Madden 25 Anniversary Edition - Amazon Pre-Order Bonus - FREE SUDNAY TICKET FOR COMPUTER/LAPTOP! - Page 3 - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 
 1Likes

post #61 of 77 Old 09-14-2013, 04:52 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 486 Post(s)
Liked: 511
Quote:
Originally Posted by STEELERSRULE View Post

I "think" if you have an IPHONE 5th generation or later, and/or a IPOD 5th Generation then the picture will be 16:9 and fill the whole screen because those units have a 4" 16:9 screen, while all IPADS and IPOD'S 4th gen and earlier are actually 4:3 screens.

I am not 100% certain on that. All I know is that my IPAD2 will have a cropped MIRRORED IMAGE. I have yet to try my IPOD 5th Gen via Airplay, but I will let you know.

Interesting. Always was curious as to why.

One of the greatest posts I have read

benjamin-benjami - http://www.avsforum.com/forum/142-pl...l#post24609271
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #62 of 77 Old 09-15-2013, 11:19 AM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 7 Post(s)
Liked: 101
Directv once again screwing the pooch on my laptop. Working fine on my tablet though.

post #63 of 77 Old 09-15-2013, 11:19 AM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 141 Post(s)
Liked: 201
I don't know why I'm surprised, because DirecTV has issues every year, but completely broken on the website again this week.

Shocking, if you give the service away for next to nothing for millions of Madden purchasers, there's going to be a ton of people using it? Who would have guessed?!

XBL/Steam: JHoff80
post #64 of 77 Old 09-15-2013, 12:21 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 13 Post(s)
Liked: 24
Changing the "Pic Size" on my TV to TheaterWide2 or Widescreen2 produces a decent screen-filling image.

Was able to log in via my laptop finally around 2pm, hooked that up to my TV. With my TV as the 2nd display at 1920x1080, the browser filled the screen, however if I selected fullscreen from the viewing options in the Sunday Ticket Max screen, it only filled ~2/3 of it.

Oh well, happy with what I have.

Xbox Live: oktober rust | Mii: 5207 2388 9861 4135 | Steam ID: detroit820 | Origin ID: oktoberrust11
post #65 of 77 Old 09-16-2013, 12:38 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 137 Post(s)
Liked: 170
Just a heads up for people before week 3. If you want to use this app on your computer or laptop, you need to delete your history and cookies, etc, etc. If you do a clean wipe, before you try to log in, then everything works fine. Not sure why it's like this, but that's just the way it is. I had tons of problems on the first Sunday, till a Direct TV rep told me to delete my browsing history and clear my cookies and then re-try it.

I didn't have any problems at all this Sunday, except for the fact that the quality of the stream was dropping a bit more than I would have liked, but overall it was fine.

I just wish it had a few more options for viewing the games. For example, you know how it allows you to watch 4 games at once ? Why don't they have an option where you can zoom that out, and make it full screen ?

Also, same thing with the picture in picture mode. I wish I could zoom that out to full screen.

I'm also getting an overscan type issue when I fullscreen the image to my projector. Sometimes the stats and stuff that run along the bottom of the screen is cutoff.
post #66 of 77 Old 01-06-2014, 10:22 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 28 Post(s)
Liked: 16
Here is my review of NFL Sunday Ticket since the season is over. I used either an IPAD 2, IPOD 5th generation, or a DELL PC Laptop(Intel Core i3). All were used with wireless setup from a Netgear R6300 wireless router, and Time warner Cable ISP, which max's out at 15Mbps download:

BOTH the IPOD and IPAD were PHENOMENAL. The APPS provided by Apple worked perfectly every week, except week 1. There were a few bumps that week. But after that, all was fine. Throwing the picture up to my 55"HDTV using an APPLETV 3rd generation was simple. The IPOD 5th generation tossed up a BEAUTIFUL 16:9 Pic to the HDTV, while the IPAD 2 would toss up a nice looking picture, but it would be cropped. No way to fix it. So if you have an IPAD, 4th generation or later, I believe those would toss up a 16:9 pic to fill the whole screen.

So my experience with the Apple APPS was GREAT. A+ as far as reliability, picture, and being able to LOG ON without any problems.

My PC experience, on the other hand, was such a DISASTER, that I stopped using it after week 3. What a colossal WASTE/MESS created by DIRECTV, and their so-called WEBSITE. For those of you with PC's ONLY, I would NEVER RECOMMEND SNFLT to you. Ever. using DIRECTV portal through their own website was a DISASTER. No other way to put it.

It would either not let me LOG IN, or even after I logged in, the games themselves were AWFUL/UNWATCHABLE at most times. Pixelated/blurry/stuttering, you name it, it happened throughout the entire Sunday. Just awful. I would give this setup a D, and that is being REALLY KIND.

So my conclusions are these:

1. If this is made available again, and you have APPLE products with the SNFLT APP, then that is the way to go. No Doubt.

2. If you have PC's(this would include APPLE PC's), and want to use the DIRECTV WEBSITE as your PORTAL, DON'T BOTHER. Complete waste of money.

Now, DIRECTV controls SNFLT until the end of this season(2014 regular season), and then the deal is over. Since no announcement has been made yet by the NFL, which is ODD, then who knows who will be in control of SNFLT in 2015.

Cable CO's? DIRECTV again? DISH? Some companies and not others? Will there be a streaming service available?

Who knows. But I would get SNFLT again, if only at the price I paid by getting it "FREE" from the Madden 25th Anniversary special sold by Amazon($80 total after trade in). I may go up to $150, but no more than that. Just not worth it for streaming only.

We will have to wait and see.
post #67 of 77 Old 01-06-2014, 10:33 AM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 127
Quote:
Originally Posted by STEELERSRULE View Post

Here is my review of NFL Sunday Ticket since the season is over. I used either an IPAD 2, IPOD 5th generation, or a DELL PC Laptop(Intel Core i3). All were used with wireless setup from a Netgear R6300 wireless router, and Time warner Cable ISP, which max's out at 15Mbps download:

BOTH the IPOD and IPAD were PHENOMENAL. The APPS provided by Apple worked perfectly every week, except week 1. There were a few bumps that week. But after that, all was fine. Throwing the picture up to my 55"HDTV using an APPLETV 3rd generation was simple. The IPOD 5th generation tossed up a BEAUTIFUL 16:9 Pic to the HDTV, while the IPAD 2 would toss up a nice looking picture, but it would be cropped. No way to fix it. So if you have an IPAD, 4th generation or later, I believe those would toss up a 16:9 pic to fill the whole screen.

So my experience with the Apple APPS was GREAT. A+ as far as reliability, picture, and being able to LOG ON without any problems.

My PC experience, on the other hand, was such a DISASTER, that I stopped using it after week 3. What a colossal WASTE/MESS created by DIRECTV, and their so-called WEBSITE. For those of you with PC's ONLY, I would NEVER RECOMMEND SNFLT to you. Ever. using DIRECTV portal through their own website was a DISASTER. No other way to put it.

It would either not let me LOG IN, or even after I logged in, the games themselves were AWFUL/UNWATCHABLE at most times. Pixelated/blurry/stuttering, you name it, it happened throughout the entire Sunday. Just awful. I would give this setup a D+, and that is being REALLY KIND.

So my conclusions are these:

1. If this is made available again, and you have APPLE products with the SNFLT APP, then that is the way to go. No Doubt.

2. If you have PC's(this would include APPLE PC's), and want to use the DIRECTV WEBSITE as your PORTAL, DON'T BOTHER. Complete waste of money.

Now, DIRECTV controls SNFLT until the end of this season(2014 regular season), and then the deal is over. Since no announcement has been made yet by the NFL, which is ODD, then who knows who will be in control of SNFLT in 2015.

Cable CO's? DIRECTV again? DISH? Some companies and not others? Will there be a streaming service available?

Who knows. But I would get SNFLT again, if only at the price I paid by getting it "FREE" from the Madden 25th Anniversary special sold by Amazon($80 total after trade in). I may go up to $150, but no more than that. Just not worth it for streaming only.

We will have to wait and see.

Agree with everything you said, I had a similar setup and similar experience.

My money is on MSFT announcing some awesome streaming service for the Xbox One..... come on MSFT!!!!!

XBOX Live ID: HONDEboyMAN
PSN ID: ahartig
post #68 of 77 Old 07-17-2014, 09:08 AM
AVS Special Member

Well, apparently, for 2014 NFL Sunday Ticket is coming to PS3/PS4/XBOX ONE/PC/IPOD/IPAD/Etc....

Here is the link:

https://nflst.directv.com/DTVAPP/nflws/index.jsp

Last edited by STEELERSRULE; 07-17-2014 at 09:13 AM.
post #69 of 77 Old 07-17-2014, 09:33 AM
AVS Special Member

You know what DirecTV may be serious this time about making sure people are not eligible. Oh, well. I may be wrong, and by late August when the signups begin in force, people can get it. But they maybe more STINGY this year, since this is possibly the last year they have it EXCLUSIVELY.

If not, here is to DirecTV not getting NFLST in 2015, or beyond. Still no deal in sight yet after this season. Still say NFL REDZONE CHANNEL will make most people unbelievably happy.
post #70 of 77 Old 07-17-2014, 10:24 PM

Liked: 11
I second nfl redzone. I've had it for the last. 2 years and can't imagine not having it for football season.
centking likes this.
post #71 of 77 Old 07-18-2014, 08:50 AM

Liked: 25
Quote:
Originally Posted by STEELERSRULE View Post
You know what DirecTV may be serious this time about making sure people are not eligible. Oh, well. I may be wrong, and by late August when the signups begin in force, people can get it. But they maybe more STINGY this year, since this is possibly the last year they have it EXCLUSIVELY.

If not, here is to DirecTV not getting NFLST in 2015, or beyond. Still no deal in sight yet after this season. Still say NFL REDZONE CHANNEL will make most people unbelievably happy.
Here is what the website currently says, which is much more restrictive than last time.

I received an error message that says I am unable to purchase NFLSUNDAYTICKET.TV. What does that mean?
First, please verify that your personal information is correct. If you still receive an error message, you may not be eligible to purchase NFLSUNDAYTICKET.TV. Currently, the service is available only to people who live in an apartment building where DIRECTV service is not available, attend one of the 10 select universities, or live in one of the following metro areas: New York City, Philadelphia, or San Francisco.

Although you’re not eligible for the streaming-only package, you can still purchase NFL SUNDAY TICKET if you subscribe to a DIRECTV satellite TV package. For more information, please visit directv.com/nfl.
post #72 of 77 Old 07-26-2014, 06:12 PM
AVS Special Member

hmm. I have a bud that lives in San Fran. I wonder if I can have him order, and just use his password / login, and would it work, or would it know where my IP is and block me ?
post #73 of 77 Old 07-27-2014, 05:47 AM

Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Liked: 90
Every year I am amazed at how difficult the NFL makes it to just take my money. They have to be the most consumer unfriendly agency in pro sports. As mentioned, they are much more strict this year with the streaming thing. But that's OK, because I found a way that is actually cheaper.

Over in Europe they have the NFL game pass. The price for the whole season is on par with the streaming Sunday Ticket. But, here's the kicker: they offer reduced rates if you are interested in only the regular season or, like me, are interested in only one team. It's a sweet deal....something around $100 for one team, preseason and regular season. I used it last year and will again this year.

Of course, the catch is, you have to be in Europe. Well, technically, your IP address needs to be in Europe...that is easily solved by any number of VPN services out there.

So in summary, NFL gamepass + VPN = football bliss with no strings.

P.S. I've only used the VPN going from Europe to the US, not in reverse. I'm assuming it would work the other way, but won't get a chance to test that theory for a few months.

Dyin' ain't much of a living, boy...
post #74 of 77 Old 07-27-2014, 09:00 AM
AVS Addicted Member

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 335
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mach1_8 View Post
Every year I am amazed at how difficult the NFL makes it to just take my money. They have to be the most consumer unfriendly agency in pro sports. As mentioned, they are much more strict this year with the streaming thing. But that's OK, because I found a way that is actually cheaper.

Over in Europe they have the NFL game pass. The price for the whole season is on par with the streaming Sunday Ticket. But, here's the kicker: they offer reduced rates if you are interested in only the regular season or, like me, are interested in only one team. It's a sweet deal....something around $100 for one team, preseason and regular season. I used it last year and will again this year.

Of course, the catch is, you have to be in Europe. Well, technically, your IP address needs to be in Europe...that is easily solved by any number of VPN services out there.

So in summary, NFL gamepass + VPN = football bliss with no strings.

P.S. I've only used the VPN going from Europe to the US, not in reverse. I'm assuming it would work the other way, but won't get a chance to test that theory for a few months.
I have VPN and will give this a try.

Xbox Live & PSN gamertag- Daekwan
www.facebook.com/Daekwan
post #75 of 77 Old 07-27-2014, 10:20 AM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 141 Post(s)
Liked: 201
I've considered this, but don't you need a really fast VPN in order to get good streaming through it?

Also, I've used the (HORRIBLE) DirecTV streaming-only service for the past three years, this is the first year that they refuse to take my money.

XBL/Steam: JHoff80
post #76 of 77 Old 07-27-2014, 11:53 AM

Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Liked: 90
Quote:
Originally Posted by jhoff80 View Post
I've considered this, but don't you need a really fast VPN in order to get good streaming through it?

Also, I've used the (HORRIBLE) DirecTV streaming-only service for the past three years, this is the first year that they refuse to take my money.
YMMV, but the service I use (strongVPN) has worked fine for streaming video. Netflix and until recently, Hulu have streamed in HD with no complaints.

Dyin' ain't much of a living, boy...
post #77 of 77 Old 07-27-2014, 05:34 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mach1_8 View Post
Every year I am amazed at how difficult the NFL makes it to just take my money.
Tell me about it...

Man... you really have to jump through some serious hoops to get the freaking NFL the way you want it. It's not 100 percent the NFL's fault. They can't work out the contracts that they do, without agreeing to not let any Tom, Dick and Harry easily get it without needing to pay for cable or satellite. Cord cutters would scoop up the NFL ala carte, and Direct TV Subscriptions would drop 35 percent. Because of this, the NFL has to make it at least seem like you're in a location where you can't get Direct TV, to allow you to circumvent them.

I've know of people who actually will "share" a Direct TV account because of this, and they actually share the physical receivers and everything. I'm sure it's extremely illegal to do that, but they do it anyways, because it's the only way they can afford to see the NFL games, other than the free games on FOX, CBS and NBC.

Thursday Night games = gotta have NFL Network access
Monday Night games = gotta have ESPN access

Luckily, we still get the 4 free games on Sunday. A double header on either Fox or CBS, a single game from the other guy, and then the Sunday Night game on NBC. 4 free games on Sunday, delivered all in crisp clear HDTV from a OTA antenna. It's amazing we still have that.
Reply Xbox Area

Tags
Madden Nfl 25 Playstation 4 , Madden Nfl 25 Anniversary Edition

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page