64Likes

post #12241 of 16211 Old 01-02-2014, 11:55 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 26
Quote:
Originally Posted by smithfarmer View Post

Of course they do. They will continue to do so until the market dictates otherwise.  Agreed

They aren't requiring a fee to use a service you already pay for. They are requiring a fee for you to use their box to access a service which you already pay for and that fee also encompasses online multiplayer gaming and many other services that you may or may not subscribe to as well.   They have a netflix app, I cannot use it unless I subscribe to gold, therefor I have to pay to use a service I already pay for.  Its the same thing you just said you just tried to word it cutely to make it fit your point.

So a PS4 can control your tv, receiver, cable box and provide an interactive cable guide as well? That's news to me.  Did you really think that is what I meant...........
If it's not too expensive or a rip off then what's the problem? Become a subscriber to Live and use the box to it's fullest potential. Just remember, if you want to use the PS4 to it's fullest potential, you'll have to subscribe to their service as well.  The Xbox will only play games and watch movies without gold. The ps4 will watch movies, play games, stream movie services and browse the internet without PS+.  I think its simple point to grasp that myself and many others don't think things like browsing the web should require a gold subscription.  Not everyone plays games online and if you don't your forced into xbox live to get pretty much every function that is advertised for it besides just playing single player games. 

Microsoft just needs to take a different direction with gold in my opinion.  Work more and making me want it then needing it to not have a console from 2 generations ago.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #12242 of 16211 Old 01-02-2014, 11:58 AM
AVS Addicted Member

Quoted: 85 Post(s)
Liked: 1330
Quote:
Originally Posted by RemoWilliams84 View Post

Am I the only one that doesn't care at all about acheivments? The've always seemed completely pointless and I don't know that I've ever looked at my acheivment list on 360 or one.

I used to care when it was an exclusive 360 feature. Me and my friends basically got into an achievement points competition. But it basically fell apart after every platform implemented their own achievements and they weren't directly comparable. XBL, steam, PSN, battle.net, even apple. Especially now that you can get pseudo-achievements for watching TV the entire concept is so diluted that I don't really care anymore.

Steam/PSN/Xbox Live: Darius510
post #12243 of 16211 Old 01-02-2014, 11:59 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bd2003 View Post

I used to care when it was an exclusive 360 feature. Me and my friends basically got into an achievement points competition. But it basically fell apart after every platform implemented their own achievements and they weren't directly comparable. XBL, steam, PSN, battle.net, even apple. Especially now that you can get pseudo-achievements for watching TV the entire concept is so diluted that I don't really care anymore.

I never really go out of my way to get them but it is cool when you get a rare one from time to time. 

post #12244 of 16211 Old 01-02-2014, 12:51 PM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 43
Quote:
Originally Posted by bwalker36 
Not everyone plays games online and if you don't your forced into xbox live to get pretty much every function that is advertised for it besides just playing single player games.

It's not just for gaming or media streaming services. It's intended to be a media hub for access to many forms of entertainment that you or I haven't even considered yet and Microsoft seems to think it will be worth the fee and many millions of other people seem to think so as well. In the same way Netflix is producing their own content now, MS will be as well. They will be trying many, many different things to entice you to subscribe to their services. Think long term.

Quote:
Work .... to not have a console from 2 generations ago.

Same could be said about the PS3.5..err..PS4. wink.gif
post #12245 of 16211 Old 01-02-2014, 02:36 PM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 30
Quote:
Originally Posted by RemoWilliams84 View Post

Am I the only one that doesn't care at all about acheivments? The've always seemed completely pointless and I don't know that I've ever looked at my acheivment list on 360 or one.

I like achievements in the sense that once I complete a game they give me a reason to go back and do more (if I liked a game). For some reason I find it hard to motivate myself to keep playing a game I have beaten even if I really enjoyed it. I mean I can go back 6 months or a year later and play it again but the acheivements (if they are in my opinion acheivable by me) will keep me playing in the short term longer. I don't even look at my gamerscore or anything, it just gives me ideas of new things to try or to look for.
post #12246 of 16211 Old 01-02-2014, 02:38 PM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 30
Was playing a game this past sunday and decided i needed to know the score of the chargers game but it wasn't showing up on the scroll of the game I was watching on my other TV so I said Xbox SNAP NFL.... nothing happened. Said it louder, and louder.... then realized I was playing on my 360 on another TV input tongue.gif. Stupid 360 backlog biggrin.gif
pennhunter likes this.
post #12247 of 16211 Old 01-02-2014, 04:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AHDTVDiet View Post

Was playing a game this past sunday and decided i needed to know the score of the chargers game but it wasn't showing up on the scroll of the game I was watching on my other TV so I said Xbox SNAP NFL.... nothing happened. Said it louder, and louder.... then realized I was playing on my 360 on another TV input tongue.gif. Stupid 360 backlog biggrin.gif

priceless haha

Also about the gold sub, I think we are all to hung up on netflix.  Remember you cant web browse, use one guide or stream.  Its not just one app its like pretty much everything but watch movies and play SP games.  They advertise so many features but they are all locked behind the gold sub and I think that is backwards.  

Playstation could not charge off the bat becuase their online platform sucked so they provided incentives, starting with qore which sucked, then went to free games, discounts and the like.  Like I said a million times lol they just need to change direction lol.

pennhunter likes this.
post #12248 of 16211 Old 01-02-2014, 05:12 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 24 Post(s)
Liked: 148
Quote:
Originally Posted by bwalker36 View Post

On a side note every once in a while my power brick is orange which I thought was becuase there was an update and I need to start manually.  However the controller won't wake it either only hitting the actual button, any thoughts?  
I thought he Orange or White Light on the power supply indicated what power down state the console was in? I can't recall which one it is suppose to be in stand by mode and when the system is totally off.

Xbox Live: DaBeavers
PSN- Arutha_conDoin
Steam- An0mander
"Too much knowledge never makes for simple decisions."
-Ghanima Atreides
post #12249 of 16211 Old 01-02-2014, 05:23 PM
AVS Club Gold

Quoted: 183 Post(s)
Liked: 572
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arutha_conDoin View Post

I thought he Orange or White Light on the power supply indicated what power down state the console was in? I can't recall which one it is suppose to be in stand by mode and when the system is totally off.

On mine when in standby the light is still white and is drawing around 16 watts. When it is powered off it turns orange and is not drawing any power(at least not enough to measure on my watt meter). But when the light is orange I can boot the XBOne by hitting the button on the controller.

39TB unRAID1--53TB unRAID2--36TB unRAID3
LED DLP
XBL/PSN: WormholeXtreme

post #12250 of 16211 Old 01-02-2014, 06:02 PM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 43
Quote:

On a side note every once in a while my power brick is orange which I thought was becuase there was an update and I need to start manually.  However the controller won't wake it either only hitting the actual button, any thoughts?  

That happened a couple of days after I first set it up and I thought it had died on me. Turns out I didn't have the power cord seated all of the way in to the PS. Hasn't happened since. The main problem I have is that Kinect won't turn on when prompted. I have to practically yell at it at least three times to get it to turn on. If it doesn't turn on after the third try I'll just walk over and turn it on. I used to curse at it but that didn't work either.

Once on, there's no problem with it obeying commands. It does everything asked but simply will not turn on the first time I enter the room and say Xbox on. I've tried a few different placements and have recalibrated at least twenty times and nothing seems to work so I'm likely sending it back to the retailer for a replacement. I had ordered a replacement Kinect but MS couldn't seem to get the address format for my office correct and it was sent back to them by Fed Ex.
post #12251 of 16211 Old 01-03-2014, 05:21 AM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 41
Wondering if anyone here has taken the One's headset and modified it so you can use it with your normal set of headphones. I use Astro A50's so I put a 3.5mm plug on the end of the One's wire. Cutting the actual headset off of course. To connect the 2 devices I use a 3.5 mm and 2.5 mm wire. As an experiment, I used Skype to make a call and it worked fine. The problem is, while I could be heard, the volume seemed to be lower than expected. Is this normal for Skype? There is no static luckily. I haven't tried online gaming yet as I was hoping to make sure it functioned properly first. Except for the length of the two wires, it looks pretty good. Probably going to be something similar when they come out with the adapter.
post #12252 of 16211 Old 01-03-2014, 06:31 AM

Quoted: 5 Post(s)
Liked: 31
Picked up a second controller packaged with a play and charge kit. The cable is nice and long and the battery is Lion. Maybe these will last better than the old 360 batteries that seemed to die off pretty rapidly.

Anyone else complete all of the Luna boards for Peggle 2 yet? :P
post #12253 of 16211 Old 01-03-2014, 07:27 AM

Liked: 16
Quote:
Originally Posted by johnbe View Post

Wondering if anyone here has taken the One's headset and modified it so you can use it with your normal set of headphones. I use Astro A50's so I put a 3.5mm plug on the end of the One's wire. Cutting the actual headset off of course. To connect the 2 devices I use a 3.5 mm and 2.5 mm wire. As an experiment, I used Skype to make a call and it worked fine. The problem is, while I could be heard, the volume seemed to be lower than expected. Is this normal for Skype? There is no static luckily. I haven't tried online gaming yet as I was hoping to make sure it functioned properly first. Except for the length of the two wires, it looks pretty good. Probably going to be something similar when they come out with the adapter.

Is there a headset thread for the XBONE? I see that the Polk Melee is on sale at Amazon and they will ship an adapter for the XBONE when they are available.
Polk Melee

What are people's thoughts on headsets? Keep your amp (Mixamp/Tritton/Astro) and just get a good mic to connect to the controller or Bluetooth? Or get a new complete setup made for the XBONE?

Xbox GT: Crowsslt1
post #12254 of 16211 Old 01-03-2014, 07:46 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 28 Post(s)
Liked: 69
Quote:
Originally Posted by CrowSS View Post

Is there a headset thread for the XBONE? I see that the Polk Melee is on sale at Amazon and they will ship an adapter for the XBONE when they are available.
Polk Melee

What are people's thoughts on headsets? Keep your amp (Mixamp/Tritton/Astro) and just get a good mic to connect to the controller or Bluetooth? Or get a new complete setup made for the XBONE?

The Polk 4shot has my attention, but I don't like how it doesn't mention simulated surround sound anywhere.

Mathematics is the reason for the season.

http://www.teacherspayteachers.com/Store/Ogive

post #12255 of 16211 Old 01-03-2014, 08:50 AM
Super Moderator

Quoted: 23 Post(s)
Liked: 217
Just checked the thread title and did not see anything mentioning "console war sales talk." So, I've rolled back the thread. Probably took out a few legitimate posts. Apologies for that. While I can see discussing subscriptions as a valid part of this thread, stretching that to discussions of Netflix's bottom line veer way off topic.

Also, let's dial down the bickering, please..

Further bickering or sales/console wars discussions will result in being banned from this thread with no further warning.
DaverJ and ricemanva like this.

Walking the fine line between jaw-dropping and a plain ol' yawn.
post #12256 of 16211 Old 01-03-2014, 08:50 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 20 Post(s)
Liked: 107
Deleted in an effort to curb console war talk, though i do so dearly love console war talk. it's been tradition since grade school and the atari2600 vs intellivision...
ricemanva likes this.

Stand tall and shake the heavens...
post #12257 of 16211 Old 01-03-2014, 08:57 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Liked: 68
Quote:
Originally Posted by bwalker36 View Post

I......And its clear you are the one with blind devotion to your console of choice.  There is no reason to defend every good feature outside of sp games and movies being stuck behind gold..........
LMAO "devotion" - yeah, that would be me................Wii, PS3, Wii U, 360, and now a One = "devotion". Hmm.....last cosole for me in the last gen? 360, wouldn't buy it until it was proven quiet & reliable = slim.

What is irrelvent is the entire concept of "locked behind". In 2005 online gaming was pretty much an "add on' or "extra" for console games, now we have online only games. The online multiplayer portion is huge & represents the vast portion of the market = people are buying XBL for that & anything else is a bonus. What % of the market want the console with only the apps & no online gaming? Maybe a few % = nobody give a chi*t. MS could put the apps like Neflix & Amazon outside the pay wall...........and who would care? The tiny % of the market that doesn't already have gold? The oint being folks are buying gold for the gaming & the other stuff just comes with it = they'll never notice.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DamageMcRamage View Post

Exactly, it is a completely different landscape. Again, I have a tough time understanding how others rationalize that if a service doesn't change to fit the market and stays stagnant, that you can pretend that it is still acceptable. This, in essence, seems to be what is happening here. In 2005, Xbox Live was ahead of its time and well worth the price. It still is worth the price for existing customers who can't live without it, I suppose. Now, in 2014, from a consumer expectation and features standpoint it is not and has fallen behind its competitors offerings. Is it wrong to subscribe to Xbox Live and enjoy it? Absolutely not. No one is saying that to anyone here.
It is frustrating, but it needs to be recognized that these are loyal, long-time fans/subscribers who feel we are bashing their product....which is not the case. We are questioning its relevancy now.

A different landscape? Yep but not the way you seem to think. In the time sicne 2005 micro transactions have become the norm. Folks are fine with paying for avators, skins, DLC, etc = $3/month isn't even on the radar. The cost of XBL was long ago accepted, it is what it is. It's been accepted the way$60 games have been accepted, same way paying a subscription for syncing data across platforms has been accepted. It could change but nothing it pointing in that direction. There's a reason why Sony added in the pay service - they leanred the public was just fine with paying for additinal features (*cough* XBL *cough).

And falling behind against whom? Sony? Still the crappiest interface known to man so I'd say they're not lagging. Or the games you rent with PS+? (rent as in they're gone when you stop the PS+). Or are they behind against the other segments of living room like Apple TV? The $100 device that has no Amazon & no Google. Everything is pretty much iTunes & Netflix. Roku is better but now you hav no games or physical movies. Maybe you're referring to smart TVs & things such as blu ray players? Devices that will likely NEVER see an update or an enhancement = hope it's perfect the 1st time. It would seem in relation MS isn't really behind the times as nobody else offers the same overall package.

What has really changed since 2005 is the interface landscape. The days of the mouse, keyboard, and other physical devices are numbered - the future is touch & voice. Like it or hate it but it IS going to become the norm going forward. Would seem MS is way ahead on this one.

It's just my opinion & it's worth exactly what you paid for it.
post #12258 of 16211 Old 01-03-2014, 08:58 AM
Advanced Member

Liked: 37
I believe they still do the simulated surround sound. I am concerned about reviews saying the volume is low or I would buy right now.
post #12259 of 16211 Old 01-03-2014, 10:01 AM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 127
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arcadia88 View Post

Picked up a second controller packaged with a play and charge kit. The cable is nice and long and the battery is Lion. Maybe these will last better than the old 360 batteries that seemed to die off pretty rapidly.

Anyone else complete all of the Luna boards for Peggle 2 yet? :P

the battery is Lion?

Does that mean its a good battery?

I have been thinking about snagging a NYKO charge station that includes two batteries, costco has this same one for 17.99:

http://www.amazon.com/Nyko-Charge-Base-Xbox-One/dp/B00FLLFJE0/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1388772005&sr=8-1&keywords=nyko+xbox+one\

I currently use 2 AA rechargeable batteries but have noticed that sometimes my controller turns off and I think it's due to the AA batteries coming loose. I would think a battery pack would fix this.

LUNA boards for Peggle completed, although not 100%, not yet at least.
Arutha_conDoin and robklem like this.

XBOX Live ID: HONDEboyMAN
PSN ID: ahartig
post #12260 of 16211 Old 01-03-2014, 10:54 AM

Quoted: 5 Post(s)
Liked: 31
Yep the battery is Lion. The cable also charges the PS4 controllers. I noticed that you can't plug something into the usb on the xbox one and charge until the machine is first turned on. Once plugged then you can turn the machine off and it still charges. I don't know which battery is better but I prefer docking stations to cables any day.
post #12261 of 16211 Old 01-03-2014, 10:57 AM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 127
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arcadia88 View Post

Yep the battery is Lion. The cable also charges the PS4 controllers. I noticed that you can't plug something into the usb on the xbox one and charge until the machine is first turned on. Once plugged then you can turn the machine off and it still charges.

LOL, I just realized what you were referring to, lithioum-ion. Facepalm. confused.gif

XBOX Live ID: HONDEboyMAN
PSN ID: ahartig
post #12262 of 16211 Old 01-03-2014, 11:01 AM
AVS Club Gold

Quote:
Originally Posted by ahartig View Post

the battery is Lion?

I have been thinking about snagging a NYKO charge station that includes two batteries, costco has this same one for 17.99:

http://www.amazon.com/Nyko-Charge-Base-Xbox-One/dp/B00FLLFJE0/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1388772005&sr=8-1&keywords=nyko+xbox+one\

I currently use 2 AA rechargeable batteries but have noticed that sometimes my controller turns off and I think it's due to the AA batteries coming loose. I would think a battery pack would fix this.

Really!?!?! $17.99!?!? That is a great deal. My first one I got a couple of weeks before the XBOne launch from Gamestop for $35. I just picked up a second one for $30 from ebay. I really only needed two batteries and two battery covers for my two controllers for my second XBOne, but that was $25 directly from Nyko, So I just picked up a second one for $30 from ebay since for only $5 extra I got a second charging station..

They work very well, I can go a long time on a charge. Around a week with playing several hours a day.

If you can get one for only $18, that is well worth it.

LED DLP

post #12263 of 16211 Old 01-03-2014, 11:16 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 145
six weeks in and the XBOX gets fair play as gaming system when the kids go to bed by both the wife and I, it gets used to watch TV (using the Homeworx 150PVR and a ClearStream 2V amplified antenna, and controlling Netflix via voice commands for the kids has been extremely useful. except til last night when it stopped with the power on/off of devices. What gives? It has been working perfectly and then all of a sudden I have to use my remotes? #spoiled

I mean seriously, It's 2PM, kids are napping, I'm eating some nachos and cheese while watching the Christmas Special of SNL which was hilarous, I snap the NFL app to check scores. Commercial on Hulu+, no probs, go to TV and watch the live game. This is pretty sweet functional stuff.

Although I'm happy that things are working how they are, I'm by no means satisfied. I want to be able to enter channel numbers by voice, I want to be able to setup behavior for specific words. I don't want to turn it on and then watch TV when everything is off, I want to just have it watch TV when I say XBOX watch TV from low power state. I want it to launch Internet Explorer for Yahoo's weather when I say XBOX Weather. I want it to read RSS feeds from preselected choices from the cloud. When my kids walk in front of the TV, I want it to say "daugher has walked into the family room. Would you like to play Netflix?" and go from there.

this is a super duper PC right? I mean this sort of pre-programmed macros is seriously just an app download away....

now, can the PS4 do that? I'm sure it can...alll it would take really is a USB to HDMI dongle converter or set top box (proprietary of course for $80) and people would snap that up so that it can do the same things that XBOX One can do. Comes with a Mic so that voice commands work, they can lower the price of the camera to $20 and PS4 and XBOX One are now 499 each with the same/similar functionality etc.

it would be easier for me to buy PS4 if I didn't have to pay for Online access. now, I cannot fully justify having two online subscriptions. It's like one is Penthouse and the other is Hustler. Redundant (I know magazines have gone the way of dinosaurs but it's the only impactful analogy I could come up with on this slow Friday at work

I Geez Zeus Me

My life is richer for not knowing what goes on on reality television
post #12264 of 16211 Old 01-03-2014, 11:51 AM

Liked: 19
Quote:
Originally Posted by mikeloxlong View Post

six weeks in and the XBOX gets fair play as gaming system when the kids go to bed by both the wife and I, it gets used to watch TV (using the Homeworx 150PVR and a ClearStream 2V amplified antenna, and controlling Netflix via voice commands for the kids has been extremely useful. except til last night when it stopped with the power on/off of devices. What gives? It has been working perfectly and then all of a sudden I have to use my remotes? #spoiled

I mean seriously, It's 2PM, kids are napping, I'm eating some nachos and cheese while watching the Christmas Special of SNL which was hilarous, I snap the NFL app to check scores. Commercial on Hulu+, no probs, go to TV and watch the live game. This is pretty sweet functional stuff.

Although I'm happy that things are working how they are, I'm by no means satisfied. I want to be able to enter channel numbers by voice, I want to be able to setup behavior for specific words. I don't want to turn it on and then watch TV when everything is off, I want to just have it watch TV when I say XBOX watch TV from low power state. I want it to launch Internet Explorer for Yahoo's weather when I say XBOX Weather. I want it to read RSS feeds from preselected choices from the cloud. When my kids walk in front of the TV, I want it to say "daugher has walked into the family room. Would you like to play Netflix?" and go from there.

this is a super duper PC right? I mean this sort of pre-programmed macros is seriously just an app download away....

now, can the PS4 do that? I'm sure it can...alll it would take really is a USB to HDMI dongle converter or set top box (proprietary of course for $80) and people would snap that up so that it can do the same things that XBOX One can do. Comes with a Mic so that voice commands work, they can lower the price of the camera to $20 and PS4 and XBOX One are now 499 each with the same/similar functionality etc.

it would be easier for me to buy PS4 if I didn't have to pay for Online access. now, I cannot fully justify having two online subscriptions. It's like one is Penthouse and the other is Hustler. Redundant (I know magazines have gone the way of dinosaurs but it's the only impactful analogy I could come up with on this slow Friday at work

I had the same happen yesterday and found a fix just hold the button on the front of the box and it does a soft reset and all was good 🎮

PSN ID: Streetglide75

Xbox One: ZenZilla75
post #12265 of 16211 Old 01-03-2014, 12:00 PM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 32
Quote:
Originally Posted by mikeloxlong View Post

Same, the problem is that once you start using it you think of all the stuff it could potentially do.
mikeloxlong likes this.
post #12266 of 16211 Old 01-03-2014, 12:39 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Quoted: 27 Post(s)
Liked: 622
Quote:
Originally Posted by NuSoardGraphite View Post

Deleted in an effort to curb console war talk, though i do so dearly love console war talk. it's been tradition since grade school and the atari2600 vs intellivision...

I owned an intellivision and it was hands down the better console smile.gif

man i miss it, bump n jump, tron, etc...
post #12267 of 16211 Old 01-03-2014, 12:49 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 145
the horsepower is there, I'm sure some of MS's best and brightest have had some sort of input as to what to come out with with their XBOX One.1 software update. I'm not satisfied with the apps that lesser devices also might have (i.e. Amazon Video/Netflix/Hulu/Skype/TV Network Apps) They need to release a few of these "smarter apps" that can also harness the power of the system. Basically macro commands for the XBOX. I'm sure this has been thought of too with establishing a marketplace/ecosystem being the biggest hurdle. This could be either the saving grace of XBOX One or the decision for its demise.

I foresee a "launcher" app in the same vein as what I had described earlier. One can go online to XBOXLive.com and setup your XBOX Launch App essentially eliminating the XBOX On command. XBOX Watch TV, powers everything on and goes to the TV app. Same with XBOX Weather, powers everything on and launches XBOX Weather applet snapped to TV, or it launches the Weather Channel's XBOX One app which then launches a video forecast or XBOX Finance for stock market news or XBOX News which then launches CNN or FOX News or BBC or SkyTV or whatever news app of your choice?. XBOX go to ESPN is already there, why can't these other video enhanced apps also make the jump?

A step further, If my phone can ring an alarm at 5:30AM why can't my XBOX One? It's in a low power state already so why can't it turn on automatically at like 6:15 AM when I'm downstairs with the kids getting breakfast ready? It would be great ti have it on the News and Weather Loop for 10 minutes or simply have it on the local AM show (Daniella Guzman from NBC5 Chicago). That way it's already on when I get downstairs. It then does a "noise check" to see if there's still activity or an audience and after 5 minutes of silence or repeating noise it will turn itself off (if I forget to say XBOX Turn Off).

What I hope WILL NOT HAPPEN is MS start to nicke and dime apps (ala IOS/Android "free" apps) for more functionality. You can download and install the free app and it will turn things on but it will only turn it on, no apps will launch unless you pay for tier 1 which is $, which lets you do one app launching or tier 2 which is $$, where an app launches and it has the auto turn off feature. etc. etc. etc. Like a lot of these free apps on iOS / Android marketplace, they'll give you a taste and then rake in the cash for each feature that you want. They're doing it with games already...it's only inevitable.

I don't claim to understand how all of it works technically but logically, there's a lot that they can do. Hardware wise, they reserved 2 cores for all of this Kinect stuff right? so that means there's at least 2 processors that can always handle the kinect stuff. Somewhere I read that the XBOX One "keeps alive" 4 activities so they can just take from that for these future Smart apps. two cores, limit the XBOX keep alive list to 3. The framework is there, will they take advantage of it?
Arutha_conDoin likes this.

I Geez Zeus Me

My life is richer for not knowing what goes on on reality television
post #12268 of 16211 Old 01-03-2014, 05:06 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 24 Post(s)
Liked: 148
Quote:
Originally Posted by ahartig View Post

the battery is Lion?

That is a great deal. I paid higher for it back in November and it has been a good investment!

Xbox Live: DaBeavers
PSN- Arutha_conDoin
Steam- An0mander
"Too much knowledge never makes for simple decisions."
-Ghanima Atreides
post #12269 of 16211 Old 01-03-2014, 05:43 PM
AVS Club Gold

Just to be clear, the Nyko charging station comes with two NiMH batteries.

LED DLP

post #12270 of 16211 Old 01-03-2014, 06:38 PM

Liked: 16
I bought Duracell Ion Speed Rechargeables with an Ion Speed 4000 charger (paid $30 for charger and 6 2400mAh AA and 2 AAA batteries). The battery life has been VERY GOOD. The 4000 charger recharges in 1 to 2.5 hours. The 8000 charger does it in 15-95 minutes.

http://www.amazon.com/Duracell-Speed-4000-Battery-Charger/dp/B00DTE6QSY/ref=pd_sim_sbs_op_1

http://www.amazon.com/Duracell-pre-charged-Rechargeable-Batteries-count/dp/B00DP2U43I/ref=pd_sim_sbs_op_2

http://www.amazon.com/Duracell-Speed-8000-Battery-Charger/dp/B00DTE6QU2
Reply Xbox Area

Tags
Monoprice , Xbox One Console Day One Edition

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page