The Official Xbox One thread... - Page 328 - AVS | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 
 729Likes

post #9811 of 18861 Old 11-18-2013, 08:58 AM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 185 Post(s)
Liked: 636
yeah, the best solution in the current system if you want all digital is to rent the game via redbox or gamefly, install the disc, then buy the digital license. you have a fully digital game without having to do any downloading.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #9812 of 18861 Old 11-18-2013, 09:27 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 82 Post(s)
Liked: 66
Quote:
Originally Posted by onlysublime View Post

yeah, the best solution in the current system if you want all digital is to rent the game via redbox or gamefly, install the disc, then buy the digital license. you have a fully digital game without having to do any downloading.

Don't you still need to have the disc in the drive even though you installed the disc and bought the license? There's some of these nuances I'm having trouble keeping straight.

XBL: octavarium1/PSN:octavarium1970
post #9813 of 18861 Old 11-18-2013, 09:29 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 287
So does anyone have access to IGN? They were supposed to have a bunch of reviews go live this morning, but I can't get on it at work.

XBL: xGunner26x

PSN: AMER1CAN_GUNNER

Steam: xGunner26x

post #9814 of 18861 Old 11-18-2013, 09:35 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 132 Post(s)
Liked: 256
Quote:
Originally Posted by mbyrnes View Post

I hate the used market. Nick you essentially paid $30 for batman. To you, it wasn't worth $60 (you didn't keep it), so you sold it. Now the developer will miss out on money they deserve when your copy is sold instead of a new copy. If you would have waited, the price would have dropped to $30 eventually and you would have paid what you did.

This is the problem, gamers are impatient and want everything now. Without a used market you would of had to wait for a price you were comfortable paying. Maybe 6 months after launch, but it would get there. Developers would always get their fair share, which would reward them for their hard work and put Money into their next game.

If so many sales weren't lost to used sales, prices might drop much more quickly, giving gamers a better chance at scoring a hot title sooner.

Used sales really hurt the industry I love. I want it gone in the worst way so I get better games.

Truer words have rarely been spoken! I agree. I did exactly what you described with Darksiders 2, Mass Effect 3 and Halo 4. I waited until the price of new hit what I was willing to pay. And bought brand new. I did it for the reasons you stated so well. And because I don' t want someone else's scratched and scuffed disc. I never bought CDs, DVDx or LPs that way either. I'm essentially a newbie...who think the artists and creators deserve their due...if I like the content enough to buy it in the first place.
mbyrnes likes this.
post #9815 of 18861 Old 11-18-2013, 09:42 AM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 215 Post(s)
Liked: 672
I love the used game market. If I get bored of a game I can sell it and I lose my ability to play it, which is fair. Same thing if I were to sell a console.
post #9816 of 18861 Old 11-18-2013, 09:43 AM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 214 Post(s)
Liked: 249
Quote:
Originally Posted by americangunner View Post

So does anyone have access to IGN? They were supposed to have a bunch of reviews go live this morning, but I can't get on it at work.
They had a video review of Dead Rising 3. I'll skip my thoughts and just post the their score at the end.

Video review of Killer Instinct:

Xbox Live: DaBeavers
PSN- Arutha_conDoin
Steam- An0mander
"Too much knowledge never makes for simple decisions."
-Ghanima Atreides
post #9817 of 18861 Old 11-18-2013, 09:52 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 23 Post(s)
Liked: 64
Quote:
Originally Posted by barrelbelly View Post

Truer words have rarely been spoken! I agree. I did exactly what you described with Darksiders 2, Mass Effect 3 and Halo 4. I waited until the price of new hit what I was willing to pay. And bought brand new. I did it for the reasons you stated so well. And because I don' t want someone else's scratched and scuffed disc. I never bought CDs, DVDx or LPs that way either. I'm essentially a newbie...who think the artists and creators deserve their due...if I like the content enough to buy it in the first place.

If Microsoft was going to lower prices on Digital downloads consistant with assumptions, they would have modeled the Arcade system to "prove" their intent. They still have games from last decade that were still full arcade price. I personally don't have an issue with used games anymore than with used CD's, Used DVD's etc... But like you I don't purchase those things.

Now, I will of course change my views when Microsoft starts selling the DD content at 1/2 to 2/3's the selling price of comparable disc based games. Until then, I feel that both Sony and Microsoft had ample time to prove that digital was the better/cheaper way to go. Just doing that would have slowly killed the used game market and they could have avoided all the issues this new gen. How long has gamestop and used games in the 360/ps3 gen been as popular and lucrative? They could have implemented it 3-4 years ago. They chose not to. Of course this has allowed Steam to really gain momentum.

XBL-Steelhouse1

"No one wants to fight the naked guy."
post #9818 of 18861 Old 11-18-2013, 10:06 AM

Liked: 42
Regarding the disc/no disc argument.

I read something about upgrading for the 9.99 through download. If you upgrade for example BF3 to BF4 and you download the BF4, you have to have the BF3 disc to play the game.

To me if you were to do this...you are an idiot. You essentially are paying for two games to play one.

I love discs/used games as they are utilized now. If I am unsure about a game, I wait to buy it used...get to play it for 7 days from gamestop and return if I don't want it.
post #9819 of 18861 Old 11-18-2013, 10:33 AM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 36 Post(s)
Liked: 280
Quote:
Originally Posted by soundwhat View Post

Regarding the disc/no disc argument.

I read something about upgrading for the 9.99 through download. If you upgrade for example BF3 to BF4 and you download the BF4, you have to have the BF3 disc to play the game.

To me if you were to do this...you are an idiot. You essentially are paying for two games to play one.

You can't upgrade bf3 to bf4. You can pay $70 for bf4 for xbox 360 and one and you can still play both versions. Only to play the One version, you need the 360 disk. Also, I believe this is only on ps3->ps4. Either way, i think it is a good deal. Much better than buying both at full price, even if you could have traded one in for $30 when you upgraded.

Xbox Gamertag/PSN ID: RemoWilliams84

"I started out with nothing, and I still got most of it." -Seasick Steve

post #9820 of 18861 Old 11-18-2013, 10:37 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 124 Post(s)
Liked: 488
http://gearnuke.com/xbox-one-can-also-calibrate-hdtv-also-works-universal-remote/

We know that Xbox One is an all-in-one box solution from Microsoft that besides being a games console also offers you to do stuff that you would normally do with your set-top box or an entertainment hub, watch TV or stream content.

Early users of Xbox One who have received the next-generation console from Microsoft earlier than the official launch date have been providing the internet with a lot of information. One early user, cjcool804, informed us that Xbox One can also calibrate your own TV for you. This means that Xbox One can calibrate your TV automatically for optimal viewing experience.

He also stated that it was very easy to set up an universal remote or a harmony remote with the Xbox One to use with it. We do know that Kinect 2.0 comes packed with an IR blaster.

Xbox One’s UI is really snappy and neat and works as fast as it was advertised. We have seen a comprehensive demo of the UI by Yusuf Mehdi and Marc Whitten a few days before.

The 5.0 is here
post #9821 of 18861 Old 11-18-2013, 10:37 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 25 Post(s)
Liked: 40
My Xbox One has shipped! No tracking info in the UPS system yet, but I am really hoping for a Thursday delivery. I leave for Ireland on Friday so I won't be around if the Xbox is delivered that day. frown.gif

Xbox/PS/WiiU gamertag: GoNats
Apple Game Center: iGoNats

post #9822 of 18861 Old 11-18-2013, 10:58 AM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 256
Quote:
Originally Posted by cubdenno View Post

If Microsoft was going to lower prices on Digital downloads consistant with assumptions, they would have modeled the Arcade system to "prove" their intent. They still have games from last decade that were still full arcade price. They could have implemented it 3-4 years ago. They chose not to. Of course this has allowed Steam to really gain momentum.

I agree with you on both points. The console makers are vastly over reaching ( pure Greed) with DD. That is why they got such hostile blowback from their install base. DD only should be much cheaper. Especially after games are past first run status. That is why the consoles will never be able to compete with Steam and Apple (if they get serious) IMO. But that is a completely different argument than used games. I really don't have an issue with anyone buying or selling games at flea markets like EBay. But when legitimate first run retailers like Best Buy and GameStop set themselves up as direct competitors to content creators with used games? That's highly debatable to me. IMO the brick & mortar retailers should be much more focused on establishing their E-Commerce infrastructures so they can compete in that arena. Maybe upgraded DD only, online rental stations with time permits. Do something like that in lieu of used games that cut the creators totally out. It could be profitable for them. And are good game trial solutions for gamers.
post #9823 of 18861 Old 11-18-2013, 10:58 AM
AVS Club Gold

Quoted: 1286 Post(s)
Liked: 908
Anyone have any idea when BestBuy ships out their consoles? Do they ship them a few days before release day? I paid an extra $7 for their fastest shipping in the hope that I would get the XBOne by release day. Although if I had it over again I would have just done in store pickup.

53TB unRAID2--38TB unRAID3--33TB unRAID1a
LED DLP
XBL/PSN: WormholeXtreme
post #9824 of 18861 Old 11-18-2013, 11:06 AM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 473
Quote:
Originally Posted by chmorgan View Post

Don't you still need to have the disc in the drive even though you installed the disc and bought the license? There's some of these nuances I'm having trouble keeping straight.

No, once you purchase the digital version you do not need the disc anymore. The scenario onlysublime described is similar to Microsoft's example of taking a game to a friends house. The game will install on the hard drive and when you leave your friend can buy the digital version of the game installed on the hard drive. If you do not need the digital version you will need the disc in the drive every time you play the game.
onlysublime likes this.
post #9825 of 18861 Old 11-18-2013, 11:13 AM

Liked: 42
Quote:
Originally Posted by aaronwt View Post

Anyone have any idea when BestBuy ships out their consoles? Do they ship them a few days before release day? I paid an extra $7 for their fastest shipping in the hope that I would get the XBOne by release day. Although if I had it over again I would have just done in store pickup.

I changed my to in store pickup FYI. Didn't want to miss the UPS man.
post #9826 of 18861 Old 11-18-2013, 11:18 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 181 Post(s)
Liked: 226
Quote:
Originally Posted by mboojigga View Post

http://gearnuke.com/xbox-one-can-also-calibrate-hdtv-also-works-universal-remote/

Early users of Xbox One who have received the next-generation console from Microsoft earlier than the official launch date have been providing the internet with a lot of information. One early user, cjcool804, informed us that Xbox One can also calibrate your own TV for you. This means that Xbox One can calibrate your TV automatically for optimal viewing experience.

Huh, I'd like to hear more about what this calibration actually means.

Also from that picture, I'm very glad they changed away from the confusing "standard/intermediate/expanded" color space selections to the more easily understood TV/Limited RGB and (presumably) Monitor/Full RGB.

XBL/Steam: JHoff80
post #9827 of 18861 Old 11-18-2013, 11:27 AM
AVS Club Gold

Quoted: 1286 Post(s)
Liked: 908
Quote:
Originally Posted by soundwhat View Post

I changed my to in store pickup FYI. Didn't want to miss the UPS man.

How did you change it? I don't get an option online and when I called to ask about it they said they couldn't change it. Although this was weeks ago when I called.

53TB unRAID2--38TB unRAID3--33TB unRAID1a
LED DLP
XBL/PSN: WormholeXtreme
post #9828 of 18861 Old 11-18-2013, 11:31 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 17 Post(s)
Liked: 34
Those of you who didnt pre order.. I just checked with the PC Richard's by my job and they will be getting some xbones. First come first serve. That's where Im going friday morning.
post #9829 of 18861 Old 11-18-2013, 11:43 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 16 Post(s)
Liked: 35
Quote:

I hate the used market. Nick you essentially paid $30 for batman. To you, it wasn't worth $60 (you didn't keep it), so you sold it. Now the developer will miss out on money they deserve when your copy is sold instead of a new copy. If you would have waited, the price would have dropped to $30 eventually and you would have paid what you did.

This is the problem, gamers are impatient and want everything now. Without a used market you would of had to wait for a price you were comfortable paying. Maybe 6 months after launch, but it would get there. Developers would always get their fair share, which would reward them for their hard work and put Money into their next game.

If so many sales weren't lost to used sales, prices might drop much more quickly, giving gamers a better chance at scoring a hot title sooner.

Used sales really hurt the industry I love. I want it gone in the worst way so I get better games.

Correction: Nick you essentially paid $30 for batman He essentially paid $30 to rent Batman. If he paid $30 for Batman he would still have a copy when all is said and done.

I have to disagree with the anti used game sentiment.

Remember to consider - the used game market supports the new market in many ways. Many people use used game sales to fund purchasing new games. Many people are introduced to a game series through purchasing used games simply because they were cheap enough to be worth trying. If $30 is the point at which more people would buy a game, game makers have every right to release at that price - to say the used game seller essentially stole their profit from the same is to ignore that the game maker wrote themselves out of that profit by charging $60 instead of $30.

As for gamers being impatient and waiting for the price drop - this is not something somehow limited to the games market. Almost every other product drops in price over time... so if you are just saying EVERYIONE is impatient about EVERYTHING then ok but it really carries no weight...

The used market has been around and hasn't killed off any of the other industries it's prevalent in. The argument the used market is essentially stealing from the makers is the same logic often touted by far right wing politics to turn the people against their own best interested and look to themseleves and not the real causes of the issue.

Do you want to really insure that the hard working game makers get fair money for their hard work? Talk to the publishing houses and licenses who cream most of the profit off the top... often in the process making short sighted decisions that hurt the game and the gamer to increase short term profits.

The real criminals in this game have managed to convince us the problem lies within... taking scrutiny off them and making us screw ourselves over in an effort to be moral in the business world. It's an amazing trick that seems to work so well - business is not a world of morality, it's a world of profit and dollars. Corporations are legally obligated to do whatever is most profitable as long as it's not outright illegal. Yet they have the consumers willingly binding their own hands by more rules than the companies play by... it's like the bully convincing the nerds that they should shun any other nerd who doesn't volluntarily give the bully his lunch money because not to do so would be rude...

I will support the idea of being kind and moral to companies when they do the same to consumers -basic stuff like digital copies regularly cost less (since they take no physical resources to make and ship and you have no such thing as left over unsold stock so should be cheaper to sell also) but until then it's just silly to limit yourself to being morally correct when engaged in a business transaction and the other part of that transaction is only interested in being legally correct.

Monster Gold Plated Optical Cables: http://monstercable.com/productPage.asp?pin=1263

Awesome user review: "Unreal quality. Sounded like I upgraded my speakers." :D
post #9830 of 18861 Old 11-18-2013, 12:02 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 87 Post(s)
Liked: 183
Quote:
Originally Posted by Devedander View Post

Correction: Nick you essentially paid $30 for batman He essentially paid $30 to rent Batman. If he paid $30 for Batman he would still have a copy when all is said and done.

I have to disagree with the anti used game sentiment.

Remember to consider - the used game market supports the new market in many ways. Many people use used game sales to fund purchasing new games. Many people are introduced to a game series through purchasing used games simply because they were cheap enough to be worth trying. If $30 is the point at which more people would buy a game, game makers have every right to release at that price - to say the used game seller essentially stole their profit from the same is to ignore that the game maker wrote themselves out of that profit by charging $60 instead of $30.

As for gamers being impatient and waiting for the price drop - this is not something somehow limited to the games market. Almost every other product drops in price over time... so if you are just saying EVERYIONE is impatient about EVERYTHING then ok but it really carries no weight...

The used market has been around and hasn't killed off any of the other industries it's prevalent in. The argument the used market is essentially stealing from the makers is the same logic often touted by far right wing politics to turn the people against their own best interested and look to themseleves and not the real causes of the issue.

Do you want to really insure that the hard working game makers get fair money for their hard work? Talk to the publishing houses and licenses who cream most of the profit off the top... often in the process making short sighted decisions that hurt the game and the gamer to increase short term profits.

The real criminals in this game have managed to convince us the problem lies within... taking scrutiny off them and making us screw ourselves over in an effort to be moral in the business world. It's an amazing trick that seems to work so well - business is not a world of morality, it's a world of profit and dollars. Corporations are legally obligated to do whatever is most profitable as long as it's not outright illegal. Yet they have the consumers willingly binding their own hands by more rules than the companies play by... it's like the bully convincing the nerds that they should shun any other nerd who doesn't volluntarily give the bully his lunch money because not to do so would be rude...

I will support the idea of being kind and moral to companies when they do the same to consumers -basic stuff like digital copies regularly cost less (since they take no physical resources to make and ship and you have no such thing as left over unsold stock so should be cheaper to sell also) but until then it's just silly to limit yourself to being morally correct when engaged in a business transaction and the other part of that transaction is only interested in being legally correct.
someone has to give first. Gamers would benefit in the long run without a used market. PC has shown this.

What other use market are you talking about (please don't say cars), as a car is built to last 10 years or so. Auto makers benefit because if a person sells their car they must buy another to replace it.

Sorry I take the high road and do what Is right before getting mine first. Someone has to do the right thing first.

In most markets people have to wait for a price drop. I bought in to HDTVs in 2005 when the price was right for me. I was earlier than most people but not early by any means. I was patient. Can't afford $60 for a new game? Tough
Jeremy Anderson likes this.

Xbox Live: TheRealMaxPower --- PSN: TheRealMaxPower

Panasonic TC-P65VT60    Vienna Acoustic Mozart Grands    Onkyo TX-SR805   Sony BDP-S790

Astro Mixamp 2013   Schiit Modi    AKG K702 65th Anniversary   Antlion ModMic    Sennheiser PC360

Theater- Benq W1070    Elite 120" projection...

post #9831 of 18861 Old 11-18-2013, 12:06 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 25 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Devedander View Post

...Remember to consider - the used game market supports the new market in many ways. Many people use used game sales to fund purchasing new games...

I completely funded my PS4 purchase by trading in old games and gaming systems with a little bit of credit left over. Not too shabby.

Xbox/PS/WiiU gamertag: GoNats
Apple Game Center: iGoNats

post #9832 of 18861 Old 11-18-2013, 12:23 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 15 Post(s)
Quoted: 200 Post(s)
Liked: 745
Quote:

someone has to give first. Gamers would benefit in the long run without a used market. PC has shown this.

What other use market are you talking about (please don't say cars), as a car is built to last 10 years or so. Auto makers benefit because if a person sells their car they must buy another to replace it.

Sorry I take the high road and do what Is right before getting mine first. Someone has to do the right thing first.

In most markets people have to wait for a price drop. I bought in to HDTVs in 2005 when the price was right for me. I was earlier than most people but not early by any means. I was patient. Can't afford $60 for a new game? Tough

you know there is a used market for everything right. check this website out..

craigslist.com
post #9833 of 18861 Old 11-18-2013, 12:34 PM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 287
I can't wait for friday. I had cancelled my pre-order because I felt like I should use the money for my kids. But my wife just told me that she had already put some money aside for me to get one for christmas and if I could find one on friday, I can grab one. Hopefully Amazon will open up day one orders like they did on the ps4 on thursday night, that or maybe I will be lucky enough to get one at the store in town.

XBL: xGunner26x

PSN: AMER1CAN_GUNNER

Steam: xGunner26x

post #9834 of 18861 Old 11-18-2013, 12:53 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 124 Post(s)
Liked: 488
onlysublime and pennhunter like this.

The 5.0 is here
post #9835 of 18861 Old 11-18-2013, 12:54 PM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 29 Post(s)
YESSS!!!!biggrin.gif Hoping to get it by Thursday....

Dear Jose,

Thank you for ordering from Microsoft on August 29, 2013. The following product(s) have shipped. If you paid by credit card, your credit card has now been charged.
We sent this order to you via Microsoft's Preferred Carrier using the tracking number(s) below.
You may also check the status of your order by going to the account page, but you should know that it may take as long as 24 hours for your tracking and shipping information to appear on our site. So if you don't see it right away, don't worry - just check back in a little while.
Remember, these are the shipping times you can expect, based on the method you chose.
Shipping Method Delivery Time
Standard 3-7 days, excludes weekends & holidays
2nd Day Order by 1 p.m. Eastern, excludes weekends & holidays
Next Day Order by 1 p.m. Eastern, excludes weekends & holidays
If you ordered multiple products, they may be shipped separately. If that's the case, you'll get another mail like this one for each shipment you will receive.
Product SKU Product Name Qty Ordered Qty Shipped Total Qty Shipped Amount
7UV-00005 Xbox One Day One Edition 1 1 1 $531.24
Shipping Information
Product Name Tracking Number
Xbox One Day One Edition XXXXXXXXXXXXXXX (UPS)

Your Shipment and Billing Details
Order Number: XXXXXXXXXX
Order Date: August 29, 2013

Billing:

XXXXXXX
XXXXXXX

Additional Questions?
View our help pages, read our return policy, and view your account online.
We are also available at 1-877-696-7786.
Please visit the Contact Us page for the list of open hours by timezone.
Please note: This email message was sent from a notification-only address that cannot accept incoming email. Please do not reply to this message.

Sincerely,
Microsoft Store Customer Service
pcweber111 likes this.
post #9836 of 18861 Old 11-18-2013, 12:56 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 23 Post(s)
Liked: 64
Quote:

The problem lies in the fact that if your TV is a lemon, or a POS there are options for getting your money back. With a digital download, there is no option. So I just payed full price for something I either got limited enjoyment from, if any, and now I can do one of 2 things. eat the money spent and delete the game or eat the money spent and leave it there in the hopes of one day having the publisher fix what is either wrong or add content to make the game fun. I have way to much money in games sitting on a shelf that ave less than 1 hour played on them. So what moral high road covers this? Even in Steam, there is zero way, as far as I know, that covers someone from a bad game. at least if I buy a game that "I" find abysmal or even not what I was expecting, I have some sort of recourse in recouping my money.

are they going to allow say a 5 hour rental for say 10 bucks to see if I want tobuy the game?

Is game rentals an immoral act? try before I buy kind of thing.

The only thing that you can really compare games to is music, books and movies. All of those have a free (sort of) venue and paid for way to "borrow" them. The library offers music, movies, books and PC games. Plus there are services like movie rental stores (though they are dying off slowly) PPV etc...

Not trying to be arguementative here, I just don't believe that the business model would ever work the way we would like it too.
TeflonSoul likes this.

XBL-Steelhouse1

"No one wants to fight the naked guy."
post #9837 of 18861 Old 11-18-2013, 01:02 PM

Liked: 10
I know it's personal opinion, but which launch game do you expect will be the best? Mostly between Ryse and Dead Rising 3. I think I'm going to get Forza 5 and one other between those two, and it kinda comes with Killer Instinct so I'll be set.

Friday is going to be cool.
post #9838 of 18861 Old 11-18-2013, 01:16 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by cubdenno View Post

The problem lies in the fact that if your TV is a lemon, or a POS there are options for getting your money back. With a digital download, there is no option. So I just payed full price for something I either got limited enjoyment from, if any, and now I can do one of 2 things. eat the money spent and delete the game or eat the money spent and leave it there in the hopes of one day having the publisher fix what is either wrong or add content to make the game fun. I have way to much money in games sitting on a shelf that ave less than 1 hour played on them. So what moral high road covers this? Even in Steam, there is zero way, as far as I know, that covers someone from a bad game. at least if I buy a game that "I" find abysmal or even not what I was expecting, I have some sort of recourse in recouping my money.

are they going to allow say a 5 hour rental for say 10 bucks to see if I want tobuy the game?

Is game rentals an immoral act? try before I buy kind of thing.

The only thing that you can really compare games to is music, books and movies. All of those have a free (sort of) venue and paid for way to "borrow" them. The library offers music, movies, books and PC games. Plus there are services like movie rental stores (though they are dying off slowly) PPV etc...

Not trying to be arguementative here, I just don't believe that the business model would ever work the way we would like it too.
I would hope demo trials would become the norm. I agree you are stuck one purchased. But really no different than going to the movies. Kind of stuck if a movie sucks
Arutha_conDoin likes this.

Panasonic TC-P65VT60    Vienna Acoustic Mozart Grands    Onkyo TX-SR805   Sony BDP-S790

Astro Mixamp 2013   Schiit Modi    AKG K702 65th Anniversary   Antlion ModMic    Sennheiser PC360

post #9839 of 18861 Old 11-18-2013, 01:17 PM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 127
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nomad817 View Post

I know it's personal opinion, but which launch game do you expect will be the best? Mostly between Ryse and Dead Rising 3. I think I'm going to get Forza 5 and one other between those two, and it kinda comes with Killer Instinct so I'll be set.

Friday is going to be cool.

I'm still debating, my gaming time is so limited but I really want to try out DR3, Ryse, and maybe Need for Speed and Zoo Tycoon. Zoo Tycoon especially because I think my toddler would get a huge kick out of watching me play, especially cine you can "interact" with the animals.

If Ryse gets poor reviews come Thursday I might have to skip it, but everything I have seen so far has me pretty excited about it

XBOX Live ID: HONDEboyMAN
PSN ID: ahartig
post #9840 of 18861 Old 11-18-2013, 01:27 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by benjamin-benjami View Post

you know there is a used market for everything right. check this website out..

craigslist.com
most products kill themselves over time so they depreciate on their own. Media stays the same product as long as it works. Not the same thing. Most people who sell something also replace said item with a brand new one, not another used one.
pennhunter likes this.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply Xbox Area

Tags
Monoprice , Xbox One Console Day One Edition