Tomb Raider - Page 4 - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #91 of 163 Old 01-15-2014, 03:42 AM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 143 Post(s)
Liked: 202
Tomb Raider was one of the best games I played last year. Gorgeous graphics, great gameplay, great story, very addictive. My only negative was the multi-player was kind of lame.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #92 of 163 Old 01-15-2014, 08:18 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 11 Post(s)
Liked: 78
I played it on the PC, it just was not a very compelling game.

It took the bad stuff from Uncharted and the bad stuff from Far Cry 3 and made a game with a bad female character and piss poor story. I wish they have made it real open world like FC3 and AC4, that would have saved it. The graphics were good, but I found the way that Lara developed was forced, the encounters were not fun and the story made no sense. I have not finished it, that's how compelling it was. Maybe I can get back to it, I am pretty far. I like the upgrade system and bow, but if you want to play a survival shooter in a gorgeous jungle with a bad story that is fun, try FC3.
highd3f likes this.

Now playing: Destiny, Madden, Diablo 3, PvZ: GW
Recently Finished: Infamous: First Light, Watch Dogs
PSN & XBL: Scuzzlebutt33
post #93 of 163 Old 01-19-2014, 04:42 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 59 Post(s)
Liked: 129
Quote:
Originally Posted by tgable View Post

It took the bad stuff from Uncharted and the bad stuff from Far Cry 3 and made a game with a bad female character and piss poor story. I wish they have made it real open world like FC3 and AC4, that would have saved it. The graphics were good, but I found the way that Lara developed was forced, the encounters were not fun and the story made no sense. I have not finished it, that's how compelling it was. Maybe I can get back to it, I am pretty far. I like the upgrade system and bow, but if you want to play a survival shooter in a gorgeous jungle with a bad story that is fun, try FC3.

I could not disagree with you more. it was the best TR game hands down. It wasn't perfect, but certainly one of the best games of last year. Now someone who lives and breathes COD or BF4 is not who this game is aimed at. It is good ole single player
post #94 of 163 Old 01-19-2014, 04:45 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 287
Quote:
Originally Posted by newfmp3 View Post

I could not disagree with you more. it was the best TR game hands down. It wasn't perfect, but certainly one of the best games of last year. Now someone who lives and breathes COD or BF4 is not who this game is aimed at. It is good ole single player
I agree, it was a solid game. And they perfected the horrible floaty controls from the UC series.

XBL: xGunner26x

PSN: AMER1CAN_GUNNER

Steam: xGunner26x

post #95 of 163 Old 01-19-2014, 05:49 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 41 Post(s)
Liked: 91
I thought it was fantastic; I had Far Cry 3 and Tomb Raider as the two best games of the year, ahead of Bioshock Infinite.
post #96 of 163 Old 01-20-2014, 07:10 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 8 Post(s)
Liked: 44
Quote:
Originally Posted by tgable View Post

I also played it on the PC. I really enjoyed the game. Played it straight away. Probably the best reboot ever made. Solely my opinion. Of course, that doesn't make your opinion wrong. Gaming is what it is. No one likes everything. My only complaint would have been too many QTE's. But I thought it was well made and held my attention the whole game. I only wished there had been some single player dlc.
post #97 of 163 Old 01-20-2014, 12:12 PM

Almost done with this game on the 360 and loving it. To me, it's basically an Uncharted game with a female lead with terrific voice acting. My only gripes about the game are (1) the character development of the side characters is lacking, and (2) there aren't a whole lot of tombs which are raided. Because this is an origin story I'm hopeful that the sequels have more of the feel of the original Tomb Raider games vs. Uncharted. I'll likely pick this up as well on PS4 or Xbox One when the price comes down.
post #98 of 163 Old 01-24-2014, 05:32 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 42 Post(s)
Liked: 533
I see two versions on Amazon for the same price, Art Book Packaging and Standard. Is the Art Book Packaging just a very limited run with small inventory? I'm wondering why someone would pick up the standard when it's the same price.
post #99 of 163 Old 01-24-2014, 06:47 PM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 40 Post(s)
Liked: 235
So they released this game early at retail stores, but I can't download it yet? I'm itching for something to play (and I haven't played any of the other versions of this game).
post #100 of 163 Old 01-25-2014, 09:30 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 5 Post(s)
Liked: 18
Is this version for the Xbox One the same game that was released for the 360?
post #101 of 163 Old 01-25-2014, 11:15 AM

Liked: 832
Quote:
Originally Posted by onlysublime View Post

I see two versions on Amazon for the same price, Art Book Packaging and Standard. Is the Art Book Packaging just a very limited run with small inventory? I'm wondering why someone would pick up the standard when it's the same price.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kensmith48 View Post

Is this version for the Xbox One the same game that was released for the 360?

Content wise it is, but it includes all the MP DLC on disc and also all the SP alternative costumes.

Tech wise they overhauled a lot to make it stand up to the PC version on ultimate setting. Framerate never drops below 30, new lighting, more assets in some scenes, higher resolution textures, better particle effects, simulation instead of baked animation, and Lara has a complete new high poly model with sub surface scattering , tressFX hair, and physics applied to her accessories.

I'd say its a must have for someone who didn't at the last gen version. Personally it was higher on my best of list this last year than Bioshock Infinite.
Quote:
Originally Posted by onlysublime View Post

Yup, just a first print bonus for those dumping $60 on it.
post #102 of 163 Old 01-26-2014, 07:58 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 5 Post(s)
Liked: 18
Thanks for saving me some $$$. I'm looking for a reason to get an Xbox 1 but so far the games aren't there. I thought Tomb Raider might be a place to start at. I've already played thru the game on the 360 so I don't see the need to invest for 20% better graphics.
post #103 of 163 Old 01-27-2014, 11:34 AM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 22
My only problem with Tomb Raider is that they gave Lara Croft a potty mouth. That is way out of character.

Broadcast TV - a vital national public resource
post #104 of 163 Old 01-27-2014, 12:09 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 59 Post(s)
Liked: 129
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jedi Master View Post

My only problem with Tomb Raider is that they gave Lara Croft a potty mouth. That is way out of character.

Really?
post #105 of 163 Old 01-28-2014, 06:49 AM
Advanced Member

This is available now for DD on Xbox One. I checked the Playstation Store, and it wasn't there. Is there typically a delay for DD games on PS4?

Since I'm a bit of an achievement whore, I was likely going to get this on X1 anyway. I wish they did demos of these games so I could at least check out the graphical differences between the two.
post #106 of 163 Old 01-28-2014, 07:09 AM

Liked: 832
I believe PSN updates around 5-6pm Tuesdays. Live is usually midnight.
post #107 of 163 Old 01-28-2014, 01:39 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 117 Post(s)
Liked: 186
This will be a good Red Box Rental or gamefly game.

Xbox Live: DaBeavers
PSN- Arutha_conDoin
Steam- An0mander
"Too much knowledge never makes for simple decisions."
-Ghanima Atreides
post #108 of 163 Old 01-28-2014, 06:43 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 41 Post(s)
Liked: 91
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arutha_conDoin View Post

This will be a good Red Box Rental or gamefly game.
Why rent, when you can just buy it for $10 right now at BB.
post #109 of 163 Old 01-28-2014, 06:47 PM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 127
Quote:
Originally Posted by sirjonsnow View Post

How do we do that?

XBOX Live ID: HONDEboyMAN
PSN ID: ahartig
post #110 of 163 Old 01-28-2014, 07:01 PM
AVS Addicted Member

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 52 Post(s)
Liked: 169
The PS3/360 versions are $9.99 at BB (not the PS4/Xone).
post #111 of 163 Old 01-28-2014, 07:10 PM
AVS Club Gold

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 759 Post(s)
Liked: 752
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaGamePimp View Post

The PS3/360 versions are $9.99 at BB (not the PS4/Xone).

If it was $9.99 for the XBOne/PS4 versions I would have gone against my no disc policy and purchased a copy for each system. At $60 I will wait until there is a demo for me to try out first so I can decide which system I would prefer it on.

39TB unRAID1--53TB unRAID2--36TB unRAID3
LED DLP
XBL/PSN: WormholeXtreme

post #112 of 163 Old 01-28-2014, 07:10 PM

Liked: 11
The price is probably reduced because there are some glitches in the game. (ie: making it impossible to get 100% completion.) still a great game though and worth buying even at 20 bucks (or more).

EDIT: i own the PS3 version.
post #113 of 163 Old 01-28-2014, 07:51 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 117 Post(s)
Liked: 186
Quote:
Originally Posted by sirjonsnow View Post

Already own it on the PC. Just want to rent to see how the visuals look on the Xbox one.

Xbox Live: DaBeavers
PSN- Arutha_conDoin
Steam- An0mander
"Too much knowledge never makes for simple decisions."
-Ghanima Atreides
post #114 of 163 Old 01-28-2014, 10:32 PM
AVS Addicted Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by aaronwt View Post

If it was $9.99 for the XBOne/PS4 versions I would have gone against my no disc policy and purchased a copy for each system. At $60 I will wait until there is a demo for me to try out first so I can decide which system I would prefer it on.

Heck if they were all $10 each I would pick up all 4 versions (already have the pc version) and post a video running all of them at the same time if it would help to curtail all the bickering.

Or just for giggles I'd stream the Xone version over the PS4 camera (well if I could find a ps4 camera). biggrin.gif

Jason
Arutha_conDoin likes this.
post #115 of 163 Old 01-30-2014, 07:54 AM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 10
where are you guys seeing tomb raider for the 360 for $10 at best buy? their site for me says $29.99...

---Mr. Met---

J-E-T-S-JETS JETS JETS!!!!!!! --- LETS GO DE-VILS!!!!!!! --- LETS GO METS!!!!!!! --- LETS GO NETS!!!!!!!
post #116 of 163 Old 01-30-2014, 04:32 PM

Don't know. I picked it up on Black Friday for $15.00. Fantastic game! I watched a bunch of Twitch videos of the next gen version and while this version certainly looks better, the 360 version is no slouch!
post #117 of 163 Old 01-30-2014, 04:35 PM
AVS Addicted Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by talbain View Post

where are you guys seeing tomb raider for the 360 for $10 at best buy? their site for me says $29.99...

I think it was a "Deal of the Day". wink.gif

Jason
post #118 of 163 Old 01-31-2014, 02:41 PM
Advanced Member

I have to say I'm really enjoying this game so far (despite playing the "inferior" Xbox One version). The best part about the game is that it just keeps getting better the further you progress (I've completed 40% of the campaign). I'd put this right up there with Uncharted at the top of the heap for adventure games. I didn't even notice this game when it came out last year (haven't played Tomb Raider since PS1), but I'm glad I'm getting to experience this for the first time on a next gen console. The audio, in particular, is among the best I've ever heard in a game. I hope this game spawns sequels!
freemeat likes this.
post #119 of 163 Old 01-31-2014, 04:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tsaville View Post

I have to say I'm really enjoying this game so far (despite playing the "inferior" Xbox One version). The best part about the game is that it just keeps getting better the further you progress (I've completed 40% of the campaign). I'd put this right up there with Uncharted at the top of the heap for adventure games. I didn't even notice this game when it came out last year (haven't played Tomb Raider since PS1), but I'm glad I'm getting to experience this for the first time on a next gen console. The audio, in particular, is among the best I've ever heard in a game. I hope this game spawns sequels!

Sequel has already been green-lit. I also think this stands on its own up there with Uncharted - just a good all around action adventure game smile.gif
post #120 of 163 Old 02-01-2014, 02:51 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 8 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by tsaville View Post

One thing to remember, earlier in the game you might come to an area where you won't have the correct weapon to do something. But once you get it, you can go back and open that area to get more xp and extra ammo. It happens in the 1st tomb, it think, where it says you don't have the proper weapon to open that area. That area is full of useful items and you have to use interesting methods to get what you need. I won't spoil it for you as you will know what you needed once you get it. But sometimes those areas are hard to find and you might miss or forget them. But it is an extra in the game that gives you something interesting to remember as you play.
Reply Xbox Area

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page