perks that I feel totally lost without them.

My HTPC front end set up
Integration for whole home ATSC, CableCARD, FM radio, Blu-Ray, HD-DVD, DVD, VHS control & capture, video games, and archived & streaming media playback
Mironto's Panasonic plasma black level restoration guide
Restore the initial MLL on a 2009 Panasonic plasma
post #1701 of 1801 Old 02-24-2014, 06:30 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 45 Post(s)
Liked: 82
Quote:
Originally Posted by pittsoccer33 View Post

im new to ghosts, having played mw3 online since last summer. im an average at best player so I wont be earning many. I think the idea of "buying" things is a huge put off because I have no clue what to use them on. I don't want to waste them but I desperately need some help. ive grown so dependent on the scar-l w/ launcher and red dot site and the slight of hands, quick draw, and stalker perks that I feel totally lost without them.

At the beginning, earning points is slow and a bit frustrating...waiting to unlock things. Then, next thing you know...you have 100+ points and nothing you want.

Mathematics is the reason for the season.

http://www.teacherspayteachers.com/Store/Ogive

post #1702 of 1801 Old 02-25-2014, 08:13 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 53 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nickff View Post

At the beginning, earning points is slow and a bit frustrating...waiting to unlock things. Then, next thing you know...you have 100+ points and nothing you want.

It just feels like there aren't many people to shoot. I play both KC and Ground War in MW3 a lot, and I know KC is limited to the same number of players. It just seems like theres always a lot more going on - faster gameplay, more airstrikes, more counter uavs, etc.

My HTPC front end set up
Integration for whole home ATSC, CableCARD, FM radio, Blu-Ray, HD-DVD, DVD, VHS control & capture, video games, and archived & streaming media playback
Mironto's Panasonic plasma black level restoration guide
Restore the initial MLL on a 2009 Panasonic plasma
post #1703 of 1801 Old 02-25-2014, 09:09 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by pittsoccer33 View Post

save enough for the Remington which I think reminds me the most of the Scar.

then build from there. I think perks open eventually depending on your soldier's level but you do need to buy attachments unless you finish some challenges...i.e. kill 100 people with the iron sights and you get RDS or something along those lines.

been playing out of my mind lately. Ended the night on the trainyard map in the middle of the match and we were down 43-48. Started off with a triple kill, they just kept walking where their friend died. got the dog after another kill. He watched my back and I got the turret shortly there after (this is in like 1.5 minutes) but we were still losing. Finally got enough kills for the Griffon and bam, 2 minutes later, 15-0 and we won the game 75-73. Sadly, it was not my griffon that got the last kill.

I think maybe it's the better players have moved on but I have never pulled off the score I have been getting lately save for a bunch of bad rounds. I was hovering around the 4:1 ratio weekly for a bit there and "normalized" to about 2.25:1. I'm not one to gloat but damn...start off 0-5, finish 30-6. go off 19-2 20-3, 24-4 it's been a much better ego boost than killing AI in TitanFall though not as fun...

I Geez Zeus Me

post #1704 of 1801 Old 02-28-2014, 10:48 AM
AVS Special Member

How long is the story? Started it 12:30 cst

I Geez Zeus Me

post #1705 of 1801 Old 02-28-2014, 09:56 PM
AVS Special Member

couldn't go more than 2 hours. the constant earthquake thing is giving me a headache!

I Geez Zeus Me

post #1706 of 1801 Old 03-01-2014, 09:52 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 149 Post(s)
Liked: 388
Really? Lol!

"For small creatures such as we the vastness is bearable only through love."

--Carl Sagan
post #1707 of 1801 Old 03-01-2014, 06:25 PM
AVS Special Member

Yah, I couldn't do it man.

Playing MP is fine so long as it's not Tremor back to back.

I'm at the part when they meet Ajax and then was rescued by the General. Nothing to spoilerriffic there

I Geez Zeus Me

post #1708 of 1801 Old 03-01-2014, 06:35 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 149 Post(s)
Liked: 388
The campaign is aight. It's a far FAR cry from cod4-- hell, it's a far cry from mw2 and black ops 1. Still, it's more coherent than mw3 or blops2 even though it's dumb as hell. There are a few worthwhile set pieces and it has a train sequence (I'm a sucker for train sequences: golden eye, time splitters future perfect, gears or war, uncharted 2... Love me some train action) so it's ok in my book.

"For small creatures such as we the vastness is bearable only through love."

--Carl Sagan
post #1709 of 1801 Old 03-01-2014, 11:10 PM
AVS Club Gold

Man I used to play that train level in Goldeneye over and over to get the gold (?) challenge. I got pretty good at it and could usually get it done in time to get the gold everytime. I knew exactly when each enemy was going to pop up and where.

Absence of evidence is not evidence of absence

post #1710 of 1801 Old 03-04-2014, 03:28 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 15 Post(s)
Liked: 70
Just got an update for ghosts. It was 2.1gb update. Anyone know the changelog on this one?
Reply Xbox Area

Tags
Call Of Duty Ghosts Xbox One

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page