Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #8462 of 17041 Old 10-07-2013, 02:59 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 32 Post(s)
Liked: 442
As every other videogame device before it was. Barbie was released on the Playstation systems. cool.gif

The 5.0 is here
post #8463 of 17041 Old 10-07-2013, 05:44 PM
AVS Club Gold

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 646 Post(s)
Liked: 715
Quote:
Originally Posted by freemeat View Post

Ages 6 and up?

So twenty three games available at launch? That is what he said in the video. 23 games available to download on Day One.

39TB unRAID1--53TB unRAID2--36TB unRAID3

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

XBL/PSN: WormholeXtreme

post #8464 of 17041 Old 10-08-2013, 03:54 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 76 Post(s)
Liked: 377
Nothing really new, but here is a look at the dashboard they have for the Xbox One tour.
onlysublime likes this.
post #8465 of 17041 Old 10-08-2013, 07:50 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 76 Post(s)
Liked: 377
The Madden Team demonstrates some of the upcoming Smartglass features.

Here is the full writeup

http://www.engadget.com/2013/10/08/coachglass-madden-25-for-xbox-one/
onlysublime likes this.
post #8466 of 17041 Old 10-08-2013, 10:27 AM
AVS Special Member

post #8467 of 17041 Old 10-08-2013, 10:30 AM
AVS Special Member

http://gamingbolt.com/major-nelson-on-xbox-one-rrod-issues-warranty-and-4k-gaming

Remember the deadly red ring of death on the Xbox 360? Given that it literally killed off a ton of Xbox 360′s during its early years there may be doubts about Xbox One’s reliability. This obviously raises the question about what kind of warranty can players expect if the Xbox One gets struck by a similar issue.

Larry Hryb aka Major Nelson believes that consumers can expect higher levels of reliability from the Xbox One and they will receive the standard consumer electronics warranty for their Xbox One.

“Well certainly with the Xbox 360, we had some challenges at the launch. Once we identified that we took control of it. We wanted to do it right by our customers. Our customers are very important to us. With the Xbox One it is standard consumer electronics warranty. We are really excited about the reliability that folks will get out of the Xbox One. We had a lot of learning coming out of the Xbox 360 and we have put it in Xbox One. It has been in development for many, many years,” Larry said in an interview with Newegg Arcade.

He also confirmed that the Xbox One will not only support 4K resolution for entertainment media but also for gaming, but ultimately this will depend on the developers.

“Ye! We are really excited about that too. I am sure your audience knows that 4K is the next big thing. Xbox One is a home entertainment system that is built for future. It supports 4K gaming and entertainment. In fact we are shipping an HDMI cable that is 4K rated. So when you get your HDMI cable out of the box it is 4K rated. We are looking forward to bringing 4K capabilities to our consumers in the future, but it depends on the developers,” he added.

Read more at http://gamingbolt.com/major-nelson-on-xbox-one-rrod-issues-warranty-and-4k-gaming#4EQet4gxjbEfWpbo.99
onlysublime likes this.

The 5.0 is here
post #8468 of 17041 Old 10-08-2013, 10:46 AM
AVS Special Member

post #8469 of 17041 Old 10-08-2013, 11:07 AM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 116

It would be awesome if keyboard and mouse support did come to console gaming! I have many PC friends whom would make the jump in a heartbeat, but mainly I want it to open up new genres of games for the console.

Specific uses I'd want it for are: Real Time Strategy (RTS) games and simulation games like Roller coaster tycoon, sim city, etc. It's not that these games haven't been done on the console before, they're just not that good without the proper tool for playing them...

For those worried about if certain players having an advantage (multiplayer) because of using the mouse and keyboard for like a FPS, it seems the simple solution would be to have specific game lobbies/match-making that could separate the players by control type. Let the player choose, essentially....

Edit:
PS. I would love to play Starcraft 2 on my Xbox One! I guess I could technically do this by hooking a PC to the HDMI-IN possibly, but that's not ideal...
Leo_Ames likes this.

"Live to Win!"
XBL: RandomNinjaAtk

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
- Personal Blog

- Domain Names, Web Hosting, Email Hosting and more
post #8470 of 17041 Old 10-08-2013, 11:23 AM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 21
KBM would be great! I too know a few PC buddies who would switch...
RandomNinjaAtk likes this.
post #8471 of 17041 Old 10-08-2013, 12:27 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 60 Post(s)
Liked: 554
Quote:
Originally Posted by aaronwt View Post

So twenty three games available at launch? That is what he said in the video. 23 games available to download on Day One.

IGN's list shows 23 as well:

http://www.ign.com/wikis/xbox-one/Xbox_One_Launch_Titles
Quote:
Assassin's Creed IV: Black Flag
Battlefield 4
Call of Duty: Ghosts
Crimson Dragon
Dead Rising 3
FIFA 14
Fighter Within
Forza Motorsport 5
Just Dance 2014
Killer Instinct
LEGO Marvel Super Heroes
LocoCycle
Madden NFL 25
NBA 2K14
NBA Live 14
Need for Speed: Rivals
Peggle 2
Powerstar Golf
Ryse: Son of Rome
Skylanders: Swap Force
Watch Dogs
Zoo Tycoon
Zumba Fitness: World Party
post #8472 of 17041 Old 10-08-2013, 12:41 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 19 Post(s)
Liked: 99
Quote:
Originally Posted by jasonstiller View Post

KBM would be great! I too know a few PC buddies who would switch...

I personally would not like that unless the implemented something where matchmaking pitted KBM users against other KBM users. With the 1:1 tracking of a mouse that would give any KBM user and definitive advantage over people using the gamepads in online shooters.

Xbox GT / PSN ID - Smigro

my blu ray collection -

my modest theater -
post #8473 of 17041 Old 10-08-2013, 03:45 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 62 Post(s)
Liked: 231
Quote:
Originally Posted by freemeat View Post

IGN's list shows 23 as well:

http://www.ign.com/wikis/xbox-one/Xbox_One_Launch_Titles

I don't mean to be Oscar the Grouch on this. But there is absolutely nothing on that list that would compel me to spend $500.00 on a new console. And I see nothing for 2014 either. When Halo 5 comes out, I'll take a look. Ditto for PS4. No hurry or adrenaline rush to impulse buy for me this time around. Now if the Xbox One was Backward compatible with my big backlog of Xbox 360 games. I would very likely buy one in early 2014.
Leo_Ames likes this.
post #8474 of 17041 Old 10-08-2013, 03:48 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 348
Quote:
Originally Posted by barrelbelly View Post

I don't mean to be Oscar the Grouch on this. But there is absolutely nothing on that list that would compel me to spend $500.00 on a new console. And I see nothing for 2014 either. When Halo 5 comes out, I'll take a look. Ditto for PS4. No hurry or adrenaline rush to impulse buy for me this time around.
Good on ya, mate. I, on the other hand, want 9 of those titles. So party on!
mboojigga and barrelbelly like this.

"Never believe any quote you read on the internet." - Abraham Lincoln
post #8475 of 17041 Old 10-08-2013, 06:29 PM

Liked: 832
Quote:
Originally Posted by mboojigga View Post

As every other videogame device before it was. Barbie was released on the Playstation systems. cool.gif

Barbie is great... but it's no Hanna Montana

biggrin.gif
post #8476 of 17041 Old 10-08-2013, 11:07 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 67 Post(s)
Liked: 148
Madden looks pretty damn good. Actually better than I was expecting. The Saints uniforms really "pop" to me, which is cool, to notice that. I think you get that game on a huge 65 inch screen and it's going to look amazing.
post #8477 of 17041 Old 10-09-2013, 12:57 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 35 Post(s)
Liked: 201
If I ever catch up in a few of those franchises, I could see grabbing 2-3 of these launch games on the PS4 or PC out of the bargain bin in a few years. I haven't even gotten around to Assassin's Creed yet although I'm confident I'll enjoy it. So none of what interest me there is of any urgency.

Only Forza 5 is a title I'll actually own on the Xbox One for that launch lineup. And even there, I have a lot of 3 left and then all of 4. So I'll be playing the waiting game for quite sometime since I have such a current gen backlog.

Wii U actually is what I'll be getting first. A lot of exclusives there that I'm looking forward to playing despite the poor state of 3rd party support and essentially offering power equivalent to these over half decade old consoles Sony & Microsoft are set to replace soon.
Quote:
Originally Posted by TyrantII View Post

ICO/SOTC HD collection to be specific.

The collection was split back into two separate games for PSN. So it was just Shadow of the Colossus that they gave away recently.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeremy Anderson View Post

Good on ya, mate. I, on the other hand, want 9 of those titles. So party on!

Did or do you own a Xbox 360? Slightly curious why I never noticed you around here until the Xbox One started to become more than a rumor and controversy developed since you're such a long-time member here with a lot of posts.
barrelbelly likes this.
post #8478 of 17041 Old 10-09-2013, 03:57 AM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 348
Quote:
Originally Posted by Leo_Ames View Post

Did or do you own a Xbox 360? Slightly curious why I never noticed you around here until the Xbox One started to become more than a rumor and controversy developed since you're such a long-time member here with a lot of posts.
I do own a 360 and have an embarrassing pile of shame that I'm burning through right now (Far Cry 3, Dishonored, Tomb Raider, Dead Space 3, Max Payne 3, etc.). I didn't tend to look at the gaming parts of AVS... mostly the forums for calibration, my AVRs, and my past and current projectors. But yeah, I've been here for a long time.

"Never believe any quote you read on the internet." - Abraham Lincoln
post #8479 of 17041 Old 10-09-2013, 07:10 AM

Quoted: 16 Post(s)
Liked: 36
No love for Peggle 2? I plan to get that game for the real next gen console. The iPhone.
post #8480 of 17041 Old 10-09-2013, 07:47 AM
Advanced Member

Liked: 35
I have to admit I was shocked when I checked the reseller market this morning. Right now it is very much on the side of PS4 (and by a long shot). I don't see many XB1's selling for higher than $650...meanwhile, with the PS4...they're selling every day for $800+ (in some cases I've seen a few go for $1000).

Crazy.

I can't decide whether to sell mine now (while you know there will be a profit), or to wait until the week of launch when there might be a lot of desperate people.

"I am the Lizard King, I can do anything"

XBL - TheLizardKingII

post #8481 of 17041 Old 10-09-2013, 08:17 AM
AVS Addicted Member

Liked: 333
Quote:
Originally Posted by vedderpj13 View Post

I have to admit I was shocked when I checked the reseller market this morning. Right now it is very much on the side of PS4 (and by a long shot). I don't see many XB1's selling for higher than $650...meanwhile, with the PS4...they're selling every day for $800+ (in some cases I've seen a few go for $1000).

Crazy.

I can't decide whether to sell mine now (while you know there will be a profit), or to wait until the week of launch when there might be a lot of desperate people.

What reseller market?

Neither console ships for another month.

Xbox Live & PSN gamertag- Daekwan

post #8482 of 17041 Old 10-09-2013, 08:29 AM
Advanced Member

Liked: 35
Quote:
Originally Posted by Daekwan View Post

What reseller market?

Neither console ships for another month.

Check ebay...people are buying Day-1 Console pre-orders.

"I am the Lizard King, I can do anything"

XBL - TheLizardKingII

post #8483 of 17041 Old 10-09-2013, 08:38 AM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 16 Post(s)
Liked: 258
Quote:
Originally Posted by vedderpj13 View Post

Check ebay...people are buying Day-1 Console pre-orders.

I saw where a bunch were listed, but couldn't find where anyone had actually purchased one. What people are asking for and what people are paying are two completely different things. Don't you watch pawn stars?

Edit: I did find a couple that had sold for $700. Most of the others just ended with no buyers.

Xbox Gamertag/PSN ID: RemoWilliams84

"I started out with nothing, and I still got most of it." -Seasick Steve

post #8484 of 17041 Old 10-09-2013, 08:59 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 275 Post(s)
Liked: 416
GameStop.com has the xb1 day one up for preorder. It looks to be bundles only though.

Hapi -"Lazy......cuz he's a boss like that"

mphfrom77 - "I'm an idiot."

benjamin-benjami -
post #8485 of 17041 Old 10-09-2013, 09:05 AM
AVS Addicted Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by RemoWilliams84 View Post

I saw where a bunch were listed, but couldn't find where anyone had actually purchased one. What people are asking for and what people are paying are two completely different things. Don't you watch pawn stars?

Edit: I did find a couple that had sold for $700. Most of the others just ended with no buyers.

I dont watch pawn stars, but I completely agree. It seems silly to pay higher than MSRP on Ebay for a "launch day" item that is/has:

1) Still available for pre-order at MSRP
2) Unknown launch quantities
3) No absolute guarantee of launch day delivery

Furthermore, who's to say the few people "buying" these outrageous auctions arent in on the deal. If there is one thing I learned about Ebay, is that there are a lot of fees.. alot of thieves.. and alot of shady bidders.

The last item I attempted to purchase on Ebay, was a used 16port managed gigabit switch. It retailed for about $1000 new.. but was 3 years old and my bid was around $40. About 10 mins after a bid, another bidder account with a (0) feedback bid the price up to $50. I thought that was odd, but went ahead and bid again. This back & forth continued until I eventually I reached my maximum price of $100 and stopped bidding. Right on time another bid came in for around $110. I did not bid again and left it alone. About 1 hour before the auction was set to end, the highest bidder (one of those ZERO feedback accounts) retracted his bid & now I was magically the highest bidder at $100 for a item I should have only pay around $50 for. Took about 3 seconds for me to figure out that the seller.. is using other accounts to falsely increase the price of his auction.. then retracting his bid at the last minute so he doesnt get stuck winning his own auction at the inflated price. So I retracted my bid too. And magically all the other (0) account bids also retracted theirs.

As it stands, noone knows how many of these consoles are going to be available at launch.. and if people are really going to pay enough money over MSRP for people to profit selling them once fees and negotiating is done. While I dont participate or agree with these "Ebay flippers".. I do know that some of them made some pretty decent bucks last generation with the 360 launch.. but also know alot of them ended up looking like fools most recently when the Wii-U launch flopped and these guys were stuck trying to return 10 consoles to stores like Toys-R-Us.

Anybody with half a brain.. should be smart enough to know that they can still simply just pre-order one of these launch consoles. And even choosing overnight shipping.. on a forced bundle.. can purchase the XB1 or PS4 for cheaper than paying $700-$800 on Ebay to some stranger who may/maynot ship a launch day console in a timely fashion.

post #8486 of 17041 Old 10-09-2013, 09:07 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 67 Post(s)
Liked: 148
another thing about Ebay is the chargebacks. I've always been leery of selling any high dollar item with people being able to do chargebacks.
post #8487 of 17041 Old 10-09-2013, 09:08 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 275 Post(s)
Liked: 416
I keep an eye out on eBay. I sold one of mine for $799. A quick check right now on sold items only and it ranged from $550-$1899. That high was most likely never paid for but there were 2 others for $1500 and some just over $1000. For the most part $700 seems to be the sweet spot. You need to sell it quick though as eBay policy only allows you to place a preorder item 30 days before the release date. It took me the 2nd try to sell mine before eBay pulled it

Hapi -"Lazy......cuz he's a boss like that"

mphfrom77 - "I'm an idiot."

benjamin-benjami -
post #8488 of 17041 Old 10-09-2013, 09:16 AM
AVS Addicted Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anthony1 View Post

another thing about Ebay is the chargebacks. I've always been leery of selling any high dollar item with people being able to do chargebacks.

Ebay also exclusively uses Paypal which provides ZERO protection for the seller.

As an Ebay member since 1999.. I've been cheated several ways selling on Ebay:
1) Continually rising fees
2) Paypal disputes lost because an item was "claimed" to not been in the condition I sold/shipped.. even though several pics were provided on the auction page
3) Blackmailed to settle Paypal disputes outside of Paypal.. sent from a different email account and asking to lower the price
4) Blackmailed with negative feedback.. that would be changed to positive feedback if a price difference was agreed upon
5) Items straight stolen from me. And Paypal disputes lost because the bidder claims they never received a item, yet the item was signed for.

Im sure with the chargebacks theres even more ways to ripoff sellers. If I have to sell something new, I choose other avenues. Ebay just isnt worth risk & hassle as a seller.

I've found sell on forums, Amazon marketplace and Craigslist to be a much better experience.
RemoWilliams84 likes this.

post #8489 of 17041 Old 10-09-2013, 09:29 AM
Advanced Member

Liked: 13
Does anyone have any information on Xbox One's all in one media functionality in Canada. Will Canadian customers be able to use the voice functions to change channels if you are a Bell Express Vu subscriber? I'm trying to wrap my head around what will and wont work in Canada.

Also the snap feature... would I be able to play a game (Assuming I have a digital downloaded version) while my kid plays a different game at the same time? I know you can play a game and watch tv at the same time but can you play two games at the same time? (Madden 13 for me and Minecraft for the kid?)

Thanks for any help in advance.
post #8490 of 17041 Old 10-09-2013, 09:38 AM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 74 Post(s)
Liked: 164
Quote:
Originally Posted by Daekwan View Post

Ebay just isnt worth risk & hassle as a seller.

Could be worse, my brother once was trying to sell a pair of (new) apparently limited edition shoes or something (I don't quite understand, but that's not the point). The buyer was apparently unhappy, so they drove to where he lives (from the return address, apparently) to angrily demand a refund.

I mean, he got his item back, but was literally scared for his life at the time. Now that I think about it too, I wonder if he checked to make sure the guy didn't double-dip and get money back on Paypal and in person too.

XBL/Steam: JHoff80
Reply Xbox Area

Tags
Monoprice , Xbox One Console Day One Edition

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page