Battlefield 4 - Page 10 - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #271 of 1780 Old 06-16-2013, 12:15 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 36 Post(s)
Liked: 72
wow that just seems stupid. or perhaps it's a sign that microsoft expects to support it for many years to come...

Zath soaring school:
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Battlefield 3 AVS stats:
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Remember Nexus

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #272 of 1780 Old 06-16-2013, 01:10 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 178
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord_Zath View Post

wow that just seems stupid. or perhaps it's a sign that microsoft expects to support it for many years to come...

Per MS execs, the 360 is the next gen console for those without reliable internet. They just re-skinned it to look like a smaller Xbone.
post #273 of 1780 Old 06-16-2013, 03:04 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 213 Post(s)
Liked: 429
Quote:
Originally Posted by ThumperII View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord_Zath View Post

Per MS execs, the 360 is the next gen console for those without reliable internet. They just re-skinned it to look like a smaller Xbone.

I'm wondering how many xbone titles are making their way to the 360? I imagine the first year will see a few then taper off.
post #274 of 1780 Old 06-18-2013, 07:20 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 113 Post(s)
Liked: 214
Some good videos that shows how some things will work for BF4:
post #275 of 1780 Old 06-18-2013, 07:53 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
Quoted: 158 Post(s)
Liked: 713
thanks for posting the vids.. very interesting, i hope the whole "losing ammo" when you reload makes the final cut, because that is more realistic..
post #276 of 1780 Old 06-18-2013, 10:04 PM
AVS Special Member

Hmm the mental war rages...was on with lazy, dk, and trail talking about the xbone vs PS4 debate. The more I read about the xbone the more I like. This Kinect thing is really growing on me too. Side note, holy fk I'm sore from playing last night eek.gif

I don't care about always online, am anyway. The used game thing may be overblown by a large degree. Some reading indicates they offer the ability to clamp down, but not require it. Either way, don't care. I'm getting more frugal and have been cherry picking what I buy anyway. Besides, Steam doesn't allow sharing or resale that I'm aware of. Android and Apple apps for phones and tablets can't be shared or resold. So the precedent is there. This isn't an excuse merely a fact. Least this way there is sharing and potential for giving it away or resale.

My plusses: I like the Xbox controller better. Already have live. Dig the new Kinect features and see it allowing a lot more potential. The server side computing looks to add a lot of abilities. The family sharing thing could be cool to cut gaming costs between friends. Smartglass tablet integration looks amazing.

So all in all I'm thinking PS4 is business as usual and xbone is looking to be a true next gen console. Still waiting to see how things shake out before I plunk money down but at this point I'm heavily leaning towards an xbone.

I have two big concerns: just bought two consoles within recent enough memory and had to buy those consoles because my previous ones died in some fashion. So going forward I'm a little concerned that my high dollar console will fry itself and I'm back buying another round.

Another thing to remember, and this works both ways, Sony is capitalizing on the backlash microsoft is receiving. Their marketers are spinning things. So the better choice may be the current unpopular decision.

*Views expressed are my own, I have no stock in microsoft and my flame retarders are on 11.
vedderpj13 likes this.
post #277 of 1780 Old 06-19-2013, 12:35 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 18 Post(s)
Liked: 90
OMG I want it now! Thanks MPH for the vids.

XBL : neonima

PSN : NeoNima
post #278 of 1780 Old 06-19-2013, 12:46 AM
AVS Special Member

More gameplay footage from LevelCap:

I really hope my beloved AN94 makes it into BF4.

post #279 of 1780 Old 06-19-2013, 05:32 AM
AVS Special Member

Nexus, I couldn't keep on the AVS XBone thread because it...well I just couldn't keep up (and MS seemed to really not want to reveal everything when I was researching). So I think I am out of the loop again.

What about the Kinect is "growing on you"?

Also, I am unfamiliar with the sharing plan with family and friends that you speak of.

(Funny coming from a PS controller, I never thought I would accept a Xbox controller. Now I can't imagine going to a PS controller.)
post #280 of 1780 Old 06-19-2013, 05:37 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 62 Post(s)
Liked: 162
Quote:
Originally Posted by lordxar5 View Post

Hmm the mental war rages...was on with lazy, dk, and trail talking about the xbone vs PS4 debate. The more I read about the xbone the more I like. This Kinect thing is really growing on me too. Side note, holy fk I'm sore from playing last night eek.gif

I don't care about always online, am anyway. The used game thing may be overblown by a large degree. Some reading indicates they offer the ability to clamp down, but not require it. Either way, don't care. I'm getting more frugal and have been cherry picking what I buy anyway. Besides, Steam doesn't allow sharing or resale that I'm aware of. Android and Apple apps for phones and tablets can't be shared or resold. So the precedent is there. This isn't an excuse merely a fact. Least this way there is sharing and potential for giving it away or resale.

My plusses: I like the Xbox controller better. Already have live. Dig the new Kinect features and see it allowing a lot more potential. The server side computing looks to add a lot of abilities. The family sharing thing could be cool to cut gaming costs between friends. Smartglass tablet integration looks amazing.

So all in all I'm thinking PS4 is business as usual and xbone is looking to be a true next gen console. Still waiting to see how things shake out before I plunk money down but at this point I'm heavily leaning towards an xbone.

I have two big concerns: just bought two consoles within recent enough memory and had to buy those consoles because my previous ones died in some fashion. So going forward I'm a little concerned that my high dollar console will fry itself and I'm back buying another round.

Another thing to remember, and this works both ways, Sony is capitalizing on the backlash microsoft is receiving. Their marketers are spinning things. So the better choice may be the current unpopular decision.

*Views expressed are my own, I have no stock in microsoft and my flame retarders are on 11.

Why don't you put in a pre-order? You can always cancel and it cost nothing. No regrets that way!

Xbox Live: TheRealMaxPower --- PSN: TheRealMaxPower

Panasonic TC-P65VT60    Vienna Acoustic Mozart Grands    Onkyo TX-SR805   Sony BDP-S790

Astro Mixamp 2013   Schiit Modi    AKG K702 65th Anniversary   Antlion ModMic    Sennheiser PC360

Theater- Benq W1070    Elite 120" projection...

post #281 of 1780 Old 06-19-2013, 05:48 AM
AVS Special Member

This was just posted in the PS4 thread and one of the designer says on the Jimmy Fallon show that FPS are important to them and they tried to make the analog sticks on the PS4 controller more accurate. Also I am sure that other companies will quickly release third party controllers.

http://www.theverge.com/2013/6/19/4444338/playstation-4-xbox-one-late-night-with-jimmy-fallon-used-games-drm-online-requirement

post #282 of 1780 Old 06-19-2013, 06:37 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 36 Post(s)
Liked: 72
Quote:
Originally Posted by mphfrom77 View Post

Some good videos that shows how some things will work for BF4:

Hmm...

1. I'm not sure about so many guns being all-kit guns. If they're going that route, why not allow you to fully customize your perks? Drop down ammo, revive people. Battlefield 5 will have just one class - soldier

2. Vehicle camos are cool. I'd like to be able to import my own camos though. I'd love to drive around in a tank with a Pussy Wagon camo.

3. So we're getting squads of 5 but getting rid of something that bound the squads together (squad perks)? I'm not sure how I feel here. Battlefield 5 will have unlimited squad mates. They'll just call it a... team.

Edit - watched the 4th video posted, so I'm retracting #3. Looks like an interesting concept. I can't get the BFF episode out of my head when I listen to LC though!

Zath soaring school:

Battlefield 3 AVS stats:

Remember Nexus

post #283 of 1780 Old 06-19-2013, 06:38 AM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 832
http://www.cronusdevice.com/ Also lets you switch 1st party controlers back and forth.

I'm sure it'll take them some time to get a PS4/XBone device working, but it's something to bookmark and keep track of.

For people that love the 360 controller, but still have an attraction to Sonys exclusives, it's been a god send (from what I've read).
post #284 of 1780 Old 06-19-2013, 06:58 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 290 Post(s)
Liked: 431
Nexus, YOU CAN DO IT. It did sound like you were leaning more to the Jedi side.

I believe this is how game sharing will work based on my personal research this morning.

I pick up to 10 people to be on my "family" list. For example

Nexus
MPH
Trail
Hapi
Wanted Sin (Not an AVS'er but used for an example below)

Shmoopy you would of made the list but you obviously dont want me flying in your chopper anymore and Spyder seems very clear that the PS4.

You 5 will be able to play any game that I own without needing the disc. Just download and play the full version of the game at no cost to you. This does not mean I can play any of your games as I am not on your "family" list. The other catch here is no triangle of friends will be allowed. This will be to prevent 10 people buying 1 game each and everyone "owning" 10 games for the price of 1. You will be able to be on multiple lists but only if there are no repeats on friends. Example - I can only be on Nexus, MPH, Trail, or Hapi list as all 5 of us are on each others friends list. But I would be able to be on 1 of theirs as well as Wanted Sin's since he has no one else on my list on his friends list. So potentially you could be on a few lists but it all falls down to whos on whos list as well as who is friends with who.

This is all from my own personal research around various parts of the web so this could all be wrong come November.

Hapi -"Lazy......cuz he's a boss like that"

mphfrom77 - "I'm an idiot."

benjamin-benjami -
post #285 of 1780 Old 06-19-2013, 07:03 AM
AVS Special Member

Also I found the PC requirements for BF4

Quote:
Battlefield 4 system requirements
The minimum PC system requirements for Battlefield 4 are expected to be:
Dual core CPU (Intel Core i5 or AMD “Bulldozer”).
At least 2 GB main system memory
Graphics card with at least 256 MB of VRAM and support for DirectX 10
20+ GB of harddrive space
Windows Vista

Recommended system requirements
The recommended PC system requirements for optimal visual quality and frame rates:
Quad core CPU (Intel Core i5 or i7) at 3 Ghz
4 GB memory (8 GB for 64-bit operating systems)
A modern DX11 graphics card with 1 GB of video memory, GeForce 600 series or Radeon 7000 series
Windows 7 64-bit operating system
20+ GB of free harddrive space

benjamin-benjami -
post #286 of 1780 Old 06-19-2013, 07:08 AM
AVS Special Member

Thanks for the try on the family thing, but was a little incoherent. Maybe an edit?

Also would they consider doing that with friends as immoral or illegal (or what is the term they might use)?
Seriously, is the problem that MS just hasn't figure all this out? I don't understand what the problem is with just putting out a definitive list of what there system is, what it will do and how it will work. Instead they are leading us around like a bunch of morons. What a debacle. They honestly should have kept there mouth shut until they could tell us exactly what the deal was. Is this normal behavior for a new console release.

Maybe they should just give someone like me a date for when all this info will be finalized, so I can tune out and come back when they are ready with all that info.

I am honestly not trying to be that guy. I'm truly a little frustrated...a little disappointed. I was really looking forward to the new Xbox, but...it seems to be getting to the point of me becoming alienated because of the intended vagueness.
post #287 of 1780 Old 06-19-2013, 08:29 AM
AVS Special Member

I'll edit when I get my computer out. Not retyping on my iPad again. Or I can explain over live what I mean. I should proof read what I read though as I didn't bother the first time

benjamin-benjami -
post #288 of 1780 Old 06-19-2013, 09:29 AM
AVS Special Member

Hehe Pussy Wagon...I want that skin!!!!

MPH I never cared about Kinect until I got one for free. I have a Wii and IMO the graphics suck. So that nixed it for me. What I did play of it was meh. Move the controllers up and down to simulate running....Kinect you actually run in place. New version is supposed to be a lot better and read fingers and heart beat.
post #289 of 1780 Old 06-19-2013, 10:36 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by emartins View Post

I'll edit when I get my computer out. Not retyping on my iPad again. Or I can explain over live what I mean. I should proof read what I read though as I didn't bother the first time

LOL yeah. Wrong thread anyways. I'll figure it all out over time too.
post #290 of 1780 Old 06-19-2013, 12:24 PM

Liked: 123
Quote:

Thanks for the try on the family thing, but was a little incoherent. Maybe an edit?

Also would they consider doing that with friends as immoral or illegal (or what is the term they might use)?
Seriously, is the problem that MS just hasn't figure all this out? I don't understand what the problem is with just putting out a definitive list of what there system is, what it will do and how it will work. Instead they are leading us around like a bunch of morons. What a debacle. They honestly should have kept there mouth shut until they could tell us exactly what the deal was. Is this normal behavior for a new console release.

Maybe they should just give someone like me a date for when all this info will be finalized, so I can tune out and come back when they are ready with all that info.

I am honestly not trying to be that guy. I'm truly a little frustrated...a little disappointed. I was really looking forward to the new Xbox, but...it seems to be getting to the point of me becoming alienated because of the intended vagueness.

This. Times 1,000.

For anything other than "features" like; being able to watch live TV like America did in 1952, the ability to shout at your console, and the capacity to Twit/Tweet/Twat...MS has been ridiculously elusive about everything so far, thus leading everyone to conclude that they are either;

A) Elitist a-holes out of touch with the gaming community

B) Elitists douchebags that think we're all too fragile to handle the truth

C) Elitists morons that have no idea what they're doing

D) All of the above.

I vote D.

As for the "family setup," it works thusly:

10 of us can be a "family." I can play any of your games in your library, BUT while I play ANY of your games, NOBODY else can play ANY of them until I'm done. Further, you can play any of my games, but NOBODY else can play ANY games from my library until you're done. So, if you have 10 people clamoring to play your games, they may have to wait days, weeks, or even months to play. This all pretty much applies to single-player games only, as anything with MP would require everyone to have a disk. MS' stance is that "they" won't be charging you anything to play your "family's" games. What they are NOT saying is that they've left it up to developers to choose if they want to charge you to play those games for "a low, low activation fee of only $59.99." Once again, deflection.

As far as the Kinect and all the other "features" go, I keep hearing the words, "new and innovative" over and over and over again. Well, if I develop a hat that has bags of monkey urine atop it, and said hat sprays that urine directly into my eyeballs every six seconds, that is most certainly "new and innovative!" Is it useful? Not unless you have a fetish for monkey urine and blurred vision. That's the Kinect. That's "the future" for MS...Monkey urine and hats. Whee. rolleyes.gif
post #291 of 1780 Old 06-19-2013, 12:52 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Liked: 101
Quote:
Originally Posted by spyder696969 View Post

This. Times 1,000.

For anything other than "features" like; being able to watch live TV like America did in 1952, the ability to shout at your console, and the capacity to Twit/Tweet/Twat...MS has been ridiculously elusive about everything so far, thus leading everyone to conclude that they are either;

A) Elitist a-holes out of touch with the gaming community

B) Elitists douchebags that think we're all too fragile to handle the truth

C) Elitists morons that have no idea what they're doing

D) All of the above.

I vote D.

As for the "family setup," it works thusly:

10 of us can be a "family." I can play any of your games in your library, BUT while I play ANY of your games, NOBODY else can play ANY of them until I'm done. Further, you can play any of my games, but NOBODY else can play ANY games from my library until you're done. So, if you have 10 people clamoring to play your games, they may have to wait days, weeks, or even months to play. This all pretty much applies to single-player games only, as anything with MP would require everyone to have a disk. MS' stance is that "they" won't be charging you anything to play your "family's" games. What they are NOT saying is that they've left it up to developers to choose if they want to charge you to play those games for "a low, low activation fee of only $59.99." Once again, deflection.

As far as the Kinect and all the other "features" go, I keep hearing the words, "new and innovative" over and over and over again. Well, if I develop a hat that has bags of monkey urine atop it, and said hat sprays that urine directly into my eyeballs every six seconds, that is most certainly "new and innovative!" Is it useful? Not unless you have a fetish for monkey urine and blurred vision. That's the Kinect. That's "the future" for MS...Monkey urine and hats. Whee. rolleyes.gif

You forgot to add E.

E) We should have known this society of ADD morons would need to know everything about everything even though we are only one week out from E3 and the console doesn't come out for another 5 MONTHS.

Please link to your detailed description of how the family plan works.

post #292 of 1780 Old 06-19-2013, 01:02 PM
AVS Special Member

Here's a link to what I've been hearing about the family plan.

http://slumz.boxden.com/f13/xbox-one-family-share-plan-clarification-1939418/

Most of my info has been coming from either IGN or Joystiq but its all off my phone and not linkable.

Monkey piss optional. biggrin.gif
post #293 of 1780 Old 06-19-2013, 01:14 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Myrtledog View Post

You forgot to add E.

E) We should have known this society of ADD morons would need to know everything about everything even though we are only one week out from E3 and the console doesn't come out for another 5 MONTHS.

Please link to your detailed description of how the family plan works.

Oh so then this is how this is normally done? Okay then, I misled myself. I have not been into gaming long enough to know how new console reveals work. If I wanted to tune out, when do you think I should be able to come back and just get all the info then? When do you think MS and Sony will have every bit of info available prior to launch date?
post #294 of 1780 Old 06-19-2013, 01:19 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Liked: 101
Quote:

Oh so then this is how this is normally done? Okay then, I misled myself. I have not been into gaming long enough to know how new console reveals work. If I wanted to tune out, when do you think I should be able to come back and just get all the info then? When do you think MS and Sony will have every bit of info available prior to launch date?

There are a number of game shows/conferences coming up that MS will provide info at. As things are finalized they will continue to announce info and clarifications. Just as the actual consoles are not ready at this point, neither is every single detail about them. Patience is a virtue! smile.gif

post #295 of 1780 Old 06-19-2013, 01:36 PM
AVS Special Member

Patience is one thing, but being jerked around is another. Maybe in October things will be panned out then. I honestly can't assume sooner based on what I have seen so far. But I bet a lot of things will be susceptible to change, or subject to devs or whoever are the powers to be, which would still complicate a decision process.

I think it will be more like a year after launch before we fully understand what MS is up to. Guess these things just take time. And patience to see how it all pans out. Or just money.
post #296 of 1780 Old 06-19-2013, 01:47 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Myrtledog View Post

Quote:

There are a number of game shows/conferences coming up that MS will provide info at. As things are finalized they will continue to announce info and clarifications. Just as the actual consoles are not ready at this point, neither is every single detail about them. Patience is a virtue! smile.gif

This. You will see things evolve and maybe even change as time passes until release for both consoles. Only until after consoles are released is it safe. Even then maybe not till after the console cycle is over will things be final.
post #297 of 1780 Old 06-19-2013, 02:05 PM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by mark_j View Post

Unless the XB1 gets rid of all the BS DRM and makes it the same DRM model as the 360 I don't think I can get it out of principle. This is coming from someone who has stuck with Xbox since the original came out what 10 years ago?

If I had to choose today it would be PS4 but still not sure I will get it at launch time and might stick with 360 for a bit longer.

http://news.xbox.com/2013/06/update

Ok, going to have take a much closer look at the Xbox One now. smile.gif

Still might hold off and stick with 360 longer but the decision is not as clear cut anymore.

XBL : lowgn
post #298 of 1780 Old 06-19-2013, 02:33 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:

Quote:

Unless the XB1 gets rid of all the BS DRM and makes it the same DRM model as the 360 I don't think I can get it out of principle. This is coming from someone who has stuck with Xbox since the original came out what 10 years ago?

If I had to choose today it would be PS4 but still not sure I will get it at launch time and might stick with 360 for a bit longer.

Still might hold off and stick with 360 longer but the decision is not as clear cut anymore.

Wow...sounds like they killed off family sharing then. Can only share disc games and not any digital purchase. So much for our previous discussion :banghead:
post #299 of 1780 Old 06-19-2013, 02:37 PM

Liked: 123
Quote:

MS...one step forward, two steps back. tongue.gif

The future is here, then it's not. The future is known, yet it isn't. The future is digital download, then it isn't. The future is being connected all the time, then it's not. The future is sharing with everyone, then one person, then 5 people, then only with a one-legged man in Madagascar with a lazy eye named Pete. rolleyes.gifrolleyes.gifrolleyes.gif

post #300 of 1780 Old 06-19-2013, 02:59 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 79 Post(s)
Liked: 210
Ha ha Spyder.

Stoked for BF4 and to finally play a game at hi rez with lots of players.

Saw a video earlier about the PS4 playing Planet Side 2 at Ultra graphics level, so I'm thinking BF4 will be similar. About a minute in he talks about the graphics...

PSN - Hapi_Kilmore_v3
Reply Xbox Area

Tags
Battlefield 4 , Xbox One Console Day One Edition , Xbox One Console Standard Edition , Xbox One Games

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page