Battlefield 4 - Page 59 - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1741 of 1767 Old 03-25-2014, 07:26 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Liked: 111
I downloaded the Xbox360 Naval Strike earlier today.

Too bad on the other platform delays....
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #1742 of 1767 Old 03-25-2014, 10:09 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 19 Post(s)
Liked: 191
They aren't delayed, just rubber banding the release date.
post #1743 of 1767 Old 03-27-2014, 07:18 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 99
BF4 update tonight. Go into server list, click on new map server and it will prompt to install. Did not see maps in the marketplace.

post #1744 of 1767 Old 03-29-2014, 08:04 AM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 19 Post(s)
Liked: 60
So how's Naval Strike?
post #1745 of 1767 Old 03-31-2014, 12:00 PM

Quoted: 7 Post(s)
Liked: 34
I played Naval Strike last night for a good 4 hours. I loved it. The boats and the rough choppy ocean made game play epic. I did run into some major lag on two servers. It was completely unplayable. I did find a good server to play on that was fluid. On Top Of That I Got Some Major XP points due to the double XP event going on all day. I also got some nice unlocks. Over all, I enjoyed the game.

X-Box Live name: OGgamer1974

If you want to be friends on through xbox network, just send me a request through X-Box Live and mention AVS in the request.

Cheers
post #1746 of 1767 Old 03-31-2014, 12:07 PM

What I wish the game maker would do is add the realism of how a giant carrier would act in stormy weather. What I mean by this is after the carrier opens up for boarding, make the carrier rock forward and side to side like it normally would in real life. Then make it difficult to get to each object by having cargo and things rolling around inside that can actually hurt your health.

If you want to be friends on through xbox network, just send me a request through X-Box Live and mention AVS in the request.

Cheers
post #1747 of 1767 Old 03-31-2014, 12:10 PM

I am talking about carrier assault multiplayer mode BTW.

Cheers
post #1748 of 1767 Old 03-31-2014, 05:09 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoeBlow74 View Post

I played Naval Strike last night for a good 4 hours. I loved it. The boats and the rough choppy ocean made game play epic. I did run into some major lag on two servers. It was completely unplayable. I did find a good server to play on that was fluid. On Top Of That I Got Some Major XP points due to the double XP event going on all day. I also got some nice unlocks. Over all, I enjoyed the game.

Naval Strike is fun, especially Carrier Assault, its a perfect mash-up of Conquest and Rush.
post #1749 of 1767 Old 04-16-2014, 05:55 AM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 33
I forgot how good this game is when everyone is playing together. I played 5 maps straight on RUSH with most of the same players.
post #1750 of 1767 Old 04-16-2014, 04:06 PM

Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Liked: 20
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hksvr4 View Post

I forgot how good this game is when everyone is playing together. I played 5 maps straight on RUSH with most of the same players.

We made the switch from PS4 to Xbox One (mainly for Titanfall and Halo) and haven't looked back. We originally went PS4 (after being a Live member for over 10 years) due to the proclaimed graphical differences in bf4, but I honestly can't tell a difference at all. It's not perfect, but it is a great time. Glad to be back on the Xbox forums, as the Playstation side is full of people mostly complaining.
tampabuc, emartins and highd3f like this.

Headless Petie
post #1751 of 1767 Old 04-16-2014, 06:09 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 54 Post(s)
Liked: 151
Zing
post #1752 of 1767 Old 04-17-2014, 06:03 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbn008 View Post

We made the switch from PS4 to Xbox One (mainly for Titanfall and Halo) and haven't looked back. We originally went PS4 (after being a Live member for over 10 years) due to the proclaimed graphical differences in bf4, but I honestly can't tell a difference at all. It's not perfect, but it is a great time. Glad to be back on the Xbox forums, as the Playstation side is full of people mostly complaining.

About what? The game or system? I had some horriable lag last night but it went away. As much as I like TitanFall, I just need to get away from if for a little while. It's like COD all over again and I'm not too crazy about it.
Quote:
Originally Posted by mphfrom77 View Post

Zing
Hey MPH, I saw your Megalagdon vid on youtube. Now I must get premium! Your still on PC or alittle bit on PS4?
post #1753 of 1767 Old 04-17-2014, 06:16 AM

Quote:

About what? The game or system? I had some horriable lag last night but it went away. As much as I like TitanFall, I just need to get away from if for a little while. It's like COD all over again and I'm not too crazy about it.

I was just referring to the game. I do understand some are having issues, but it's nice to others are enjoying the game as much as I am. Again, it's by no means perfect though.

Headless Petie
post #1754 of 1767 Old 04-17-2014, 06:18 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbn008 View Post

Quote:

I was just referring to the game. I do understand some are having issues, but it's nice to others are enjoying the game as much as I am. Again, it's by no means perfect though.

I was trying to respond to your 1st quote and did it wrong. ha

Headless Petie
post #1755 of 1767 Old 04-18-2014, 04:31 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 15 Post(s)
Liked: 96
post #1756 of 1767 Old 04-30-2014, 12:47 PM

Liked: 15
do you guys know if they fixed the save game issue where people's saved games would not be there? I played through about half the game when it first came out and lost my save on Xbox One. I am now interested in going back to the game and trying to finish it. Just want to make sure I won't lose my save again.
post #1757 of 1767 Old 04-30-2014, 01:23 PM

Liked: 11
I just tried playing the campaign last weekend/early this week. It was working out well enough until I got to the last mission. When I got there, I quit the game and called it a night. The next day I went back to finish my progress was set back a few missions to the prison map. It's infuriating. I was playing through for the weapon unlocks and achievements. Having to pass through these missions again just isn't worth it now. What a waste. I can't believe that this is really a problem with any game, let alone a AAA title. The best bet for this is to do it all missions and challenges in one sitting.
outlanderbz likes this.
post #1758 of 1767 Old 04-30-2014, 01:48 PM

Liked: 15
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mass Distortion View Post

I just tried playing the campaign last weekend/early this week. It was working out well enough until I got to the last mission. When I got there, I quit the game and called it a night. The next day I went back to finish my progress was set back a few missions to the prison map. It's infuriating. I was playing through for the weapon unlocks and achievements. Having to pass through these missions again just isn't worth it now. What a waste. I can't believe that this is really a problem with any game, let alone a AAA title. The best bet for this is to do it all missions and challenges in one sitting.

whoa, this is still a problem some 6 months after launch. unbelievable. thank you for giving me the heads up that this is still an issue. I am a bit bored with the lack of games on xbox one so I figured now would be a good time to play through the SP on this game. I guess not.....
post #1759 of 1767 Old 04-30-2014, 01:53 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 27 Post(s)
Liked: 164
Hey guys let me understand this. Is the gamesaves totally wiping out all progress like you never started the single player or is it an issue where it doesn't save your last progress and reverts back to an older save? Only reason why I ask because has anyone tried like saving after each "checkpoint"? Quitting, then restarting? I ask because at least , it sounds like, you'd be able to start off not so far back if the bug appears instead of starting all over say if you put like 3 hours in without ever pausing and savinig.

AT HAMMOND ROBOTICS WE'RE BRINGING THE FUTURE ... HOME
post #1760 of 1767 Old 04-30-2014, 01:56 PM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 18
I was able to get through it over a few days span, but the one thing i didn't do was play multiplayer in between. Not sure if that is a true workaround or if I just got lucky.
post #1761 of 1767 Old 04-30-2014, 02:14 PM

Liked: 13
I did the same as ctiq21. Play single player only until you are done. I didn't go to any other modes, games, app, etc. Seems quite silly, but I was able to play through the single player over a week.

The game autosaves, you cannot manually save it.

Xbox Live Gamertag: TurdFerguson64
PSN Gamertag: TurdFerguson_64
post #1762 of 1767 Old 04-30-2014, 02:18 PM

Liked: 11
I stayed away from multiplayer and all other games in general while trying to get through campaign. The first hiccup that I had was quitting about 2/3 of the way through the shanghai mission when you're running around in the tanks. I had picked up the tags and weapons up to that point, got to a checkpoint, and quit. When I came back, my tag and weapon progress was back to zero. Annoying but not soul crushing. I really want the QBZ-95-1. Picked it up in a MP match. It's a laser beam and can only be unlocked via campaign...
post #1763 of 1767 Old 04-30-2014, 04:49 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 5 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by totalownership View Post

Hey guys let me understand this. Is the gamesaves totally wiping out all progress like you never started the single player or is it an issue where it doesn't save your last progress and reverts back to an older save? Only reason why I ask because has anyone tried like saving after each "checkpoint"? Quitting, then restarting? I ask because at least , it sounds like, you'd be able to start off not so far back if the bug appears instead of starting all over say if you put like 3 hours in without ever pausing and savinig.

That's what I had to do. Silly, but didn't wanna lose saves. They had problems like this w/ BF3 on 360, 6mo later still not fixed on the One ...

Xbox Live: General PATT0N
post #1764 of 1767 Old 05-01-2014, 07:42 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 27 Post(s)
Liked: 164
Quote:
Originally Posted by rightintel View Post

That's what I had to do. Silly, but didn't wanna lose saves. They had problems like this w/ BF3 on 360, 6mo later still not fixed on the One ...
Yeah unfortunately this isn't something new to the world of video games. Every game where I get a chance to save I try to save two different instances should one go bad. BF4 if I recall has an autosave thing if I remember correctly. I don't remember actually seeing a save file anywhere.

AT HAMMOND ROBOTICS WE'RE BRINGING THE FUTURE ... HOME
post #1765 of 1767 Old 07-16-2014, 06:31 AM
AVS Special Member

The new maps are good- not great.

Really miss the Close Quarters style gameplay.
post #1766 of 1767 Old 07-22-2014, 08:57 AM
AVS Special Member

It happens a lot on MP when you quit in the middle of the game. The gun you used in the last game will not be there as "equipped" you have to re-select the gun as well as attachments, nads, and etc.. Its strange though, bc sometimes when I'm finished with the match and let the next match load and then quit. The next day I would have to re-select my guns again. I'm guessing SP is doing the same.
post #1767 of 1767 Old 07-23-2014, 11:04 AM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 58 Post(s)
Liked: 19
Quote:
Originally Posted by PiratesCove View Post
The new maps are good- not great.

Really miss the Close Quarters style gameplay.
i agree. Good, but far from great

Sony KDL65W850A 65" LED HDTV 
Denon AVR-2113CI
Polk Monitor 65T (Fronts)
Polk Monitor 50's (Rears)
Polk CS2 (Center)
Acoustech PL-200
Reply Xbox Area

Tags
Battlefield 4 , Xbox One Console Day One Edition , Xbox One Console Standard Edition , Xbox One Games

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page