Battlefield 4 - Page 40 - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1171 of 1764 Old 11-25-2013, 07:43 AM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 33
I was on last night and Honde joined my game. I couldn't join any other games or chats bc I didnt know how. I'll be on tonight though. I was snapping back and forth from Bronco's game. Is there a way to make the "snapped screen" bigger on the right?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #1172 of 1764 Old 11-25-2013, 08:53 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 28 Post(s)
Liked: 144
Has anybody here played both the PS4 version of BF4 as well as the XB1 version of BF4 ? I have both consoles, and my kids are interested in BS4 (for the online MP, not the single player game), but not sure which system to buy it on. I think if memory serves me that the PS4 version might be running at a higher resolution, but online play on PS4 seems to be screwed up right now ? (at least that was the last that I heard about it).

I haven't really heard anything about how the XB1 version is doing, now that it's been released in the wild.

I know that there have been reviews of both versions for awhile now, but it seems like those reviews are two weeks old, and aren't taking into consideration various network problems. Also, it seems that once something is actually out in the wild you get a much better impression of what the real deal is. The XB1 version of BF4 has only been available for a few days to the masses.
post #1173 of 1764 Old 11-25-2013, 09:31 AM

Liked: 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by Anthony1 View Post

Has anybody here played both the PS4 version of BF4 as well as the XB1 version of BF4 ? I have both consoles, and my kids are interested in BS4 (for the online MP, not the single player game), but not sure which system to buy it on. I think if memory serves me that the PS4 version might be running at a higher resolution, but online play on PS4 seems to be screwed up right now ? (at least that was the last that I heard about it).

I haven't really heard anything about how the XB1 version is doing, now that it's been released in the wild.

I know that there have been reviews of both versions for awhile now, but it seems like those reviews are two weeks old, and aren't taking into consideration various network problems. Also, it seems that once something is actually out in the wild you get a much better impression of what the real deal is. The XB1 version of BF4 has only been available for a few days to the masses.

I got Battlefield 4 on the PS4 at launch (free game in the buy 2 get 1 deal), and also got Battlefield 4 on the Xbox One at launch.

I have both systems, and decided after playing with the PS4 for a few days that my primary console for multiplatform games (in most cases) and multiplayer games is going to be the Xbox One. So, I traded the PS4 version back in to Amazon and got the Xbox One version.

There is no major difference in gameplay and graphics as far as I can tell, which I'm guessing will be the case in most multiplatform games. I game on a 50" 1080P plasma from about 6' away. I read reviews and comparisons that show that the graphics may be slightly better on the PS4 when analyzing and comparing a bunch of stills, but not enough to sway me either way.

PS4 had a lot of server issues the whole first week (EA/Dice fault from what I understand).

Xbox One has been flawless for me since day 1.

xbox: McFly1955
post #1174 of 1764 Old 11-25-2013, 09:36 AM

McFly1955 on Xbox One if anybody ever wants to play.

I'm usually on some nights after 10pm EST or so...

post #1175 of 1764 Old 11-25-2013, 11:17 AM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 127
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hksvr4 View Post

I was on last night and Honde joined my game. I couldn't join any other games or chats bc I didnt know how. I'll be on tonight though. I was snapping back and forth from Bronco's game. Is there a way to make the "snapped screen" bigger on the right?

I wish, but I think the snap window is fixed. They need to implement a straight 50 / 50 split option

XBOX Live ID: HONDEboyMAN
PSN ID: ahartig
post #1176 of 1764 Old 11-25-2013, 11:22 AM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 127
Quote:
Originally Posted by Anthony1 View Post

I played BF4 on the PS4 for a few days then sold the PS4, I now have BF4 on the XB1.

I feel like I could tell a difference with the aliasing, the anti-aliaing being better on the PS4 (due to 900p on PS4 and 720p on XB1)

Certain thin objects on the XB1 like poles and power lines are jagged when far away and some things even flicker when panning around the screen. Of course, you only really notice if you are looking for it..... when in the heat of the battle it is really a non-factor. As many other gaming sites have stated, don't make you decision over better visuals, make your decision on what controller you like better, where your friends are playing, and what OS you like more.

For me it was easy, the controller and overall OS experience for me on the XB1 is better than PS4.
Anthony Cler likes this.

XBOX Live ID: HONDEboyMAN
PSN ID: ahartig
post #1177 of 1764 Old 11-25-2013, 12:09 PM
AVS Special Member

I cant wait to unlock all the guns. Looking ot purchase premium someday too.
post #1178 of 1764 Old 11-25-2013, 01:19 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 10 Post(s)
Liked: 30
I gave the SmartGlass second screen a shot last night on my Nexus 7 - it was pretty cool to see the minimap running live while in game. Is anyone else using this?

-JR
post #1179 of 1764 Old 11-25-2013, 01:34 PM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 49
Another question... how do we get the BattleLog website to update our stats? I recall you could force an update in the old BC2 stats website but I don't see the same for BF4. My in game BattleLog is accurate.

Also... if you were to play BF4 on both XOne and 360, would your global game stats be affected by play on both consoles? I assume no but wondered.

XBL GT: xX ShadowAxx Xx 

PSN ID: Bytehoven

Battle Log: Bytehoven  

post #1180 of 1764 Old 11-25-2013, 02:43 PM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 18
In battlelog, I had to switch to the Xbox One version and then it showed most recent stats.
post #1181 of 1764 Old 11-25-2013, 02:54 PM
AVS Special Member

I'm going to try the smart glass mnini map on my nexus 7
post #1182 of 1764 Old 11-25-2013, 03:14 PM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 27
Quote:
Originally Posted by ctiq21 View Post

In battlelog, I had to switch to the Xbox One version and then it showed most recent stats.

This ^^, couldn't tell you exactly how I did it but you have to go in and select it.

Here to help and learn. Thanks AVS.
XBL: HoosierInOhio

post #1183 of 1764 Old 11-25-2013, 04:16 PM

Liked: 10
Quote:

I'm not seeing that option. Any help? I just traded in PS4 version for Xbox One version.
Thanks.

XBL:  B Klip

PSN:  Chodite

post #1184 of 1764 Old 11-25-2013, 05:07 PM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 27
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chodite View Post

I'm not seeing that option. Any help? I just traded in PS4 version for Xbox One version.
Thanks.
Click the soldier button then to the right, below, click on your profile name, it should have the different option. Mine shows xb360 and xbone. Click the name you want to see and it changes it.

Here to help and learn. Thanks AVS.
XBL: HoosierInOhio

post #1185 of 1764 Old 11-25-2013, 05:21 PM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 49
Quote:

Thanks

OK... from the battlelog screen http://battlelog.battlefield.com/bf4/ , click on your soldier icon in the upper right corner next to your screen name. Then on that next window you will see your XBL GT for 360 and for xbox one. Click on the XBL GT name to the right of XBOX ONE. That did it for me.

Then on the right click on SET AS ACTIVE to make that your new battlelog destination.

XBL GT: xX ShadowAxx Xx 

PSN ID: Bytehoven

Battle Log: Bytehoven  

post #1186 of 1764 Old 11-25-2013, 06:03 PM

Liked: 16
While playing BF4 on One, its just sent me to the dash a couple times.
My question is.
Those that have finished the game. Was the ending just an ending or did my One just go back to the dash at that exact time?
Without ruining it, it was just boom, explosion, done!? No explanation of anything, just a boom, then dashboard. Still gave me end of level achievement. But I was expecting more from the ending.
post #1187 of 1764 Old 11-25-2013, 06:18 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 20
Been trying for 15 minutes to finally try BF4 on XB1..haven't been able to get past the map splash screen yet..

Xbox Live: oktober rust | Mii: 5207 2388 9861 4135 | Steam ID: detroit820 | Origin ID: oktoberrust11

post #1188 of 1764 Old 11-25-2013, 06:38 PM
Advanced Member

Liked: 67
Quote:
Originally Posted by oktoberrust11 View Post

Been trying for 15 minutes to finally try BF4 on XB1..haven't been able to get past the map splash screen yet..

Try to power off your xbox completely and retry. I think I tried to fire up BF4 like 25 times the other day and it kept taking be back to the home screen until I did a reboot.
oktoberrust11 likes this.

Xbox Live/PSN: bucwylde23

Daekwan: What makes a grown man want to be a troll like this?

coyote_5: You know who's cool and doesn't know it? Bucwylde. Jus' sayin.

post #1189 of 1764 Old 11-25-2013, 10:45 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Liked: 34
Quote:
Originally Posted by bucwylde23 View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by oktoberrust11 View Post

Try to power off your xbox completely and retry. I think I tried to fire up BF4 like 25 times the other day and it kept taking be back to the home screen until I did a reboot.

Same deal here. Having said that-WOW, what a difference from the 360. Major visual improvement, while COD was only a slight difference.

Xbox Live: General PATT0N
post #1190 of 1764 Old 11-26-2013, 05:51 AM
AVS Special Member

Played a few games last night and it was quite fun. Started with Honde then Rotoman joined. The chat thing is super annoying. Not only party chat wasnt working, the voice kept on breaking up in team chat. The more I play this game the more I like it. I did noticed that I fine myself running alone most of the time and not sticking to my squad. We stayed in the same Rush room for like 2hrs.

The “Locker” map was intense. The first 2 crates reminded me of the first 2 crates in Grand Barzzar.
The Sinking battleship map sucked. Rotoman said “this map sucks for Rush” and it does. Water looks amazing though.
Never liked Seigh of Shanghai. The Dam map is nice. Especially when the dam breaks.

Like I said, the more I play the more I like it. The graphics are awesome. There is destruction and debris is everywhere. Tanks can be so dominating in certain maps.
post #1191 of 1764 Old 11-26-2013, 06:12 AM
AVS Special Member

This is the "Dam" map. Can somone tell me what the top right icons mean? Also whats the deal with the squad perks? These were taken with an iphone4.

post #1192 of 1764 Old 11-26-2013, 07:34 AM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 24
Is battlefield 4 worth getting? I was looking at amazon and the reviews are horrible for it.

Jesus Christ is the Way, The Truth, and The Life, He is the only Way to God!

Yamaha RXV765

Emotiva LPA-1

Ascend Sierra-2s(LCR), RSS300, Polk R15

SVS PB12 plus

Panasonic S65

Sony S5100

PS4, PS3, XBOX 360

post #1193 of 1764 Old 11-26-2013, 07:40 AM
Advanced Member

Liked: 40
Squad perks are part of your loadout. As long as one squad member stays alive they keep building up. They are unique to each member but the aggregate score applies to all. So if I'm a sniper and picked defensive and as a squad we are at level 3 then we'd receive 15% less damage from explosions. If you were a sniper and had offensive picked we'd get 1 more grenade.

Top right HUD has Friends playing, assignments, missions and battlelog.

Oh and party chat works if the party is started with BF4 closed first...then entering the game.

Xbox handle: TheRotoman
post #1194 of 1764 Old 11-26-2013, 07:52 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tdogroeder View Post

Is battlefield 4 worth getting? I was looking at amazon and the reviews are horrible for it.

In my opinion, it is very worth it.

The bad reviews on Amazon are people giving it a 1 star and complaining about the online issues that come along with every battlefield release, or they are complaining about party chat.

I would check out the 4 and 5 star reviews, watch some videos and video reviews and decide if you would like it, but I think it's great.

post #1195 of 1764 Old 11-26-2013, 07:54 AM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Quoted: 29 Post(s)
Liked: 623
Quote:

yes worth getting, but if you aren't in a hurry, you might wait about a month until everything is a little more "stable"
post #1196 of 1764 Old 11-26-2013, 08:00 AM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 24
Quote:
Originally Posted by panthershutch15 View Post

In my opinion, it is very worth it.

The bad reviews on Amazon are people giving it a 1 star and complaining about the online issues that come along with every battlefield release, or they are complaining about party chat.

I would check out the 4 and 5 star reviews, watch some videos and video reviews and decide if you would like it, but I think it's great.

Quote:
Originally Posted by benjamin-benjami View Post

yes worth getting, but if you aren't in a hurry, you might wait about a month until everything is a little more "stable"

Thanks guys, this would be a christmas gift for my son, but I would want to play it also.

Jesus Christ is the Way, The Truth, and The Life, He is the only Way to God!

Yamaha RXV765

Emotiva LPA-1

Ascend Sierra-2s(LCR), RSS300, Polk R15

SVS PB12 plus

Panasonic S65

Sony S5100

PS4, PS3, XBOX 360

post #1197 of 1764 Old 11-26-2013, 08:08 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:

I know for PS4 they are releasing a patch this week or something for miltu-plyer issues. As for xbox one, I haven't had any that would give it a 1 star rating. I lost connection a few times but able to get back on with ease. just keep hitting the "A" button. The game froze on me once since I had it. That's about it. other than that,it's been a good experience. Yes, it's worth it.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rotoman View Post

Squad perks are part of your loadout. As long as one squad member stays alive they keep building up. They are unique to each member but the aggregate score applies to all. So if I'm a sniper and picked defensive and as a squad we are at level 3 then we'd receive 15% less damage from explosions. If you were a sniper and had offensive picked we'd get 1 more grenade.

Top right HUD has Friends playing, assignments, missions and battlelog.

Oh and party chat works if the party is started with BF4 closed first...then entering the game.
Oh, ok. but then we have to be playing at the same time? Can I join your party mid game? Kinda use less if you have to quite the game just to start a party.
post #1198 of 1764 Old 11-26-2013, 08:31 AM
Advanced Member

Liked: 40
From the comments on reddit it sounds like once the party is created and you're in game, people can come and go without issue.

Xbox handle: TheRotoman
post #1199 of 1764 Old 11-26-2013, 08:40 AM
Advanced Member

Liked: 67
Quote:

BF4 is great. I wasn't the biggest fan of BF3 but BF4 @ 60fps on Xbone it looks amazing and plays really well. Enjoying it a lot.

Xbox Live/PSN: bucwylde23

Daekwan: What makes a grown man want to be a troll like this?

coyote_5: You know who's cool and doesn't know it? Bucwylde. Jus' sayin.

post #1200 of 1764 Old 11-26-2013, 08:51 AM
Advanced Member

Liked: 13
May be old news but if you check battlelog in between matches it will tell you what map is coming up next.

I'm having trouble getting my mic to work. I could hear sirjonsnow and Harpua in a match yesterday but they couldn't hear me. Not sure if my actual microphone is broken or what.

Also heard them wondering about the random game clips it saves with the dvr. Pretty sure it makes one every time you get promoted.

XBL: DallasAch
Reply Xbox Area

Tags
Battlefield 4 , Xbox One Console Day One Edition , Xbox One Console Standard Edition , Xbox One Games

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page