post #10441 of 16214 Old 11-22-2013, 07:55 AM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 33
Quote:
Originally Posted by Myrtledog View Post

Did you pre-order or was it just a walk in purchase?
Walk in.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #10442 of 16214 Old 11-22-2013, 07:56 AM

Liked: 42
Quote:
Originally Posted by onlysublime View Post

what's the issue? if you don't want the discs, sell them. get the digital licenses. it's been reported numerous times and all the Microsoft officials have stated so. You can install the discs and if you decide to go digital, just purchase the digital license. It really is the best way to avoid having to download the games. And if you got the physical discs at a discount, you can probably break even on selling them to someone else.

I don't know. The way I read it made me think that once you had a hard copy you could go to the bone live store, pay $10 and have the digital license. I guess wishful thinking.

Yeah...ultimately I think I will be selling or trading Forza and BF4 because I know they are games that will be played to death. The rest I am not so worried about at this moment.
post #10443 of 16214 Old 11-22-2013, 07:56 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 24 Post(s)
Liked: 148
Home from work and now the wait begins for the System and games to be delivered from Amazon. UPS said they were out for delivery at 4:30 am. If they deliver same time like they did for the last package I should hopefully have it around 11:30am or so. Gives me time to catch up on American Horror Story (this weeks) and then take a nap on the catch and hope for a late morning door bell ring!

Xbox Live: DaBeavers
PSN- Arutha_conDoin
Steam- An0mander
"Too much knowledge never makes for simple decisions."
-Ghanima Atreides
post #10444 of 16214 Old 11-22-2013, 07:57 AM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 493
WTH? My One from Amazon is coming from AZ via USPS??? expected to arrive tomorrow. USPS???
post #10445 of 16214 Old 11-22-2013, 07:57 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arutha_conDoin View Post

Home from work and now the wait begins for the System and games to be delivered from Amazon. UPS said they were out for delivery at 4:30 am. If they deliver same time like they did for the last package I should hopefully have it around 11:30am or so. Gives me time to catch up on American Horror Story (this weeks) and then take a nap on the catch and hope for a late morning door bell ring!

Dude - Really you should read up. If there are any games you are a hardcore fan of already download them now. Return the hard copies!

...just my two cents
post #10446 of 16214 Old 11-22-2013, 07:59 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by soundwhat View Post

I don't know. The way I read it made me think that once you had a hard copy you could go to the bone live store, pay $10 and have the digital license. I guess wishful thinking.

Yeah...ultimately I think I will be selling or trading Forza and BF4 because I know they are games that will be played to death. The rest I am not so worried about at this moment.

No, you're going to be paying full price for the digital copy. $60.
post #10447 of 16214 Old 11-22-2013, 07:59 AM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 285
Amazon still shows mine as shipping soon, and I paid for one day shipping. They said I may get it today or tomorrow, but my UPS is closed tomorrow. So it looks like I'll be waiting to get it until Monday.

XBL: xGunner26x

PSN: AMER1CAN_GUNNER

Steam: xGunner26x

post #10448 of 16214 Old 11-22-2013, 08:00 AM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 98
My UPS usually arrives between 2-3pm. They showed up just before 10am this morning! Maybe an extra truck to deliver the excess of packages today?

post #10449 of 16214 Old 11-22-2013, 08:01 AM

Quote:

No, you're going to be paying full price for the digital copy. $60.

AMAZON - Interesting

They offer a PS3 digital copy of BF4 but not for anything else.

I wonder how long it will be until retailers can sell digital copies. This would be great because we would then see some better deals.
post #10450 of 16214 Old 11-22-2013, 08:08 AM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by jedijvd View Post

well , I plugged my htpc into it and it will work. However as soon I start windows media center things go wonky and it looses the signal

Hmm. I would assume this is just some hdmi handshake thing? If one were to have wmc running 24/7, hopefully it would work fine. Don't see why it wouldn't. My question was more along the lines of the kinect being able to talk to the generic IR receiver on my computer so that I could change channels via voice.

xbox live/PSN: Chad473
post #10451 of 16214 Old 11-22-2013, 08:10 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 78 Post(s)
Liked: 691
Good luck to you all expecting shipments today!
DaverJ and mbyrnes like this.
post #10452 of 16214 Old 11-22-2013, 08:14 AM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 6 Post(s)
Liked: 54
LOL @ this Forza 5 review on amazon

Quote:
I love fast cars, but not so much fast women like your mom or little sister. Thus, I highly recommend Forza Motorsport 5 because it puts your caboose in the driver’s seat of some of the fastest cars that mankind has ever built. If you are one of those environmentalists who enjoys taking public transit because you believe in Al Gore’s carbon footprint salesmanship, then at least you can enjoy the speed in this virtual setting.

This game boasts the greatest selection of the fastest and coolest racing cars ever made. You get to choose from the Toyota Prius, the Toyota Tercel, the Honda Accord Special 1987 Edition, the Peugot Escargot, the Citroen Ooo La La, the Toyota Previa, the AMC Pacer and, everyone’s favorite, the Datsun Hatchback With Manual Shift and Broken Taillights.

Plus, you also get to race them in various settings, such as the mall parking lot, the racetrack at your local high school and even the rainforests of the Pacific Northwest (where no one finds dead bodies, ever) in liberal states like Washington.

This game has it all and then some. You’d be nuts—almost as nutty as Obama for thinking he could lie to the American people constantly about Obamacare—to pass this video game up.
Daekwan, beach scrub and freemeat like this.
post #10453 of 16214 Old 11-22-2013, 08:17 AM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 13
Local Redbox had nice selection of games and I rented Battlefield 4 (will be getting it for Christmas), but will be putting in my copy of Ghosts first after I get it set up to make sure I didn't get one of those disc-shredding drives! eek.gif

Blu Ray... 3-D TV... 4K... I Like New STUFF!!!

post #10454 of 16214 Old 11-22-2013, 08:19 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:

AMAZON - Interesting

They offer a PS3 digital copy of BF4 but not for anything else.

I wonder how long it will be until retailers can sell digital copies. This would be great because we would then see some better deals.

Gamestop and the Microsoft Store (and I think others) already sell digital copies. You buy a card with the code.
post #10455 of 16214 Old 11-22-2013, 08:31 AM
AVS Special Member

I would return BF4 for the digital copy but I remembered I brought it through a GS trade in. I only paid $3 for it. Since GS doesn't sell digital copies I would ahve to pay full price for it on live.
post #10456 of 16214 Old 11-22-2013, 08:38 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 8 Post(s)
Liked: 81
Quote:

This system was intended to be INSTANT everything. And it does instant everything sooooo freaking well on day one ---- it's going to be unstoppable in only a few years. GUARANTEED

With that said- EVERY SINGLE GAME IS DOWNLOADED on hard drive. I know I have read about this for weeks but for some reason I never comprehended this fact completely.

So even though you have downloaded an entire game from a disc the disc still has to be in the drive to play, which means the only instant function for that game is the game in the disc drive.

MY ADVICE - Only download games that you know are going to see serious playing time. I wish I downloaded BF4 and Forza. The rest...whatever probably will trade them in anyway.
benjamin-benjami likes this.
post #10457 of 16214 Old 11-22-2013, 08:54 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 24 Post(s)
Liked: 148
Quote:

Dude - Really you should read up. If there are any games you are a hardcore fan of already download them now. Return the hard copies!

...just my two cents
Na, until MS gets some bigger incentives for Downloads (reduced prices, or better perks for the downloads) I'll stick with the discs for now. One thing that can sway me is if on the downloads they release at midnight and I can play at 9 PM on Monday night like I can with steam games then I'll think it over. Besides downloading the games I still would think take longer then install from disc even with the ability to play before it is all downloaded. I have 4 games coming plus Killer Instinct (Ultimate edition) to download today. All of that on a download would take way to long over my 12 meg ADSL connection.

Xbox Live: DaBeavers
PSN- Arutha_conDoin
Steam- An0mander
"Too much knowledge never makes for simple decisions."
-Ghanima Atreides
post #10458 of 16214 Old 11-22-2013, 09:01 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 10 Post(s)
Liked: 202
Still stuck in shipping now status for a June 10 pre-order...

I'm guessing I'll get mine on Monday. mad.gif
post #10459 of 16214 Old 11-22-2013, 09:05 AM
AVS Club Gold

Quoted: 198 Post(s)
Liked: 578
Quote:
Originally Posted by centking View Post

I have a question and I apologize if its a stupid question or was already discussed. If I run my TV through the XB1 and I have the XB1 input configured to use Game Mode (to reduce input lag). It seems to me when I watch TV, BR movie or Netflix using the XB1 it will be displaying using the Game Mode setting not my movie viewing calibration. Is that correct ? And if so no one has a problem with it ?
confused.gif

Yes which is another reason I don;t want to run a primary device through my XBOne.

UPS is still showing "out for delivery" for my unit.
centking likes this.

39TB unRAID1--53TB unRAID2--36TB unRAID3
LED DLP
XBL/PSN: WormholeXtreme

post #10460 of 16214 Old 11-22-2013, 09:05 AM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 17
Wait a second. I though if you bought the disc, it installed on the hard drive and you did not need the disc anymore. This is not true anymore? Damn. I didnt want to have to use discs. I only bought battlefield because it was on sale at target.

Mark-
post #10461 of 16214 Old 11-22-2013, 09:06 AM
AVS Club Gold

Quote:

Ok. After spending about 3 hours with the system I have come to the realization that this system was never intended to use disc based games!

I have read many of the same thoughts but I never fully comprehended this concept until I started using the system.

There has to be a way that even though people buy a disc game from a retailer and the user wants to sell, they can remove the license from the system and the customer can sell or trade or give their game away.

The only reason I bought 6 games was because of the deals I was getting. Now I totally REGRET opening 3 last night. I think the 3 I ended up getting with target deal will be put on ebay.

Now I understand why retailers are selling games cheaper than I ever remembered at launch...they are effectively being pushed out of the gaming business.

Unless Microsoft finds a way for a retailer...which I don't think they want to even try to....to sell digital copies then I think they will be done soon enough.

I know amazon does this with live and such...but not games right?

They had a solution for this but alot of people balked at it and got in an uproar. Which is why we have the same system as before.

Even though Digital Download is more expensive I decided to go with it and avoid using discs(except rentals) because the experience will be immensely better without using discs. I will just not buy as many games since the cost per game is going to be higher.

LED DLP

post #10462 of 16214 Old 11-22-2013, 09:11 AM
AVS Club Gold

Quote:

WTH? My One from Amazon is coming from AZ via USPS??? expected to arrive tomorrow. USPS???

Amazon uses a bunch of delivery companies. At least with USPS you can receive it tomorrow. If they had used UPS you would be waiting until Monday.

I've had multiple items, from the same Amazon order, ship by multiple carriers.

LED DLP

post #10463 of 16214 Old 11-22-2013, 09:18 AM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 129
Quote:
Originally Posted by marjen View Post

Wait a second. I though if you bought the disc, it installed on the hard drive and you did not need the disc anymore. This is not true anymore? Damn. I didnt want to have to use discs. I only bought battlefield because it was on sale at target.

The concession they had to make because people didn't want the licensing model that Microsoft first announced, is that you now need to have the disc you want to play in the console at all times in order to authenticate that you own the game, even though it's playing off the hard drive. (This is similar to how the 360 works now if you choose to install a game to the HDD, but the difference here is that installs are mandatory now).

XBL/Steam: JHoff80
post #10464 of 16214 Old 11-22-2013, 09:19 AM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 112
I will be waiting until Monday it seems. UPS has the shipment in town but it came in after 6am. Anything that comes in after 6am doesn't get shipped to businesses that day but the next business day instead...which is Monday. There were a lot of us quite pissed off and in the cold early this morning at Walmart thinking we were getting our xbox's. Turns out that UPS is a bunch or lazy pricks...imagine. I actually know the jerks that work there so I'm not talking about UPS is general, just local. I'd be willing to bet if I went to the warehouse, 5mins from house, they would be sitting around doing anything but working.
post #10465 of 16214 Old 11-22-2013, 09:21 AM
AVS Special Member

Is there any free kinect games I can play tonight? Its for wify and kid.
post #10466 of 16214 Old 11-22-2013, 09:24 AM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 30
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hksvr4 View Post

Is there any free kinect games I can play tonight? Its for wify and kid.

Well its not a game per se but I think Microsfts bit fitness app is free for the first year (trying to get people hooked I guess).
post #10467 of 16214 Old 11-22-2013, 09:24 AM

Liked: 22
Picked up my xbone last night.

Played around with it a bit before I had to go to bed for work. Can anybody tell me where can I see my battery's current charge? I can not find it anywhere. I tried pressing the xbox button, looked in settings etc etc..

Also, where do I see how many GB's I have left. Was much easier to see on the 360. I went to settings and I did not see any option to see my current HDD"s space.

And on my TV, I have my hdmi black level at normal, should I put the RGB at FULL? If i put it at limited, it looks washed out.

thanks !
post #10468 of 16214 Old 11-22-2013, 09:29 AM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 46
Quote:
Originally Posted by aaronwt View Post

They had a solution for this but alot of people balked at it and got in an uproar. Which is why we have the same system as before.
This is why the thoughtless hysteria was so frustrating. Microsoft screwed up on not drawing a straight line from Always Online to Game Library, Family Share and DD Trading. And then flinching to the mystifying stupidity of the internet screaming about having to be on the internet ... was well, stupid.

Reviews are saying how XO has a real next-gen feel. I can only imagine how much more enthusiastic they would have been if Microsoft would have followed their vision. I hope they add back the features in future updates.
AHDTVDiet likes this.

Gamer Tag: Todd Stevens
post #10469 of 16214 Old 11-22-2013, 09:30 AM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Quoted: 29 Post(s)
Liked: 623
Quote:
Originally Posted by newfmp3 View Post

I will be waiting until Monday it seems. UPS has the shipment in town but it came in after 6am. Anything that comes in after 6am doesn't get shipped to businesses that day but the next business day instead...which is Monday. There were a lot of us quite pissed off and in the cold early this morning at Walmart thinking we were getting our xbox's. Turns out that UPS is a bunch or lazy pricks...imagine. I actually know the jerks that work there so I'm not talking about UPS is general, just local. I'd be willing to bet if I went to the warehouse, 5mins from house, they would be sitting around doing anything but working.

dude chill out, you don't know the details and last time i checked people that worked for UPS weren't a "bunch of lazy pricks"... seriously..
post #10470 of 16214 Old 11-22-2013, 09:31 AM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 17
Yes thanks people for ruining things. They had it right the first time and I really wish they had not balked in this. I forgot about all the things we lost. I loved the idea of family sharing etc. I REALLY hope they bring it back. This will cost everyone more in the long run, as we cant take advantage of deals I guess since that means discs.

Mark-
Reply Xbox Area

Tags
Monoprice , Xbox One Console Day One Edition

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page