Battlefield 4 - Page 43 - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1261 of 1780 Old 11-27-2013, 01:09 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 13 Post(s)
Liked: 34
Rotoman and I were playing the other night and we did in game chat. where everyone else in our squad heard us.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #1262 of 1780 Old 11-27-2013, 11:37 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 49
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hksvr4 View Post

Rotoman and I were playing the other night and we did in game chat. where everyone else in our squad heard us.

Can you tell me about your setup?

- are you running kinetic?
- are you using the stock mic/headset combo or something like the new turtle beach headsets?

I tried again tonight and my stock mic/headset has chat that cuts in and out with heavy distortion. I tried lowering the volume with the +/- buttons and nothing changed. I do not have kinetic hooked up and have wondered if that's causing any problems.

XBL GT:
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

PSN ID: Bytehoven

Battle Log:
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

post #1263 of 1780 Old 11-28-2013, 06:29 AM
Advanced Member

Liked: 15
My mic wasn't working last night either, but I could hear other people talking through the headset. I exited BF and loaded the Skype App which has an option to do an "echo call" to test your microphone. Boteh mic and earpiece worked fine. Back into BF and no mic. I turned off the XOne and then turned it back on, went into BF4 and teh mic started working again, so it must be a software issue--- not sure if it is on Xbox or DICE's side though.

XBL Gamertag:
post #1264 of 1780 Old 11-28-2013, 09:40 AM
AVS Special Member

When I invited someone to my party I couldn't cancel when they didnt join. I had to invite someone else and cancel the party to hear the in game chat. How dumb is that.
post #1265 of 1780 Old 11-28-2013, 12:27 PM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 27
I can't play a whole game without crashing this am.

Here to help and learn. Thanks AVS.
XBL: HoosierInOhio

post #1266 of 1780 Old 11-28-2013, 01:30 PM
AVS Special Member

That was my experience last night. This afternoon has been better. BUT, when I tried to join a conquest map, several times I was put into RUSH or Domination maps instead.

XBL GT:

Battle Log:

post #1267 of 1780 Old 11-28-2013, 07:46 PM

Liked: 13
First time I ever go online with it just now. Played one match. I suck. Normal. Second match crashes to dashboard & my campaign save is gone... WTF???

post #1268 of 1780 Old 11-28-2013, 08:26 PM
AVS Special Member

OK... Tonight I had game chat in my HT sound when I unplugged the stock mic/headset. I could hear chat very clearly so maybe it's the mic/headset that is really bad. Maybe getting a new turtle beach rig for the XOne might be the way to go.

XBL GT:

Battle Log:

post #1269 of 1780 Old 11-28-2013, 08:34 PM

Liked: 12
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bytehoven View Post

OK... Tonight I had game chat in my HT sound when I unplugged the stock mic/headset. I could hear chat very clearly so maybe it's the mic/headset that is really bad. Maybe getting a new turtle beach rig for the XOne might be the way to go.

Check your settings, you want to disable using the kinect microphone for chat. It helps to clear things up a lot.
post #1270 of 1780 Old 11-28-2013, 09:00 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bytehoven View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheYoshi View Post

Check your settings, you want to disable using the kinect microphone for chat. It helps to clear things up a lot.

You guys are saying the exact opposite thing and saying they both work.

Personally, I think the whole thing is a big fkn mess. Between the fact that Kinect chat seems shoddy at best, can't be heard by some, background noise too loud from others, too loud, too soft...

coupled with the fact that anyone with a headphones, and chose not to try and modify it, can't chat...

And party chat is hit or miss it seems, or at least tricky to set up,

Its like the perfect storm for very little chat which is what you really need in this game. I almost miss random chatters because currently I just get nothing.

post #1271 of 1780 Old 11-28-2013, 09:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dobieck1 View Post

Personally, I think the whole thing is a big fkn mess. Between the fact that Kinect chat seems shoddy at best, can't be heard by some, background noise too loud from others, too loud, too soft...

coupled with the fact that anyone with a headphones, and chose not to try and modify it, can't chat...

And party chat is hit or miss it seems, or at least tricky to set up,

Its like the perfect storm for very little chat which is what you really need in this game. I almost miss random chatters because currently I just get nothing.

Here's what I can tell you worked well for me, my opinions here are 100% my own but I will also say that I happen to work for one of the companies who makes one of the products involved here smile.gif
1. On your xb1, go to settings, kinect, and uncheck "use kinect microphone for chat"
2. When you put the included headset on try to adjust it to the best you can so the boom is hitting your face as little as possible
3. Party up and enable chat as you'd expect
4. Play your game
5. Remember there is a ton of new tech at play here, on both the front end and the back end, things are going to improve.

Personally, I've had issues even getting party chat to enable for me on occasion, is it frustrating? yup. do I expect things to improve dramatically over the coming days? yup.

If you ARE going to use the kinect, Make sure you're running the sound check deal once everything is placed in the positions they will live in, and jack up the volume in your room, leave it up while all the calibration tests run. In general my personal opinion is that you'd be better using the headset than the kinect in which case you should disable the kinect mic for chat as I mention above.

Try it, it's a check box in a config, if it doesn't work any better what have you lost? go re-check the box.

Just trying to be helpful here.
agnathra likes this.
post #1272 of 1780 Old 11-29-2013, 02:55 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:

Here's what I can tell you worked well for me, my opinions here are 100% my own but I will also say that I happen to work for one of the companies who makes one of the products involved here smile.gif
1. On your xb1, go to settings, kinect, and uncheck "use kinect microphone for chat"
2. When you put the included headset on try to adjust it to the best you can so the boom is hitting your face as little as possible
4. Play your game
5. Remember there is a ton of new tech at play here, on both the front end and the back end, things are going to improve.

Personally, I've had issues even getting party chat to enable for me on occasion, is it frustrating? yup. do I expect things to improve dramatically over the coming days? yup.

If you ARE going to use the kinect, Make sure you're running the sound check deal once everything is placed in the positions they will live in, and jack up the volume in your room, leave it up while all the calibration tests run. In general my personal opinion is that you'd be better using the headset than the kinect in which case you should disable the kinect mic for chat as I mention above.

Try it, it's a check box in a config, if it doesn't work any better what have you lost? go re-check the box.

Thanks for the advice Yoshi... if I may, what would you advise if I don't even have the kinetic hardware hooked up? I may be changing this soon since I now have HDMI cabling to the front projector screen and can place the XOne there if I can get by with wireless ethernet.

XBL GT:

Battle Log:

post #1273 of 1780 Old 11-29-2013, 07:11 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:

4. Play your game

I already cut the wire on the included headset to mod my Astros smile.gif, I just haven't been able to confirm if it works or not.

post #1274 of 1780 Old 11-29-2013, 07:19 AM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 10
The gameplay is amazing but damn this game is buggy as hell. Between it crashing and being thrown into the wrong game modes it is a bit annoying.

Also can't believe there is no MP lobby and no way to modify your classes unless you are in game.

"220. 221. Whatever it takes."
XBOX360 GamerTag: BoomerBrian

post #1275 of 1780 Old 11-29-2013, 07:35 AM
Advanced Member

Liked: 19
Quote:
Originally Posted by dobieck1 View Post

I don't think so. It sounds like those having voice chat issues (at least some, anyway) are trying to use BOTH the Kinect and the headset simultaneously. Using one or the other will be an improvement, though the headset will probably be the better of the two. I'm pretty sure I know who's using the Kinect mic as a chat mic by the background sound and echo in the room they're sitting in.

-Lee
XBL GT: S4Lee
(Former) MS MVP - Xbox
post #1276 of 1780 Old 11-29-2013, 07:42 AM
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by lmychajluk View Post

I'm pretty sure I know who's using the Kinect mic as a chat mic by the background sound and echo in the room they're sitting in.

Not to mention hearing wives and kids complaining......

XBL Gamertag:
post #1277 of 1780 Old 11-29-2013, 07:45 AM
Advanced Member

And for goodness sake, if you are using the MS headset, press the mute button before giving any commands to the Kinnect. There is nothing more annoying than hearing someone yell " Xbox Snap X" 4 times, since it didn't get it right the first three times.

XBL Gamertag:
post #1278 of 1780 Old 11-29-2013, 07:51 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BoomerBrian View Post

Also can't believe there is no MP lobby and no way to modify your classes unless you are in game.

Sure you can, in fact you can do it through battlelog anytime you want. I actually do most of my loadout changes through the iPad battlelog app even while I'm playing. If you don't have an android or iOS device you can do it from your computer as well.
post #1279 of 1780 Old 11-29-2013, 11:51 AM
AVS Special Member

Well after playing with PegDragger1 today, it seems like my Astro mod didn't work, and they only way for me to chat is through Kinect voice, using my headphones. I guess it sounds echo-y but he could still hear me. My game crashed and I rejoined and then I couldn't hear anyone or wasn't heard it seemed.

post #1280 of 1780 Old 11-29-2013, 04:23 PM
AVS Special Member

The game freezed on me today. How do I get out of the game? The way I did it was ejecting the disc. How would you do it without a disc? This is on xbox 1.
post #1281 of 1780 Old 11-29-2013, 04:29 PM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 21
Go to the home screen using the big X button, highlight bf 3 and push the putt on with the 3 lines on the controller, then press exit (or quit, I forget)
post #1282 of 1780 Old 11-29-2013, 09:05 PM

Liked: 10
Been playing on and off all day today. Servers are still sh*t. Constant lag and dropped games. Audio is basically non-existent unless you're firing your weapon. Now I know what folks meant when they call this game "Betafield". While I'm pretty bored with COD Ghosts already, at least the servers have been rock solid for me. FWIW, audio in MP games seemed to be much more consistent when I was playing on PS4. Could be coincidence though.

XBL:  B Klip

PSN:  Chodite

post #1283 of 1780 Old 11-29-2013, 10:58 PM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 68
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chodite View Post

Been playing on and off all day today. Servers are still sh*t. Constant lag and dropped games. Audio is basically non-existent unless you're firing your weapon. Now I know what folks meant when they call this game "Betafield". While I'm pretty bored with COD Ghosts already, at least the servers have been rock solid for me. FWIW, audio in MP games seemed to be much more consistent when I was playing on PS4. Could be coincidence though.

I've been kicked from matches so many times today hah.

Losing sound is annoying as well but at least I can play. Been having fun using mortars on snipers biggrin.gif

Xbox Live/PSN: bucwylde23

Daekwan: What makes a grown man want to be a troll like this?

coyote_5:

post #1284 of 1780 Old 11-30-2013, 02:16 AM
AVS Special Member

Many kicks tonight as well. I had an epic conquest map going on the DAM and got kicked right at the end. I'd have leveled assault kit 2-3 levels with all the heals and revives. frown.gif A 100% does not make up for that shizam. Got to play a little with the Hoosier tonight smile.gif He would suicide a vehicle I would revive him. I can't wait for this game to mature and we all have our kits completed. It's going to be awesome.

XBL GT:

Battle Log:

post #1285 of 1780 Old 11-30-2013, 02:45 PM
Advanced Member

Liked: 19
Is there a trick to finding a Conquest game? Quickmatch always puts me in TDM, and if I filter the server list by Conquest, I don't have any available in the US.

I do get bounced off a server every now and again, but for the most part, once in, I don't see much lag.

-Lee
XBL GT: S4Lee
(Former) MS MVP - Xbox
post #1286 of 1780 Old 11-30-2013, 03:48 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by lmychajluk View Post

Is there a trick to finding a Conquest game? Quickmatch always puts me in TDM, and if I filter the server list by Conquest, I don't have any available in the US.

I do get bounced off a server every now and again, but for the most part, once in, I don't see much lag.

No good answer but when I use the server browser for CQ, I have to basically refresh every few seconds to find a game. If I see it has spots, click the game and press Y, 9/10 it shows full. Aggrevating. I did quick match this morning and got in to a CQ game, but I was in a hurry. I don't normally use quick match. Sometimes go to your history tab, that may be easier to find a game.

post #1287 of 1780 Old 11-30-2013, 04:05 PM
AVS Special Member

I too have had trouble getting into conquest lately. Maybe they have reduced the number of servers while they are making patch changes. Domination is a real nice alternative and a great way to level quickly.

Tonight I had an awesome conquest match on the DOME/DISH and it crashed just after the game ended and right before I received my rewards. I had to take a rage break for a coupe of hours. frown.gif

Anyone else running the ACE 52 carbine? I pretty much finished up the AK 5C with the options I like and wanted to test drive this higher damage carbine. It's worth the effort once you get used to it's instability.

XBL GT:

Battle Log:

post #1288 of 1780 Old 11-30-2013, 04:06 PM
AVS Special Member

I started to favorite the severs ive been in.
post #1289 of 1780 Old 11-30-2013, 05:09 PM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 37
Quote:
Originally Posted by mbyrnes View Post

I also just ordered the cable to make my own adapter for my Astro Mixamp. Should have it done early this week

Where did you order the cable from?

PSN/XBL scrub175
post #1290 of 1780 Old 11-30-2013, 05:12 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 62 Post(s)
Liked: 161
I ended up going to radioshack and buying a 2.5mm male affair and cut off the headphone piece. Soldered the end on. Very quick and easy. There are plenty of photos and instructions online.
beach scrub likes this.

Xbox Live: TheRealMaxPower --- PSN: TheRealMaxPower

Panasonic TC-P65VT60    Vienna Acoustic Mozart Grands    Onkyo TX-SR805   Sony BDP-S790

Astro Mixamp 2013   Schiit Modi    AKG K702 65th Anniversary   Antlion ModMic    Sennheiser PC360

Theater- Benq W1070    Elite 120" projection...

Reply Xbox Area

Tags
Battlefield 4 , Xbox One Console Day One Edition , Xbox One Console Standard Edition , Xbox One Games

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page