Defiance - Page 5 - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #121 of 126 Old 06-07-2013, 09:34 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 11
Is it just me or is Defiance constantly offline? Every time I seem to log on to play I get cut off for some reason or another. It's sort of frustrating. I've set the game aside for awhile so maybe they will work out the issues.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #122 of 126 Old 06-07-2013, 12:34 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked: 18
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kalovaku View Post

Is it just me or is Defiance constantly offline? Every time I seem to log on to play I get cut off for some reason or another. It's sort of frustrating. I've set the game aside for awhile so maybe they will work out the issues.
It's not always unavailable, but I set a new personal record last night. In a siege, I timed out. When I signed back in, I couldn't even move before I was timed out again. This repeated over and over until I quit to the dashboard and restarted from there. No more timeouts for a while.

Did the 360 client software cause the problem? Don't know. All I know is what worked, and what I'll do next time I time out...

LIVE: mikepaul
PSN: mikewpaul
post #123 of 126 Old 06-07-2013, 06:22 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 34 Post(s)
Liked: 40
Quote:
Originally Posted by mikepaul View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kalovaku View Post

It's not always unavailable, but I set a new personal record last night. In a siege, I timed out. When I signed back in, I couldn't even move before I was timed out again. This repeated over and over until I quit to the dashboard and restarted from there. No more timeouts for a while.

Did the 360 client software cause the problem? Don't know. All I know is what worked, and what I'll do next time I time out...

Identical experience for me w/ siege...

Xbox Live: General PATT0N
post #124 of 126 Old 06-11-2013, 06:31 AM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

Haven't tried to play in a few days. The server that allows you to connect with friends, form groups, make trades, and all the other 'social' stuff hasn't been working. Reports on the Defiance website have it still not 100%. I don't want some fix to come along and possibly erase some work I've done or some loot I've gotten, so I'm working on other games instead. Finished Fuse and started again for an Achievement that didn't pop. Leveling up in Dark Souls so I can try to survive longer. Stuff like that. Hopefully anyone playing is getting by...

post #125 of 126 Old 06-20-2013, 03:18 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

My Linksys router is just about dead. I rebooted it to see if that fixed another disconnect from Defiance, and when it came back up it was like I'd pushed the reset button. Not willing to put up with hardware issues when trying to play an online game. Went with 802.11AC just so I'm ready when AC is more available.

Started moving decent low-EGO weapons to my high-EGO character. Still not getting all 4 slots on either character, so I'm moving both forward slowly. If I could avoid playing other games I'd do better, but my need for a change has been too strong. With fewer disconnects, maybe I can stick with Defiance longer. I'll find out...

post #126 of 126 Old 05-07-2014, 08:34 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 76 Post(s)
Liked: 377
Kind of old news, but I figure I would update this thread. Defiance will go Free To Play on the Xbox 360 in June.

http://www.totalxbox.com/75884/defiance-xbox-360-will-go-free-to-play/
Reply Xbox Area

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page