post #91 of 126 Old 05-09-2013, 12:40 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 287
Quote:
Originally Posted by mappleby285 View Post

Must have been a weird server bug. I quit the game immediately after buying the 2 lockboxes and when I logged back in about 3 hours later now I have new items in my inventory even though I never got the pop-up notification. Strange.
That is strange, but at least it was fixed. It does sound like a small bug, one that just stopped it from showing up in your inventory until it reset after you logged back in. I haven't ran into anything horrible yet. Nothing gamebreaking, but I did have an enemy spawn in a wall and we had to melee kill him before it would let us complete the mission.

XBL: xGunner26x

PSN: AMER1CAN_GUNNER

Steam: xGunner26x

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #92 of 126 Old 05-09-2013, 01:07 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 53 Post(s)
Liked: 43
Quote:

Anybody else had Lockboxes give you nothing? I bought a Tier 2 and a Tier 3 lockbox today and nothing happened. It deducted the scrip and keycodes but nothing was added to my inventory. WTF?

No, but I've had tier 4 lockboxes that SEEMED to give me nothing LOL...

Xbox Live: General PATT0N
post #93 of 126 Old 05-09-2013, 04:39 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 34 Post(s)
Liked: 20
Quote:

Anybody else had Lockboxes give you nothing? I bought a Tier 2 and a Tier 3 lockbox today and nothing happened. It deducted the scrip and keycodes but nothing was added to my inventory. WTF?
Check the Defiance Store (bottom of the circular menu). If you ran out of inventory space, they'd be left there for pickup.

Inventory is tricky. If you are capable of retrieving mods from a weapon but aren't offered the option in the Salvage Matrix menu, check to see if you have enough inventory space to hold the items you are trying to get...

Ooops, I see it was just a fluke. Advice still stands: check the store occasionally for undelivered goods...

LIVE: mikepaul
PSN: mikewpaul
post #94 of 126 Old 05-09-2013, 04:42 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by rightintel View Post

No, but I've had tier 4 lockboxes that SEEMED to give me nothing LOL...
Had 72 keycodes. Bought three Tier 3 lockboxes at once. Nine items, two that weren't scrapped...

post #95 of 126 Old 05-09-2013, 07:21 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikepaul View Post

Had 72 keycodes. Bought three Tier 3 lockboxes at once. Nine items, two that weren't scrapped...

Yeah, I only buy a tier 4 now when the key codes are maxed out...w/ less than stellar items to show for it usually.

post #96 of 126 Old 05-10-2013, 09:17 AM

Liked: 10
Quote:

Check the Defiance Store (bottom of the circular menu). If you ran out of inventory space, they'd be left there for pickup.

Inventory is tricky. If you are capable of retrieving mods from a weapon but aren't offered the option in the Salvage Matrix menu, check to see if you have enough inventory space to hold the items you are trying to get...

Ooops, I see it was just a fluke. Advice still stands: check the store occasionally for undelivered goods...

Thanks. I'll keep that in mind in the future. Do the lockboxes give better stuff as your EGO rating gets higher? I'm kind of assuming yes which is why I only bought some when my keycodes were maxed out. I'm still at EGO level 395 so I figure I won't get much decent from the boxes yet. I have a purple grenade and purple shield everything else is mostly green or blue still.
post #97 of 126 Old 05-10-2013, 10:44 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:

Thanks. I'll keep that in mind in the future. Do the lockboxes give better stuff as your EGO rating gets higher? I'm kind of assuming yes which is why I only bought some when my keycodes were maxed out. I'm still at EGO level 395 so I figure I won't get much decent from the boxes yet. I have a purple grenade and purple shield everything else is mostly green or blue still.

They get better, but rarely is it something earth-shattering. I wouldn't want it to be all the time cuz it would ruin the game, but once in a blue moon it'd be nice to get an orange weapon/grenade/shield.

post #98 of 126 Old 05-10-2013, 01:08 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

As the EGO climbs, the shields and grenades change their specs. Instead of 3 seconds to start recharging, a shield can drop to 2.55 seconds, or lower since I'm only like EGO 1566. And I now have grenades that recharge in 24 seconds, but that still seems like forever.

I'm in the last part of the main story now, after entering San Francisco via roller. I wish I felt that grinding up to EGO 4,000 was going to make the shields more helpful. I do have to actually use the various powers more. Overcharge is what I usually have handy, but maybe the others would have saved the dozen or so revival fees I had to pay yesterday. So many that I started getting a discount as my funds disappeared...

post #99 of 126 Old 05-10-2013, 08:30 PM

I went with Cloak and love it. Recharges shields on use and good for defense/survival. I also enjoy sniping from a distance so it fits my play-style. I haven't figured out if I need to be using it for my other perks to be active though. I have some, like increased critical when enemies aren't engaged or more critical damage when crouched, that I'm not sure if I need to be using my cloak for them to work or not. It doesn't say I do but I've noticed I only get a "Power Kill" when using the cloak and getting a critical kill.
post #100 of 126 Old 05-10-2013, 09:01 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

Quote:

I went with Cloak and love it. Recharges shields on use and good for defense/survival. I also enjoy sniping from a distance so it fits my play-style. I haven't figured out if I need to be using it for my other perks to be active though. I have some, like increased critical when enemies aren't engaged or more critical damage when crouched, that I'm not sure if I need to be using my cloak for them to work or not. It doesn't say I do but I've noticed I only get a "Power Kill" when using the cloak and getting a critical kill.
"Power Kill" only shows when a power is active and you kill something. If you look through the pursuits, you'll see several ranks of kills while using specific powers are required. I'm not sure ALL powers have a requirement, but eventually you'll want to kill LOTS of things while Cloaked...

post #101 of 126 Old 05-10-2013, 09:07 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

Piece of advice. Eventually, like 80% through, you'll hit a part of the main quest where you get a sub-machine gun called El Diablo. Do NOT lose this weapon. It is amazing. The fire nano procs at what must be 100%, and it is very fast and very good. I carried it quite a while before trying it out, and have now added the missing mod slots so I can improve on it some more. First one was 1.4x clip size so it keeps firing. Next will be the best damage barrel I can find.

I can't recall any other named weapons the game gave me but now I hope none of them were this good since they are gone now...

After further testing on enemies that don't show flames bouncing off their exoskeleton all the time, lots of humanoid enemies fail to burst into flames. Not sure why I get mostly burning mutants. Maybe the shields on the others only allows flames to catch after the shields are gone, and after that they tend to be dead...

post #102 of 126 Old 05-11-2013, 11:45 AM

Damn, I think I recently scrapped that one.
post #103 of 126 Old 05-11-2013, 01:20 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

Quote:

Damn, I think I recently scrapped that one.
Well, don't worry TOO much about it. I ran into members of a clan last night who didn't think I had any right to tell them that they needed to get out of my way so I could shoot at one of those Progenitor arms that had the critical spot under the base. They were jumping onto the base, blocking the hole, leaving me a bunch of legs to shoot through which failed. After somebody finally got it, the 'discussion' tailed off into various insults. Mine were mostly calling them morons. Theirs involved my EGO 1600 being hundreds of points below theirs so of course I didn't know nuthin bout arkfallin. My clan must suck if I'm in it. Stuff like that.

The pertinent part of this was to belittle me for carrying a 'mission weapon'. El Diablo being a mission weapon, that should be what they meant. So I guess if you don't have it, nobody will pick on you for doing so...

post #104 of 126 Old 05-22-2013, 05:16 PM

Liked: 11
How active is the community online? I'm thinking of getting this game because I love co-op games. Is a mic recommended for a game like this?
post #105 of 126 Old 05-22-2013, 09:21 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by glibchef View Post

How active is the community online? I'm thinking of getting this game because I love co-op games. Is a mic recommended for a game like this?
Active depends on who you talk to. Some folks claim Defiance is already going downhill. The friends they used to play with aren't there anymore. Stuff like that.

Me, I've added new friends, but I still haven't gotten the 15 Friends Playing At Once pursuit item. Still see plenty of people at arkfalls. And someday I'll bother doing more multiplayer but the last time I tried to just jump in, there weren't enough people who wanted to play at the same time to start a Shadow War match.

So, if you want PvP, you might need to work on extra friends to be sure you have somebody handy to fight.

Mic is nice to discuss the game and any trading you want to do. Unfortunately, some people have a mic and misuse it. Other than the volume control on your headset, or forming a Party of maybe one, you can't really silence them. I hope they fix that...

http://forums.defiance.com/forumdisplay.php?22-General-Xbox-360 makes for good reading...

post #106 of 126 Old 05-24-2013, 02:26 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

Part of the latest patch was a new Salvage Matrix item to revive your weapons so they can gain damage again for your skills. This is the single best thing they did. My best Mazu Blast Rifle was waiting for the time when I didn't need more skill, and now I've started to use it up all over again. There are more expensive things to spend salvage on, like adding mod slots to high-EGO weapons, but now I have an Assault Rifle that I won't have to replace. Well, OK, until they release some new enemy that requires a new weapon. For now, though, I'm happy...

Edit.

...and then I noticed that my 25-shot Cluster Shot grenade-launching shotgun has become a 12-shot. The +9 bonus may have been turned into a x1.10 clip bonus, which is not exactly 'fair'. Apparently they never wanted shotguns to be able to fire that much without reloading. Cutting that by more than half sure fixed it HERE.

At least the 1.020 patch notes mentioned shotguns. The lowered bug damage from my Innoculators (575 per bite, down from 632) isn't documented anywhere I've seen so far...

post #107 of 126 Old 05-24-2013, 03:27 PM

Liked: 11
Quote:

Active depends on who you talk to. Some folks claim Defiance is already going downhill. The friends they used to play with aren't there anymore. Stuff like that.

Me, I've added new friends, but I still haven't gotten the 15 Friends Playing At Once pursuit item. Still see plenty of people at arkfalls. And someday I'll bother doing more multiplayer but the last time I tried to just jump in, there weren't enough people who wanted to play at the same time to start a Shadow War match.

So, if you want PvP, you might need to work on extra friends to be sure you have somebody handy to fight.

Mic is nice to discuss the game and any trading you want to do. Unfortunately, some people have a mic and misuse it. Other than the volume control on your headset, or forming a Party of maybe one, you can't really silence them. I hope they fix that...

http://forums.defiance.com/forumdisplay.php?22-General-Xbox-360 makes for good reading...

Yeah, I thought this game was going to be way more popular, but I guess its dying slowly. I guess if I wanted to try this game and make it worth it, I better try it soon before the online community is even more dead.
post #108 of 126 Old 05-25-2013, 05:58 PM

I'm still liking the game but I'm living out of a hotel for a while so I can't play. Hopefully there will still be players around when I can get back on.
post #109 of 126 Old 05-25-2013, 08:07 PM
AVS Special Member

There seems to be a lot of people on every time I play it.

post #110 of 126 Old 05-25-2013, 09:08 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

Some people think that if their friends have stopped playing, the game is a ghost town.

I got seriously annoyed at the latest hot-fix. I'm not quitting. Yet...

post #111 of 126 Old 05-25-2013, 10:27 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:

Some people think that if their friends have stopped playing, the game is a ghost town.

I got seriously annoyed at the latest hot-fix. I'm not quitting. Yet...
I know that for me, I am starting to lose interest. It's not a bad game, but it is getting very tedious. Hopefully they can change up the arkfalls soon.

post #112 of 126 Old 05-25-2013, 11:51 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by americangunner View Post

I know that for me, I am starting to lose interest. It's not a bad game, but it is getting very tedious. Hopefully they can change up the arkfalls soon.

So true. I loved it at 1st, but now it's getting really BO-RING...

post #113 of 126 Old 05-29-2013, 08:11 AM
AVS Special Member

I jumped back in Defiance yesterday. I love that they continue to bring new content and update the world. Finding the data recorders and seeing all the sick people laying around in the fast travel areas was pretty cool. And there are still a ton of players in the world, so I doubt anyone will have a hard time finding a community to do stuff with.

post #114 of 126 Old 06-01-2013, 09:30 AM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

I got Infectors to Level 20, for the Achievement and the pursuit item. The orange Afflictor I picked up along the way is doing its job quite well now. I need to strip off all the Level III mods from the Incubators I have left over, mule a set over to my other character, then share the rest. SMGs might be next, since El Diablo is cheap to restore.

Speaking of restore, it might not be a great move unless they fix the bug that causes the burned-out bonus to change like every time you start the game. I had a bonus I was willing to live with, now I see random ones that are sometimes less than desirable. 10% EGO recharge on reload becomes 0.91x reload. Whoop de doo...

post #115 of 126 Old 06-01-2013, 02:40 PM
AVS Special Member

I'm getting a ton of purple loot today, but w/ no mod slots open all of the sudden. It's emptied my ark-money in a sec...

post #116 of 126 Old 06-01-2013, 07:08 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

Quote:

I'm getting a ton of purple loot today, but w/ no mod slots open all of the sudden. It's emptied my ark-money in a sec...
What EGO level are you? I think the good stuff stopped just about 1600...

post #117 of 126 Old 06-03-2013, 05:46 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

Sieges.

< sigh >

Kinda wish they'd do a LARGE-scale test of stuff like that before inflicting them on us. Even when not IN a siege, I couldn't change weapons or pick up fallen players or loot while doing an arkfall. Supremely serious lag. After visiting one siege, I think maybe those infected people (or whatever else is out there at other versions of sieges) suck up too much server power to make them run around.

Maybe the 4AM Defiance playing isn't such a bad idea...

post #118 of 126 Old 06-03-2013, 09:25 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:

Sieges.

< sigh >

Kinda wish they'd do a LARGE-scale test of stuff like that before inflicting them on us. Even when not IN a siege, I couldn't change weapons or pick up fallen players or loot while doing an arkfall. Supremely serious lag. After visiting one siege, I think maybe those infected people (or whatever else is out there at other versions of sieges) suck up too much server power to make them run around.

Maybe the 4AM Defiance playing isn't such a bad idea...

EGO over 1600, same experience w/ the Siege. Although it's nice to level up your weapon with...

post #119 of 126 Old 06-04-2013, 07:24 AM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

Quote:

EGO over 1600, same experience w/ the Siege. Although it's nice to level up your weapon with...
At EGO 2388, some lock box loot has two slots again, but not consistently yet.

I noticed that my EGO 200 character had an EGO 2378 weapon. Turns out the store pickup window is shared. Only the loot that is for a brand new character is marked as unsharable, per my testing. I have filled my EGO 200 character's inventory and will let everything spill into pickup for a day or so, then see if any multi-slot purples are there for EGO 2388 to use. Since the cost of adding slots is EGO based, it won't be awful if they are just purple. A 10% EGO power recharge on full reload Courier my EGO 200 has now will come in handy if one like it shows up again.

I expect that discussion of this 'bug' will cause it to be fixed. Not a huge deal, since trading with friends to accomplish the same deal is possible...

post #120 of 126 Old 06-04-2013, 05:54 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:

Quote:

At EGO 2388, some lock box loot has two slots again, but not consistently yet.

I noticed that my EGO 200 character had an EGO 2378 weapon. Turns out the store pickup window is shared. Only the loot that is for a brand new character is marked as unsharable, per my testing. I have filled my EGO 200 character's inventory and will let everything spill into pickup for a day or so, then see if any multi-slot purples are there for EGO 2388 to use. Since the cost of adding slots is EGO based, it won't be awful if they are just purple. A 10% EGO power recharge on full reload Courier my EGO 200 has now will come in handy if one like it shows up again.

I expect that discussion of this 'bug' will cause it to be fixed. Not a huge deal, since trading with friends to accomplish the same deal is possible...

When I 1st login, it shows me two different EGO ratings. I deleted the 1st character ages ago. Weird...

Reply Xbox Area

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page