post #10891 of 16214 Old 11-25-2013, 11:30 AM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 28 Post(s)
Liked: 329
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beeron View Post

Thanks for pointing that out...now I'm really confused, because the description is somewhat contradictory. Also, I just noticed on the mini splitter that it says "The splitter draws all the power it needs from the HDMI connection itself. However, an external 5 VDC power supply can be used instead." Why would you use a power supply if you don't have to?

I got the non-pigtail splitter and was hoping I didn't have use the power supply. I guess my HDMI run to the AVR was too long (10 feet I think?), because I didn't get a signal until I plugged the power supply into the splitter. YMMV.

Sub-1080p/60fps is not next-gen.

Console gamers curious/interested in PC gaming? Click here.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #10892 of 16214 Old 11-25-2013, 11:39 AM
AVS Addicted Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 92 Post(s)
Liked: 1330
Quote:
Originally Posted by Weaselboy View Post

There was a post on Reddit this morning discussing this and someone mentioned they heard a podcast explaining the system does not have a space remaining readout on purpose because MS does not want you to be concerned with it. Apparently if the disk gets full your least used / oldest games will get partially deleted to make room for a new game install. Then if you go back to play the old, partially deleted game there will be enough of it left on disk to begin playing while the deleted bits get redownloaded from MS.

I hope so, cause that's exactly how I'd want them to do it. Link to the post?

Steam/PSN/Xbox Live: Darius510
post #10893 of 16214 Old 11-25-2013, 12:12 PM
AVS Club Gold

Quoted: 204 Post(s)
Liked: 578
Quote:
Originally Posted by newfmp3 View Post

another day, another winter storm, another delay in shipping, and no xbox until tomorrow.

Why do they release these things on Fridays? why??

They don't normally.

39TB unRAID1--53TB unRAID2--36TB unRAID3
LED DLP
XBL/PSN: WormholeXtreme

post #10894 of 16214 Old 11-25-2013, 12:14 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 30
Quote:
Originally Posted by bd2003 View Post

I hope so, cause that's exactly how I'd want them to do it. Link to the post?

So if a game can run when only partially installed then it would make sense for them to archive the rest of the game on older games users haven't played in a while. That way the game can still be switched to fast and you can start running it while the download takes place. Of course it also means if you lose internet connection you would lose access to those games, which could be a problem for some. Interesting to see how they handle this.
post #10895 of 16214 Old 11-25-2013, 12:22 PM

Liked: 52
Quote:
Originally Posted by dlconner View Post

I think the xbone is going to be hard to find for a while. I have been looking locally, as I don't have to have it right away, (haven't decided on a TV for the basement yet), and everyone is constantly sold out. I see tons of PS4's sitting on the shelf, but the xbox's are disappearing faster than retailers can stock them.
Don't know where you live but I found this online today. Seems like there is plenty in NYC.

http://www.dualshockers.com/2013/11/24/xbox-one-sold-out-but-there-are-still-plenty-right-in-the-heart-of-new-york-including-day-one-editions/
post #10896 of 16214 Old 11-25-2013, 12:36 PM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 33
^^ Yea, if you check on Craigslist, Day One editions are everywhere. Being sold for 200-300 more. I was going to do the same and glad I didn't because I would have been stuck with it.
post #10897 of 16214 Old 11-25-2013, 12:39 PM
AVS Addicted Member

Quoted: 110 Post(s)
Liked: 461
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaverJ View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beeron View Post

Thanks for pointing that out...now I'm really confused, because the description is somewhat contradictory. Also, I just noticed on the mini splitter that it says "The splitter draws all the power it needs from the HDMI connection itself. However, an external 5 VDC power supply can be used instead." Why would you use a power supply if you don't have to?

I got the non-pigtail splitter and was hoping I didn't have use the power supply. I guess my HDMI run to the AVR was too long (10 feet I think?), because I didn't get a signal until I plugged the power supply into the splitter. YMMV.

I just ordered this one. Should get it Wednesday or tomorrow, depending on where Amazon is warehousing them and how they send it. (The manufacturer is in Texas, so my guess is tomorrow, via USPS from a Phoenix or LA suburb).

Mike Scott (XBL: MikeHellion, PSN: MarcHellion)

"Think of the cable company as a group of terrorist (sic)." -- hookbill
post #10898 of 16214 Old 11-25-2013, 12:52 PM

Liked: 14
Quote:
Originally Posted by spid View Post

How do you plan on connecting the Xbox One to the AVR?

Cable/Sat -> Xbox One -> AVR -> TV should work.

Currently, the Xbox One will not switch inputs if that is what you are looking for.

I have everything connected to the AVR including sat/cbl. Is there any benefit in plugging the sat/cbl to the xbone aside from voice commands working and tiring on the sat/cbl connection?

Currently I can control everything with my denon and switch between inputs. What do you guys recommend as far as cabling and physical configuration of the devices.
post #10899 of 16214 Old 11-25-2013, 12:53 PM

Liked: 14
What is the default surround audio that the xbone plays and how you set up 7.x for game play? I will not use this to play blu-rays
post #10900 of 16214 Old 11-25-2013, 01:04 PM
AVS Club Gold

Quoted: 204 Post(s)
Liked: 578
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hksvr4 View Post

^^ Yea, if you check on Craigslist, Day One editions are everywhere. Being sold for 200-300 more. I was going to do the same and glad I didn't because I would have been stuck with it.

I don't know how you would be stuck with it. I bid on a dozen XBOne auctions yesterday and they all sold for $640 to over $700

39TB unRAID1--53TB unRAID2--36TB unRAID3
LED DLP
XBL/PSN: WormholeXtreme

post #10901 of 16214 Old 11-25-2013, 01:09 PM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 33
Yea, I would have to put it up on ebay if it didnt sell locally.
post #10902 of 16214 Old 11-25-2013, 01:16 PM

Liked: 12

Hi all just signed up, have had a problem with multiple stereo receivers and my new xbox one. the problem i'm having is the signal between my satellite receiver and my stereo receiver is being lost so when the satellite box is connected to the xbox one satellite in port it works fine for the most part but after a period of time the image will be frozen on the xbox one screen and if i move the hdmi cable from the xbox one to the tv directly it starts working so i believe it's an hdmi negotiation issue between my satellite box and my stereos, i've updated firmware on my new receiver but no change. My old stereo receiver was a Denon 2308CI and the new one is a Pioneer ASX 823. I'm also having problems with connecting the xbox one directly to an hdmi port on the Pioneer ASX 823. The audio passes through but the screen on my tv is pink. This wasn't the case with the Denon 2308. There's another thread where other Pioneer amp users are having this problem. I tried updating firmware and no change. It does work maybe 1 in 10 times which is frustrating. Can anyone help out or chime in. Thanks very much in advance for any info or infput.

post #10903 of 16214 Old 11-25-2013, 01:55 PM
AVS Club Gold

Liked: 191
A pink screen usually indicates a color space problem. Somewhere, a device is expecting YCbCr and getting RGB or vice versa. Check the settings on your tv or AVR to see whether you have a color space manually selected and switch it if so to see if that solves the problem.

Absence of evidence is not evidence of absence

post #10904 of 16214 Old 11-25-2013, 02:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrlittlejeans View Post

A pink screen usually indicates a color space problem. Somewhere, a device is expecting YCbCr and getting RGB or vice versa. Check the settings on your tv or AVR to see whether you have a color space manually selected and switch it if so to see if that solves the problem.

Thank you I have been trying to check around but will check again. I checked the amp, tv and xbox but will check all 3 again. Most have been left to Auto setting but will tinker and see what I can find. Is there a specific setting I should be looking for and I'm guessing it's on the amp since my last amp(Denon 2308) was just fine with the same tv and xbox one. 

post #10905 of 16214 Old 11-25-2013, 02:24 PM
Advanced Member

Liked: 15
Yesterday while playing the XB1 I got the message that it lost the connection to my controller several times. Each time it reconnected by itself within a second or so. I am using the batteries that came with the controller and probably had less than 10 hours of use on them. Anyone else seeing this behavior?

XBL Gamertag: Robbo67
post #10906 of 16214 Old 11-25-2013, 02:33 PM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 127
Quote:
Originally Posted by Robbo View Post

Yesterday while playing the XB1 I got the message that it lost the connection to my controller several times. Each time it reconnected by itself within a second or so. I am using the batteries that came with the controller and probably had less than 10 hours of use on them. Anyone else seeing this behavior?

Not me, I have played for at least 20 hours now on the AA duracells provided with the XB1.

XBOX Live ID: HONDEboyMAN
PSN ID: ahartig
post #10907 of 16214 Old 11-25-2013, 02:48 PM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 41
Quote:
Originally Posted by bucwylde23 View Post

Doesn't matter where you bought your Xbox from you can buy Xbox Complete.

Step 2: Purchase Microsoft Complete

You can purchase Microsoft Complete anytime within the first 45 days of owning the product. You can make this purchase one of three ways:

You can purchase Microsoft Complete when you purchase your Xbox product at a Microsoft Store location or through an online retailer.
You can purchase Microsoft Complete by contacting a Microsoft Store support agent. To do this, go to the Microsoft Store website and click Contact us to find a regional sales number.
You can purchase Microsoft Complete directly from Microsoft through the Xbox Online Service Center.
Time to complete: About 5 minutes

This is what it says for me. "Standard Warranty: Expires Feb 6, 2015"

Service Offers

Microsoft Complete - Xbox One - 2 Year

Covers hardware issues for 2 years from date of device purchase. In the event of a device malfunction, plan provides an Advanced Exchange replacement option at no additional charge (no upfront charge; credit card hold required and charges apply if original unit is not returned). Also covers up to 2 controller replacements during the coverage period. Exclusions apply. Review contract terms and conditions for details.

So I called them and after the guy checked with his supervisor, he confirmed it is a total of 3 years. I guess once I order it, I can go into my warranty coverage and see the end date.
Thanks for the additional info.
post #10908 of 16214 Old 11-25-2013, 03:17 PM
Advanced Member

Liked: 67
Quote:

Yes my batteries that came with the console died yesterday afternoon and the controller kept disconnecting. The rumble had stopped working as well. New batteries working great now.

Xbox Live/PSN: bucwylde23

Daekwan: What makes a grown man want to be a troll like this?

coyote_5: You know who's cool and doesn't know it? Bucwylde. Jus' sayin.

post #10909 of 16214 Old 11-25-2013, 03:26 PM

Liked: 10
Verizon Fios-
Standard Def channels showing up in what looks like a shrunk down version of 4:3.

Everything looks good in HD, but the standard def channels and anything recorded in SD are a small 4:3 box with borders all around, can even see noise at the top of the screen.
Check the cable box settings they are all good.
TV is on FULL or JUST Panny st-60
Am I missing a setting somewhere ?
post #10910 of 16214 Old 11-25-2013, 03:33 PM

I figured out a solution to my earlier problem. I changed video settings on Xbox One to 36 bit and it's working now on my Pioneer amp. Hope that helps some other people out as well. 

post #10911 of 16214 Old 11-25-2013, 03:36 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 8 Post(s)
Liked: 429
Quote:

No I have used the batteties since the midnight launch. Between using the voice and my Harmony remotes none of the batteries have died. I have Duracell batteries for mine as well. I just have a habit of turning my controllers off physically when I am done using them and have the timer set up to shut them down after a certain time.

The 5.0 is here
post #10912 of 16214 Old 11-25-2013, 03:58 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 5 Post(s)
Liked: 247
Here's something I'd like to see in the options. A delay for turning on certain components via the Xboxon ccommand. If I turn on my onkyo receiver before my panny plasma is fully turned on, my tv/directv remote controls the tv sound rather than the receiver. If I could delay or turning on 5 seconds or even make it a separate command, it wouldn't be a problem.

Xbox Gamertag/PSN ID: RemoWilliams84

"I started out with nothing, and I still got most of it." -Seasick Steve

post #10913 of 16214 Old 11-25-2013, 03:59 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 21
Has anyone figured out a fix for the party chat errors? I invite my friend to a party then enable party chat. He them joins and when he goes to enable it it says it can't be enabled try again later.

post #10914 of 16214 Old 11-25-2013, 04:18 PM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 20
Quote:
Originally Posted by RemoWilliams84 View Post

Here's something I'd like to see in the options. A delay for turning on certain components via the Xboxon ccommand. If I turn on my onkyo receiver before my panny plasma is fully turned on, my tv/directv remote controls the tv sound rather than the receiver. If I could delay or turning on 5 seconds or even make it a separate command, it wouldn't be a problem.

My DirecTV box sometimes shows up as no signal within the XBOX One HDMI input after initally powering on. I'm convinced it's a handshake issue with the DTV box powering on first and the XBOX One not ready to accept the connection so it shows as disconnected. A simple on and off with the DTV box fixes the issue for me.
post #10915 of 16214 Old 11-25-2013, 04:29 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 10 Post(s)
Liked: 202
Quote:
Originally Posted by FourDoor View Post

My DirecTV box sometimes shows up as no signal within the XBOX One HDMI input after initally powering on. I'm convinced it's a handshake issue with the DTV box powering on first and the XBOX One not ready to accept the connection so it shows as disconnected. A simple on and off with the DTV box fixes the issue for me.
I'm having this problem on the 360 as well.
post #10916 of 16214 Old 11-25-2013, 04:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by crevai View Post

Verizon Fios-
Standard Def channels showing up in what looks like a shrunk down version of 4:3.

Everything looks good in HD, but the standard def channels and anything recorded in SD are a small 4:3 box with borders all around, can even see noise at the top of the screen.
Check the cable box settings they are all good.
TV is on FULL or JUST Panny st-60
Am I missing a setting somewhere ?
Hmm, I don't watch any SD content, so I'll investigate tonight and let you know my findings.
post #10917 of 16214 Old 11-25-2013, 04:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Project H View Post

What is the default surround audio that the xbone plays and how you set up 7.x for game play? I will not use this to play blu-rays
The default format is DTS 5.1 for all native X1 content. You can change this to 7.1 in the settings I believe. I use 5.1 through optical.
post #10918 of 16214 Old 11-25-2013, 05:12 PM
Advanced Member

Liked: 58
This may sound silly...but I'm struggling with WHAT to play on my ONE. I didn't buy any launch games and really just future proofed to prepare for the 2014 and beyond titles. It feels silly using my 360 to play GTA 5 with the ONE there next to it. I may look at getting AC or B4 but nothing really screams at me to pick it up now. I really wish there were some better titles out there...

Big Trouble in Little China - greatest film ever made

Gamertag: Team Banzai
post #10919 of 16214 Old 11-25-2013, 05:16 PM

The only part about my Xbox One that makes me sad is that I have no friends on it yet, they're all on Xbox 360 still :( Hopefully they'll start showing up around Christmas.

pennhunter and beach scrub like this.
post #10920 of 16214 Old 11-25-2013, 05:30 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Liked: 34
Quote:
Originally Posted by tededfred View Post

I figured out a solution to my earlier problem. I changed video settings on Xbox One to 36 bit and it's working now on my Pioneer amp. Hope that helps some other people out as well. 

I wonder if that'll help the 1. calibration accuracy 2. make the colors on my One COD look like the 360 COD-Ironically I like the way the 360 version looks much better. Any suggestions welcome guys...

Xbox Live: General PATT0N
Reply Xbox Area

Tags
Monoprice , Xbox One Console Day One Edition

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page