post #11161 of 16821 Old 11-29-2013, 08:09 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 65 Post(s)
Liked: 353
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hksvr4 View Post

If USB is not supported, then why the hell did they put 2 ports on the back and 1 on the side. Does that make sense?

It is not supported at this time, but that does not mean they will not add the functionality into the system next year.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #11162 of 16821 Old 11-29-2013, 08:25 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 13 Post(s)
Liked: 34
Quote:
Originally Posted by spid View Post

It is not supported at this time, but that does not mean they will not add the functionality into the system next year.
Why support it later when I need it now. Its not like i have to buy the ports, its on there. It was fine on the 360. What's the USB port on the controller for? Anyone know?
post #11163 of 16821 Old 11-29-2013, 08:30 PM
JSY

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 28
Quote:

Why support it later when I need it now. Its not like i have to buy the ports, its on there. It was fine on the 360. What's the USB port on the controller for? Anyone know?

For the Play & Charge kit.. to connect to the USB port on the side to your controller to charge the rechargeable battery in the kit.
post #11164 of 16821 Old 11-29-2013, 08:36 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 65 Post(s)
Liked: 353
Quote:

The 360 and the Xbox One run on two different operating systems. Not every feature in the 8 year old console has been replicated in the week old console. They have already committed to bringing back support for external usb drives. It is coming just not now.
post #11165 of 16821 Old 11-29-2013, 09:18 PM

Liked: 10

hey m8,

how did you go about this i'm having the same problem cant play anyone online.my router is a technicolor TG582n.i'm also having troubles with the kinect it keeps turning off & on.would love some help

Cheers Aaron

post #11166 of 16821 Old 11-29-2013, 09:21 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 13 Post(s)
Liked: 34
Why add 3 USB's on the console and not support it? Im pretty sure they intended it to work but decided to not support it on launch and then bring it back. Kinda backwards.
post #11167 of 16821 Old 11-29-2013, 09:23 PM
AVS Club Gold

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 448 Post(s)
Liked: 646
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chodite View Post

Anyone else not getting center channel audio from any XB1 game? Coming through just fine on the HD box (connected through XB1). Just no in-game center channel. Audio settings are at 5.1 uncompressed. All HDMI connection. Not sure what's up. Could it be my crappy Sony receiver?
I definitely noticed this on ghosts. But mainly because of chat. The voices should be coming from the centre channel instead of the FL/FR speakers.
Plus I swear they have the rear surrounds swapped between the rear back and side surrounds when sending 5.1 in a 7.1 wrapper. Although it's been over 12 years since I messed with 5.1. I need to get a test disc out to check. I went to a 7.1 setup back in 2001 so I could just be misremembering things.

39TB unRAID1--53TB unRAID2--36TB unRAID3
LED DLP
XBL/PSN: WormholeXtreme

post #11168 of 16821 Old 11-29-2013, 09:28 PM
AVS Club Gold

Quote:

Why add 3 USB's on the console and not support it? Im pretty sure they intended it to work but decided to not support it on launch and then bring it back. Kinda backwards.

They talked about it a long time ago. Things were rushed as it was. They had to prioritise features. Sony did the same thing with the PS4. Neither company could get all features in at launch. And it was never expected to be. Since we have known for a long time that things were rushed with both systems.

LED DLP

post #11169 of 16821 Old 11-29-2013, 09:36 PM

Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by michaeltscott View Post

If your Xbox is set up to output 1080p you should get those encodes; I just checked it again and I do--it ramped up to 5800 Kbps in 8 seconds . You might be having trouble with Thanksgiving day congestion. I have 100 Mbps service on Cox San Diego South; Cox is a Netflix Open Connect partner. ISPs who are set up as Open Connect partners get direct lines into their networks from Netflix's Open Connect CDN and caching servers installed in their WANs so that the most commonly requested titles don't cross the Internet at all. Sadly Comcast and TWC, the nation's two largest ISPs (by a wide margin), have declined to become OC partners.

So, if Verizon is not an OC partner then I won't get those "SuperHD" encodes? I also tested with my Wiiu, which shows the SuperHD logo, and it couldn't get to the higher encodes either.
post #11170 of 16821 Old 11-29-2013, 09:48 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 59 Post(s)
Liked: 164
Quote:

One port for a USB plug and charge kit for a controller, another to add an external Hard Drive if you like, and another for a USB stick if so choose. Who knows why they added 3, but at least they did. Like@aaronwt said in a later post they could not get all the features in at launch and they will be coming in a later update.

Xbox Live: DaBeavers
PSN- Arutha_conDoin
Steam- An0mander
"Too much knowledge never makes for simple decisions."
-Ghanima Atreides
post #11171 of 16821 Old 11-29-2013, 10:24 PM
AVS Addicted Member

Quoted: 283 Post(s)
Liked: 503
Quote:
Originally Posted by Darth Omi View Post

So, if Verizon is not an OC partner then I won't get those "SuperHD" encodes? I also tested with my Wiiu, which shows the SuperHD logo, and it couldn't get to the higher encodes either.

That's no longer true. OC partner subs have an advantage but the Super HD encodes are now available to everyone; they started out last March being only available to OC partner subs but they changed that in late September. You should get them if there's enough bandwidth on your connection to Netflix's servers. Lots of people have a hard time getting the higher bit rate Netflix video encodes for any number of reasons; it's a complex situation.

Sometimes people can get them on one device and not another. There are apparently several different sets of video encodes (in a recruiting slideshow Netflix revealed that they produced 120 "downloadables" for every title). Your different devices may use different encodes and get connected to different servers.

Google "Netflix Super HD" (or should I say Bing it in this thread biggrin.gif); lot of blogging about it. Here's one interesting article on the topic. There are FiOS customers who've said in these forums that they get good service from Netflix with reliable access to the highest quality video encodes. aaronwt, aren't you an FiOS sub who gets good Netflix service?

Mike Scott (XBL: MikeHellion, PSN: MarcHellion)

"Think of the cable company as a group of terrorist (sic)." -- hookbill
post #11172 of 16821 Old 11-29-2013, 10:41 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked: 18
so is anyone here using an Xbox One with a Dish Hopper ?
post #11173 of 16821 Old 11-29-2013, 11:32 PM

Liked: 42
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scarpad View Post

so is anyone here using an Xbox One with a Dish Hopper ?
I used the one with my hopper for a couple days. Unplugged it because I like the hopper guide much better for tv. Guess I need to get an hdmi switcher thing but am worried about delays and picture quality.
post #11174 of 16821 Old 11-30-2013, 04:05 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Liked: 68
Quote:
Originally Posted by soundwhat View Post

I used the one with my hopper for a couple days. Unplugged it because I like the hopper guide much better for tv. Guess I need to get an hdmi switcher thing but am worried about delays and picture quality.
If you mean splitter (run cable box out to both X1 & TV/AVR) I can recommend this one - http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B008D66RAU/ref=oh_details_o02_s01_i00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Small & seems to work just fine...........it is however a powered splitter.

It's just my opinion & it's worth exactly what you paid for it.
post #11175 of 16821 Old 11-30-2013, 04:15 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 30
Quote:

I don't know why its so hard to do simple things on the xbox 1.
- party chat - patch waiting.
- 5.1 audio, I'm on the beta now. But it took me 2 days to find it.
- close/quit game
- USB not supported instead they want me to stream from my PC to watch my downloaded movies. But requires window 8. I have 7. Or buy a movie from MS.
- can't find setting. Unless I pin it.
- can't find storage space.

Bf4 still looks and play nicely tho.

Finding settings without pinning it is actually easy with the controller, just hit what was the start button (on the 360 controller --now the button with the lines on it) and the settings is right there. I think thats where quitting a game is also.
post #11176 of 16821 Old 11-30-2013, 05:50 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 76 Post(s)
Liked: 104
Just got to say....

AC4 looks effin' amazing on the One. Especially, after I figured out how to get the color settings correct on my equipment (RGB limited on the One and changed my Pioneer 141's HDMI input to RGB limited).

At first, the background on the One's dashboard was washed-out. Now, it is black.

Mathematics is the reason for the season.

http://www.teacherspayteachers.com/Store/Ogive

post #11177 of 16821 Old 11-30-2013, 06:27 AM
Advanced Member

Liked: 13
How embarrassing... your customers are forced to use Skype to chat. I'm shocked they're having so much trouble with the party system. Joining games with your friends is a nightmare. I don't know, maybe it's the smart match stuff but I really don't get how something that's worked flawlessly for the last eight years can be so broken....
post #11178 of 16821 Old 11-30-2013, 07:04 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked: 12
Well, my XBOne wireless controller is broken. The Analog stick is stuck in the up position. Makes playing games and navigating the menus impossible. Called support and I have to send the old controller back and they will ship a new day one controller. Kinda sucks.
-Evangelo2
post #11179 of 16821 Old 11-30-2013, 07:49 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 59 Post(s)
Liked: 164
Did anyone rename their Xbox One yet? I just renamed mine to Skynet. I try to keep a Sci FI theme for my Electronic devices and I'm running out of Dune name ideas. For some reason Skynet popped in and I could not get it out. I blame it on the Kinect wink.gif

Xbox Live: DaBeavers
PSN- Arutha_conDoin
Steam- An0mander
"Too much knowledge never makes for simple decisions."
-Ghanima Atreides
post #11180 of 16821 Old 11-30-2013, 08:38 AM

Liked: 17
Hey guys/gals. Here is what i have found with my setup:
1 the uncompressed on xbox one sucks - put in the new star trek on bluray - no 7.1 audio even when set to 7.1 uncompressed
2 there is a dts digital surround codec which is fine but no DTS HD MASTER AUDIO
3 no dolby at all - dolby digital, dolby digital and specifically not DOLBY TRUE HD
4 when i think of next gen and dont get me wrong i am an xbox fanboy but dont try to sell me this as the "ONE" unit i need for entertainment
5 where are the game demos on xbox one? I want to try a game and if i like it i might actually buy the download instead of having to go to the store (like how microsoft want me to not have a physical copy)
5a how about this idea: charge me $10 for a game rental (of a major release-not arcade) for 3 days and if i would like to purchase it after my 72 hour rental is up let me do so for $50 since i already invested $10. This could do wonders even for microsofts bottom line
6 i know streaming movies is the future, but the quality is so bad even when you stream hd compared to a bluray - so tel me why i need netflix, vudu, xbox video and redbox instant all designed to steal money from me for a less the standard quality hd video service

7 MICROSOFT NEEDS TO STOP TREATING PEOPLE LIKE THEY ARE A CABLE COMPANY AND SAYING YOU NEED THIS AND THIS BUT NOT THIS OR THIS. THE ONLY APPS I HAVE SEEN ON THE XBOX ONE ARE DESIGNED TO TAKE MONEY OUT OF MY POCKET. WHERE ARE THE FREE APPS WE ALL ENJOY LIKE TWITTER, FACEBOOK, IMDB, IHEART RADIO AND SHOPPING APPS LIKE BEST BUY AND AMAZON? There is youtube which is cool and crackle (a very tiny amount of programming- but free none the less) i can get any of these options they have bundled into the xbox one on any smart tv or smart bluray player.

8 the graphics are pretty good. I know much has been made out of the 1080p vs 720p but it is really not an issue. The graphics are beautiful and i have not spotted any difference in the ps4 over the xbox one. Games look great on both. There is a definite upgrade from cod ghost on xbox 360 to the xbox one.
9 the kinect works great as long as your are talking to the xbox one in the way it was designed- there is a list of simple commands you should get to know on the internet
10 just give me the audio formats i want like dolby true hd and dts hd master audio

Those were my 10 thoughts on the xbox one and how to make it better. I know all of this stuff can and will be fixed in the future, next time maybe they should release a system that is finished. Stop relying on the internet for your inadequate development process.

RICHW23

Richw23's gear:
Pioneer 1021 7.1 Xbox 360 Sony PS3 Epson 8350 Elite ezframe 106" 1.1 gain screen Bic formula fh65b front L & R Polk cs10 center Fluance avbp2 side surrounds Polk tsi-100 rear surrounds Polk psw-125 subwoofer Harmony link remote ipad app
post #11181 of 16821 Old 11-30-2013, 09:57 AM
AVS Club Gold

Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Liked: 192
Quote:

Curious why you can't use the hopper guide while plugged into the X1. My directv guide works fine through the xbox. I bought a splitter but now think it was a waste of time since I don't find myself switching to the tv input on the AVR anymore.

Absence of evidence is not evidence of absence

post #11182 of 16821 Old 11-30-2013, 10:09 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 15 Post(s)
Liked: 115
Quote:
Originally Posted by richw23 View Post

1 the uncompressed on xbox one sucks - put in the new star trek on bluray - no 7.1 audio even when set to 7.1 uncompressed
2 there is a dts digital surround codec which is fine but no DTS HD MASTER AUDIO
3 no dolby at all - dolby digital, dolby digital and specifically not DOLBY TRUE HD
4 when i think of next gen and dont get me wrong i am an xbox fanboy but dont try to sell me this as the "ONE" unit i need for entertainment
5 where are the game demos on xbox one? I want to try a game and if i like it i might actually buy the download instead of having to go to the store (like how microsoft want me to not have a physical copy)
5a how about this idea: charge me $10 for a game rental (of a major release-not arcade) for 3 days and if i would like to purchase it after my 72 hour rental is up let me do so for $50 since i already invested $10. This could do wonders even for microsofts bottom line
6 i know streaming movies is the future, but the quality is so bad even when you stream hd compared to a bluray - so tel me why i need netflix, vudu, xbox video and redbox instant all designed to steal money from me for a less the standard quality hd video service

7 MICROSOFT NEEDS TO STOP TREATING PEOPLE LIKE THEY ARE A CABLE COMPANY AND SAYING YOU NEED THIS AND THIS BUT NOT THIS OR THIS. THE ONLY APPS I HAVE SEEN ON THE XBOX ONE ARE DESIGNED TO TAKE MONEY OUT OF MY POCKET. WHERE ARE THE FREE APPS WE ALL ENJOY LIKE TWITTER, FACEBOOK, IMDB, IHEART RADIO AND SHOPPING APPS LIKE BEST BUY AND AMAZON? There is youtube which is cool and crackle (a very tiny amount of programming- but free none the less) i can get any of these options they have bundled into the xbox one on any smart tv or smart bluray player.

8 the graphics are pretty good. I know much has been made out of the 1080p vs 720p but it is really not an issue. The graphics are beautiful and i have not spotted any difference in the ps4 over the xbox one. Games look great on both. There is a definite upgrade from cod ghost on xbox 360 to the xbox one.
9 the kinect works great as long as your are talking to the xbox one in the way it was designed- there is a list of simple commands you should get to know on the internet
10 just give me the audio formats i want like dolby true hd and dts hd master audio

Those were my 10 thoughts on the xbox one and how to make it better. I know all of this stuff can and will be fixed in the future, next time maybe they should release a system that is finished. Stop relying on the internet for your inadequate development process.

RICHW23

I agree with most of what you said. Until you said 720p isn't that much of a difference. This is supposed to be the next gen, something that's going to last another 5-8 years. NOTHING should be running at last gen resolution - nothing. This is supposed to be a game system, not a 360+ with tv features right?

I really like mine so far, but if they do not get the 1080p straightened out, my PS4 will get played the most.

Also, unrelated to quote above, I am getting the same issue as others with the gamepad disconnecting. It seems the range on the new controllers is really poor.
centking likes this.
post #11183 of 16821 Old 11-30-2013, 10:44 AM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
Quoted: 112 Post(s)
Liked: 682
Quote:
Originally Posted by newfmp3 View Post

I agree with most of what you said. Until you said 720p isn't that much of a difference. This is supposed to be the next gen, something that's going to last another 5-8 years. NOTHING should be running at last gen resolution - nothing. This is supposed to be a game system, not a 360+ with tv features right?

I really like mine so far, but if they do not get the 1080p straightened out, my PS4 will get played the most.

Also, unrelated to quote above, I am getting the same issue as others with the gamepad disconnecting. It seems the range on the new controllers is really poor.

the only thing i would disagree is this idea that 1080p is "next gen", how is something that is a decade old now considered "next gen". 4k should be next gen, not something that about 10 years old...
post #11184 of 16821 Old 11-30-2013, 11:09 AM
AVS Addicted Member

Quoted: 194 Post(s)
Liked: 1369
Quote:
Originally Posted by benjamin-benjami View Post

the only thing i would disagree is this idea that 1080p is "next gen", how is something that is a decade old now considered "next gen". 4k should be next gen, not something that about 10 years old...

True.

Which reminds me...the x1 and ps4 are now officially current gen. That's gonna be confusing for a while.

Steam/PSN/Xbox Live: Darius510
post #11185 of 16821 Old 11-30-2013, 11:22 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 17 Post(s)
Liked: 37
Quote:
Originally Posted by bd2003 View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by benjamin-benjami View Post

True.

Which reminds me...the x1 and ps4 are now officially current gen. That's gonna be confusing for a while.

So true. Also, the inconsistency of Kinect voice command coupled w/ the quirkiness in regards to my Harmony One is getting SO OLD at this point.

Xbox Live: General PATT0N
post #11186 of 16821 Old 11-30-2013, 11:31 AM
AVS Addicted Member

Quoted: 194 Post(s)
Liked: 1369
Quote:
Originally Posted by rightintel View Post

So true. Also, the inconsistency of Kinect voice command coupled w/ the quirkiness in regards to my Harmony One is getting SO OLD at this point.

Yeah between the kinect not working right and otherwise being useless for games, the sub par hardware, the outrageous microtransactions in all the exclusive games, the poor offerings on Xbox live and the meh controller...I decided they're gonna have to do better than this to get my money. I can't believe I'm saying this but right now I'd rather have a Wii U than an X1.

Sold the x1 on craigslist yesterday. Maybe when they get their act together it'll make a good 4th platform for me.
benjamin-benjami likes this.

Steam/PSN/Xbox Live: Darius510
post #11187 of 16821 Old 11-30-2013, 11:37 AM
AVS Club Gold

What's wrong with the controller? It's just like the 360 controller only better. There isn't even anything to get used to. It works like the 360 controller did only it feels more comfortable.

LED DLP

post #11188 of 16821 Old 11-30-2013, 11:41 AM
AVS Club Gold

Quote:
Originally Posted by richw23 View Post

RICHW23

I haven't tried my star trek disc, but I did use my Man of Steel disc and it decoded the 7.1 HD audio and output it in 7.1 as well. Did you actually select the 7.1 track in Star Trek? I think that may have been one of the titles that defaulted to the 5.1 HD audio track. Not sure though but I ran into a couple of titles in the last few months that defaulted to the 5.1 HD audio track and I needed to specifically select the 7.1 HD audio track.

LED DLP

post #11189 of 16821 Old 11-30-2013, 11:44 AM
AVS Addicted Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by bd2003 View Post

I choose to call them "new gen".

post #11190 of 16821 Old 11-30-2013, 11:47 AM
AVS Addicted Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bailey151 View Post

Quote:

Guess I need to get an hdmi switcher thing but am worried about delays and picture quality.
If you mean splitter (run cable box out to both X1 & TV/AVR) I can recommend this one - http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B008D66RAU/ref=oh_details_o02_s01_i00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Small & seems to work just fine...........it is however a powered splitter.

I've been using that one too--it works perfectly with no discernible picture degradation. I am not impressed with the Xbox One TV app but I want to be able to use it if the urge strikes me.

Reply Xbox Area

Tags
Monoprice , Xbox One Console Day One Edition

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page