post #6931 of 17041 Old 08-20-2013, 12:32 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 26 Post(s)
Liked: 264
Quote:
Originally Posted by bd2003 View Post

I'm surprised they didn't announce the date, but the post was crystal clear that all these games will be available on launch day. There's two Nov 19th games on that list from two different publishers...if either of them has an exclusivity deal, at least one would have announced it by now.

Not saying it can't come out sooner, but that list is pretty strong evidence given it's source.

Well I was thinking about it and it's entirely possible the next gen versions of the games listed are coming out before their current gen counterparts. Improbable but not impossible. I doubt MS will risk missing the black Friday weekend so if worse comes to worse you have a week or so between PS4 and One launches. Not that bad as it gives each company at least a weekend to not have to fight over dollars. I'd prefer that as a customer personally since I will be getting both.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #6932 of 17041 Old 08-20-2013, 12:37 PM
AVS Addicted Member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 284 Post(s)
Liked: 1393
Quote:
Originally Posted by pcweber111 View Post

Well I was thinking about it and it's entirely possible the next gen versions of the games listed are coming out before their current gen counterparts. Improbable but not impossible. I doubt MS will risk missing the black Friday weekend so if worse comes to worse you have a week or so between PS4 and One launches. Not that bad as it gives each company at least a weekend to not have to fight over dollars. I'd prefer that as a customer personally since I will be getting both.

Yeah, the last thing I wanted is for them to come out on the same day.

Steam/PSN/Xbox Live: Darius510
post #6933 of 17041 Old 08-20-2013, 12:57 PM

Quoted: 7 Post(s)
Liked: 22
Quote:

I'm surprised they didn't announce the date, but the post was crystal clear that all these games will be available on launch day. There's two Nov 19th games on that list from two different publishers...if either of them has an exclusivity deal, at least one would have announced it by now.

Not saying it can't come out sooner, but that list is pretty strong evidence given it's source.

I don't know that we can use those launch day titles as an indication that the X1 isn't coming out prior to their release. The PS4 is releasing Nov 15th and yet many sites consider Watch Dogs a launch day title - in fact, Amazon has a launch day bundle with a PS4 and Watch Dogs. I would wager a guess that Microsoft was waiting to announce a date so they could be certain to beat Sony to the punch. I'd be surprised if they didn't release before the 15th.
DaverJ likes this.
post #6934 of 17041 Old 08-20-2013, 01:08 PM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 116
My current prediction is that they will announce the release date tomorrow during the Gamescon keynote! (At least I really hope they do...)

"Live to Win!"
XBL: RandomNinjaAtk

- Personal Blog

- Domain Names, Web Hosting, Email Hosting and more
post #6935 of 17041 Old 08-20-2013, 01:19 PM

Liked: 832
Quote:
Originally Posted by rjackson02 View Post

I don't know that we can use those launch day titles as an indication that the X1 isn't coming out prior to their release. The PS4 is releasing Nov 15th and yet many sites consider Watch Dogs a launch day title - in fact, Amazon has a launch day bundle with a PS4 and Watch Dogs. I would wager a guess that Microsoft was waiting to announce a date so they could be certain to beat Sony to the punch. I'd be surprised if they didn't release before the 15th.

They cut their release regions from 22 countries to 13. I think if that says anything, they need all the time they can without giving Sony an advantage. An extra week of assembly and shipping to market isn't nothing, and the week later release isn't a big deal tactically IMO.

If they're going for the 15th or sooner, there's going to be a lot of XBox fans left standing in line IMO.
post #6936 of 17041 Old 08-20-2013, 01:23 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 13 Post(s)
Liked: 497
I don't think it makes that much of a difference unless you can beat the competitor's release by at least a few months. Making a difference of a week, couple weeks, etc. That's nothing. I think you would need a 6 month head start to really make a difference. Consoles are a marathon. Not a sprint.
post #6937 of 17041 Old 08-20-2013, 01:27 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 16 Post(s)
Liked: 258
Quote:
Originally Posted by RandomNinjaAtk View Post

My current prediction is that they will announce the release date tomorrow during the Gamescon keynote! (At least I really hope they do...)

Ummm... the keynote was this morning at 4am. Didn't really announce much of anything.
freemeat likes this.

Xbox Gamertag/PSN ID: RemoWilliams84

"I started out with nothing, and I still got most of it." -Seasick Steve

post #6938 of 17041 Old 08-20-2013, 01:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RemoWilliams84 View Post

Ummm... the keynote was this morning at 4am. Didn't really announce much of anything.

Are you sure? From my understanding the Gamescom Keynote is on the 21st. I just checked the time zones and the current time in Berlin is: Tuesday, August 20, 2013 at 10:31:39 PM CEST

According to Xbox Wire:
Quote:
Phil will help kick off gamescom in the keynote at the opening ceremony on Aug. 21, supporting this year’s leading theme of the fair, “Next generation gaming”.

Source:http://news.xbox.com/2013/08/xbox-one-gamescom

So I think you are mistaking the private event MS was hosting for the Gamescom keynote! I look forward to the keynote tomorrow, which should be available for streaming???
onlysublime likes this.

"Live to Win!"

- Personal Blog

post #6939 of 17041 Old 08-20-2013, 01:35 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 16 Post(s)
Liked: 258
Maybe you're right. I though the private thing this morning was all they were doing. Hope we do get a date tomorrow then.

Xbox Gamertag/PSN ID: RemoWilliams84

"I started out with nothing, and I still got most of it." -Seasick Steve

post #6940 of 17041 Old 08-20-2013, 01:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by onlysublime View Post

I don't think it makes that much of a difference unless you can beat the competitor's release by at least a few months. Making a difference of a week, couple weeks, etc. That's nothing. I think you would need a 6 month head start to really make a difference. Consoles are a marathon. Not a sprint.

A month might be bragging rights, but it's still trivial IMO. Plus most of the big next gen games are slated for late Nov anyways. No real reason to launch early and only have 1-2 games attached to your system for weeks.
post #6941 of 17041 Old 08-20-2013, 01:36 PM
AVS Addicted Member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 284 Post(s)
Liked: 1393
Quote:
Originally Posted by RemoWilliams84 View Post

Maybe you're right. I though the private thing this morning was all they were doing. Hope we do get a date tomorrow then.

Yeah, I thought the thing in the morning actually was the keynote. I just woke up and there was a ton of Xbox news.

If they're just waiting to react to Sony, then we should get a date really soon.

Steam/PSN/Xbox Live: Darius510
post #6942 of 17041 Old 08-20-2013, 01:43 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
Quoted: 157 Post(s)
Liked: 713
Quote:
Originally Posted by TyrantII View Post

Sonys got music and cross game party chat finally and MS is finally sucking up to Indys and allows you to do whatever you want with your purchased games.

Competition is a very good thing! Let's keep it up!

very true, competition is great for everyone!
post #6943 of 17041 Old 08-20-2013, 01:44 PM

Keynote is typically the day before the floor opens, which was today.

I think people are confusing the Keynote and the smaller press only press conference also held this morning and wrapping the info up into one big event.
post #6944 of 17041 Old 08-20-2013, 01:51 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:

A month might be bragging rights, but it's still trivial IMO. Plus most of the big next gen games are slated for late Nov anyways. No real reason to launch early and only have 1-2 games attached to your system for weeks.

yeah, agree. though there are a great number of day one launch titles. more than I expected.

but I bet Amazon and Gamestop were hoping for some time between current-gen title releases and next-gen releases. So that you buy the 360 copy of COD and then upgrade to the One copy. Same thing for any of the stat-based games like BF4, FIFA14, etc. If the releases are on top of each other, it makes no difference to the gamer unless then really want to double-dip on achievements. Most gamers rather would want the lead time in order to rank up and learn the game modes and maps. You could get a nice head start on the guy that starts off at ground zero on a next-gen console. Plus, you get to play games that entire time! smile.gif

Releasing earlier doesn't make that much more money for Amazon/Gamestop because of the supply constraints so whether you sell out in mid November or mid December, doesn't really matter.
post #6945 of 17041 Old 08-20-2013, 01:52 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 348
Quote:

Keynote is typically the day before the floor opens, which was today.

I think people are confusing the Keynote and the smaller press only press conference also held this morning and wrapping the info up into one big event.
Yeah, the keynote is on the 21st and the floor opens to the public on the 22nd. See http://www.gamescom-cologne.com/en/gamescom/fuer_alle/termine_oeffnungszeiten/gamescom_termine.php

"Never believe any quote you read on the internet." - Abraham Lincoln
post #6946 of 17041 Old 08-20-2013, 01:59 PM
Super Moderator

Quoted: 75 Post(s)
Liked: 270
More inflammatory posts removed. Thread ban issued.

Don't know how many times I have to say: This thread is for intelligent discussion of the Xbox One only. Any personal attacks, snide remarks or other trolling will result in being banned from the thread.
onlysublime likes this.

Walking the fine line between jaw-dropping and a plain ol' yawn.
post #6947 of 17041 Old 08-20-2013, 02:03 PM
Advanced Member

Liked: 68
Quote:

yeah, agree. though there are a great number of day one launch titles. more than I expected.

but I bet Amazon and Gamestop were hoping for some time between current-gen title releases and next-gen releases. So that you buy the 360 copy of COD and then upgrade to the One copy. Same thing for any of the stat-based games like BF4, FIFA14, etc. If the releases are on top of each other, it makes no difference to the gamer unless then really want to double-dip on achievements. Most gamers rather would want the lead time in order to rank up and learn the game modes and maps. You could get a nice head start on the guy that starts off at ground zero on a next-gen console. Plus, you get to play games that entire time! smile.gif

Releasing earlier doesn't make that much more money for Amazon/Gamestop because of the supply constraints so whether you sell out in mid November or mid December, doesn't really matter.

The only game I'd buy that I plan on getting on the xbone is Ghosts. Just because I couldn't help myself.

Xbox Live/PSN: bucwylde23

Daekwan: What makes a grown man want to be a troll like this?

coyote_5:

post #6948 of 17041 Old 08-20-2013, 02:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeremy Anderson View Post

Yeah, the keynote is on the 21st and the floor opens to the public on the 22nd. See http://www.gamescom-cologne.com/en/gamescom/fuer_alle/termine_oeffnungszeiten/gamescom_termine.php

Must have got my intertubes crossed, thanks! I blame joystick...

So, release date tomorrow then!
post #6949 of 17041 Old 08-20-2013, 02:29 PM

Quote:

Must have got my intertubes crossed, thanks! I blame joystick...

So, release date tomorrow then!

With MS giving the keynote tomorrow, they have the opportunity to drop a few more bombs on Sony. But I'm hoping for at least the release date....

"Live to Win!"

- Personal Blog

post #6950 of 17041 Old 08-20-2013, 03:31 PM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 16
Quote:

I am being objective about it. Its a perfectly fine headset in both 360 and BT mode. I only bought it because it was one of the few MS accessories that had some compatibility outside of it's own little bubble, and it's been great. I flick a switch and it goes from 360 mode to PS3 mode. Now it's only useful on the PS4 next gen. Not the end of the world but it leaves a bad taste in my mouth. 

I would have been fine with them breaking compatibility with 360 peripherals for a move towards using open standards.  Instead they just created another proprietary standard. It's super lame. They can make whatever super snazzy wireless protocols they want, and still offer broader compatibility, just like they did with the 360 headset.

Sony is famous for propretary formats. It's why I've avoided their CE rpoducts (minus the PS3) for the past 20 years. Well, that and being overpriced generally speaking.

"War is an ugly thing, but not the ugliest of things. The decayed and degraded state of moral and patriotic feeling that thinks that nothing is worth war is much worse. The person who has nothing for which he is willing to fight, nothing which is more important than his own personal safety, is a...
post #6951 of 17041 Old 08-20-2013, 03:40 PM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 16
Speaking of "reimagined games", I truly hope they remake PGR2. I'm not even planning on buying the X1, but that would get me on board. Actually, I don't want them to reimagine it, I want them to totally copy it.

"War is an ugly thing, but not the ugliest of things. The decayed and degraded state of moral and patriotic feeling that thinks that nothing is worth war is much worse. The person who has nothing for which he is willing to fight, nothing which is more important than his own personal safety, is a...
post #6952 of 17041 Old 08-20-2013, 03:40 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 76 Post(s)
Liked: 377
I am pretty sure this was the briefing Microsoft was talking about giving.

http://www.gamespot.com/events/gamescom-2013/microsoft-gamescom-2013-conference-6413265/
post #6953 of 17041 Old 08-20-2013, 03:46 PM

Quote:

With MS giving the keynote tomorrow, they have the opportunity to drop a few more bombs on Sony. But I'm hoping for at least the release date....

They should go all out and drop the #truthfacts

2013_%2525208_19_22_10.png
post #6954 of 17041 Old 08-20-2013, 05:02 PM
AVS Special Member

quick question, i watched the titanfall vid. and i thought it was competitive MP only? it didn't seem like a MP video??
post #6955 of 17041 Old 08-20-2013, 05:08 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by benjamin-benjami View Post

quick question, i watched the titanfall vid. and i thought it was competitive MP only? it didn't seem like a MP video??

it was never directly stated that it was multiplayer only. what was said was that there was no story campaign which people interpreted as meaning multiplayer only.

it could very well be a bunch of co-op missions instead of a story campaign.
post #6956 of 17041 Old 08-20-2013, 05:27 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:

it was never directly stated that it was multiplayer only. what was said was that there was no story campaign which people interpreted as meaning multiplayer only.

it could very well be a bunch of co-op missions instead of a story campaign.

ahhh that makes more sense.. thanks

man this is frustrating, not sure which console i will pay for MP, sony or ms.. it has been so long so i don't remember, but how far before release do the consoles show up in stores to demo? i really want to feel both controllers...

also what do people think the chance is of selling the K2 on craigslist or something??
post #6957 of 17041 Old 08-20-2013, 06:20 PM
AVS Special Member

IGN's impressions:
Jeremy Anderson and jrseau55 like this.
post #6958 of 17041 Old 08-20-2013, 09:45 PM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 45
Quote:

Quote:

MS could drop a MOAB on Sony by giving anyone who purchases the 360 version of COD, BF4, FIFA14 etc., etc., a code for a digital download of that game on the XB1. Save everyone the $10 and the hassle of returning the 360 version of the game.
post #6959 of 17041 Old 08-21-2013, 05:27 AM
Advanced Member

Liked: 12
Anyone know what time this keynote is supposed to happen today? (USA time)

Gamertag: Fargus
Playstation ID: Fargus79
post #6960 of 17041 Old 08-21-2013, 06:17 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 7 Post(s)
Liked: 303
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fargus777 View Post

Anyone know what time this keynote is supposed to happen today? (USA time)

1pm est
Reply Xbox Area

Tags
Monoprice , Xbox One Console Day One Edition

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page