post #811 of 1774 Old 10-04-2013, 01:50 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 142 Post(s)
Liked: 332
Quote:
Originally Posted by jasonstiller View Post

I hope so but using the BF3 beta as a example, im thinking there might not be alot of difference.

Also, where is the reference where DICE said they prefer the DS4?

He works for Dice but this was his tweets awhile back.

Hapi -"Lazy......cuz he's a boss like that"

mphfrom77 - "I'm an idiot."

benjamin-benjami - http://www.avsforum.com/t/1476721/battlefield-4/7200_100#post_24609271
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #812 of 1774 Old 10-04-2013, 01:54 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 21
sweet, thanks. Man, this really does not help me decide which console to go with.
post #813 of 1774 Old 10-04-2013, 03:41 PM
AVS Addicted Member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 156 Post(s)
Liked: 1353

Trying to play the PC beta, but it keeps crashing after loading the map.

Steam/PSN/Xbox Live: Darius510
post #814 of 1774 Old 10-04-2013, 07:25 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 61 Post(s)
Liked: 170
Quote:
Originally Posted by freemeat View Post

Couple of images of the Xbox One version

Are these your own images, or where did you find these?
post #815 of 1774 Old 10-05-2013, 10:18 AM

Liked: 123
Quote:
Originally Posted by jasonstiller View Post

I hope so but using the BF3 beta as a example, im thinking there might not be alot of difference.

Also, where is the reference where DICE said they prefer the DS4?

It's been more than subtly hinted at many, many, many times, over and over and over again that the entire DICE team prefers the PS4 controller.
post #816 of 1774 Old 10-06-2013, 02:18 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 6 Post(s)
Liked: 34
So far I'm really loving it. Something about the flow of the game seems smoother/faster, although I can't put my finger on it. I'm still slightly annoyed by the spot button being on the right bumper vs the grenade though.

Xbox Live: General PATT0N
post #817 of 1774 Old 10-06-2013, 06:47 PM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 21
First half decent footage of the xbox one version here
http://www.vg247.com/2013/10/06/battlefield-4-xbox-one-off-screen-footage-surfaces-from-russia/
http://www.product-reviews.net/2013/10/06/battlefield-4-xbox-one-gameplay-silences-haters/
From what I can see it looks pretty darn good! The lighting alone looks fantastic(junk vids though)
post #818 of 1774 Old 10-06-2013, 09:23 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 61 Post(s)
Liked: 170
I'll check out the pc beta soon, but I might be done for the 360 beta, as it was not a pleasant experience. Mainly I am tired of learning new buttons as I had a difficult time trying to figure out how to set everything up like I had it for BF3.

I'm actually surprised how frustrating that is, as I kind of thought it wouldn't be a big deal. I was a level 100 at bf3, and felt I could hold my own in anything except a Jet, and even though I am not that good in a Scout heli, if I concentrate I can usually do fine in it. But for the beta, it's like I am a complete noob.

I understand it is a unique issue for me, but a few weeks ago I went from only having played bf3 on the 360 to trying to learn how to play it on a pc with a mouse and keyboard. That was pretty frustrating trying to set up all the keybindings how I wanted them, and just trying to play the game in general. Then I went back to the 360 and had a little trouble readjusting back to that. So the 360 beta asking me to change my sticks and button configurations around away from how I have it in bf3 again is a little ridiculous.

Moving the spot button alone was a major issue I found. Vehicle play for me was terrible, and so was infantry gunplay. Since I am going to try and get a PS4, I really see no reason to keep playing the bf4 beta on 360, even though I will be happy to keep playing bf3 on 360 if people are still on.

If next gen consoles won't allow players to set their own thumbstick and button configurations, then that will be the dumbest thing ever. No matter what layout they have offered me so far with bf3 or bf4 beta, it just is not perfect, and frankly is pretty frustrating at times, especially with the beta.
post #819 of 1774 Old 10-07-2013, 04:44 AM
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 31 Post(s)
Liked: 68
Quote:
Originally Posted by mphfrom77 View Post

I'll check out the pc beta soon, but I might be done for the 360 beta, as it was not a pleasant experience. Mainly I am tired of learning new buttons as I had a difficult time trying to figure out how to set everything up like I had it for BF3.

I'm actually surprised how frustrating that is, as I kind of thought it wouldn't be a big deal. I was a level 100 at bf3, and felt I could hold my own in anything except a Jet, and even though I am not that good in a Scout heli, if I concentrate I can usually do fine in it. But for the beta, it's like I am a complete noob.

I understand it is a unique issue for me, but a few weeks ago I went from only having played bf3 on the 360 to trying to learn how to play it on a pc with a mouse and keyboard. That was pretty frustrating trying to set up all the keybindings how I wanted them, and just trying to play the game in general. Then I went back to the 360 and had a little trouble readjusting back to that. So the 360 beta asking me to change my sticks and button configurations around away from how I have it in bf3 again is a little ridiculous.

Moving the spot button alone was a major issue I found. Vehicle play for me was terrible, and so was infantry gunplay. Since I am going to try and get a PS4, I really see no reason to keep playing the bf4 beta on 360, even though I will be happy to keep playing bf3 on 360 if people are still on.

If next gen consoles won't allow players to set their own thumbstick and button configurations, then that will be the dumbest thing ever. No matter what layout they have offered me so far with bf3 or bf4 beta, it just is not perfect, and frankly is pretty frustrating at times, especially with the beta.

I think a lot of us agree with and understand your frustrations, MPH. Not sure if you'd been following the discussions in all the BF threads but it seems the main reason for the new configurations is because next-gen consoles don't have a "Back" (Xbox) and/or "Select" (PS3) button so obviously they needed to change things a bit in order to still have the ability to "spot".

I'm just wondering why they decided to implement the next-gen controls on the current gen beta. Perhaps they figured it be a perfect time to introduce the new control schemes so those who are making the jump to next-gen can start getting used to the new layout? Are the current gen consoles keeping the classic BF3 controls since there's still a back/select button? I think we all can agree that there is absolutely no need or use for the "Battlelog" screen while in-game, at least on current gen.

In regards to custom controller configurations, i completely agree. We now have the ability to change/customize our loadouts on our mobile devices through the battlelog app and have it update to our consoles but we still cannot customize our button and stick layouts in-game? Next-gen consoles should have the ability to allow that.

In the end, we will all eventually adjust to the new controls but having the ability to customize would sure be nice.

PSN:Lodolfan16
XBL: Lodolfan16
post #820 of 1774 Old 10-07-2013, 06:11 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 5 Post(s)
Liked: 249
Quote:
Originally Posted by lodolfan View Post

I think a lot of us agree with and understand your frustrations, MPH. Not sure if you'd been following the discussions in all the BF threads but it seems the main reason for the new configurations is because next-gen consoles don't have a "Back" (Xbox) and/or "Select" (PS3) button so obviously they needed to change things a bit in order to still have the ability to "spot".

I'm just wondering why they decided to implement the next-gen controls on the current gen beta. Perhaps they figured it be a perfect time to introduce the new control schemes so those who are making the jump to next-gen can start getting used to the new layout? Are the current gen consoles keeping the classic BF3 controls since there's still a back/select button? I think we all can agree that there is absolutely no need or use for the "Battlelog" screen while in-game, at least on current gen.

In regards to custom controller configurations, i completely agree. We now have the ability to change/customize our loadouts on our mobile devices through the battlelog app and have it update to our consoles but we still cannot customize our button and stick layouts in-game? Next-gen consoles should have the ability to allow that.

In the end, we will all eventually adjust to the new controls but having the ability to customize would sure be nice.

To me, spotting would be the perfect thing to use a voice command for. I always hated trying to spot with the back button, but I don't think it warrants taking a button or trigger away from more useful functionality. I guess the only problem would be that you would hear people calling them out. Although, to me that might just make it more immersive to have you're teamates actually callling out a spot.

Xbox Gamertag/PSN ID: RemoWilliams84

"I started out with nothing, and I still got most of it." -Seasick Steve

post #821 of 1774 Old 10-07-2013, 06:22 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked: 20
I'm really struggling with the spot button being RB now, especially when driving a vehicle. It makes it near impossible to accelerate and spot at the same time.

Xbox Live: oktober rust | Mii: 5207 2388 9861 4135 | Steam ID: detroit820 | Origin ID: oktoberrust11

post #822 of 1774 Old 10-07-2013, 06:27 AM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 15 Post(s)
Liked: 38
Quote:
Originally Posted by mphfrom77 View Post

I wouldn't hold my breath. I have never seen a console game where you could completely tailor the control scheme to your liking. Games often offer multiple options (Halo comes to mind), but I've never seen a console game with a completely customizable control scheme (not saying it doesn't exist, but I haven't played it). Oh how I wish it did.
Quote:

Keep the control scheme the same and add spotting to down (or up) on the D-pad, problem solved. Or, just make spotting automatic and take away the points you receive for doing it. Tons of randoms never spotted anyway so they'll never noticed that they aren't getting any additional points.

Xbox Live Gamertag: JShmoopy
PSN ID: JShmoopy
post #823 of 1774 Old 10-07-2013, 06:58 AM
AVS Special Member

I like the spot button where it is what I hate is the counter measures for the vehicles. It couldnt be dpad up, it had to be down the farthest one? Thats my complaint for the day.

benjamin-benjami - http://www.avsforum.com/t/1476721/battlefield-4/7200_100#post_24609271
post #824 of 1774 Old 10-07-2013, 07:47 AM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Quoted: 57 Post(s)
Liked: 649
Quote:
Originally Posted by RemoWilliams84 View Post

To me, spotting would be the perfect thing to use a voice command for. I always hated trying to spot with the back button, but I don't think it warrants taking a button or trigger away from more useful functionality. I guess the only problem would be that you would hear people calling them out. Although, to me that might just make it more immersive to have you're teamates actually callling out a spot.

considering how much i spam the select button, this would not be good for me!
post #825 of 1774 Old 10-07-2013, 08:08 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by benjamin-benjami View Post

considering how much i spam the select button, this would not be good for me!

Me too. If they offered service stars for spotting, I'd have over one thousand stars easily. I seriously bet that at least 5% of my total points have come from spotting...which is ALOT considering that it's only worth 10 points currently. Hell, I've spent entire matches doing nothing but flying a MAV and spotting for daywalkers. I can't even imagine screaming "XBOX SPOT!" at a Kinect every 2-3 seconds and how absolutely annoying that would be to my team! eek.gif
post #826 of 1774 Old 10-07-2013, 08:32 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by spyder696969 View Post

Me too. If they offered service stars for spotting, I'd have over one thousand stars easily. I seriously bet that at least 5% of my total points have come from spotting...which is ALOT considering that it's only worth 10 points currently. Hell, I've spent entire matches doing nothing but flying a MAV and spotting for daywalkers. I can't even imagine screaming "XBOX SPOT!" at a Kinect every 2-3 seconds and how absolutely annoying that would be to my team! eek.gif

I dont think thats possible. wink.gif

post #827 of 1774 Old 10-07-2013, 08:48 AM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 140
Quote:

This would take far too much time away from your other general griping...

tongue.gif
bucwylde23 likes this.

XBOX Live: Ell Dudereno
post #828 of 1774 Old 10-07-2013, 08:57 AM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 96
Quote:

I think this has more to with differentiating the controls scheme from other FPS games to keep people tied to their game's control scheme...at least that is what makes sense to me. I agree that they should be letting us map our own buttons anyway we want, but I just don;t see that happening.
post #829 of 1774 Old 10-07-2013, 10:02 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by coyote_5 View Post

This would take far too much time away from your other general griping...

tongue.gif

My reputation preceeds me. Some of these new guys in the group are in for a real treat once we all get together. smile.gifredface.gif
post #830 of 1774 Old 10-07-2013, 10:11 AM
AVS Special Member

Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 87 Post(s)
Liked: 373
Quote:

[quote name="coyote_5" url="/t/1465359/battlefield-4/810#post_23810746"]This would take far too much time away from your other general griping...:p[/quote]My reputation preceeds me. Some of these new guys in the group are in for a real treat once we all get together. :) :o

Wait until there are 32 of us all $%&*-ing and whining at the same time biggrin.gif
post #831 of 1774 Old 10-07-2013, 10:38 AM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 140
Quote:

My reputation preceeds me. Some of these new guys in the group are in for a real treat once we all get together. smile.gifredface.gif

Quote:
Originally Posted by lordxar5 View Post

Wait until there are 32 of us all $%&*-ing and whining at the same time biggrin.gif

biggrin.gifbiggrin.gif
bucwylde23 likes this.

XBOX Live: Ell Dudereno
post #832 of 1774 Old 10-07-2013, 12:17 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by lordxar5 View Post

At least there won't 32 people on comms at the same time...that would make for a real clusterf*%&.
post #833 of 1774 Old 10-07-2013, 12:23 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smigro View Post

[quote name="lordxar5" url="/t/1465359/battlefield-4/810#post_23811028"]Wait until there are 32 of us all $%&*-ing and whining at the same time :D[/quote]At least there won't 32 people on comms at the same time...that would make for a real clusterf*%&.

If whole team VOIP is still available on a 64 player game you better believe were going for it! biggrin.gif
post #834 of 1774 Old 10-07-2013, 12:55 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 19 Post(s)
Liked: 60
post #835 of 1774 Old 10-07-2013, 01:23 PM
AVS Special Member

^^^
Love that one Zath...I ROFL every time I watch it.
post #836 of 1774 Old 10-07-2013, 01:45 PM
hsv
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 7 Post(s)
Liked: 44
Why is custom remapping of controller buttons on console not available? Do devs figure its not worth the time due to the extra cost it would be to put it in games?

XBL: TRAIL MIX A L0T
PSN: Trail-Mix-A-Lot
post #837 of 1774 Old 10-07-2013, 01:48 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by hsv View Post

Why is custom remapping of controller buttons on console not available? Do devs figure its not worth the time due to the extra cost it would be to put it in games?

That is a dam good question. Cost shouldn't be an issue, they already allow PC to remap everything for crying out loud. You'd think it would be a simple matter to code up a dozen buttons as mappable vs an entire keyboard but that is probably over simplistic logic.
post #838 of 1774 Old 10-07-2013, 02:44 PM
AVS Special Member

Well, technically we can't remap everything. Although I've never had a problem with it, my friend, and many others, have a habit of hitting the tilde key instead of the 1 key to switch to the primary weapon. The tilde key brings up the console, so usually if you make that mistake during a fight you're gonna die, and since you can't remap that key, it's incredibly frustrating for those people. If you google it, you'll see that the solution for a lot of people is just to physically remove the key from the keyboard. lol
post #839 of 1774 Old 10-07-2013, 03:20 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 19 Post(s)
Liked: 60
Do they also remove the Q key? :-P
post #840 of 1774 Old 10-07-2013, 04:08 PM
AVS Special Member

LMAO. The epitomizes every noob in the game. Luckily I've yelled at them about spamming Q enough that they do it all the time now. tongue.gif
Reply Xbox Area

Tags
Battlefield 4 , Xbox One Console Day One Edition , Xbox One Console Standard Edition , Xbox One Games

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page