Kinect with Projection Screen - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 4 Old 02-21-2013, 12:39 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 11
I am designing my home theater. Screen size will be about 110" with first row seating back about 13 feet. Will we cast a shadow on the screen when we are doing the Kinect? The projector will be ceiling mounted with a throw of probably about 16-18', depending on which pj i get.

Anybody successfully using their Kinect with a front projector? I would love to hear of your experience.

Thanks.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 Old 02-23-2013, 03:51 PM

Liked: 10
I just set my projector up today and have the same issue. I have mine mounted about 14' back with my first row of chairs at 13'. If i stand in the sweet spot for the kinect I cast a bit of a shadow, though being 6'9" might have something to do with that. I have not messed around with it to see if I can avoid a shadow, but I plan to do that tomorrow.
post #3 of 4 Old 02-24-2013, 03:52 AM - Thread Starter

Liked: 11
Let me know how you work it out. Also, is the shadow horrible or can it be lived with? I'm 6'2" and my kids are of course shorter but will probably be in the 6'5" range when they are fullly grown...only 10 and 9 right now and at 5'2" for the 10 year old.

Thanks. Looking forward to your update.
post #4 of 4 Old 02-24-2013, 05:11 PM

Liked: 10
Ok, so i played around with things today and found a couple things out. First, if I stand off center the only time a shadow will be an issue is if I raise my hands. To get the kinect sensor to recognize me I had to get close enough that the top of my head hit was on the botton of the screen, but it won't be an issue for my son. If I could move my chairs back and find a way to bring the kinect sensor our farther into the room I would have no problems at all. So for not I think I can make it work by just standing off center. Let me know if you have any questions I didn't answer.
Reply Xbox Area

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page