The Official Xbox One thread... - Page 265 - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 
 65Likes
Reply
 
Thread Tools
post #7921 of 16212 Old 09-13-2013, 10:42 AM
 
TyrantII's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: Boston
Posts: 10,114
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 832
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeremy Anderson View Post

Actually, no it isn't. Scott Lowe wasn't the only one to throw that out there... Giant Bomb straight out said on one of their recent podcasts that they picked up the box and it was an empty shell with a light in it and only one cable going to it for power, and that was when Sony was showing at either GamesCom or PAX. They then said there was a devkit running under the stand it was on.

No, that was all Lowe. I think you misconstruing Lowes claim with Giantbomb commenting on 3rd parties showing PC versions and being mum on what they were running them on. Here's what Giant Bomb said when talking about 3rd party games:
Quote:
“Developers have plenty of good reasons to be showing games running on PCs, that’s a totally normal thing. It’s been really weird to watch Internet… everybody is freaking out about games running on PCs… plenty of PS4 games were running on PCs… all the demos of PS4 that I saw were running on PCs.”

And he's right. Same deal on Xbone, and really nothing new. We've yet to see BF4 or COD on next gen consoles yet as well.

But that wasn't the case for the first/second party games at E3 or Gamescom. MS ran into trouble at E3 for showing their 3rd party exclusives on high end PC rigs, but did have them running on dev kits and retail units at gamescom as well.

The concern wasn't over what 3rd party's continue to do (show their best versions at trade shows), but that console manufactures themselves were misleading the state and ability of their hardware. MS stepped up at Gamescom, and Sony was already there at E3.



As for the rest, that's what fun about new hardware. All this discussion and conjecture!
TyrantII is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #7922 of 16212 Old 09-13-2013, 10:42 AM
Advanced Member
 
JediMastr's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2001
Location: Washington, TX USA
Posts: 992
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 10 Post(s)
Liked: 61
Wow, here we go with the FUD again...and yes, posting FUD you heard somewhere else as "information", is the definition of "spreading" FUD. Let's put this all to rest--the PS4 is technically better spec'd. 3rd party games might look or run better than the XB1 versions, or they might look or run worse...it's up to the devs. Thus, it's a game by game thing. The good news is, if specs are THE deciding factor for you, you can have the better spec'd console for $100 less--the "EVEN BETTER" news is, you're not locked out of buying the so called lesser spec'd console also. Now tell me, if you are likely to end up buying both consoles...what does arguing specs accomplish??? Are people hoping that--somehow--by crowning the PS4, that the XB1 will lose all of it's exclusives and you'll be able to play them on the PS4??? Is that why people champion their favorite consoles so much? Without exclusives, what would be the point in making a high-end console? And if the other guy stops making consoles...good or bad?

All of this back and forth about specs makes me wonder if that's why video games aren't as fun as they used to be IMHO. We all like to be floored by graphics, effects, and sound--but are we having as much fun?

I remember back when the 360 was announced, and they had trailers of Mass Effect...jaw=dropped. I knew I was going to get the 360 for that game alone. I played it, I beat it, it was a good looking game...it wasn't much fun though. Got the 2nd one--I played it, I beat it, it too was a good looking game...it wasn't much fun though. 3rd one comes out and I don't even bother buying it.

Uncharted...wow that looks gorgeous! I played it, I beat it...wasn't much fun. Uncharted 2--played it, beat it...fun? not really. 3rd Uncharted? Not interested.

All of the 1st person shooter type games--I try a few out, and then get bored. That first Halo game for the 360 (Halo 3 I think?)--Towards the end, I just started running/jumping through to the checkpoints, without fighting the whatever-they-were, because I just wanted to end it--enough already.

Some of the best reviewed games, like "The Last of Us"--it looks great, might even be a great story experience--but that game does NOT look fun to play AT ALL...so I decided to pass on that one.

Don't get wrong...some of those games might be considered "good" games because of the eye and ear candy, multiplayer, story, as well as the challenge--but if I beat them, it's mostly because I paid $60, not because I was having a lot of fun.

The games that I thought were "fun" for the current generation were games like:

Heavenly Sword--using the 6-axis control to guide arrows and whatnot, and button mashing not knowing what in the heck I was doing, but killing dozens and dozens of enemies...it was fun.

Assassin's Creed--not so much for the way it was supposed to be played, but because of the things I could do just for fun....trying to escape by running up and over buildings, and piling up bodies in the middle of the street and stealthily killing the people that stopped to gawk at the dead bodies lol...it was fun.

The Force Unleashed--let's face it, force gripping storm troopers and slinging them all over the place?...that was rather enjoyable.

Racing games in general are fun because I like to see where I can drive off track... or crazy tracks like Track Mania--but I think that's just on PC?

I see some potential in the XB1--there might be some fun to be had there...some cool experiences. It's not because of my faith in the "ESRAM" or "DDR3" or "GPU/CPU cores" or whatever else being able to compete with the PS4's specs. When the PS4 gives me that fun/gimmicky/cool impression, I'll grab one--but for now, it just gives me the "more powerful than the PS3" impression.

thread closed
JediMastr is offline  
post #7923 of 16212 Old 09-13-2013, 10:48 AM
AVS Special Member
 
Smigro's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Pennsyltucky
Posts: 1,818
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 8 Post(s)
Liked: 94
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr.Savage View Post

Ahh good. sorry tried to edit my post but couldn't...was stuck in a loop. oh well. found this link for static IP for Xbox for any that may be interested:

http://portforward.com/networking/staticip-xbox360.htm

also, since you are good with Open Nat, here is a link for cache:

http://support.xbox.com/en-US/xbox-360/settings-and-initial-setup/clear-system-cache

this site also discusses what you will lose. so game updates only, which depending on the game might be a little annoying, but nothing a little download time won't fix.

Post back, or send me a message and let me know if it works for you biggrin.gif

I will have to do this when I get home...I will report back with my findings.
Smigro is offline  
post #7924 of 16212 Old 09-13-2013, 10:51 AM
AVS Special Member
 
Smigro's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Pennsyltucky
Posts: 1,818
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 8 Post(s)
Liked: 94
Quote:
Originally Posted by Daekwan View Post

As other's said. First thing to do is to run the Xbox networking test. It will tell you if you router has any issues with NAT or other internet connection concerns.

While I havent personally experienced any problems with XBL, I would have to believe that if XBL was as problematic for everyone as it may be for you. That alot more people would be complaining about it. That makes me believe its an issue with your connection and not the overall service.

I hear you man, but I have run the thing on the dashboard and I never get any errors and I know it is just people on my friends list, but it is more than just me having these issues. Like someone said earlier it could be someone else in the party causing the party drops, but it does not explain why it sometimes takes 45 seconds to a minute from the time I power up my console until it logs into XBL. I am thinking it may be a cache thing since i am pretty sure it has been a while since I cleared that.
Smigro is offline  
post #7925 of 16212 Old 09-13-2013, 11:09 AM
AVS Special Member
 
Jeremy Anderson's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Location: Mobile, AL
Posts: 1,681
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 348
Quote:
Originally Posted by Smigro View Post

I hear you man, but I have run the thing on the dashboard and I never get any errors and I know it is just people on my friends list, but it is more than just me having these issues. Like someone said earlier it could be someone else in the party causing the party drops, but it does not explain why it sometimes takes 45 seconds to a minute from the time I power up my console until it logs into XBL. I am thinking it may be a cache thing since i am pretty sure it has been a while since I cleared that.
Your profile itself could be an issue. Are you using the cloud storage or just local? If just local, try removing your profile from your system and letting it re-download. If you're using the backup to the cloud, that's likely why you're seeing the extended time before login... because it's verifying that the cloud storage and local storage are sync'd.

The only other thing I can think of is that connecting over Wi-Fi seems to be taking a bit longer since the last dashboard update for some reason... but that could be coincidence. My 360 takes a solid 30+ seconds to log in now, whereas it didn't before the dashboard beta and eventual dashboard release. I'm going to be switching back to a wired connection once I finish wiring up my new HT room at my new pad, so no worries for me... but it's something to consider in your case.
Smigro likes this.

"Never believe any quote you read on the internet." - Abraham Lincoln
Jeremy Anderson is offline  
post #7926 of 16212 Old 09-13-2013, 11:17 AM
AVS Special Member
 
Jeremy Anderson's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Location: Mobile, AL
Posts: 1,681
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 348
Quote:
Originally Posted by TyrantII View Post

No, that was all Lowe. I think you misconstruing Lowes claim with Giantbomb commenting on 3rd parties showing PC versions and being mum on what they were running them on. Here's what Giant Bomb said when talking about 3rd party games:
No, it was actually on one of their podcasts, not the site, that they talked about picking up the supposed PS4 and it was just an empty shell with a LED in it to make it look like it was running. But hey, either way... all of this will be irrelevant in the near future anyway. biggrin.gif
Quote:
Originally Posted by TyrantII View Post

As for the rest, that's what fun about new hardware. All this discussion and conjecture!
Well, when it's discussed peacefully like we've been doing here, at least. I really don't understand the people who are so entrenched in one company that they take this stuff like a personal slight, any more than I do the people who have these discussions just so they can get some bizarre sense of superiority for their console choice. Personally, I don't care which box will have the better graphics... I'm in it for the experience, and Microsoft is delivering what I want in that category so far. I do want to get my hands on a PS4 and check it out though... and if they ever release a game I care about, I'll pick one up.

Of course, I say that... but I said that about the PS3 too, and it wasn't until The Last Of Us that I really felt like I was missing out on anything, so it could go the same way this time. (I do wish I could play TLOU though... Just not enough to buy a PS3 this close to new consoles dropping.)
malokevi likes this.

"Never believe any quote you read on the internet." - Abraham Lincoln
Jeremy Anderson is offline  
post #7927 of 16212 Old 09-13-2013, 11:23 AM
AVS Special Member
 
mboojigga's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Little Rock AFB, Arkansas
Posts: 7,919
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 8 Post(s)
Liked: 429
Quote:
Originally Posted by Monger View Post

He had mentioned fios. Your post didn't make much sense in that context.

I still don't see your point. FIOS is high speed and in relation I asked about the modem. It isn't uncommon to find anyone hooked up with anything 50meg or higher and using a DOCSIS 2.0 modem because they didn't know any better just to save money renting the modem from the company. I work with Comcast and we see this all the time for customers that choose to use their own modem.

The 5.0 is here
mboojigga is offline  
post #7928 of 16212 Old 09-13-2013, 11:43 AM
AVS Special Member
 
eq_shadimar's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2001
Location: Plano, TX USA
Posts: 1,155
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 21
Quote:
Originally Posted by mboojigga View Post


I still don't see your point. FIOS is high speed and in relation I asked about the modem. It isn't uncommon to find anyone hooked up with anything 50meg or higher and using a DOCSIS 2.0 modem because they didn't know any better just to save money renting the modem from the company. I work with Comcast and we see this all the time for customers that choose to use their own modem.

 

I think his point is that FIOS does not use a modem.  We get a direct ethernet connection off of the fiber de-mux (ONT) or whatever you want to call it on the side of our houses.

 

Laters,

Jeff


...wake up to find out that you are the eyes of the world...
My HT Construction Thread - Updated Pictures 3/15/07
My 2.35:1 Discussion Thread - Updated Pictures 3/15/07
XBL = eqshadimar
eq_shadimar is offline  
post #7929 of 16212 Old 09-13-2013, 11:50 AM
AVS Special Member
 
barrelbelly's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Posts: 1,624
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 22 Post(s)
Liked: 219
Quote:
Originally Posted by Smigro View Post

This is how I feel and ultimately why I think the PS4 MAY be my go to between the two. I have been in love with the Xbox dash and services for years, but the last few months have been pretty bad. Constantly getting dropped from parties, can't even connect to some friends and constant drops from games have me fuming. I am hoping it is just because they are optimizing things for the XB1.

I'm not disputing what you see in your system. But I agree with others who suggest that your problem is with Verizon. And it may be bandwidth related as they continue to switch customers over to their Quantum ultra high bandwidth service. They may be periodically limiting your bandwidth to lower to entice you to switch over to Quantum. They are not below trying tactics like that to sell the higher priced service. I noticed significant dropouts on all Verizon related services when they launched Quantum in my area. I suggest you do speed/bandwidth tests on all of your device connections and file a complaint with Verizon if you are not getting what you're paying for. I did that and the problem miraculously disappeared.
Smigro likes this.
barrelbelly is offline  
post #7930 of 16212 Old 09-13-2013, 12:07 PM
AVS Special Member
 
Smigro's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Pennsyltucky
Posts: 1,818
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 8 Post(s)
Liked: 94
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeremy Anderson View Post

Your profile itself could be an issue. Are you using the cloud storage or just local? If just local, try removing your profile from your system and letting it re-download. If you're using the backup to the cloud, that's likely why you're seeing the extended time before login... because it's verifying that the cloud storage and local storage are sync'd.

The only other thing I can think of is that connecting over Wi-Fi seems to be taking a bit longer since the last dashboard update for some reason... but that could be coincidence. My 360 takes a solid 30+ seconds to log in now, whereas it didn't before the dashboard beta and eventual dashboard release. I'm going to be switching back to a wired connection once I finish wiring up my new HT room at my new pad, so no worries for me... but it's something to consider in your case.

Well I never purposely set up cloud storage, but I guess I might accidentally done it at some point. Do you know how to check to see if I have cloud storage activated? I did do the dashboard beta but I can't remember if my problems were around before I signed up for that. I run an all wired connection (I do not trust wifi for online gaming) so I know the whole wifi thing is not to blame.

I guess I can add re-downloading my profile to the list of things to check out, but I know anxiety would be kicking with the thought of me messing something up and losing my profile. At least I know I am not the only one that is experiencing long log in times during power up.
Smigro is offline  
post #7931 of 16212 Old 09-13-2013, 12:11 PM
AVS Special Member
 
c.kingsley's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Posts: 1,663
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 10 Post(s)
Liked: 202
If you have a friend nearby with a 360, copy your profile to USB and try it there.
c.kingsley is offline  
post #7932 of 16212 Old 09-13-2013, 12:11 PM
AVS Special Member
 
Smigro's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Pennsyltucky
Posts: 1,818
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 8 Post(s)
Liked: 94
Quote:
Originally Posted by mboojigga View Post

I still don't see your point. FIOS is high speed and in relation I asked about the modem. It isn't uncommon to find anyone hooked up with anything 50meg or higher and using a DOCSIS 2.0 modem because they didn't know any better just to save money renting the modem from the company. I work with Comcast and we see this all the time for customers that choose to use their own modem.

Like me. lol

I had no clue about this and still have no clue what the difference is. I am guessing the 3.0 is better and faster. Might have to give FIOS a shout to come out and put in a new modem along with an aging HD box.
Smigro is offline  
post #7933 of 16212 Old 09-13-2013, 12:13 PM
AVS Special Member
 
Smigro's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Pennsyltucky
Posts: 1,818
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 8 Post(s)
Liked: 94
Quote:
Originally Posted by barrelbelly View Post

I'm not disputing what you see in your system. But I agree with others who suggest that your problem is with Verizon. And it may be bandwidth related as they continue to switch customers over to their Quantum ultra high bandwidth service. They may be periodically limiting your bandwidth to lower to entice you to switch over to Quantum. They are not below trying tactics like that to sell the higher priced service. I noticed significant dropouts on all Verizon related services when they launched Quantum in my area. I suggest you do speed/bandwidth tests on all of your device connections and file a complaint with Verizon if you are not getting what you're paying for. I did that and the problem miraculously disappeared.

That sounds like a plan. Now for the ultra noob question...which websites should I use for such tests?
Smigro is offline  
post #7934 of 16212 Old 09-13-2013, 12:36 PM
AVS Special Member
 
mboojigga's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Little Rock AFB, Arkansas
Posts: 7,919
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 8 Post(s)
Liked: 429
Quote:
Originally Posted by eq_shadimar View Post

I think his point is that FIOS does not use a modem.  We get a direct ethernet connection off of the fiber de-mux (ONT) or whatever you want to call it on the side of our houses.

Laters,
Jeff

He just pointed out the modem/router he is using for his FIOS.

The 5.0 is here
mboojigga is offline  
post #7935 of 16212 Old 09-13-2013, 12:44 PM
AVS Special Member
 
Smigro's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Pennsyltucky
Posts: 1,818
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 8 Post(s)
Liked: 94
Quote:
Originally Posted by mboojigga View Post

He just pointed out the modem/router he is using for his FIOS.

Correct. I have heard of using the fiber de-mux (ONT) or whatever the hell it is, but I also heard you cannot use that in conjunction with the coax line or something and I do not feel like switching it up every time I want to watch TV.
Smigro is offline  
post #7936 of 16212 Old 09-13-2013, 12:56 PM
AVS Special Member
 
mboojigga's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Little Rock AFB, Arkansas
Posts: 7,919
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 8 Post(s)
Liked: 429
Quote:
Originally Posted by Smigro View Post

Correct. I have heard of using the fiber de-mux (ONT) or whatever the hell it is, but I also heard you cannot use that in conjunction with the coax line or something and I do not feel like switching it up every time I want to watch TV.

It is all good. But The reason I mentioned about the router in the first place is because I had a similar issue I am on Comcast 105meg speed and my solution was a simple port change that Xbox Live needs to avoid the issues you had and constant Live disconnecting.

If you can just double check this information with your device. Normally the information for the router is located on the device itself for the IP address to access the admin information.



If you have a firewall or network hardware, such as a router, you might need to make a configuration change in order for your PC or Xbox 360 console to communicate with Xbox Live. This configuration change is sometimes called “opening ports” or "port forwarding."

Xbox Live requires the following ports to be open:
•Port 88 (UDP)

•Port 3074 (UDP and TCP)

•Port 53 (UDP and TCP)

•Port 80 (TCP)


Note If you cannot chat with someone using Video Kinect, you might need to open port 1863 (UDP and TCP).

If you're connected to a network through your workplace or school, ask the network administrator to open the above ports used by Xbox Live.

If you receive a NAT warning when connecting to Xbox Live, please see the Error: Your NAT type is set to strict (or moderate) page.

http://support.xbox.com/en-US/xbox-live/connecting/network-ports-used-xbox-live

The 5.0 is here
mboojigga is offline  
post #7937 of 16212 Old 09-13-2013, 12:58 PM
AVS Special Member
 
spid's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2005
Posts: 3,175
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 19 Post(s)
Liked: 323
Not big, but Ubisoft is creating a new Uplay application for the Xbox One and PS4.
Quote:
"You'll be able to have the same features you have right now on the console experience," head of online services Stephanie Perotti told Digital Spy.

"The thing I can't say - because we're not quite ready to show it, because of next-gen and because of the advancements on the technological side as well - our key focus is to make this experience as simple and seamless as possible.

"The barriers we had on previous generations of consoles go away. It's not like a barrier to go there and to redeem a reward, but it's something we will bring to you naturally in your game."

Read more: http://www.digitalspy.com/gaming/news/a514807/uplay-on-xbox-one-ps4-deeply-integrated-in-game-has-dedicated-app.html#ixzz2enx7OKVf
Follow us: @digitalspy on Twitter | digitalspyuk on Facebook


http://www.digitalspy.com/gaming/news/a514807/uplay-on-xbox-one-ps4-deeply-integrated-in-game-has-dedicated-app.html#ixzz2emmcMhaH
spid is online now  
post #7938 of 16212 Old 09-13-2013, 01:05 PM
Member
 
Dr.Savage's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Posts: 90
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 19
Quote:
Originally Posted by Smigro View Post

Correct. I have heard of using the fiber de-mux (ONT) or whatever the hell it is, but I also heard you cannot use that in conjunction with the coax line or something and I do not feel like switching it up every time I want to watch TV.

I had V run a fiber to router (they did this when I up upped my plan to 150/65). However, I also have the coax. So that is giving me guide data I presume. So to your question, I think it can be. I also, switched out their 5e cable for a shielded 6a (or e can't recall) myself so to keep highest BW between box and my router. Also, have all 6a cables inside for all conections, and switches, etc.

PS: Probably didn't do much, but at least I took away possible weak links in chain for what its worth biggrin.gif
Smigro likes this.
Dr.Savage is offline  
post #7939 of 16212 Old 09-13-2013, 01:09 PM
AVS Special Member
 
eq_shadimar's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2001
Location: Plano, TX USA
Posts: 1,155
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 21
Quote:
Originally Posted by mboojigga View Post


He just pointed out the modem/router he is using for his FIOS.

 

Ugh internet confusion.  You asked if he could bypass the router and go to the modem, Monger said he had FIOS so your question doesn't make sense, you came back and said I don't see your point at which I replied to trying to explain that FIOS does not have modems.  If he wanted to bypass the router he would have to plug in his equipment directly into the ONT (usually on the outside of the house).  The internet doesn't ride on COAX therefore no need for a modem or worrying about DOCSIS versions.  The router that he pictured does have a COAX connection but it is used only to supply guide data to the set top boxes.  It is in use after the internet connection as the video is sent to the set top boxes via a COAX connection off of the ONT.  There is a COAX splitter that attached the router to the COAX "network" to supply the guide data.  There is no user internet traffic transversing the COAX. 

 

Clear as mud? :)

 

Laters,

Jeff


...wake up to find out that you are the eyes of the world...
My HT Construction Thread - Updated Pictures 3/15/07
My 2.35:1 Discussion Thread - Updated Pictures 3/15/07
XBL = eqshadimar
eq_shadimar is offline  
post #7940 of 16212 Old 09-13-2013, 01:30 PM
AVS Special Member
 
Smigro's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Pennsyltucky
Posts: 1,818
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 8 Post(s)
Liked: 94
mboo, I guess I was a little unclear with my situation. I do not experience any real lag in game or internet drops during gameplay. I was talking about when I am in a party of say 4 people everything is butter, but if a couple more people join then we go through the unending cycle of the blah blah blah left party, blah blah blah joined party and it happens all night. I know my crew and I cannot be the only people experiencing this.
Smigro is offline  
post #7941 of 16212 Old 09-13-2013, 02:31 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member
 
RemoWilliams84's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Huntsville, AL
Posts: 1,956
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Liked: 247
Could we move all of the modem, Xbox live issues talk to a relevant thread?
malokevi likes this.

Xbox Gamertag/PSN ID: RemoWilliams84

"I started out with nothing, and I still got most of it." -Seasick Steve

RemoWilliams84 is offline  
post #7942 of 16212 Old 09-13-2013, 02:37 PM
Member
 
chmorgan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: Webster, Mn
Posts: 108
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Liked: 33
chmorgan is offline  
post #7943 of 16212 Old 09-13-2013, 03:01 PM
AVS Special Member
 
Smigro's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Pennsyltucky
Posts: 1,818
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 8 Post(s)
Liked: 94
Quote:
Originally Posted by RemoWilliams84 View Post

Could we move all of the modem, Xbox live issues talk to a relevant thread?

Will do but please settle down...it was only a few posts. Of all the other wayyyy of topic stuff discussed here you want to bring this to the forefront. At least I am keeping it about an MS product unlike pages of talk I have seen in this thread.
Smigro is offline  
post #7944 of 16212 Old 09-13-2013, 03:37 PM
AVS Club Gold
 
mrlittlejeans's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: the area formerly known as Black Forest
Posts: 4,712
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 191
Lol at the aging bipolar fanboy comment in that article. That really got the aging bipolar fanboys going in the comments section over there.

Absence of evidence is not evidence of absence

mrlittlejeans is offline  
post #7945 of 16212 Old 09-13-2013, 04:06 PM
AVS Special Member
 
mboojigga's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Little Rock AFB, Arkansas
Posts: 7,919
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 8 Post(s)
Liked: 429
Quote:
Originally Posted by eq_shadimar View Post

Ugh internet confusion.  You asked if he could bypass the router and go to the modem, Monger said he had FIOS so your question doesn't make sense, you came back and said I don't see your point at which I replied to trying to explain that FIOS does not have modems.  If he wanted to bypass the router he would have to plug in his equipment directly into the ONT (usually on the outside of the house).  The internet doesn't ride on COAX therefore no need for a modem or worrying about DOCSIS versions.  The router that he pictured does have a COAX connection but it is used only to supply guide data to the set top boxes.  It is in use after the internet connection as the video is sent to the set top boxes via a COAX connection off of the ONT.  There is a COAX splitter that attached the router to the COAX "network" to supply the guide data.  There is no user internet traffic transversing the COAX. 

Clear as mud? smile.gif

Laters,
Jeff

LOL yeah I got you it is all good.

The 5.0 is here
mboojigga is offline  
post #7946 of 16212 Old 09-13-2013, 05:08 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member
 
RemoWilliams84's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Huntsville, AL
Posts: 1,956
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Liked: 247
Quote:
Originally Posted by Smigro View Post

Will do but please settle down...it was only a few posts. Of all the other wayyyy of topic stuff discussed here you want to bring this to the forefront. At least I am keeping it about an MS product unlike pages of talk I have seen in this thread.

Lol, okay, I'll try to settle down.

Have they released the exact Kinect dimensions yet?

Xbox Gamertag/PSN ID: RemoWilliams84

"I started out with nothing, and I still got most of it." -Seasick Steve

RemoWilliams84 is offline  
post #7947 of 16212 Old 09-13-2013, 05:23 PM
AVS Special Member
 
mboojigga's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Little Rock AFB, Arkansas
Posts: 7,919
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 8 Post(s)
Liked: 429
Quote:
Originally Posted by RemoWilliams84 View Post

Lol, okay, I'll try to settle down.

Have they released the exact Kinect dimensions yet?

I am on my phone but I think they had some videos or pics with comparisons in the last two weeks available.

The 5.0 is here
mboojigga is offline  
post #7948 of 16212 Old 09-13-2013, 05:39 PM
AVS Addicted Member
 
bd2003's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: Long Island, NY
Posts: 10,223
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 85 Post(s)
Liked: 1330
Quote:

 

 

I wish we could just get past the hangup that just because someone is talking about specs, that ALL they care about is specs. It's not like we can actually play the games yet. 

freemeat likes this.

Steam/PSN/Xbox Live: Darius510
bd2003 is offline  
post #7949 of 16212 Old 09-13-2013, 05:57 PM
AVS Special Member
 
benjamin-benjami's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: edmond, ok
Posts: 4,022
Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 28 Post(s)
Liked: 623
Quote:
Originally Posted by spid View Post

Not big, but Ubisoft is creating a new Uplay application for the Xbox One and PS4.
http://www.digitalspy.com/gaming/news/a514807/uplay-on-xbox-one-ps4-deeply-integrated-in-game-has-dedicated-app.html#ixzz2emmcMhaH

I read on a forum somewhere that the uplay app will be 23.4% better on the ps4.
Jeremy Anderson likes this.
benjamin-benjami is offline  
post #7950 of 16212 Old 09-13-2013, 05:58 PM
AVS Special Member
 
Jeremy Anderson's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Location: Mobile, AL
Posts: 1,681
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 348
Quote:
Originally Posted by bd2003 View Post


I wish we could just get past the hangup that just because someone is talking about specs, that ALL they care about is specs. It's not like we can actually play the games yet. 
Talking about specs is one thing... The problem is that there's too much talking about specs as a metric of which system is "superior", which inevitably devolves into fanboy arguments. And that's silly... Both of these systems are going to be amazing.

WiiU will still suck though. Let's all just agree on that. biggrin.gif
mboojigga likes this.

"Never believe any quote you read on the internet." - Abraham Lincoln
Jeremy Anderson is offline  
Reply Xbox Area

Tags
Monoprice , Xbox One Console Day One Edition

User Tag List

Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page


Forum Jump: 

Posting Rules  
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off