Madden 25 Anniversary Edition - Amazon Pre-Order Bonus - FREE SUDNAY TICKET FOR COMPUTER/LAPTOP! - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 
 1Likes

post #1 of 77 Old 05-17-2013, 02:49 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 127
This is quite the deal!!!!

http://www.amazon.com/gp/feature.html/ref=amb_link_376741782_3?ie=UTF8&docId=1001215841&pf_rd_m=ATVPDKIKX0DER&pf_rd_s=hero-quick-promo&pf_rd_r=00YHR92X9N716QD1VW5K&pf_rd_t=201&pf_rd_p=1557458342&pf_rd_i=B00CF7KVGE

The computer code access works with the PS3 app as well, I confirmed this last year.

Deal #3:

For fans unable to receive DirecTV service, each Madden NFL 25 Anniversary Edition will include a unique code to access the 2013 regular season (17 weeks) trial of NFL Sunday Ticket on computers, tablets, and mobile devices- including access to the award-winning Red Zone Channel.

And even if u can receive DTV, dont worry, they have no way of checking you can't. It's a simple yes/no question they ask prior to registering.

XBOX Live ID: HONDEboyMAN
PSN ID: ahartig
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 77 Old 05-17-2013, 07:53 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 143 Post(s)
Liked: 334
It says trial, what does that exactly mean. It also says 17 weeks, so I'm a little confused on that. Sounds like a great deal and ill bite on it. If its really a trial them ill just return the game later since I have no interest in madden

Hapi -"Lazy......cuz he's a boss like that"

mphfrom77 - "I'm an idiot."

benjamin-benjami - http://www.avsforum.com/t/1476721/battlefield-4/7200_100#post_24609271
post #3 of 77 Old 05-17-2013, 10:53 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 40 Post(s)
Liked: 145
So, does it matter which version I buy ? Xbox or PS3 ? Either way I can use the code to get Sunday Ticket on my PC ? I think I might actually do this with the Xbox 360. I would do the whole preorder thing, and just sell off Madden to somebody as soon as possible for like 40 bucks or something, and then I'm basically getting Sunday Ticket for only 60 bucks. That would be pretty sweet!
post #4 of 77 Old 05-18-2013, 06:59 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked: 20
Has anyone pre-ordered yet? So the Sunday Ticket Max code is included in the actual game case? I've been a D* sub for ~8 years, just want to make sure I'm not throwing $100 at a game that I haven't been able to get into for 3-4 years..

Xbox Live: oktober rust | Mii: 5207 2388 9861 4135 | Steam ID: detroit820 | Origin ID: oktoberrust11

post #5 of 77 Old 05-18-2013, 01:11 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by oktoberrust11 View Post

Has anyone pre-ordered yet? So the Sunday Ticket Max code is included in the actual game case? I've been a D* sub for ~8 years, just want to make sure I'm not throwing $100 at a game that I haven't been able to get into for 3-4 years..

I pre-ordred the PS3 version just in case I actually keep the game (I have multiple PS3 controllers and only one 360 controller).

Not sure how the codes will be given (in the case, email from amazon....).

If you already have DTV, this deal seems kinda confusing as to what you actually get, $10 off for 12 months.... and the Sunday ticket Max?

post #6 of 77 Old 05-19-2013, 04:31 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ahartig View Post

If you already have DTV, this deal seems kinda confusing as to what you actually get, $10 off for 12 months.... and the Sunday ticket Max?

So confusing. And if the above is true, do I have to buy the standard ST at the above discounted rate, and then I get Max for free? That's what Joystiq is implying:

http://www.joystiq.com/2013/05/17/limited-amazon-exclusive-madden-25-special-edition-includes-free/

Xbox Live: oktober rust | Mii: 5207 2388 9861 4135 | Steam ID: detroit820 | Origin ID: oktoberrust11

post #7 of 77 Old 05-19-2013, 04:54 AM
AVS Special Member

I think this deals screws over current DTV customers that subscribed to the Sunday ticket.
Quote:
2. For fans who are already DirecTV and NFL Sunday Ticket Max subscribers, you can access NFL Sunday Ticket on your computer, tablet, and mobile devices using your current DirecTV username and password.

Sounds like you need to be a customer and subscribe to Sunday Ticket and all you get is the mobile/PC streaming free. Where as new customers get the Ticket free, which I believe is standard for new customers, and an extra $10 off a month for a year.

I am not a customer and I dont plan on becoming one so the mobile/PC is all I am interested in. I am just still curious on the word "trial".

benjamin-benjami - http://www.avsforum.com/t/1476721/battlefield-4/7200_100#post_24609271
post #8 of 77 Old 05-19-2013, 04:58 AM
AVS Special Member

Ok, after a bit more looking around, I think I found the answer. First, Kokatu has a good article on this:

http://kotaku.com/madden-special-edition-includes-sunday-ticket-even-wi-508524868?utm_campaign=Socialflow_Kotaku_Twitter&utm_source=Kotaku_Twitter&utm_medium=Socialflow

Which says:
Quote:
The official news release said simply that the "unique code" included in the box was "for fans unable to receive DirecTV service." The other bullet points implied those that did have access to DirectTV would have to sign up to take advantage of the code. "Offers like this are complex and have to be written a certain way," Stevenson explained later. "Believe me, I wish it was easier too."

Looking at more tweets from Anthony Stevenson, Madden's director of marketing, he tweets:
Quote:
true, but with this offer you don't need to be a directv subscriber. You can access Sunday Ticket digitally.
and
Quote:
I understand the confusion, but there is a unique code in EVERY box. You will def get access.

So basically, I don't think they care if you are or aren't a DirecTV sub, they give you a code to watch games on PC/tablet/tablet in the game case. I'm pre-ordering.

post #9 of 77 Old 05-19-2013, 06:09 AM
AVS Special Member

So it seems basically you are paying $40 to be able to stream the Sunday Ticket to your PC/Tablet/Smartphone. I still plan on keeping my preorder, with fantasy football you can never watch enough games.

post #10 of 77 Old 05-19-2013, 08:29 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

Yes. Exactly. And if you have a PS3 the deal is even better because the code will also work with the ps3 app. At least it did last year, so I don't see why it wouldn't also work this year.

post #11 of 77 Old 05-20-2013, 04:57 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:

Yes. Exactly. And if you have a PS3 the deal is even better because the code will also work with the ps3 app. At least it did last year, so I don't see why it wouldn't also work this year.

Not according to Anthony Stevenson. No console access:
Quote:
Not on PS3. Access is on PC, tablets, & mobile.

post #12 of 77 Old 05-20-2013, 06:17 AM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by oktoberrust11 View Post

Not according to Anthony Stevenson. No console access:

Interesting. I wonder if they changed it around this year. Either way, being able to mirror my laptop on the big screen via appletv should work just as well if the ps3 ends up not working.

post #13 of 77 Old 05-20-2013, 09:40 AM
AVS Special Member

Well, I went ahead and jumped on the bandwagon. Here's hoping that I don't end up getting screwed out of this deal... I'm going to try to sell off Madden as soon as I get the game and remove the code, so hopefully I can squeeze $45 out of it via craigslist. Then it becomes about a $63 gamble, which isn't necessarily the end of the world if it doesn't pan out. I don't mind just having computer access, because I can hook my PC up to my projector.

Too bad they didn't have a next-gen version announced for PS4 or the new Xbox that we could do this with, but I guess the timing wouldn't be right. The new consoles aren't coming till mid November, and the NFL season will already be halfway over at that point.
post #14 of 77 Old 05-20-2013, 10:58 AM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anthony1 View Post

Well, I went ahead and jumped on the bandwagon. Here's hoping that I don't end up getting screwed out of this deal... I'm going to try to sell off Madden as soon as I get the game and remove the code, so hopefully I can squeeze $45 out of it via craigslist. Then it becomes about a $63 gamble, which isn't necessarily the end of the world if it doesn't pan out. I don't mind just having computer access, because I can hook my PC up to my projector.

Too bad they didn't have a next-gen version announced for PS4 or the new Xbox that we could do this with, but I guess the timing wouldn't be right. The new consoles aren't coming till mid November, and the NFL season will already be halfway over at that point.

Do you have a PS3?

post #15 of 77 Old 05-20-2013, 03:16 PM
AVS Addicted Member

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 333
1) I pre-ordered. As a football fan you'd be crazy to pass this deal up.

2) I dont have DirecTV. I do have plenty of friends with DirecTV who have the NFL package. I've never had a problem using their logins on any device that supports the NFL Sunday ticket, including the PS3.

3) NFL season is 17 weeks. Every team has a 16 week game schedule + bye week = 17 weeks. Not sure why its labeled a "trial" but this should allow you to see every game on Sunday.

4) I'd bet money that the login for the NFL Sunday Ticket works on every device that supports the NFL Sunday ticket. Including the PS3. Unofficially supported, but it will still work. Seems like way too much trouble to purposely disable it for the PS3.

The only reason why I believe they are saying it will not work on the PS3, is that the full price of the PS3 Sunday NFL package is $299. Thats more expensive than what the package costs for regular DirecTV subscribers. And the vast amount of people who use the PS3 to watch the NFL Sunday ticket package are NOT DirecTV subscribers. So by advertising that this special deal WOULD work on the PS3.. would mean that DirecTV is cheating themselves out of the $260 full price. And even worse scenario would be if the lost non-contract DirecTV subscribers because people would have found a way to finally drop DirecTV (for FIOS or cable) and still have an easy way to get the HD NFL package on their big screen TV for just $40 + $60 price of Madden. Either way, it would be a horrible strategy to advertise or admit this "trial" works on the PS3. It would be the equivalent of a cellphone provider admitting that a free tethering app works on their network!

This offer is designed to be a one time "promotion" with DirecTV partnering with EA.. to promote the NFL Sunday ticket package to people who would never pay full price for it. Its limited to 100,000 offers and is available only thru Amazon.com preorder. The NFL regular season (and Sunday NFL ticket programming) does not start until AFTER this promotion is over. Which is another reason why I see the PS3 being "unofficially" supported. DirecTV would no longer have to worry about shooting themselves in the foot with the $40 offer. And the more devices (ways) they allow people to access the Sunday NFL ticket, the more likely they are to get people to pay full price for it sometime in the future. Hell they could even attract lots of new DirecTV subscribers and lock them into a contract.

This promotion is nothing different than a drug dealer.. who makes that first "hit" as cheap as possible, so you keep coming back for more when he can charge the normal price.

Xbox Live & PSN gamertag- Daekwan
www.facebook.com/Daekwan
post #16 of 77 Old 05-20-2013, 03:20 PM
AVS Addicted Member

As if the deal couldnt get any sweeter.. I totally forgot I had a $20 bonus promotion from Amazon when I traded in BLOPS2 a month ago. A promotion that would have expired in 3 months had I not used it.

Item Subtotal: $99.99
Shipping & Handling: $0.00
Promotion Applied: -$20.00
Total Before Tax: $79.99
Estimated Tax: $0.00

I was hoping to use the promotion on the NextBox or Call of Duty: Ghosts releasing this November.. but considering neither are available for pre-order.. I'm absolutely estatic I got to use the promotional code on this offer!!

www.facebook.com/Daekwan
post #17 of 77 Old 05-20-2013, 04:31 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daekwan View Post

I'd bet money that the login for the NFL Sunday Ticket works on every device that supports the NFL Sunday ticket. Including the PS3. Unofficially supported, but it will still work. Seems like way too much trouble to purposely disable it for the PS3.

Totally agree with you. I am ecstatic I was able to capitalize on this deal.

post #18 of 77 Old 05-20-2013, 09:54 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:

Item Subtotal: $99.99
Shipping & Handling: $0.00
Promotion Applied: -$20.00
Total Before Tax: $79.99
Estimated Tax: $0.00

Must be nice to live in one of the few states that Amazon hasn't started charging tax. Enjoy it while it lasts frown.gif

Quote:

Do you have a PS3?

Yeah, I do, but I'm thinking of putting it up for sale, mainly because I'm mostly playing games on PC right now, and as soon as I have the PS4 and the new Xbox, I won't really have time for any PS3 games. I'm probably end up getting a PS3 in a few years when they are blowing them out for super cheap or something, but I might try to sell my current PS3. I'm going to be spending over 1 grand just on consoles this November, so every little bit of extra cache that can be added to the mix is helpful.
post #19 of 77 Old 05-20-2013, 09:56 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 493
is the picture any clearer on how the deal works? the whole "unable to receive DirectTV service" sounds weird. like you have to live in an area that can't receive DirectTV.

the bottom line is you don't need to sign up for anything? you buy the $99 package and get the NFL package on at least PC/tablets/phones? I normally have zero interest in Madden but for the NFL package, I might have to give in...
post #20 of 77 Old 05-20-2013, 10:13 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by onlysublime View Post

the bottom line is you don't need to sign up for anything? you buy the $99 package and get the NFL package on at least PC/tablets/phones?

Exactly, and if you own a ps3, I'd bet that the code also works with it as well

post #21 of 77 Old 05-20-2013, 10:31 PM
AVS Special Member

alright. I think I'm in... but if turns out to be wrong, I'm going to hunt you guys down starting with ahartig who is closest to me... tongue.gif
post #22 of 77 Old 05-20-2013, 11:07 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by onlysublime View Post

is the picture any clearer on how the deal works? the whole "unable to receive DirectTV service" sounds weird. like you have to live in an area that can't receive DirectTV.

the bottom line is you don't need to sign up for anything? you buy the $99 package and get the NFL package on at least PC/tablets/phones? I normally have zero interest in Madden but for the NFL package, I might have to give in...

Basically, you just have to be willing to bend the truth a little bit. For example, my mom lives in an apartment building and the whole apartment building has Comcast, and you can't get Direct TV there even if you wanted it. I could probably sign up in my Mom's name with her address and everything would be just fine. I would just use her account on my PC. I don't think they are going to send an investigative team to check on everybody, lol. This promotion is designed as a partnership between EA and the NFL, to probably get a bunch of Madden fans to try Sunday Ticket for one year, thinking that those fans will get hooked by the product, and then they will pay the full price the following year.

The truth is, probably at least half of the people that get the free NFL fix this year will be lifelong customers to Sunday Ticket, so it's worth it to the NFL to do this. Direct TV probably thinks they will get extra customers to sign up for the full service, because many people will think they need to sing up for Direct TV to get the deal. EA benefits by automatically selling 100,000 copies to people trying to watch Sunday Ticket on the cheap. Everybody wins!
post #23 of 77 Old 05-20-2013, 11:46 PM
AVS Special Member

well, I'd only get it temporarily until it's no longer free. there are free streaming sites (illegal) that's good enough for me right now (and I don't have to worry about blackouts). but I would like an HD version that's reliable only if free. I'd rather pour the money into some video games. smile.gif

do you think I'd have to bend the truth? I can imagine they have a prompt early on: address. I enter my address and it says, "sorry, this promotion doesn't apply to your area. You can subscribe to DirectTV. Contact xxxx-xxxx-xxxx."
post #24 of 77 Old 05-21-2013, 08:25 AM

Liked: 11
Anyone know if the sunday ticket internet streaming is subject to blackout rules?
post #25 of 77 Old 05-21-2013, 08:34 AM
AVS Addicted Member

There's no way for them to check to see if you "qualify for DirecTV or not". I looked into that same stipulation a couple of years ago when the $299 Sunday Ticket offer was first announced on the PS3.

Its literally a yes or no question (no explanation neeeded) of rather you can recieve DirecTV service or not. I was all prepared to say that my apt does not face the SW region needed to hit the satellite signal used by DirecTV and never even made it that far. There's also a need for a "clearview" of the SW region.. which would mean a tree, building, structure, etc could be blocking your view. Either way the question simply asked can you recieve DirecTV at your residence and had a radio button to select YES or NO. I of course selected NO.

www.facebook.com/Daekwan
post #26 of 77 Old 05-21-2013, 09:19 AM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by kev0ut View Post

Anyone know if the sunday ticket internet streaming is subject to blackout rules?

If the game is broadcast on a local affiliate (FOX/CBS), then the Sunday ticket channels will not show that game. You can check what games qualify as "local" here:

http://the506.com/nflmaps/

The Thursday night, Sunday Night, and Monday night games are not shown via Sunday ticket channels.

As far as if the game is shown on Sunday Ticket when it is blacked out locally due to stadium not selling out, I have no idea.

Quote:

There's no way for them to check to see if you "qualify for DirecTV or not". I looked into that same stipulation a couple of years ago when the $299 Sunday Ticket offer was first announced on the PS3.

Its literally a yes or no question (no explanation neeeded) of rather you can recieve DirecTV service or not. I was all prepared to say that my apt does not face the SW region needed to hit the satellite signal used by DirecTV and never even made it that far. There's also a need for a "clearview" of the SW region.. which would mean a tree, building, structure, etc could be blocking your view. Either way the question simply asked can you recieve DirecTV at your residence and had a radio button to select YES or NO. I of course selected NO.

This, same experience on PS3, simple Yes or No question.

post #27 of 77 Old 05-22-2013, 01:46 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

here is a link to a great break-down and review of the Sunday ticket to-go service:

http://www.sportsgeekery.com/28860/reviewing-the-nfl-sunday-ticket-on-ps3-ipad-and-online-experience-for-2012/

post #28 of 77 Old 05-22-2013, 02:10 PM
AKA
Advanced Member

Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Liked: 31
double post
post #29 of 77 Old 05-22-2013, 02:20 PM
AKA
Advanced Member

Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Liked: 31
Quote:

here is a link to a great break-down and review of the Sunday ticket to-go service:

http://www.sportsgeekery.com/28860/reviewing-the-nfl-sunday-ticket-on-ps3-ipad-and-online-experience-for-2012/

There have been complaints about ST streaming over the last two seasons. Reports of hour or two long outages early in the 2011 season. Problems continued into last season as many users reported frequent buffering (despite having sufficient bandwidth). To be fair, it sounds like the worst of the problems were experienced by PC users, so if you're on PS3 or iPad your experience might be better.

If it weren't for this, I myself might be tempted to go in on it with someone who wanted the game itself. If the experience is anything like people had last year or 2011, I'm inclined to pass. It's not like I can request a refund because the streaming is poor.

This is doubly disappointing, because NFL streams seem quite stable in comparison (ST's originates from DTV, apparently).

Edit: Added links
2011:
http://news.cnet.com/8301-17938_105-20104886-1/nfl-sunday-ticket-on-playstation-3-early-fumble/
http://www.sportsgeekery.com/15596/directv-nfl-sunday-ticket-online-service-begins-the-season-with-a-poor-performance/ (same site AND author as the above positive review)
2012:
http://forums.directv.com/pe/elementDisplayRedirect.jsp?elementID=11118214
post #30 of 77 Old 05-22-2013, 02:26 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by AKA View Post

There were a LOT of complaints from PC users trying to access this service over the last two seasons. Reports of hour or two long outages early in the 2011 season. Problems continued into last season as many users, reported frequent buffering (despite having sufficient bandwidth). To be fair, it sounds like the worst of the problems were experienced by PC users, so if you're on PS3 or iPad your experience might be better.

If it weren't for this, I myself might be tempted to go in on it with someone who wanted the game itself. If the experience is anything like people had last year or 2011, it's not worth the time or money.

This is doubly disappointing, because NFL streaming feeds seem quite stable in comparison (the ST stream originates from DTV, apparently).

Edit: Added links to people's experience with it
2011:
http://news.cnet.com/8301-17938_105-20104886-1/nfl-sunday-ticket-on-playstation-3-early-fumble/
http://www.sportsgeekery.com/15596/directv-nfl-sunday-ticket-online-service-begins-the-season-with-a-poor-performance/ (same site AND author as the above positive review)
2012:
http://forums.directv.com/pe/elementDisplayRedirect.jsp?elementID=11118214

Ya, i tried it on my laptop last year and also had bad results, but just on the computer. The quality was bad, and it was very laggy. The iPad, iPhone,a nd PS3 apps were awesome. Seems kinda backwards to me. Hopefully they can figure it out this year and make it work better on PC.

Reply Xbox Area

Tags
Madden Nfl 25 Playstation 4 , Madden Nfl 25 Anniversary Edition

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page