The Official Xbox One thread... - Page 361 - AVS | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
First ... 359  360  361 362  363  ... Last
Xbox Area > The Official Xbox One thread...
rightintel's Avatar rightintel 09:13 AM 11-24-2013
I don't know if anyone's posted this yet, but I found something I thought to be pretty cool: Settings/Network/Detailed network statistics. That test will show:
-download speed
-upload speed
-download packet loss
-upload packet loss
-MTU
-latency(ping)

It takes roughly 30sec and SEEMS to be pretty accurate. It's consistently showing me at roughly 115-125mbps down and 25-35 up, which is right on the money. I haven't tried it w/ the One in the DMZ yet, but I'd be curious to see what you guys think. Soooo...no more Speedtest.net huh?

chad473's Avatar chad473 09:21 AM 11-24-2013
Htpc guys, what IR receivers play nice with the One? The one I use with my harmony uses the ortek vrc-1100 device profile, which apparently doesn't work with the One.
RafaelSmith's Avatar RafaelSmith 11:35 AM 11-24-2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by rightintel View Post

Anyone w/ the Logitech Harmony One remote please feel free to post configurations that are working for you(or at least in the Harmony One thread). It SEEMS to be working ok, but still there's some glitches that need tweaking.

Nothing fancy et, keeping it simple for now:

Devices:

-XBOX One
-Cisco DVR
-Sony BD Player

-HK AVR 1710
-VIzio E701-A3

-Harmony Control

Connections:

Cisco DVR -> Splitter -> XBOX ONE -> AVR (HDMI IN 1)
Cisco DCR -> SPlitter -> AVR (HDMI IN 2)
XBOX 360 -> AVR (HDMI IN 3)
PS3 -> AVR (HDMI IN 4)
Sony BD -> AVR (HDMI IN 5)
TV TosLink -> AVR (Optical in 1)

AVR HDMI OUT 1 -> TV (HDMI IN 1)
AVR HDMI OUT 2 -> TV (HDMI IN 2)

-Hdmi in 2 on the TV is configured for gaming mode, processing off, etc

XBOX One Config:
-Turn off all turning on/off of other devices
-Just told the XB1 what my DVR was...did not even bother giving it AVR info.

Harmony Control:

Activity 1 (Play XB1)
-Vizio TV (HDMI Input2) - Displays Picture
-AVR (HDMI Input 1), - Controls Volume
-XBOX One - Controls Game

Activity 2 (Watch TV via XB1)
-Vizio TV (HDMI Input1) - Displays Picture
-Cisco DVR (Controls Channels)
-AVR (HDMI Input 1), -Controls Volume
-XBOX One (while Harmony remote controls DVR, can still do the voice guide stuff with XB1)

Activity 3 (Watch TV)
-Cisco DVR (Controls Channels)
-AVR (HDMI Input 2), -Controls Volume

Activity 4 (Watch Movie via XB1)
-AVR (HDMI Input 1), - Controls Volume
-XBOX One, Plays MOvie

Activity 5 (Watch Movie via BD player)
-Vizio TV (HDMI Input 1) - Displays Picture
-AVR (HDMI Input 5), - Controls Volume
-Sony BD , - Plays Movie

Activity 6 (Watch Smart TV)
-Vizio TV (HDMI Input 1) - Displays Picture, Controls APPS
-AVR (Optical in 1),- Controls Volume

Have some redundancy but seems to work and so far wife has not had issues =P
Need to decide if i am keeping 360 & PS3 ...if so their setups are easy
Might get rid of #6 once I get all my APPS setup on XB1
Expletive's Avatar Expletive 11:44 AM 11-24-2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by RafaelSmith View Post

Nothing fancy et, keeping it simple for now:

Devices:

-XBOX One
-Cisco DVR
-Sony BD Player

-HK AVR 1710
-VIzio E701-A3

-Harmony Control

Connections:

Cisco DVR -> Splitter -> XBOX ONE -> AVR (HDMI IN 1)
Cisco DCR -> SPlitter -> AVR (HDMI IN 2)
XBOX 360 -> AVR (HDMI IN 3)
PS3 -> AVR (HDMI IN 4)
Sony BD -> AVR (HDMI IN 5)
TV TosLink -> AVR (Optical in 1)

AVR HDMI OUT 1 -> TV (HDMI IN 1)
AVR HDMI OUT 2 -> TV (HDMI IN 2)

-Hdmi in 2 on the TV is configured for gaming mode, processing off, etc

Do you notice a difference in picture quality when you compare the DVR going through the XBO as compared to directly to the AVR/TV?
chmorgan's Avatar chmorgan 11:53 AM 11-24-2013
Has anyone noticed any quality issues with the Netflix app? I've noticed that the picture stutters quite a bit, almost as though it is missing frames. No syncing issues with the audio though. Any thoughts?
jhoff80's Avatar jhoff80 12:09 PM 11-24-2013
So despite my interest on this thread, I hadn't been planning on getting the One right away. However, I realized that a $300 MS Store credit (due to Surface Pro 2 preorder issues) would be expiring a little faster than I remembered (in a little over a month) and so when orders for the standard edition went up on Friday at midnight, I made the pretty easy call to use it on that rather than risk it not being in stock later in December.

It'll arrive tomorrow, so I'm trying to think about how to fit it into my setup for TV.

Currently, my main system has my gaming HTPC, 360, and Wii.

I'm thinking that the HTPC will remain as HDMI input 1 because I don't want to deal with any lag there. Plus, for more serious viewing (which is stuff like Media Browser that the One can't control anyway), I'd prefer to leave an unadulterated signal.

The plan is to connect the One to HDMI2, and attach the 360 to the One's input. Then, I would use the 360 as an extender to watch Live TV via the One's interface (for any lighter Live TV viewing).

However, both the HTPC and the 360 are still in the same room and are both controlled by IR. Therefore, this would be dependent on the current option I use on the 360 so that the Xbox only responds to a 360 remote control (and not a general Media Center remote). So, the question here is, does anyone know if the One's IR blaster setup can control the 360 with this option enabled? From a lot of what I've been hearing, the only option sounds like it's to set it up as a Media Center PC.
mboojigga's Avatar mboojigga 12:29 PM 11-24-2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by chmorgan View Post

Has anyone noticed any quality issues with the Netflix app? I've noticed that the picture stutters quite a bit, almost as though it is missing frames. No syncing issues with the audio though. Any thoughts?

No picture stutter or sync issues for me. More f initial start of the app and having to go back to Home and it launches fine after that. Now waiting on updates for the App. You can't restart a show or movie to the beginning unless you rewind is my big issue with Netflix.
soundwhat's Avatar soundwhat 12:43 PM 11-24-2013
The XBONE is a dust magnet. Is there anyone that knows what I can do to reverse the static. I literally wipe it with a towel and the dust magnetizes back on???? Only device to do this.
michaeltscott's Avatar michaeltscott 12:47 PM 11-24-2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by soundwhat View Post

The XBONE is a dust magnet. Is there anyone that knows what I can do to reverse the static. I literally wipe it with a towel and the dust magnetizes back on???? Only device to do this.

I've never tried them but the "Endust for Electronics" products are supposed to be good for that.
crevai's Avatar crevai 01:40 PM 11-24-2013
Anyone have success getting the Xbox One to trun the cable DVR ( FIOS) on with everything else ?
The Xbox is powering on my TV and AVR fine, but the DVR is not starting up.
spid's Avatar spid 01:43 PM 11-24-2013
I have been away from console for awhile, but it is fun to check out the Smartglass app, and check out other people's clips.
sfumat0's Avatar sfumat0 01:58 PM 11-24-2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by crevai View Post

Anyone have success getting the Xbox One to trun the cable DVR ( FIOS) on with everything else ?

Im guessing you have Verizon?

My first thought is that you're still going to have to push "menu" to get your fios out of standby mode like I do when I turn my tv on after it being off awhile.  I'll let mine go to standby and see what happens, so far its worked fine.  Ive only had it hooked up through tv for a couple hours.

AHDTVDiet's Avatar AHDTVDiet 02:12 PM 11-24-2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by crevai View Post

It powers on my TV and cable DRV (Cincinnait bell FIoptics). It didnt hat first I had to go into settings and check a box to allow it to turn on the cable box and tv.
Arutha_conDoin's Avatar Arutha_conDoin 02:30 PM 11-24-2013
Did the Network Settings test and my MTU was 1456. COD Ghosts says my Nat is Moderate, but my network settings shows it is Open... Any ideas? I'm using a Zyxel P-663HN-51 router via frontier ADSL (Dual bonded DSL).
NJPapi1977's Avatar NJPapi1977 02:36 PM 11-24-2013
Can anyone answer my question

Does the xbox one product correct Color Space levels to the tv?

I have my xbox one at RGB limited and Panny tv at Auto for HDMI/DVI RGB Levels and the tile dash board back ground is greyish and so is Battlefield. Looks washed out

If I put my tv at 16-235 instead of Auto it crushes blacks in Madden and you lose details in BF4

I have a 65VT60
aaronwt's Avatar aaronwt 02:40 PM 11-24-2013
Quote:

I don't know if anyone's posted this yet, but I found something I thought to be pretty cool: Settings/Network/Detailed network statistics. That test will show:
-download speed
-upload speed
-download packet loss
-upload packet loss
-MTU
-latency(ping)

It takes roughly 30sec and SEEMS to be pretty accurate. It's consistently showing me at roughly 115-125mbps down and 25-35 up, which is right on the money. I haven't tried it w/ the One in the DMZ yet, but I'd be curious to see what you guys think. Soooo...no more Speedtest.net huh?

It's been very inconsistent for me. I've tried it around a dozen times since Friday afternoon. Sometimes it's shows a download speed of 30Mb/s. Sometimes it shows 140Mb/s. And then everything in between. UNlike Speedtest.net which consistently shows 155Mb/s download speeds from my FiOS connection.
aaronwt's Avatar aaronwt 02:41 PM 11-24-2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by soundwhat View Post

Mine has behaved the same way as my 360's, PS3 and every other piece of electronic gear I've ever owned. The dust collects on them so quickly that I could dust them several times a day if I wanted to. Although I typically do it every few weeks.
ileff's Avatar ileff 03:24 PM 11-24-2013
Snapping tv in while playing a game is kind of meh. Window is too tiny and I can't figure out any way of adjusting the position/size.

Lot of good concepts for xbone but the implementation is still a work in progress.
crevai's Avatar crevai 03:26 PM 11-24-2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by sfumat0 View Post

My first thought is that you're still going to have to push "menu" to get your fios out of standby mode like I do when I turn my tv on after it being off awhile.  I'll let mine go to standby and see what happens, so far its worked fine.  Ive only had it hooked up through tv for a couple hours.

Yes it is Verizon & it is in the Standby mode, where you have to hit menu to turn it on. If I can find a setting to turn off the box entirely or prevent standby that will work too.
I have all the "turn on" setting set to yes for all devices.
ag.jase's Avatar ag.jase 04:15 PM 11-24-2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by NJPapi1977 View Post

I have my xbox one at RGB limited and Panny tv at Auto for HDMI/DVI RGB Levels and the tile dash board back ground is greyish and so is Battlefield. Looks washed out

If I put my tv at 16-235 instead of Auto it crushes blacks in Madden and you lose details in BF4

I have a 65VT60

I have a samsung f8000 and I always have it on HDMI normal. So i tried the limited option on the xbox, but like you are experiencing, it looks washed out. So, I just put it on RGB full and now it is much better. I had my 360 to full as well.

I originally put the xbox one on limited due to ihe option saying TV, but I just put it on full as it looked washed out.
crevai's Avatar crevai 04:25 PM 11-24-2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by sfumat0 View Post

I think it is the sleep timer.
: Menu - Settings - Set-Top Box - Sleep Timer - [Set to NEVER]
Need to give it a few to test, but I think that shoudl do the trick.
NJPapi1977's Avatar NJPapi1977 04:33 PM 11-24-2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by ag.jase View Post

I have a samsung f8000 and I always have it on HDMI normal. So i tried the limited option on the xbox, but like you are experiencing, it looks washed out. So, I just put it on RGB full and now it is much better. I had my 360 to full as well.

I originally put the xbox one on limited due to ihe option saying TV, but I just put it on full as it looked washed out.

Am not referring to the HDMI black level setting on tv

I am talking about the color space setting on tv...Not sure your tv has that
sfumat0's Avatar sfumat0 05:34 PM 11-24-2013

I think if you have Xone on FULL, you have to use HDMI NORMAL, and if you have Xone on RGBTV you have to have HDMI on low.

Mine looks great, so Im just leaving it RGB TV on Xone, and HDMI on low.

rightintel's Avatar rightintel 05:34 PM 11-24-2013
Quote:

I have a 65VT60

I'm gonna say no(for me). I've got a calibrated 82" DLP, and for me it's been all over the place trying to keep real blacks/avoid charcoal while keeping detail. I'll be playing w/ it for awhile...
rightintel's Avatar rightintel 05:36 PM 11-24-2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by aaronwt View Post

Quote:

-download speed
-upload speed
-download packet loss
-upload packet loss
-MTU
-latency(ping)

It's been very inconsistent for me. I've tried it around a dozen times since Friday afternoon. Sometimes it's shows a download speed of 30Mb/s. Sometimes it shows 140Mb/s. And then everything in between. UNlike Speedtest.net which consistently shows 155Mb/s download speeds from my FiOS connection.

Weird. It's been unbelievably consistent for me(except when using my VPN).
aaronwt's Avatar aaronwt 06:27 PM 11-24-2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by NagysAudio View Post

Anyone who is experiencing dropped frames, or stuttering on Xbox One, uncheck the 24Hz in the settings. Don't worry, your Blu-rays will still play fine at 24 fps, but the stuttering will go away. If there's no stuttering, leave it checked. This is just some incompatibility with certain TVs. On PS3/4 this setting can be left to automatic and that eliminates most of these problems. But on Xbox One, it's either off, or forced on. If there are dropped frames, leave it off.

If you uncheck 24hz then it is not sending 1080P24, it is sending 1080P60 for the output. I unchecked it because when the UI overlay would come up it would switch from 1080P24 to 1080P60. And then when the overlay was gone it switched back to 1080P24. So I just set it for 60P so there would not be all these framerate changes when watching a BD.
aaronwt's Avatar aaronwt 06:35 PM 11-24-2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by NagysAudio View Post

How do you know that unchecked it outputs 1080P60? Hitting the info/display button on TV's remote does not verify this... It just says 1080P. If the box is checked, it says 1080P24.

SOme TVs show this info. I know two of mine do. But my XBOne runs through my DVDO DUo which shows me the resolution and framerate of the incoming signal. But this setting is like what they typically have on a BD player as well. You can set it for 1080P60 output. ANd when 1080P24 content is detected it will switch the output framerate to match. At least this is what the XBOne is doing when playing back BDs with 1080P24 content. Although I never tried any BD titles with 1080i content to verify that it didn't erroneously apply it to that BD content too.
Hksvr4's Avatar Hksvr4 06:55 PM 11-24-2013
Ditto on the audio decoding issue. Watching football and its only stereo
bd2003's Avatar bd2003 07:10 PM 11-24-2013
Quote:

I have a 65VT60

If you have both at 16-235 and it's really crushing blacks, you may have your TV's brightness set too low.  But keep in mind you're supposed to crush a little black (below 16). Use the calibration tools on the xbox, the images are correct. 

housequestion's Avatar housequestion 07:22 PM 11-24-2013
Are you us seeing any image degradation when running things through the xBone?
Tags: Monoprice , Xbox One Console Day One Edition
First ... 359  360  361 362  363  ... Last

Up
Mobile  Desktop