Xbox One version comes out today.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #1082 of 1795 Old 11-19-2013, 09:47 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 11 Post(s)
Liked: 19
Picking up my Xbox One copy today at lunch. I think I'm doing all digital for everything else so I can share the games between mine and my son's sysems, but for the $10 Gamestop upgrade I figure I could always just sell this copy off if it goes up on the Xbox live marketplace.

gamertag: xxx shiv xxx
PSN: xx_shiv_xx
post #1083 of 1795 Old 11-19-2013, 10:09 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 27
Mine should arrive tomorrow.

Here's my observation. What if 64 player CQ works on XBOX day one (as it should) and it's not working on the PS4. That would be an interesting turn of events... Are the problems they are having resolution related?

Here to help and learn. Thanks AVS.
XBL: HoosierInOhio

post #1084 of 1795 Old 11-19-2013, 10:27 AM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Quoted: 83 Post(s)
Liked: 177
Quote:
Originally Posted by dobieck1 View Post

Mine should arrive tomorrow.

Here's my observation. What if 64 player CQ works on XBOX day one (as it should) and it's not working on the PS4. That would be an interesting turn of events... Are the problems they are having resolution related?
I have read reports that the PS4 1.5 update is the reason many games are having problems. If true I would imagine there is a good chance we won't have problems. Microsoft is a software company first!

Xbox Live: TheRealMaxPower --- PSN: TheRealMaxPower

Panasonic TC-P65VT60    Vienna Acoustic Mozart Grands    Onkyo TX-SR805   Sony BDP-S790

Astro Mixamp 2013   Schiit Modi    AKG K702 65th Anniversary   Antlion ModMic    Sennheiser PC360

Theater- Benq W1070    Elite 120" projection...

post #1085 of 1795 Old 11-19-2013, 10:34 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by mbyrnes View Post

I have read reports that the PS4 1.5 update is the reason many games are having problems. If true I would imagine there is a good chance we won't have problems. Microsoft is a software company first!

The interesting thing is I can't really find any videos of 64 CQ on any platform other than PC. Obviously XBONE has no videos yet but they do have that USA vs Europe thing where they streamed two entire matches of 64 player CQ. I just can't find any vids of PS4 64 player working. Even the levelcap vid shows a few frames of it, but its mostly Rush and Obliteration footage.

Maybe I'm not looking in the right places..

post #1086 of 1795 Old 11-19-2013, 12:06 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 17 Post(s)
Liked: 34
Without the console, this is just as useful as a red light in grand theft auto.

XBOX live 66 players
post #1087 of 1795 Old 11-19-2013, 12:07 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hksvr4 View Post

Without the console, this is just as useful as a red light in grand theft auto.

XBOX live 66 players

64 + 2 commanders.

The big questions will be if it works day 1.

post #1088 of 1795 Old 11-19-2013, 04:00 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 47 Post(s)
Liked: 74
post #1089 of 1795 Old 11-19-2013, 04:51 PM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 127
Metro re-envisioned in BF4 looks AMAZING. Cannot wait to play this new version on Friday:

XBOX Live ID: HONDEboyMAN
PSN ID: ahartig
post #1090 of 1795 Old 11-19-2013, 05:16 PM

Liked: 42
Wow. Metro does look good!
post #1091 of 1795 Old 11-19-2013, 06:16 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 27 Post(s)
Liked: 62
Wow... finally unlocked all of the weapons from the single campaign. I had originally gotten the M249 from the final "Suez" mission by picking Irish to deliver the bomb. That was on hard mode. Today I ran Suez twice on Easy and picked Hanna for the P90 win, and then didn't pick either for the QBZ-95.

Still waiting on the Veteran Battle Pack as a BF3 owner.

XBL GT: xX ShadowAxx Xx 

PSN ID: Bytehoven

Battle Log: Bytehoven  

post #1092 of 1795 Old 11-19-2013, 09:06 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 93 Post(s)
Liked: 575
a copy of the Battlefield 4 manual is online now! It's cached (maybe it wasn't supposed to be released yet and someone grabbed it before it went down). Here are the Kinect-specific blurbs:

http://webcache.googleusercontent.com/search?q=cache:BJfeA55c9XEJ:battlelog-cdn.battlefield.com/cdnprefix/f40086f0e99b9bec0/public/base/bf4/manuals/en/b4-xbone-en.pdf+&cd=1&hl=en&ct=clnk&gl=us

KINECT

Single Player

You can use the Voice Command “Engage” to issue the “Engage” order for your squad to focus their fire on a group of enemies.

To turn Voice Commands ON/OFF, toggle the setting under “OPTIONS > KINECT > VOICE COMMANDS”. Supported languages are English, French, Spanish, German, and Italian. Select your preferred dialect by toggling the setting under “OPTIONS > KINECT > DIALECT”.

Multiplayer

You can use Voice Commands to issue orders, send messages to your squad, and much more. To turn Voice Commands ON/OFF, toggle the setting under “OPTIONS > KINECT > VOICE COMMANDS”.

Supported languages are English, French, Spanish, German, and Italian. Select your preferred dialect by toggling the setting under “OPTIONS > KINECT > DIALECT”.

You can view all available commands under “OPTIONS > KINECT > RECOGNIZED COMMANDS”.

Anything you can see on the CommoRose is also something you can say. Immediately when the command is triggered you will see the CommoRose flash to highlight the spoken command. Your squad mates will also see the command in the squad chat, and even hear your soldier saying it if they are standing close enough to you.

WHAT CAN I SAY

Let your squad know what you need by saying “Need Healing” or “Need Ammunition” loudly and clearly, or simply give a “Thank You”. Do you “Need a Ride” or will you offer a squad mate a ride by saying “Get In”? Warn your passenger to get out from a vehicle in a tricky situation by saying “Bail Out”, or request repairs by saying “Need Repairs”.

Ask your Squad Leader for orders by saying “Request Order”. Let your Squad Leader know you have accepted his order by saying “Affirmative”, or that you are unable to by saying “Negative”. As a Squad Leader you can ask your squad to attack an objective by saying “Attack objective” or defend an objective by saying “Defend objective”.

WHAT CAN I SAY

If you are a Squad Leader, and there is a Commander, you can also say “Request Order” when your squad is ready for duty. Let your Commander know what you need by saying “Request Scan”, “Request Vehicle”, or “Request Supply”.

When you are in the Deploy screen you can deploy by saying “Spawn”. During gameplay you can plan what class you should deploy as, next time you deploy, by saying “Next time spawn as Medic” or whatever class you choose.

The next time you deploy you will be deployed according to your wishes. The full list of Voice Commands can be found under “OPTIONS > KINECT”.

LEANING

Using the Kinect, you can lean to look out from behind cover. Use this as a tactic to keep yourself partially behind cover while at the same time being able to shoot at an enemy. You can lean while standing or crouching.

To turn Leaning ON/OFF, toggle the setting under “OPTIONS > KINECT > LEANING ENABLED”.

HEAD TRACKING

The Kinect can track your head. When in a vehicle, you can turn your head to look around. This will allow you to keep driving in one direction but still get a good look at your surroundings.

To turn Head Tracking ON/OFF, toggle the setting under “OPTIONS > KINECT > HEADTRACKING ENABLED”.
post #1093 of 1795 Old 11-19-2013, 09:22 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by onlysublime View Post

a copy of the Battlefield 4 manual is online now! It's cached (maybe it wasn't supposed to be released yet and someone grabbed it before it went down). Here are the Kinect-specific blurbs:

http://webcache.googleusercontent.com/search?q=cache:BJfeA55c9XEJ:battlelog-cdn.battlefield.com/cdnprefix/f40086f0e99b9bec0/public/base/bf4/manuals/en/b4-xbone-en.pdf+&cd=1&hl=en&ct=clnk&gl=us

KINECT

Single Player

You can use the Voice Command “Engage” to issue the “Engage” order for your squad to focus their fire on a group of enemies.

To turn Voice Commands ON/OFF, toggle the setting under “OPTIONS > KINECT > VOICE COMMANDS”. Supported languages are English, French, Spanish, German, and Italian. Select your preferred dialect by toggling the setting under “OPTIONS > KINECT > DIALECT”.

Multiplayer

You can use Voice Commands to issue orders, send messages to your squad, and much more. To turn Voice Commands ON/OFF, toggle the setting under “OPTIONS > KINECT > VOICE COMMANDS”.

Supported languages are English, French, Spanish, German, and Italian. Select your preferred dialect by toggling the setting under “OPTIONS > KINECT > DIALECT”.

You can view all available commands under “OPTIONS > KINECT > RECOGNIZED COMMANDS”.

Anything you can see on the CommoRose is also something you can say. Immediately when the command is triggered you will see the CommoRose flash to highlight the spoken command. Your squad mates will also see the command in the squad chat, and even hear your soldier saying it if they are standing close enough to you.

WHAT CAN I SAY

Let your squad know what you need by saying “Need Healing” or “Need Ammunition” loudly and clearly, or simply give a “Thank You”. Do you “Need a Ride” or will you offer a squad mate a ride by saying “Get In”? Warn your passenger to get out from a vehicle in a tricky situation by saying “Bail Out”, or request repairs by saying “Need Repairs”.

Ask your Squad Leader for orders by saying “Request Order”. Let your Squad Leader know you have accepted his order by saying “Affirmative”, or that you are unable to by saying “Negative”. As a Squad Leader you can ask your squad to attack an objective by saying “Attack objective” or defend an objective by saying “Defend objective”.

WHAT CAN I SAY

If you are a Squad Leader, and there is a Commander, you can also say “Request Order” when your squad is ready for duty. Let your Commander know what you need by saying “Request Scan”, “Request Vehicle”, or “Request Supply”.

When you are in the Deploy screen you can deploy by saying “Spawn”. During gameplay you can plan what class you should deploy as, next time you deploy, by saying “Next time spawn as Medic” or whatever class you choose.

The next time you deploy you will be deployed according to your wishes. The full list of Voice Commands can be found under “OPTIONS > KINECT”.

LEANING

Using the Kinect, you can lean to look out from behind cover. Use this as a tactic to keep yourself partially behind cover while at the same time being able to shoot at an enemy. You can lean while standing or crouching.

To turn Leaning ON/OFF, toggle the setting under “OPTIONS > KINECT > LEANING ENABLED”.

HEAD TRACKING

The Kinect can track your head. When in a vehicle, you can turn your head to look around. This will allow you to keep driving in one direction but still get a good look at your surroundings.

To turn Head Tracking ON/OFF, toggle the setting under “OPTIONS > KINECT > HEADTRACKING ENABLED”.

Hopefully the rest of your team can hear you not just your squad. Usually my squad knows cause we are in a party or squad chat. Its the other squads or blue guys that need to hear me

post #1094 of 1795 Old 11-20-2013, 09:18 AM
Advanced Member

Liked: 13

XBL: DallasAch
post #1095 of 1795 Old 11-20-2013, 09:39 AM
AVS Special Member

does the xbox 360 version not have all these levelusions?
post #1096 of 1795 Old 11-20-2013, 11:59 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hksvr4 View Post

does the xbox 360 version not have all these levelusions?

It has them all too.

post #1097 of 1795 Old 11-20-2013, 06:23 PM
AVS Special Member

Man I get my butt kicked on battlefield 3. Hoping I do better with this game come Friday. Figured I would wait for XO to get it. I really want to like this game so I am going to stick it out for a while regardless.

Panasonic TC-P65VT60    Vienna Acoustic Mozart Grands    Onkyo TX-SR805   Sony BDP-S790

Astro Mixamp 2013   Schiit Modi    AKG K702 65th Anniversary   Antlion ModMic    Sennheiser PC360

post #1098 of 1795 Old 11-20-2013, 07:58 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by mbyrnes View Post

Man I get my butt kicked on battlefield 3. Hoping I do better with this game come Friday. Figured I would wait for XO to get it. I really want to like this game so I am going to stick it out for a while regardless.

Well look at it this way, at least you played some BF3 so you learned most of the mechanics, now it will just be learning the maps and a few minor control changes. I like BF4 way more than 3, I think its improved in almost every way (aside from the minor crashing which hopefully gets fixed soon).

post #1099 of 1795 Old 11-20-2013, 08:23 PM
AVS Special Member

Good to hear. 60fps will make a huge difference I think. Probably run through the single player first to acclimate to the controls.

post #1100 of 1795 Old 11-20-2013, 08:35 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 10 Post(s)
Liked: 26
Going to joining you guys again! Not sure if you remember, but I played with a few back in the Bad Compnay days: Benjami, HKSVR, Zath, Duke and a few others. Hope there's still space!
post #1101 of 1795 Old 11-20-2013, 09:09 PM
AVS Special Member

Some went to ps4 so there should be space on x1.
post #1102 of 1795 Old 11-21-2013, 06:38 AM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 47 Post(s)
Liked: 74
Quote:
Originally Posted by RobertR1 View Post

Going to joining you guys again! Not sure if you remember, but I played with a few back in the Bad Compnay days: Benjami, HKSVR, Zath, Duke and a few others. Hope there's still space!

I don't remember you at all :-P

At some point we'll all get back together again...
post #1103 of 1795 Old 11-21-2013, 08:29 AM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 116
Quote:
Originally Posted by ahartig View Post

This is the latest and greatest list I saw:

HoosierInOhio - PST - 360/XBONE
oktober rust - EST - 360/XBONE
Remowilliams84 -cst- 360/one
General PATT0N
xxx shiv xxx - EST - 360/XBONE
Hondeboyman - PST - XBONE
Quicksilver1663 - EST
Rotoman - CST - XBONE
TheRealMaxPower - EST - XBONE
RandomNinjaAtk - EST - XBONE
Robbo67 - EST 360/XBONE
xX ShadowAxx Xx
Pegdragger1 - EST - XBONE
Budracin88 - EST - 360/XBONE
TheLizardKingII - EST - 360/XB1
Hksvr4

Sent friends requests to those that listed their timezone as EST! See you all on the battlefield tonight, tomorrow and etc. Hopefully there won't be server issues...

"Live to Win!"
XBL: RandomNinjaAtk
www.stevenohare.com - Personal Blog
www.oharesites.com - Domain Names, Web Hosting, Email Hosting and more
post #1104 of 1795 Old 11-21-2013, 09:21 AM
Advanced Member

Liked: 13

XBL: DallasAch
post #1105 of 1795 Old 11-21-2013, 10:26 AM
AVS Special Member

Shadow, Revel, and I had an epic 55 minute Obliteration game on Zavod last night. That map is perfect for that mode. Not too big but not too small. We ended up winning 3-1 but it was just a blast. When that game mode works, it may be the funnest of all.

post #1106 of 1795 Old 11-21-2013, 10:52 AM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 11
General PATT0N
Quicksilver1663 - EST
Rotoman - CST - XBONE
Robbo67 - EST 360/XBONE
xX ShadowAxx Xx
brnd1n1 - EST - 360

added myself

XBLGT: brandiniman
post #1107 of 1795 Old 11-21-2013, 12:34 PM
AVS Special Member

General PATT0N
Quicksilver1663 - EST
Rotoman - CST - XBONE
Robbo67 - EST 360/XBONE
xX ShadowAxx Xx
brnd1n1 - EST - 360
Hksvr4 - EST Xbone only
post #1108 of 1795 Old 11-21-2013, 01:05 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 31 Post(s)
Liked: 270
Quote:
Originally Posted by RandomNinjaAtk View Post

Sent friends requests to those that listed their timezone as EST! See you all on the battlefield tonight, tomorrow and etc. Hopefully there won't be server issues...

Timezone snob... smile.gif

I'll probably go through and add all of you easterners that I don't have when I get a chance. Looks like I won't be getting my copy until next week though. I sent hte 360 version back to amazon last week and it is still pending status. Once the trade in goes through I'll get my credit for the $10 upgrade. Beginning to wish I would have went digital like I did with Ghosts. Much less hassle.

Xbox Gamertag/PSN ID: RemoWilliams84

"I started out with nothing, and I still got most of it." -Seasick Steve

post #1109 of 1795 Old 11-21-2013, 03:04 PM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 127
Are most of you going Premium right off the bat to play the new second assault DLC maps? I sure am.

XBOX Live ID: HONDEboyMAN
PSN ID: ahartig
post #1110 of 1795 Old 11-21-2013, 03:08 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 31 Post(s)
Liked: 270
Already bought it.
ahartig likes this.

Xbox Gamertag/PSN ID: RemoWilliams84

"I started out with nothing, and I still got most of it." -Seasick Steve

Reply Xbox Area

Tags
Battlefield 4 , Xbox One Console Day One Edition , Xbox One Console Standard Edition , Xbox One Games

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page