AVS Forum banner
55K views 2K replies 127 participants last post by  bodean 
#1 ·
#1,480 ·
There was some kind of XB1 update when I logged in today but I didn't notice any differences.

I had the chance to report someone on the metro map today for being in the ceiling. Many others in the game said they planned to report him as well. Since he was on the other team I had to wait till the end of the game to pull up his gamer card. I was wondering if there is a way to make the Both Sides team roster stay up without holding the start button?

#1,482 ·
Yes BF4 has it's issues. Hopefully this update that's on it's way soon will take care of SOME of them. Here's the thing when it's working there is no doubt that this an absolutely awesome game. There are a lot of things for DICE to fix. Crashing, glitches, OP guns/gadgets, etc. I just don't understand how they could release a game that had so many issues. In my honest opinion. WAIT!!! It'll be a much better game when more updates are released. it seems the XBONE is the last on the list for these. The PC gets them first than all the other get the fixes. DICE has a control room that lists all the fixes they are looking into, fixing or have fixed. I'd say periodically check it out and get feedback from those who do have it. If you do choose to go ahead and make the purchase just know that this is a great BROKEN game that will be fixed. Just don't know when but it'll be soon. DICE is getting a lot of heat due to the issues with it. Don't buy premium as well. They are delaying the rest of the expansion packs until the game is fixed. Sorry to write so much but I feel it's my duty to share my thoughts and prevent the frustration I've felt playing this game.

#1,483 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cuda1169  /t/1465359/battlefield-4/1470#post_24063963

With all the BF XBone issues is it worth the purchase. Thinking of buying but I'm concerned about all the gaming issues.

If you're a battlefield fan already, I'd say go ahead and get it. It is buggy and crashes often, but it's still the most fun I'm having on either of my next gen consoles.

If you are not sure how you feel about battlefield, wait, because it will probably leave a very poor first impression.

#1,484 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by RemoWilliams84  /t/1465359/battlefield-4/1470#post_24064932

If you're a battlefield fan already, I'd say go ahead and get it. It is buggy and crashes often, but it's still the most fun I'm having on either of my next gen consoles.

If you are not sure how you feel about battlefield, wait, because it will probably leave a very poor first impression.

Thanks for the honest feedback. I was looking at DR3 or battlefield as my next XBone purchases. I'll likely choose DR3 as my next download and wait out battlefield.

#1,485 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cuda1169  /t/1465359/battlefield-4/1470#post_24063963

With all the BF XBone issues is it worth the purchase. Thinking of buying but I'm concerned about all the gaming issues.

Here's my input - in the single player campaign you literally cannot save your game (the functionality exists but doesn't work). So, the only way to play through the campaign is to literally play it in one sitting. This is a known issue and has not yet been fixed. For online, I used to run into a few bugs and glitches but nothing major. Last night I tried playing online again and was only able to get into a game for two minutes before being kicked back to the Xbox Home screen. Except for one instance (during which I played for two minutes) each time after the game was done loading was about to put me on the battlefield I got booted back to the Home screen. Thus, the game is essentially unplayable for me at this time. The trade in value is $40 but I'm hanging on to it because I really liked the multiplayer (FAR more than Ghosts) and I'm hopeful that EA will actually fix this clearly broken game. This game was no where near ready for release and I wish they would have waited.

#1,486 ·
 Delayed Battlefield 4 Xbox One update may arrive 'late this week'
Quote:
The update planned to end crashing and save file loss in the Xbox One iteration of Battlefield 4 continues to be delayed, but developer DICE has revealed a near-term window in which it hopes the patch will debut.

Like the PlayStation 4 game, the Xbox One version of Battlefield 4 was scheduled for an update to fix its ongoing crashing and online instability issues. That patch should have appeared during the week of December 2, but for reasons not made public never did. Instead, DICE has decided to roll the changes of that patch into the game's next update, which should appear at the end of this week or the beginning of next.

"The update that was originally meant to go live the week of Dec 2 was delayed, but we decided to bring those fixes to the next upcoming Xbox One update," stated DICE representative "trydling" in the studio's latest Battlelog update.

"This new combined Xbox One patch is currently in testing and certification, and we will release it as soon as possible. We are hoping to get it live late this week or early next week. We will keep you updated."

It's unknown exactly what this patch will fix, though we're told that full details will be made available shortly before the update appears. For the moment, DICE will only say that it "will focus on stability and some of the feedback we've seen from the community, including a fix for the one-hit kill bug and Commander EMP blur effect."

#1,491 ·
from battlelog....

2013-12-13 12:20 , edited 2013-12-13 12:29 by Vincent0K

We are now rolling out a new game update on Xbox One, and are already working on the next update based on your feedback. This update includes a number of stability improvements that should fix some of the most common crashes.

Dec 13 Xbox One Game Update Notes

-Fixed three common crashes that could occur during map transitions

-Fixed a common crash that could occur when using the in-game Battlelog in the "end of round" screen

-Fixed two crashes related to destroying vehicles

-Fixed a crash that could occur when the player lost connection to a server

-Fixed a crash that could occur when using the scoreboard

-Fixed a crash that could occur when players were using the voice chat

-Optimized performance when shooting destroyed Levolution objects on some levels

-Removed the blur effect on soldiers that appeared when Commanders were using EMP attacks

-Fixed the "one-hit kill" bug where damage from a single bullet sometimes was applied multiple times. This could lead to firefights where normal rifles sometimes dealt one-shot kills, which is not as designed

-Fixed a memory leak that could lead to crashes at certain points

-Further reduced the probability of getting a corrupt save file in the single player campaign

-Fixed the audio drop outs that could occur when playing on large maps. Typical map affected was Golmud Railway in Conquest with 64 players. Ambient sound would sometimes cut out, like foley sounds from player running, vehicle engine sounds, vehicle movement sounds, and map ambient sounds

-Fixed an issue with going online after resuming your Xbox One from suspended mode

-Fixed some issues with the handling of Xbox One parties

-Made the icons used to signal voice chat status more reliable

Reactions: pmassey
#1,494 ·
Trying to get a team of 5 together (EST) to play rush. Please message me if you are interested. I play the objective but looking to make a squad.

#1,495 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by pmassey  /t/1465359/battlefield-4/1470#post_24069861

Trying to get a team of 5 together (EST) to play rush. Please message me if you are interested. I play the objective but looking to make a squad.
I don't play rush often, but I'm definitely willing. I'm central time, but should be available tonight after about 7 eastern.

Reactions: pmassey
#1,501 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by pmassey  /t/1465359/battlefield-4/1470#post_24069861

I'm on a lot in evenings I'm up for it anytime.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.