Metro: Last Light - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 6 Old 05-08-2013, 01:36 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 287
Is anyone planning on getting this? I skipped the first one and heard it had some good ideas and some poor execution. For all the love The Last of Us is getting (I know that's third person and this is first) I would think that some people might be excited for this game just based on the atmosphere alone.

XBL: xGunner26x

PSN: AMER1CAN_GUNNER

Steam: xGunner26x

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 Old 05-08-2013, 02:49 PM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 127
I ended up purchasing Metro 2033 a few days ago and am loving it. great atmosphere and a lot of tense "oh crap" moments and good pacing. Makes me very excited for Last Light. I am a sucker for post-apocalyptic games.

I love the ammo/money mechanic in 2033 and hope they have something similar in Last Light. Military grade ammo is used as currency but can also be used in your rifles and do 3x as much damage. makes you think twice about getting the next gun upgrade or just using it to blast some mutant freaks.

XBOX Live ID: HONDEboyMAN
PSN ID: ahartig
post #3 of 6 Old 05-09-2013, 09:49 AM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

Liked: 287
I watched some gameplay footage on IGN last night and it does look like an interesting game. I am debating whether I want to check it out right away, or wait a bit and actually finish off some of the games in my back log.

XBL: xGunner26x

PSN: AMER1CAN_GUNNER

Steam: xGunner26x

post #4 of 6 Old 05-17-2013, 04:21 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 54 Post(s)
Liked: 150
So can anyone tell me how the gas mask works? Do you always have to replace cartridges and look for them? Does it crack and obscure your vision? Does it frost up and obscure your vision? I was all set to get this but when I read about the mask is back I cancelled my pre-order. I hated it from the first one.

post #5 of 6 Old 05-17-2013, 06:40 AM
Advanced Member

Liked: 15
Yes you have to find cartridges.

I rented this the other day and not having played 2033 didn't know what to expect. Personally, didn't like it and returned the game after 3 hours of game play. I was trying to give it a chance but it never appealed to me.
post #6 of 6 Old 05-17-2013, 09:50 AM

Liked: 17
Quote:
Originally Posted by WilliamR View Post

So can anyone tell me how the gas mask works? Do you always have to replace cartridges and look for them? Does it crack and obscure your vision? Does it frost up and obscure your vision? I was all set to get this but when I read about the mask is back I cancelled my pre-order. I hated it from the first one.

Yes, you do have to find cartridges, but so far it has not been to much of a drill to find them. Most sections where you need the mask you will find cartridges laying around right at the start.
Reply Xbox Area

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page