Wired vs Wireless controller? - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 7 Old 03-12-2013, 12:23 PM - Thread Starter
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 13
Gonna sample my gf's daughters Xbox to see what I'm gonna buy when the new systems come out (ps3 fanboy), and was wondering which controller is best for fps? Is there any lag with the wireless, or anymore then what would be on ps3?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 7 Old 03-12-2013, 12:55 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 493
the wireless does have a bit of lag over wired.

however, the wireless used in the 360 has less lag than bluetooth so if you're used to the PS3 controllers' lag, you'll be used to the 360 lag.
post #3 of 7 Old 03-12-2013, 01:01 PM - Thread Starter
Advanced Member

Liked: 13
Tbh I don't really notice any lag with the ps3...thx for the response.
post #4 of 7 Old 03-18-2013, 05:05 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 19 Post(s)
Liked: 60
I've played BC2 and BF3 with wired and wireless. I haven't noticed any difference between the two other than having a far lighter controller.

Also note that the xbox automatically assigns any wired controller immediately upon bootup. So if you have wired plugged in and decide to turn it on via wireless controller, your wireless controller becomes #2. And unlike the PS3, it's not easy to switch controller assignments. I've found that the only way to do it is to turn off the xbox and back on again.
post #5 of 7 Old 03-19-2013, 05:09 AM

Liked: 10
the big difference between wireless and wired controller for the 360 is the weight... I picked the wired just from the feel of it in my hands. I have noticed a slight lag in games like COD and Halo but nothing that would change a k/d ratio
post #6 of 7 Old 03-19-2013, 11:33 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 27 Post(s)
Liked: 200
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord_Zath View Post

Also note that the xbox automatically assigns any wired controller immediately upon bootup. So if you have wired plugged in and decide to turn it on via wireless controller, your wireless controller becomes #2. And unlike the PS3, it's not easy to switch controller assignments. I've found that the only way to do it is to turn off the xbox and back on again.

I keep several wired controllers plugged in. When I don't require something like my MadCatz digital gamepad and I'm instead using the regular wireless gamepad, all I have to do is log into my profile after starting the console with the guide button on the wireless controller.

Doing that asks me if I want to log my profile out from the wired controller that has the player #1 slot that logged into it automatically at bootup and reassigns it to my wireless controller when I log back in. While the light on the controller won't change, I'm able to play single player games just fine with my profile assigned to the correct controller and it's a lot more convenient than plugging in and removing a wired controller like my arcade stick all the time.
post #7 of 7 Old 03-20-2013, 03:09 AM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 493
my technique for swapping controllers and staying controller 1 is to unplug the batteries. count seconds. then turn on the next controller. that usually works.

but when it doesn't, I just sign my controller 2 as my profile. actually faster. but yeah, I can imagine the OCD people hating to play their game as controller 2 instead of controller 1.
Reply Xbox Area

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page