AVS Forum banner
55K views 2K replies 127 participants last post by  bodean 
#1 ·
#177 ·
I may just stick with my 360 pre-order and wait for both consoles to be released and see how things work out. PS3's online experience was like sprinting through a minefield. Though I like the fact that I can do Netflix through it without needing to pay for 2nd subscription...

#178 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by ballen420  /t/1465359/battlefield-4/100_100#post_23415826

I think PSN with cross game and parties will eliminate most of the downsides that exist now. Either way, we'll be playing a lot of BF4 together.

That was my biggest issues with it. I would play a game and wanted to chat with some buddies and couldnt do it.

#179 ·
I pre-ordered my PS4 and BF4 this morning. Spyder, I will be joining you.

Nexus, I wouldn't trust either company with my credit card, M$ won't let you remove the card without going through the tedious process of calling in and requesting it to be removed. My old card is still attached to my account, but it is expired. I could never remove it. I just buy money cards online and put the codes in. I will never trust either them again after Sony's network was hacked, seeing as how there are so many safer ways to get money for my console. I know amazon is online also, but I'd rather not have my credit card info on too many sites.

I will be actively putting the pressure on everyone to purchase a PS4 for BF4.

I wasn't a big fan of the Playstation Network, but hopefully with it being subscription based now, it will improve.

#180 ·
So you guys are moving to PS4?? It will be an interesting fall, I don't think I'm buying either console at launch. Gonna sit back and see how things shake out. But man that BF4 teaser looks HAWT!!

Reactions: bucwylde23
#181 ·
I will be on the XBone. Like I said earlier 500 for an 8 yr investment is fairly minimal. 64 player is going to be awesome.

Reactions: mphfrom77
#182 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by jsacevedo  /t/1465359/battlefield-4/150#post_23415993

I pre-ordered my PS4 and BF4 this morning. Spyder, I will be joining you.

Nexus, I wouldn't trust either company with my credit card, M$ won't let you remove the card without going through the tedious process of calling in and requesting it to be removed. My old card is still attached to my account, but it is expired. I could never remove it. I just buy money cards online and put the codes in. I will never trust either them again after Sony's network was hacked, seeing as how there are so many safer ways to get money for my console. I know amazon is online also, but I'd rather not have my credit card info on too many sites.

Yeah I made the mistake of putting my CC on Xbox way back when. Once I heard the problems people were having I just reported the card as lost and got a new one. F U Microsoft!! Have fun charging anything to that CC #. So much easier than trying to get them to remove it.

Reactions: bucwylde23
#188 ·
I watched all of EA presentation at E3. They never specifically said 64 players on PS4 or XBone. I've not seen Sony or MS state this. I know BF4 will support 64 man like it did in BF3, for PC. EA also didn't mention 60 frames per second was going to be the case with BF4 on PS4 or XBone. Even that link to the preorder page is a little vague.

They of course could have specified these things at the reveal and E3, they didn't and that is why I am still confused.

#192 ·

I think I'm just going to preorder for the 360 and wait and see about the consoles. We'll see as we get closer.

Amazon did a vote on Facebook today and as of a few hours ago, the PS4 had 10x the number of votes as the X-Bone. Hmm...

#193 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by mphfrom77  /t/1465359/battlefield-4/180#post_23416856

Guess I can't find this press release.

Sorry, I was told this is on the BF4 website:
Quote:
Take part in massive 64-player battles on next-gen platforms and PC, while 2 Commanders can join the fight to help turn the tide.

I guess there's wiggle room, but I take it at face value. There's nothing about the PS4 and XBone that should prevent 64 players this time around. small amounts of RAM was the problem last time.

#196 ·
 http://www.ign.com/articles/2013/06/12/e3-2013-battlefield-4-commanding-armies-and-toppling-skyscrapers

amazing!!!

But the question on everyone's mind is: how do you make the building fall down?

As it turns out, it's not triggered by the progression of the match, like maps in Battlefield 3 such as Caspian Border. Instead, it's part of a new feature DICE is calling "Levelution," which triggers map-altering events based on actions taken by the player. In this particular instance, if players cause a certain level of damage to four of the building's load-bearing pillars on the ground level, it'll cause the whole thing to collapse. But the building's demise isn't only good for a grand spectacle — it drastically changes the conditions of the map.

#197 ·
No I wasn't ignoring those links from you Lazy or Neo. Just stating that they left it somewhat vague. I mean basically they should be preaching this stuff at every moment they can, and exactly specifying what they are talking about. Obviously there is a reason they are not though. Maybe they just haven't gotten all their ducks in a row yet is what I am guessing. Take for example what they say on the preorder page:

"* Only in Battlefield will you find the awe-inspiring power of the next generation Frostbite™ 3 engine, delivering unmatched visual and audio fidelity, superior character animations and dynamic destruction running at a smooth 60 frames-per-second.

* Only in Battlefield can you experience an unmatched level of all-out war that grants you the freedom to play to your strengths and your own patch to victory with up to 64 players online.

* Only in Battlefield do you have the power to dominate land, air and sea with all-new, intense water-based vehicle combat on the Xbox One
."

They should specify on Xbox One after each bullet point as opposed to one and not the other. But honestly they should have specified it by now on a much larger stage / mass media outlet. Specified.

I guess what Tyrant mentioned is the most definitive line that I have seen so far...I found it here...bottom left side where the preorder link is: http://www.battlefield.com/battlefield-4/features/all-out-war

"Take part in massive 64-player battles on next-gen platforms and PC, while 2 Commanders can join the fight to help turn the tide."

No big deal, just think it is a little odd is all.

#198 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord_Zath  /t/1465359/battlefield-4/180#post_23417316

I think I'm just going to preorder for the 360 and wait and see about the consoles. We'll see as we get closer.

Amazon did a vote on Facebook today and as of a few hours ago, the PS4 had 10x the number of votes as the X-Bone. Hmm...

Thanks for the vid. I lol'ed hard! The votes don't shock me, as it's consistent with every other poll/article/forum I've read the past few days.

Hell, even on Battlelog itself, PC ran away with the votes, while the PS4 was second, the 360 was third, and the Xbone was dead last.

#199 ·
So a friend asked me what commander mode is. I found these videos from BF2 and just had to share.

1. The right way to do it.

2. The wrong way.

IDK about you guys, but I can't wait for a stupid blueberry to take the most important role of the game

At least this shows some of why BF2 was so awesome.

#201 ·
Unless the XB1 gets rid of all the BS DRM and makes it the same DRM model as the 360 I don't think I can get it out of principle. This is coming from someone who has stuck with Xbox since the original came out what 10 years ago?

If I had to choose today it would be PS4 but still not sure I will get it at launch time and might stick with 360 for a bit longer.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.