Gears of War Judgement - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 
Reply
 
Thread Tools
post #1 of 44 Old 03-04-2013, 06:30 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member
 
americangunner's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Posts: 1,890
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 287
I just watched the reveal on the Xbox dashboard and am very excited for this game. I like the way they are going with the mood and intensity. I can't wait for March 19th.

XBL: xGunner26x

PSN: AMER1CAN_GUNNER

Steam: xGunner26x

americangunner is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #2 of 44 Old 03-04-2013, 07:06 PM
AVS Special Member
 
ultracat's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Posts: 1,370
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked: 54
+1 biggrin.gif

XBOX 360 - KrazeeEyezKeith

PS4 - KrazeeKeith

ultracat is offline  
post #3 of 44 Old 03-06-2013, 03:45 PM
AVS Special Member
 
kevin g.'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: North Carolina
Posts: 1,352
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 38 Post(s)
Liked: 49
I'm there, day one...here's hoping that they don't mess with multiplayer, after they finally got it right with G3...If we end up with a Clusterflock like G2...(ahhh well...I'll still play, but I will bitch the whole time...)

"Once you learn good English...Can't nobody take it away!"

Xbox LIVE Gamertag: KEVIN G 40

kevin g. is offline  
post #4 of 44 Old 03-06-2013, 04:44 PM
Member
 
johnvsimpson's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Posts: 95
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
The series started losing some of my interest at 2 but it had some really fun moments in the campaign. I thought the story line in 3 was crap and didn't even beat it on all difficulties. I might wait for a used version much later on.
johnvsimpson is offline  
post #5 of 44 Old 03-06-2013, 05:00 PM
AVS Special Member
 
onlysublime's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2005
Posts: 4,699
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 20 Post(s)
Liked: 502
Quote:
Originally Posted by kevin g. View Post

I'm there, day one...here's hoping that they don't mess with multiplayer, after they finally got it right with G3...If we end up with a Clusterflock like G2...(ahhh well...I'll still play, but I will bitch the whole time...)

it's so funny to read this... because you read GOW threads and there's the G2 camp that hates what was G3 multiplayer.

I'm excited about this title. I am worried about the simplification of the online options. There's no longer a true horde mode. Yes, true horde is very long (50 waves) and takes a lot of time but it's a great time killer with a bunch of friends.

The horde mode got replaced with survival. Which sounds fun but I guess I'll be wary until I try it.

I also hate that the hammerburst was gimped. I love the hammerburst! How do you gimp the hammerburst and still keep the sawed-off shotgun???

In fact, the hammerburst is one of the lesser-used guns so it's sad to weaken a gun that few use.

timeline-wise, it would make sense not to have the modified guns of Gears 3 since the Locusts aren't scattered and aren't modifying weapons. but c'mon! keep the hammerburst as-is.
onlysublime is online now  
post #6 of 44 Old 03-06-2013, 06:54 PM
AVS Special Member
 
jones07's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2001
Location: Phila Pa.
Posts: 4,850
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 10
The only time I use the hammerburst is when I pick it up by accident and a "teammate" takes my Lancer tongue.gif

WeÂre doomed. It will never work
jones07 is offline  
post #7 of 44 Old 03-07-2013, 05:03 AM
AVS Special Member
 
kevin g.'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: North Carolina
Posts: 1,352
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 38 Post(s)
Liked: 49
Quote:
Originally Posted by onlysublime View Post

it's so funny to read this... because you read GOW threads and there's the G2 camp that hates what was G3 multiplayer.

I'm excited about this title. I am worried about the simplification of the online options. There's no longer a true horde mode. Yes, true horde is very long (50 waves) and takes a lot of time but it's a great time killer with a bunch of friends.

The horde mode got replaced with survival. Which sounds fun but I guess I'll be wary until I try it.

I also hate that the hammerburst was gimped. I love the hammerburst! How do you gimp the hammerburst and still keep the sawed-off shotgun???

In fact, the hammerburst is one of the lesser-used guns so it's sad to weaken a gun that few use.

timeline-wise, it would make sense not to have the modified guns of Gears 3 since the Locusts aren't scattered and aren't modifying weapons. but c'mon! keep the hammerburst as-is.

That's because they actually created a system that wouldn't allow the wall bouncing Gnasher fanboi's to get close enough to obliterate you one after the other. As it was, they still went in and nerfed a few items that were good on launch...(the retro lancer hip fire for instance....) to keep the shotgun babies at bay.
I don't have a great connection, so being able to get a legitimate 1.3/1.4 k/d in any shooter is a big deal to me. After the Host-GOD fest that was Gears 2, I thought they had ruined the franchise... I sincerely hope they don't flip the switch the other way....

Disappointing about true Horde. I didn't play much of it, but it is a nice way to pass the time with friends.
Hammerburst...meh. I mean, it was OK, and definitely better in 3, but not as deadly in my hands as some of my friends'...

"Once you learn good English...Can't nobody take it away!"

Xbox LIVE Gamertag: KEVIN G 40

kevin g. is offline  
post #8 of 44 Old 03-07-2013, 10:38 AM
AVS Special Member
 
onlysublime's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2005
Posts: 4,699
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 20 Post(s)
Liked: 502
yeah, my point for the hammerburst was why gimp a gun that's not used often and not uber powerful but keep the lethality of dominating guns that everybody uses. there's an inequity there. if the goal of balanced gameplay is to have diversity, you don't strengthen the strong guns and weaken the weak guns.
onlysublime is online now  
post #9 of 44 Old 03-07-2013, 11:29 AM
AVS Special Member
 
kevin g.'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: North Carolina
Posts: 1,352
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 38 Post(s)
Liked: 49
Agreed 100%...that's what my bitch is, about every time they nerf a good gun, so their vaunted gnasher gets it's day...Epic won't even entertain the idea of dropping the range, or at least trailing the power off at range on that...
It's soooo tiring to watch the wall bouncer gnasher duel round after round. Or getting dropped from accross the map from 2 shots... while you're hailing bullets at them from a retro

"Once you learn good English...Can't nobody take it away!"

Xbox LIVE Gamertag: KEVIN G 40

kevin g. is offline  
post #10 of 44 Old 03-07-2013, 12:31 PM
AVS Special Member
 
ultracat's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Posts: 1,370
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked: 54
Quote:
Originally Posted by onlysublime View Post

yeah, my point for the hammerburst was why gimp a gun that's not used often and not uber powerful but keep the lethality of dominating guns that everybody uses. there's an inequity there. if the goal of balanced gameplay is to have diversity, you don't strengthen the strong guns and weaken the weak guns.

Simple: a lot of people who use single-shot guns like the hammerburst and pistol also happen to use a modded controller.

XBOX 360 - KrazeeEyezKeith

PS4 - KrazeeKeith

ultracat is offline  
post #11 of 44 Old 03-07-2013, 01:13 PM
AVS Special Member
 
kevin g.'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: North Carolina
Posts: 1,352
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 38 Post(s)
Liked: 49
There was a TON of that in Gears 3...active, red bullets, all the time on the hammerburst, and pistol, dropping you from accross the map.

"Once you learn good English...Can't nobody take it away!"

Xbox LIVE Gamertag: KEVIN G 40

kevin g. is offline  
post #12 of 44 Old 03-16-2013, 05:31 PM
AVS Special Member
 
ultracat's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Posts: 1,370
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked: 54
Played the beta last night. It was VERY different but once I got used to it I see the potential. It's going to be good smile.gif

Oh yeah, and the hammerburst sucks LOL.

XBOX 360 - KrazeeEyezKeith

PS4 - KrazeeKeith

ultracat is offline  
post #13 of 44 Old 03-16-2013, 05:50 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member
 
americangunner's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Posts: 1,890
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 287
I watched some of the live stream that ign did, and it looked fantastic. Just a few more days!

XBL: xGunner26x

PSN: AMER1CAN_GUNNER

Steam: xGunner26x

americangunner is offline  
post #14 of 44 Old 03-17-2013, 08:24 AM
AVS Special Member
 
kevin g.'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: North Carolina
Posts: 1,352
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 38 Post(s)
Liked: 49
Quote:
Originally Posted by ultracat View Post

Played the beta last night. It was VERY different but once I got used to it I see the potential. It's going to be good smile.gif

Oh yeah, and the hammerburst sucks LOL.


How did you get onboard the beta?

"Once you learn good English...Can't nobody take it away!"

Xbox LIVE Gamertag: KEVIN G 40

kevin g. is offline  
post #15 of 44 Old 03-18-2013, 07:48 AM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member
 
americangunner's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Posts: 1,890
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 287
You had to pre-order it. The review from IGN is up and they really liked it. I believe it got a 9.2, but I can't link it from work.

XBL: xGunner26x

PSN: AMER1CAN_GUNNER

Steam: xGunner26x

americangunner is offline  
post #16 of 44 Old 03-18-2013, 08:03 AM
AVS Special Member
 
kevin g.'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: North Carolina
Posts: 1,352
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 38 Post(s)
Liked: 49
I did a pre order...was it from a specific retailer?

"Once you learn good English...Can't nobody take it away!"

Xbox LIVE Gamertag: KEVIN G 40

kevin g. is offline  
post #17 of 44 Old 03-18-2013, 08:47 AM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member
 
americangunner's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Posts: 1,890
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 287
It might have just been from gamestop, but I'm not sure.

XBL: xGunner26x

PSN: AMER1CAN_GUNNER

Steam: xGunner26x

americangunner is offline  
post #18 of 44 Old 03-18-2013, 09:19 AM
AVS Special Member
 
ultracat's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Posts: 1,370
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked: 54
Yeah I pre-ordered from gamestop and they gave me a beta code.

The cool-ish thing about this beta (it's a preview of the new mode, really, more than a beta) is they are letting us keep our XP from it. I saw somebody online over the weekend who was already a level 50 LOL (die hard GOW fan I guess). Dude's gonna almost be a prestige on launch day haha. I'm only level 14 so far, only had a few hours to play on the weekend.

Again, it's pretty fun, but takes some getting used to. Doesn't feel at all to me like previous Gears games. It's not just the hammerburst, I'd say they took the weapon damage down across the board. I have yet to get a single 1-shot kill with an active gnasher. People who liked wall-bouncing and one-shot killing everyone will hate this game.

Also I hope the community for this game is big enough.. The largest amount of ppl I saw on the beta over the weekend as about 14,000. It's fun and all but I think there's goiing to be a bunch of people who try it and don't like it based on what they expect a Gears game should be like. Definitely takes a couple of hours of gameplay to adjust.

XBOX 360 - KrazeeEyezKeith

PS4 - KrazeeKeith

ultracat is offline  
post #19 of 44 Old 03-18-2013, 09:56 AM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member
 
americangunner's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Posts: 1,890
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 287
I will be picking it up tomorrow. In fact, I will be leaving work a littly early so I can get some good time with it. It sucks that it's coming out this week, because my son is having surgery so I will be out of town. But starting next week, I will be on it a lot with the occasional break for tomb raider and Bioshock once it comes out. If you guys are looking for someone to add for some online, just sent me a FR. Just let me know you are from AVS.

XBL: xGunner26x

PSN: AMER1CAN_GUNNER

Steam: xGunner26x

americangunner is offline  
post #20 of 44 Old 03-20-2013, 05:23 AM
AVS Special Member
 
kevin g.'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: North Carolina
Posts: 1,352
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 38 Post(s)
Liked: 49
A few issues I have found thusfar:
No downs//executions. (Supposedly, Ececution will be a game-type download early next month) Which does bring out the reasoning for not being able to run with two primary weapons. Who needs an extra gun, when the other player is dead, within a few rounds? Firefights with multiple enemies, now end the way you would expect...your death. The random chance that you may survive long enough to get up from DBNO and take revenge, or hold off long enough for your teammate to get there...is gone.
Sticking with a grenade, is gone as we knew it. The "lob-stick" is annoying. No "wall-tagging"?
Gnasher is still annoying. And still overpowered.

Game modes are OK.
Domination is probably my favorite so far. It's just not KOTH, or ANNEX...the sense of urgency is gone.
FFA, will be fun with a full room of friends.

Haven't campaigned yet.

Maps are ok, with the vertical levels, it adds a different aspect. Just...give me more maps!!! People Can Fly did the same thing with Bulletstorm...minimal maps, short game. No real direction.

I reserve comments on the new weapons...just haven't been able to spend enough time with them.

Additional Weapon and Character skins are a really cool addition, and you unlock some as you progress through your levels, via prize boxes...Not sure if it is random, but one of my boxes brought 400 xp, just before I signed off last night.

I guess, overall, we will have to play more to give it a fair shake. And you have to evolve the game, otherwise...where would we be? (COD, anyone...?) But why People Can Fly would think eliminating signature Gears components, would still make Gears game, is beyond me. Why not add your modes, and game types, weapons, etc...to the standard game? If your new modes are well designed, and you have the confidence that they are what the game needs, they will win out, by player voting at the menu, they will choose what game type they like.

"Once you learn good English...Can't nobody take it away!"

Xbox LIVE Gamertag: KEVIN G 40

kevin g. is offline  
post #21 of 44 Old 03-20-2013, 07:23 AM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member
 
americangunner's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Posts: 1,890
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 287
I am loving the campaign. Me and a buddy rolled through a little over half of it last night. The way they set it up with smaller sections, it makes it balls out the whole time. Some of the declass missions make it pretty tough, but very rewarding. I played a few matches of the online and don't have any problem with it. I was suprised by the down but not out being removed, but there were several times where I took on two people and killed both, you just have to know how and when to use cover. They knocked this one out of the park in my book.

XBL: xGunner26x

PSN: AMER1CAN_GUNNER

Steam: xGunner26x

americangunner is offline  
post #22 of 44 Old 03-20-2013, 09:20 AM
Member
 
jholzbauer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Posts: 194
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Liked: 15
Quote:
Originally Posted by americangunner View Post

I am loving the campaign. Me and a buddy rolled through a little over half of it last night. The way they set it up with smaller sections, it makes it balls out the whole time. Some of the declass missions make it pretty tough, but very rewarding. I played a few matches of the online and don't have any problem with it. I was suprised by the down but not out being removed, but there were several times where I took on two people and killed both, you just have to know how and when to use cover. They knocked this one out of the park in my book.

Man, this makes me want to play NOW. Glad to hear the positive review. I'm a huge Cole fan. I heard one review say they toned him down a bit. What's your take on that? I'm hoping to still get some woos and memorable one-liners.
jholzbauer is offline  
post #23 of 44 Old 03-20-2013, 09:25 AM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member
 
americangunner's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Posts: 1,890
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 287
We've heard a few woos, but he is a little subdued. Padok (sp?) says some funny stuff and Baird is as comical as ever.

XBL: xGunner26x

PSN: AMER1CAN_GUNNER

Steam: xGunner26x

americangunner is offline  
post #24 of 44 Old 03-20-2013, 10:06 AM
AVS Special Member
 
kevin g.'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: North Carolina
Posts: 1,352
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 38 Post(s)
Liked: 49
Quote:
Originally Posted by americangunner View Post

I am loving the campaign. Me and a buddy rolled through a little over half of it last night. The way they set it up with smaller sections, it makes it balls out the whole time. Some of the declass missions make it pretty tough, but very rewarding. I played a few matches of the online and don't have any problem with it. I was suprised by the down but not out being removed, but there were several times where I took on two people and killed both, you just have to know how and when to use cover. They knocked this one out of the park in my book.

Can you play the mission, then go back and re-play as a de-classified mission...(one by one)?

"Once you learn good English...Can't nobody take it away!"

Xbox LIVE Gamertag: KEVIN G 40

kevin g. is offline  
post #25 of 44 Old 03-20-2013, 10:11 AM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member
 
americangunner's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Posts: 1,890
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 287
Yeah. Each section is short and the declass missions emblem is usually right at the beginning of the level. So you can always go back and re run the mission right away and choose to declass it and see the difference. So far we have ran all of the declass and plan to do our next play through without using them to see the difference.

XBL: xGunner26x

PSN: AMER1CAN_GUNNER

Steam: xGunner26x

americangunner is offline  
post #26 of 44 Old 03-20-2013, 11:06 AM
AVS Special Member
 
ultracat's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Posts: 1,370
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked: 54
Quote:
Originally Posted by kevin g. View Post

A few issues I have found thusfar:
No downs//executions. (Supposedly, Ececution will be a game-type download early next month) Which does bring out the reasoning for not being able to run with two primary weapons. Who needs an extra gun, when the other player is dead, within a few rounds? Firefights with multiple enemies, now end the way you would expect...your death. The random chance that you may survive long enough to get up from DBNO and take revenge, or hold off long enough for your teammate to get there...is gone.
Sticking with a grenade, is gone as we knew it. The "lob-stick" is annoying. No "wall-tagging"?
Gnasher is still annoying. And still overpowered.

Game modes are OK.
Domination is probably my favorite so far. It's just not KOTH, or ANNEX...the sense of urgency is gone.
FFA, will be fun with a full room of friends.

Haven't campaigned yet.

Maps are ok, with the vertical levels, it adds a different aspect. Just...give me more maps!!! People Can Fly did the same thing with Bulletstorm...minimal maps, short game. No real direction.

I reserve comments on the new weapons...just haven't been able to spend enough time with them.

Additional Weapon and Character skins are a really cool addition, and you unlock some as you progress through your levels, via prize boxes...Not sure if it is random, but one of my boxes brought 400 xp, just before I signed off last night.

I guess, overall, we will have to play more to give it a fair shake. And you have to evolve the game, otherwise...where would we be? (COD, anyone...?) But why People Can Fly would think eliminating signature Gears components, would still make Gears game, is beyond me. Why not add your modes, and game types, weapons, etc...to the standard game? If your new modes are well designed, and you have the confidence that they are what the game needs, they will win out, by player voting at the menu, they will choose what game type they like.

I basically agree with all of this. Looks like they tweaked some weapon damage since the Beta over the weekend. I too am finding the gnasher to be it's usual self, but it wasn't taht way at all over the weekend in the Beta.

I really like the 3D nature of the maps. I also like that you can actually get longer distance kills with a rifle like hammerburst or lancer. Maps can be a little big for just 5v5. Last night on Gondola I kept running around saying "where is everyone? I haven't seen an enemy in at least 60 seconds!" Haven't tried campaign yet, probably this weekend. I bought the season pass so I'm really looking forward to new maps (the game needs more maps big time!) I like the weapon skins etc but once again (like GOW3) they are waaaaaay too expensive. You can buy all the skins for 4000 pts.......4000 pts just for character and weapon skins???? Waaaaay too much.

XBOX 360 - KrazeeEyezKeith

PS4 - KrazeeKeith

ultracat is offline  
post #27 of 44 Old 03-20-2013, 01:52 PM
AVS Special Member
 
kevin g.'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: North Carolina
Posts: 1,352
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 38 Post(s)
Liked: 49
Quote:
Originally Posted by ultracat View Post

I basically agree with all of this. Looks like they tweaked some weapon damage since the Beta over the weekend. I too am finding the gnasher to be it's usual self, but it wasn't taht way at all over the weekend in the Beta.

I really like the 3D nature of the maps. I also like that you can actually get longer distance kills with a rifle like hammerburst or lancer. Maps can be a little big for just 5v5. Last night on Gondola I kept running around saying "where is everyone? I haven't seen an enemy in at least 60 seconds!" Haven't tried campaign yet, probably this weekend. I bought the season pass so I'm really looking forward to new maps (the game needs more maps big time!) I like the weapon skins etc but once again (like GOW3) they are waaaaaay too expensive. You can buy all the skins for 4000 pts.......4000 pts just for character and weapon skins???? Waaaaay too much.


That's the disappointing part, without DBNO, it's almost more annoying than any of the other iterations. You know, you could bitch about getting dropped from accross the map, with a Gnasher...but at least you weren't DEAD...

I didn't see you could buy ALL of the skins for a price, but I was really surprised that each individual skin was 400 MSP....

"Once you learn good English...Can't nobody take it away!"

Xbox LIVE Gamertag: KEVIN G 40

kevin g. is offline  
post #28 of 44 Old 03-21-2013, 04:57 AM
AVS Special Member
 
WilliamR's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2006
Posts: 8,012
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 108 Post(s)
Liked: 181
Interesting game. Not sure I love it, I think I just kind of like it. While it looks really good, graphics are great. New weapons are nice, it is a solid Gears game, but there are a lot of negatives. The biggest is the way Baird tells the story for each chapter. With the delivery and the way the game is telling it in flashbacks really really takes me out of the story, it is just not that interesting. In previous games you were thrust into the game and you were invested in what is going on. In this one, I just don't seem to care. The whole way the chapters end and you continue, etc. just seems off to me. The rest of the game is pretty much identical to other Gears games.

WilliamR is offline  
post #29 of 44 Old 03-21-2013, 07:36 AM
AVS Special Member
 
ultracat's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Posts: 1,370
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked: 54
Quote:
Originally Posted by kevin g. View Post

That's the disappointing part, without DBNO, it's almost more annoying than any of the other iterations. You know, you could bitch about getting dropped from accross the map, with a Gnasher...but at least you weren't DEAD...

I didn't see you could buy ALL of the skins for a price, but I was really surprised that each individual skin was 400 MSP....

I heard they are releasing Execution mode in a few weeks in a download.

http://www.joystiq.com/2013/02/27/gears-of-war-judgment-execution-mode-haven-map-free-after-laun/

Man I was right, hardly anyone is playing this game. It's launch week and if you go through the different modes, most modes only have 2000-3000 people playing worldwide at any given time. TDM is the most popular with around 10,000 - 15,000 playing. The height of Gears is way over....

XBOX 360 - KrazeeEyezKeith

PS4 - KrazeeKeith

ultracat is offline  
post #30 of 44 Old 03-21-2013, 01:50 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member
 
americangunner's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Posts: 1,890
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 287
Yeah the online numbers are pretty pathetic on this game, which sucks.

XBL: xGunner26x

PSN: AMER1CAN_GUNNER

Steam: xGunner26x

americangunner is offline  
Reply Xbox Area

User Tag List

Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page


Forum Jump: 

Posting Rules  
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off