Forum Jump: 
 475Likes

Old 06-06-2013, 11:56 AM
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked: 20
I was thinking about picking up one of those nifty Sony Vita thingies, so I can watch all of the youtube videos of the hacked Xbox 360 Kinects that must be out there.

Say, doesnt the Vita have built in cameras? Uh oh.... I sure hope someone doesnt hack into the Sony network to spy on me from the Vita! Oh... wait...
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-06-2013, 11:59 AM

Quoted: 24 Post(s)
Liked: 37
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rage Guy View Post

So I guess you should be able to provide us all with youtube vids, or links to all of the current Kinect hacked camera xbox 360 vids, right? I mean surely they must be out there!

Hey look! Is that Bigfoot standing next to Elvis across the street?

I guess the 4Play camera must be impervious to this? You know, the console maker that was confirmed to have a security breach and all that, but Sony gets a free pass here... And its irrelevant if they include the camera with the 4Play or not, because it seems like it will have a pretty decent install base regardless.

There will be a ton of videos available of people simply playing games. I have a friend thats all he does is watch other people playing games. Now it will be easy to take videos of you playing video games. I just wonder if you can have a little thumbnail in the corner of you playing the games and your reactions.
Old 06-06-2013, 12:04 PM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked: 20
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arcadia88 View Post

There will be a ton of videos available of people simply playing games. I have a friend thats all he does is watch other people playing games. Now it will be easy to take videos of you playing video games. I just wonder if you can have a little thumbnail in the corner of you playing the games and your reactions.

Big difference between what a hacked camera video implies versus a feature that is built into most Kinect games. I have several in game action shots taken of me while playing Kinect Adventures that I have shared with friends.
Old 06-06-2013, 12:18 PM
AVS Addicted Member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 1116 Post(s)
Liked: 810
Quote:

Big difference between what a hacked camera video implies versus a feature that is built into most Kinect games. I have several in game action shots taken of me while playing Kinect Adventures that I have shared with friends.

I find those shots of me to be horrifying embarrassing biggrin.gif. I wish the games which show them would give an option to suppress them.

Mike Scott (XBL: MikeHellion, PSN: MarcHellion)

"Think of the cable company as a group of terrorist (sic)." -- hookbill
Old 06-06-2013, 12:28 PM
Yrd
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Quoted: 195 Post(s)
Liked: 202
I wonder if they will release a similar controller for the 360. I'd jump on that. Some things can't transfer over of course but the general design could be.

XBL Gamertag- Yrd
PSN - Yerd

Steam - Yrd

Old 06-06-2013, 12:31 PM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 832
Quote:

I guess the 4Play camera must be impervious to this? You know, the console maker that was confirmed to have a security breach and all that, but Sony gets a free pass here... And its irrelevant if they include the camera with the 4Play or not, because it seems like it will have a pretty decent install base regardless.

Live has also had a security breach and downtime too. Think it was 07? 08?

The big difference between 4Play camera and the XBone’s is MS has the damn thing listening and watching ALL THE TIME. One would hope it’s not storing any of that data, but we do know it’s always one because it has to be to work with the features they’re promoting. Your system will not work with it off or unplugged.

I don’t know about you, but I’m thinking hackers are going to take that as a challenge to prove why that’s a terrible idea. And when they do, the outrage from the traditional media and parents is going to be apocalyptic. Why bother? Why not simply allow it to be turned off, and disconnected if you want it to be?

Anyways, Sony doesn’t have that, nor have they shown any want to bake in Move support into the DNA of their console. The official DS4/PS4 video also makes it sound like atleast one SKU won’t have the Move bundeled with it either, going by the legal wordage at the end. And in the End, why does any argument have to end up at the “but, but, but Sony”…

What Sony does is what Sonys does and has no effect on the bad policy MS is making, nor what they do is a justification. Why even form an argument like that? If MS is doing putting anti-consumer ideas into their products, potential customers should give them hell about it regardless of what Sony is doing. If Sony tries it, give them hell too!
TeflonSoul likes this.
Old 06-06-2013, 12:31 PM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 46
Anyone else think they will do a summer lunch to get a jump on sony?
Old 06-06-2013, 12:34 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 7 Post(s)
Liked: 180
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ripeer View Post

No
Old 06-06-2013, 12:35 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 69 Post(s)
Liked: 466
Quote:
Originally Posted by TyrantII View Post

Live has also had a security breach and downtime too. Think it was 07? 08?quote]

Live went down and was intermitted for 2 weeks in 07 during Xmas due to the increase in consumers during that time. It had nothing to do with a breach.

The 5.0 is here
Old 06-06-2013, 12:36 PM
AVS Addicted Member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 1116 Post(s)
Liked: 810
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yrd View Post

I wonder if they will release a similar controller for the 360. I'd jump on that. Some things can't transfer over of course but the general design could be.
A 360 pad with all of the physical design improvements would be terrific.

Mike Scott (XBL: MikeHellion, PSN: MarcHellion)

"Think of the cable company as a group of terrorist (sic)." -- hookbill
Old 06-06-2013, 12:37 PM

Liked: 832
Quote:

not if the rumors are true.
Old 06-06-2013, 12:39 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 11 Post(s)
Quoted: 198 Post(s)
Liked: 741
Quote:

no
Old 06-06-2013, 12:40 PM
AVS Addicted Member

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 501 Post(s)
Liked: 1482
Quote:

not if the rumors are true.

Didn't they straight up say coming this holiday season at the reveal?

Steam/PSN/Xbox Live: Darius510
Old 06-06-2013, 12:42 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 26 Post(s)
Liked: 265
Yeah, the Saturn should be reminder enough on why not to do a surprise early launch just to get a leg up on the competition.
Old 06-06-2013, 12:47 PM
AVS Addicted Member

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 501 Post(s)
Liked: 1482
Quote:
Originally Posted by pcweber111 View Post

Yeah, the Saturn should be reminder enough on why not to do a surprise early launch just to get a leg up on the competition.

It'd be a little less crazy than the Saturn...back then, the Internet wasn't really a thing. Practically no one had any idea it came out.

Steam/PSN/Xbox Live: Darius510
Old 06-06-2013, 12:54 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 137 Post(s)
Liked: 598

This is a guy from Giant Bomb. Not sure if this is happening with all 1 on 1 interviews.
Old 06-06-2013, 12:55 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 348
Quote:

Anyways, Sony doesn’t have that, nor have they shown any want to bake in Move support into the DNA of their console. The official DS4/PS4 video also makes it sound like atleast one SKU won’t have the Move bundeled with it either, going by the legal wordage at the end. And in the End, why does any argument have to end up at the “but, but, but Sony”…

What Sony does is what Sonys does and has no effect on the bad policy MS is making, nor what they do is a justification. Why even form an argument like that? If MS is doing putting anti-consumer ideas into their products, potential customers should give them hell about it regardless of what Sony is doing. If Sony tries it, give them hell too!
Well, we don't know what Sony has yet for sure. They haven't said whether it comes with the camera... or whether it's required to play games, though they did say that part of the purpose of the lightbar on the new controller was so the camera could track its location. Whether that will be required remains to be seen, and anything else is just supposition (which of course we're all doing, because INTERNETS). Personally, I want these things to be ubiquitous, because otherwise no one takes advantage of the innovations they could bring to gaming. I don't want the status quo... I want something NEW. And if these new systems were just the same old song and dance with slightly shinier graphics, that's a failure to me. Microsoft requiring Kinect 2 means that we might actually see it get used in some cool ways that aren't just the tired old Dance Central type stuff. I particularly look forward to seeing voice commands used in ways that console games really haven't been able to match PC on, such as quick access to inventory items in RPGs. With a PC, you have a whole keyboard to work with... but if I can have the buttons on my controller AND use my voice CONSISTENTLY (that being the key word - Kinect 1 was iffy) for other functions, I like the idea of that. I can see that being very cool in the right developer's hands, and making it required for the system means developers know the option is there for the entire install base.

As far as why Sony gets brought into the discussion, I think it's because people see them right now as a white knight compared to Microsoft, because they said their console will play used games (even if they didn't explain HOW it will play used games yet). And if they launch around the same time, it is a dogfight between these two systems - the so-called "console war" we've all seen in the past. It's unavoidable.

"Never believe any quote you read on the internet." - Abraham Lincoln
Old 06-06-2013, 12:57 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 137 Post(s)
Liked: 598
I love using Redbox (I can see developers especially hating Redbox.) and used games. Though if Rebox went away for games I'd be fine with that but used games would annoy me quite a bit more.
Old 06-06-2013, 01:04 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Liked: 561
Quote:
Originally Posted by freemeat View Post

This is a guy from Giant Bomb. Not sure if this is happening with all 1 on 1 interviews.
Looks like Microsoft wants complete control of the press on this one, no more accidental leaks or slips of the tongue, just what they want us to know.

PSN - Pendragoongp
NNID - Pendragoon
Include your AVS username in the friend request.
Old 06-06-2013, 01:19 PM
AVS Special Member

Videogame

Microsoft confident there will be no repeat of the Red Ring of Death.

Xbox One won't suffer from reliability issues, Microsoft Studios corporate vice president Phil Spencer has told Edge magazine.

The Red Ring of Death was a major issue for Microsoft in the early days of the Xbox 360, with the platform holder forced to offer extended warranties to customers as a result of an unacceptable failure rate.

However, it's these issues which have given the Xbox One team the knowledge to create a much more reliable box.

"The previous Xbox was Trinity [what we know as the Xbox 360 Slim] and our success rate on Trinity was very high," said Spencer. "We learned a ton from the 360 launch and we took care of our customers with the extended warranty, but I think Trinity is telling.

"Xbox One is built by the same Trinity team with the same learning that went from 360 into Trinity, and I'm confident in the quality of the new box."

The 5.0 is here
Old 06-06-2013, 01:26 PM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 287
Are we still talking about the kinect "always watching you" thing. Did everyone forget that MS said there will be privacy settings? Or are we just supposed to stay with the same paranoid **** for as long as possible?
Lord Flatus likes this.

XBL: xGunner26x

PSN: AMER1CAN_GUNNER

Steam: xGunner26x

Old 06-06-2013, 01:28 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Liked: 561
Quote:
Originally Posted by americangunner View Post

Are we still talking about the kinect "always watching you" thing. Did everyone forget that MS said there will be privacy settings? Or are we just supposed to stay with the same paranoid **** for as long as possible?

Privacy settings mean nothing if a hacker can gain remote access to your system and the Kinect video feed.

PSN - Pendragoongp
NNID - Pendragoon
Include your AVS username in the friend request.
Old 06-06-2013, 01:31 PM
AVS Special Member

Just sad.

The 5.0 is here
Old 06-06-2013, 01:35 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by PENDRAG0ON View Post

Privacy settings mean nothing if a hacker can gain remote access to your system and the Kinect video feed.
So you are paranoid that some hacker is going to break into your xbox and remote in to your kinect?

Old 06-06-2013, 01:35 PM
AVS Addicted Member

Liked: 335
Quote:

Save your breath.

I was hoping to check this thread and find some truly new information. But with the exception of a few posts here and there (like the one about the controller features) nothing has changed in this since the 5/21 announcement and alot of posts are the same ones that got the original "Nextbox" thread closed. The same individuals that are either that paranoid that someone really wants to watch them all day.. or are trolling the thread pretending to be that paranoid.. will continue to sprew the same info over & over. Cant do much about freedom of speech, and what an individual chooses to believe. Common sense would dictate there is a way to turn the camera off, disable it all together and remove it completely from the system. I have no doubt the XB1 will be able to function without Kinect running.

With E3 just days away.. hopefully by Monday evening this thread will have some meaningful information besides the same old typical I dont want Kinect looking at me posts & cant I play my used games.

Xbox Live & PSN gamertag- Daekwan
www.facebook.com/Daekwan
Old 06-06-2013, 01:37 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 114 Post(s)
Liked: 587
Quote:

paranoia on a message board? expect anything less?
americangunner likes this.
Old 06-06-2013, 01:40 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daekwan View Post

Save your breath.

The same individuals that are either that paranoid.. or trolling the thread pretending to be that paranoid.. will continue to sprew the same info over & over.

Common sense would dictate there is a way to turn the camera off, disable it all together and remove it completely from the system. I have no doubt the XB1 will be able to function without Kinect running.
What I do find funny is that most of the people constantly spreading it are people that don't even own a 360. I understand that it's not a requirement, but I just find it funny. I don't have a nintendo system and don't care for nintendo, so I don't spend any time in the nintendo forum. Maybe I am doing it wrong.
pcweber111 and Lord Flatus like this.

Old 06-06-2013, 01:41 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 5 Post(s)
Liked: 43
http://semiaccurate.com/2012/09/04/microsoft-xbox-next-delay-rumors-abound/

The yield problems have been rumored for quite a while now... GAF's insider (CBOAT) info is enough for me. I was planning on preordering both the PS4 and XB1, but I'm gonna wait on the XB1 now (hopefully, there won't be any reliability issues for you undeterred early adopters). Personally, I would prefer a delayed launch (rather than a lowered GPU clock-speed), since the PS4 will be my primary console anyways.
Old 06-06-2013, 01:46 PM
AVS Addicted Member

Liked: 335
Quote:

What I do find funny is that most of the people constantly spreading it are people that don't even own a 360. I understand that it's not a requirement, but I just find it funny. I don't have a nintendo system and don't care for nintendo, so I don't spend any time in the nintendo forum. Maybe I am doing it wrong.

I'm hoping the PS4 launches like next week.

That way all these guys from the Playstation forum (who havent posted in the Xbox forum since the 360 was launched) will finally have something else to do, than to come to Xbox and "pretend" they are so disappointed with the Xbox announcement. Reality is they dont even own or use a 360.. and reality is no matter what was announced by MS.. they were not going to purchase a next gen Xbox.

Xbox Live & PSN gamertag- Daekwan
www.facebook.com/Daekwan
Old 06-06-2013, 01:48 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikazaru View Post

http://semiaccurate.com/2012/09/04/microsoft-xbox-next-delay-rumors-abound/

The yield problems have been rumored for quite a while now... GAF's insider (CBOAT) info is enough for me. I was planning on preordering both the PS4 and XB1, but I'm gonna wait on the XB1 now (hopefully, there won't be any reliability issues for you undeterred early adopters). Personally, I would prefer a delayed launch (rather than a lowered GPU clock-speed), since the PS4 will be my primary console anyways.
Well, a delay or a chance that the new systems will be crap would make it easy for me to choose which one to start the generation out with. I think MS would have to be very careful with what they do. Push out systems that aren't up to snuff, and they have a very good chance of alienating people and never getting momentum going.

Tags
Monoprice , Xbox One Console Day One Edition