AVS Forum banner
55K views 2K replies 127 participants last post by  bodean 
#1 ·
#1,502 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by ctiq21  /t/1465359/battlefield-4/1470#post_24070575

The chat actually appeared to be fixed for me after the system update from Microsoft the other day.

Awesome, so you were able to join a party then play a game and still here people in the party?

#1,503 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by ahartig  /t/1465359/battlefield-4/1500#post_24070718

Awesome, so you were able to join a party then play a game and still here people in the party?

As of last night it was still having issues for me post update.

In other words, everyone had to quit BF4, get in a party chat, then go into BF4 and it would work. If you are already in BF4 you can't connect to party chat.

Hopefully this patch fixes it.

#1,504 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by bucwylde23  /t/1465359/battlefield-4/1500#post_24070925

As of last night it was still having issues for me post update.

In other words, everyone had to quit BF4, get in a party chat, then go into BF4 and it would work. If you are already in BF4 you can't connect to party chat.

Hopefully this patch fixes it.

So does this happen with other games as well like COD ghosts or DR3?

#1,505 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by ahartig  /t/1465359/battlefield-4/1500#post_24070932

So does this happen with other games as well like COD ghosts or DR3?

I haven't seen it happen in COD or Forza. That's the only other games I've played.

#1,506 ·
#1,507 ·
#1,508 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by pmassey  /t/1465359/battlefield-4/1470#post_24069861

Trying to get a team of 5 together (EST) to play rush. Please message me if you are interested. I play the objective but looking to make a squad.
Quote:
Originally Posted by RemoWilliams84  /t/1465359/battlefield-4/1470#post_24070082

I don't play rush often, but I'm definitely willing. I'm central time, but should be available tonight after about 7 eastern.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hksvr4  /t/1465359/battlefield-4/1470#post_24070123

I only play rush. Or try to get into a rush game. I'll be on late tonight after 10pm est.
Quote:
Originally Posted by bucwylde23  /t/1465359/battlefield-4/1500#post_24070677

I'm on a lot in evenings I'm up for it anytime.

Lately I've primarily been playing Rush. It is my favorite mode and it seems more stable than CQ64. I am out West now but I would love to play with a full squad. I join other AVSrs when I see them but its difficult as most games seem full.

#1,509 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by dobieck1  /t/1465359/battlefield-4/1500#post_24071009

I modded my own but this looks cleaner. Will give it a try.

It would be nice if we had the option of a completely wireless over the ear headset, with nothing having to connect to the controller.

Are the new TB and Astro XB1 headsets going to feature this?

Reactions: centking
#1,513 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hksvr4  /t/1465359/battlefield-4/1500#post_24073402

Good games last night. The party chat was working good and the audio is really clear.

Could you party up in game or did you all have to do it outside the game?

#1,514 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by dobieck1  /t/1465359/battlefield-4/1500#post_24073427

Could you party up in game or did you all have to do it outside the game?

Anyone that wanted to join the party had to close BF4, join party chat, then join the game. Update didn't affect that at all.

but yes was a lot of fun, glad to finally have some actual communication

#1,515 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by bucwylde23  /t/1465359/battlefield-4/1500#post_24073849

Anyone that wanted to join the party had to close BF4, join party chat, then join the game. Update didn't affect that at all.

but yes was a lot of fun, glad to finally have some actual communication

So the guys in the party are fine, anyone new needs to join before starting the game. Lame but what can you do?

#1,517 ·
My question is how to join a game – AT ALL!!!!! In the past I would select “multiplayer” which would bring up the menu screen of the various MP game options (e.g., conquest, team deathmatch, etc.). I would then select my mode of choice (usually conquest) and the game would load up a match and toss me in. For the past week I cannot get past the little pop up window which says “matchmaking” – I literally cannot join a game (and yes, I downloaded the latest update a few days ago). I’ve tried this with multiple game types – not just conquest – and the same thing happens. So, my question is, how in the world do I actually join a multiplayer game? I’ve tried selecting dedicated servers of my choosing but see that EA wants an additional $49.99 for me to do that. What am I doing wrong? Do I need to enter a secret code for the game to actually work? Did I spend $59.99 on a coaster? I really wish I would have purchased a PS4 instead so I could play Killzone. COD Ghosts is the worst COD game I have ever played and I while I really liked BF4 during the brief time I could play it (shortly after launch), right now I can only access the menus. I love online multiplayer games and I spent $500 on a console and am 0 for 2 in top tier titles. Titanfall can’t come soon enough!

#1,519 ·
So since the patch I cannot join any operation locker games regardless if type. Anyone else have this issue?

#1,520 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott_lb  /t/1465359/battlefield-4/1500#post_24078400

My question is how to join a game – AT ALL!!!!! In the past I would select “multiplayer” which would bring up the menu screen of the various MP game options (e.g., conquest, team deathmatch, etc.). I would then select my mode of choice (usually conquest) and the game would load up a match and toss me in. For the past week I cannot get past the little pop up window which says “matchmaking” – I literally cannot join a game (and yes, I downloaded the latest update a few days ago). I’ve tried this with multiple game types – not just conquest – and the same thing happens. So, my question is, how in the world do I actually join a multiplayer game? I’ve tried selecting dedicated servers of my choosing but see that EA wants an additional $49.99 for me to do that. What am I doing wrong? Do I need to enter a secret code for the game to actually work? Did I spend $59.99 on a coaster? I really wish I would have purchased a PS4 instead so I could play Killzone. COD Ghosts is the worst COD game I have ever played and I while I really liked BF4 during the brief time I could play it (shortly after launch), right now I can only access the menus. I love online multiplayer games and I spent $500 on a console and am 0 for 2 in top tier titles. Titanfall can’t come soon enough!

I wonder if you have a map checked in the filters which you don't have access to? Like a China rising or first assualt map? Those are only available to premium members. Try server browsing and uncheck everything.

#1,521 ·
Did the patch ever come out for BF4? Up until the last couple of days, I've never had bf4 crash on me during a match. Crashes in hte post match screen happened frequently, but at least I got to keep my progress. For the last 2 nights though, I've had frequent crashes during matches. Just dumps me out to the xbox dashboard. Anyone else noticed a difference?

#1,522 ·
I've noticed a difference, but for the better. I think there was an update the other day (Fri?), but I haven't seen any announcement about it on Battlelog (only the PC update).

It used to be after a few matches I would be bounced to the dashboard at the start of a new map. It's better now, but I have been bounced out in the middle of a match once or twice. Once the other day, the BF screen went completely black for a few minutes and I had to re-start the game.

On a side note, I've been playing a few Hardcore matches recently. Since when, in Hardcore, do claymores get tripped by your own team? I must've killed a 1/2 dozen teammates last night planting claymores on the approaches to the objectives while defending on Rush before I realized what was happening.

#1,524 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by RemoWilliams84  /t/1465359/battlefield-4/1500#post_24086024

Did the patch ever come out for BF4? Up until the last couple of days, I've never had bf4 crash on me during a match. Crashes in hte post match screen happened frequently, but at least I got to keep my progress. For the last 2 nights though, I've had frequent crashes during matches. Just dumps me out to the xbox dashboard. Anyone else noticed a difference?

i got the patch thursday and since then it's been a lot better. the game audio is fixed now, and instead of getting kicked to the dash during/after 2/3 of my games, i typically only get kicked out maybe 10-20% (it's only happened during a game twice since the update).

team/party chat still seems broken to me, but we have a process to get it working (party up before anyone has BF4 in memory yet (ie, not even in background), or get everyone on the same squad, then party up). Squad chat is choppy to the point of uselessness, so we stick to party chat.

i've had noticeable lag in 15-20% of my 64 player conquest matches, but compared to 16 player halo 4, this is a miracle.

#1,526 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott_lb  /t/1465359/battlefield-4/1500#post_24087995

Can anyone confirm whether you can now save your game during the campaign given the recent patch?
Not sure, I haven't touch single player since.

Did you know if you say "I need ammo", it selects the command for you? I was yelling at another team mate for ammo and it sent the command. I did it with "I need a medic" and it works too.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.