Quoted: 189 Post(s)
Liked: 480
"Halo 5 Coming This Year, Says OXM Cover"

OXM Article Images (Click to show)
FvRbcGK.jpg

bMQhFed.jpg

gkPanJv.jpg

I1kcW5h.jpg

Mike Scott (XBL: MikeHellion, PSN: MarcHellion)

"Think of the cable company as a group of terrorist (sic)." -- hookbill
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #13412 of 16405 Old 02-24-2014, 01:17 PM
AVS Addicted Member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 147 Post(s)
Liked: 1352
Quote:
Originally Posted by tsaville View Post

I know this is blasphemy, but I've never been a huge fan of Bungie. I think 343 Studios did just as well (if not better) with the franchise, so I'm looking forward to what they can do with a longer development cycle.

I never thought bungle was any good either. Their art is bland, their level design is terrible, and their tech is weak. I always thought halo was way overrated, that it's a huge franchise only because it was so many people's first MP shooter. I've played them all except for 4 and always thought they were meh, but 4 did look head and shoulders better than the rest.

Steam/PSN/Xbox Live: Darius510
post #13413 of 16405 Old 02-24-2014, 01:19 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 287
I wonder if we will just have to wait until E3 to get the final word on this, or if they will actually do an announcement before then. If they do Halo 5, or whatever they are calling it this year, I wonder what will be there big exclusive next year. With development barely starting on Gears, I wouldn't expect to see it until 2016.

XBL: xGunner26x

PSN: AMER1CAN_GUNNER

Steam: xGunner26x

post #13414 of 16405 Old 02-24-2014, 02:40 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 27 Post(s)
Liked: 526
http://news.xbox.com/2014/02/xbox-one-product-of-the-year

Xbox One Named a 2014 “Product of the Year” Winner
Quote:
The votes are in and Xbox One has been chosen as a winner of the 2014 “Product of the Year” award in the home entertainment category!

“Product of the Year” is the world’s largest consumer-voted award for product innovation and we’re excited that Xbox One was recognized as the all-in-one entertainment system that gives you instant access to TV, games, music, movies, sports and apps.

Albert Penello, director of product planning at Microsoft, had a chance to speak with Parade magazine about the win and how launching a new iteration of Xbox meant rethinking the device entirely to create a multipurpose entertainment hub for the whole family. You can check out the full cover story, which was distributed nationwide yesterday, here.

More than 45,000 people were surveyed by TNS and we’re thrilled to be among top consumer packaged goods products receiving this honor. For a full list of the other winners, click here to view the AdWeek exclusive.
post #13415 of 16405 Old 02-24-2014, 02:55 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 10 Post(s)
Liked: 202
Quote:
Originally Posted by bd2003 View Post

I never thought bungle was any good either. Their art is bland, their level design is terrible, and their tech is weak. I always thought halo was way overrated, that it's a huge franchise only because it was so many people's first MP shooter. I've played them all except for 4 and always thought they were meh, but 4 did look head and shoulders better than the rest.
The original Halo on Xbox was a very good game, perhaps ahead of its time. Good dialogue, direction and pacing and the semi-sandbox environment with various vehicles made for a pretty crazy game in 2001. And Halo 2 set the bar for multiplayer matchmaking. But I think as a studio Bungie has failed to innovate much since then. We'll see how they do in their next IP.
post #13416 of 16405 Old 02-24-2014, 03:05 PM
Advanced Member

Liked: 10
Thanks for the help guys.
I like that MS fessed up to the short falls they are encountering. Admitting to your mistakes is rarely seen in todays business world. I hope they put a halt to this playmium BS. Have any of you just stopped using the One because of these problems?
I think im going to purchase one this week so I am glad to hear about the new updates are coming in a few weeks.

Xbox live- SER 182
Mix Cloud
http://www.mixcloud.com/Ser182/
post #13417 of 16405 Old 02-24-2014, 04:47 PM
AVS Addicted Member

Quoted: 189 Post(s)
Liked: 480
Quote:
Originally Posted by c.kingsley View Post

The original Halo on Xbox was a very good game, perhaps ahead of its time. Good dialogue, direction and pacing and the semi-sandbox environment with various vehicles made for a pretty crazy game in 2001. And Halo 2 set the bar for multiplayer matchmaking. But I think as a studio Bungie has failed to innovate much since then. We'll see how they do in their next IP.

I thought that the original Halo: CE was a good game held down by a horribly repetitive center (fight your way across an open field then down some stairs past an ambush then through a circular passage around a weird glassed-in middle area then up the stairs at the other end into an open field, rinse, repeat). The story was excellent (if you haven't read the novels, check them out, particularly the Eric Nylund ones) and the game was a lot of fun. Halo 2 was just as good or better, but I found Halo 3 to be oddly boring; I'm not sure that I finished it. Never played ODST and didn't finish Reach; haven't played Halo 4.

Mike Scott (XBL: MikeHellion, PSN: MarcHellion)

"Think of the cable company as a group of terrorist (sic)." -- hookbill
post #13418 of 16405 Old 02-24-2014, 06:02 PM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 287
In an interesting turn, the guy that wanted to shut down xbox is now in charge of it.

http://m.ign.com/articles/2014/02/25/nokia-executive-to-take-over-microsofts-xbox-division

XBL: xGunner26x

PSN: AMER1CAN_GUNNER

Steam: xGunner26x

post #13419 of 16405 Old 02-24-2014, 06:19 PM
AVS Addicted Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by americangunner View Post

In an interesting turn, the guy that wanted to shut down xbox is now in charge of it.

http://m.ign.com/articles/2014/02/25/nokia-executive-to-take-over-microsofts-xbox-division

That's always a good sign...

post #13420 of 16405 Old 02-24-2014, 06:29 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 5 Post(s)
Liked: 34
Quote:

Quote:

I know this is blasphemy, but I've never been a huge fan of Bungie. I think 343 Studios did just as well (if not better) with the franchise, so I'm looking forward to what they can do with a longer development cycle.

I played the earlier versions. I think what might've prolonged the interest was that there aren't a lot of great co-op games w/ replay value. I always enjoyed the campaigns w/ friends.

Xbox Live: General PATT0N
post #13421 of 16405 Old 02-24-2014, 07:00 PM
AVS Addicted Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by rightintel View Post

I played the earlier versions. I think what might've prolonged the interest was that there aren't a lot of great co-op games w/ replay value. I always enjoyed the campaigns w/ friends.

Yeah, it's like giving a saltine to someone dying of starvation. He'd swear up and down saltines are the best crackers in the world, and they'll always hold a special place in his heart.

post #13422 of 16405 Old 02-24-2014, 07:47 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Just more salt to the wound. THanks M$ for giving away TItanfall 32 days after spending $500 on your not up to par console. Way to go.

i7 4770K/16 gig 2133/GTX 680 840 PRO SSD

Paradigm Studio 100/570/20's/2200 Sub

Onkyo 809 42" LCD/Panny AE4000

post #13423 of 16405 Old 02-24-2014, 07:49 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Quoted: 54 Post(s)
Liked: 649
Quote:
Originally Posted by hdtv00 View Post

Just more salt to the wound. THanks M$ for giving away TItanfall 32 days after spending $500 on your not up to par console. Way to go.

yeah they really need to reward the loyal early adopters and credit them with a DD of TF
post #13424 of 16405 Old 02-24-2014, 08:46 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 41 Post(s)
Liked: 156
Quote:
Originally Posted by mikeloxlong View Post

I need to step back from solely looking at gaming through my definition (which is online multiplayer) and through a broader sense. You're right, as far as the broad sense of it all, Halo 5 should bring more story to the universe as well as hopefully new gameplay elements that are fresh and new.

The Destiny comment was more Bungie also focusing on online only multiplayer and that being a next gen experience.

for the record, Halo was the 2nd game I enjoyed from OG XBOX (with Rainbow Six 3 being the first) but I found out quickly after Halo 3 multiplayer that I'm not a Halo guy and no new version will change that. Though here's to hoping that I am proven wrong sooner than later.
What is interesting I like Halo, but I honestly could never get into the MP part of the game. I liked the Co-Op mods it did and playing with friends, but MP for that series just fell short which I know Bungie did a good job for MP on certain aspects. For me Halo shined in the SP and the story line it did. I can never get enough of that. Honestly between Halo and the first the Gears of War games I was truly spoiled last gen with the sci fi shooter story lines biggrin.gif

Xbox Live: DaBeavers
PSN- Arutha_conDoin
Steam- An0mander
"Too much knowledge never makes for simple decisions."
-Ghanima Atreides
post #13425 of 16405 Old 02-24-2014, 08:49 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:

That's always a good sign...
Depends on which side you are looking at. It will be interesting to see if he tries to make that Division a separate entity under the MS umbrella or not. Time will tell how well this works out.

PSN- Arutha_conDoin
Steam- An0mander
-Ghanima Atreides
post #13426 of 16405 Old 02-24-2014, 11:38 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 40 Post(s)
Liked: 145
Quote:

Yeah, I have to admit that my buyers remorse with this puppy is pretty big right now. Not that I wouldn't eventually need to have an Xbox One, but I really had no business buying one at launch. I think it was a foolish need to keep my Microsoft streak alive, of buying all their consoles on launch day. I keep hearing about people scoring XB1's on Craigslist for dirt cheap prices. It kinda bothers me to know that something that I just recently paid about $520 for, our the door, might not even be worth $400.

Yep, I said it. I'm not sure I could get $400 for my used XB1 on the open market. The reason I say this, is that a guy that I sold my copy of Forza 5 and Dead Rising 3 to, well, he had just bought a XB1 that same day, on Craigslist for $400. It was still brand new, factory sealed, and it included a copy of Ghosts, brand new, factory sealed. He got all that for $400, so I guess my used XB1 that doesn't come with a game isn't even worth $400. Talk about depreciation.

Now, look, I know that everything is relative, and that prices and values of items can fluctuate wildy, but this is the fastest I've ever seen a brand new home console have to start discounting itself, and providing special incentives to get people to buy it. Seriously... I'm trying to think back to when the quickest it was that somebody started discounting their newly released system, or quickly started packing in games, when it originally didn't come with a game. I think it might have been the Panasonic 3DO. It launched in October of 1993 for $699.99 or something crazy like that, and I think it dropped to like $499.99 in May of 1994. Something like that. That was probably the quickest drop I've seen from any major home console... up until now. I could be mistaken though. If anybody knows of a home console that was discounted in the first 90 days, let me know. I don't think I've seen this before. It's kinda weird.
post #13427 of 16405 Old 02-24-2014, 11:56 PM
AVS Special Member

Yea I think I posted in here before but kept it to just I'm really annoyed. But jesus soooo many things are annoying, least of all its graphical power or lack of I should say. It's been EIGHT YEARS M$, and this is the best you could do tech wise.

Well now you ALL know why all the mentioned pre launch was TV TV TV TV TV TV TV TV TV TV TV. Because their console isn't worth a ****. Frankly all it is is what the 360 was promised to be all along. HD games, which at first all were required to be at least 720p, then they waved that totally last few years. I guess I'm damn glad I've got a pretty damn nice gaming/HTPC and no it's not all about graphics and what not, but they screwed soo much else up about it. I'm sure you all talked about it in here before, upload messing with videos is a complete god damn mess, it locks up , freezes , crashes constantly, lags to all hell when it is working. Streaming game content...yea where's that at...Friends list is butchered unusable mess of crap. Chat yea right with who, invites...man the list just goes on and on and on. Tiny ass hard drive for something that takes 30+ gig games and 10 gig demo's and 12 gig patches...seriously ....Every single damn aspect of this thing is a complete broken half assed joke.

BUT it's like Anthony1 just said, it's here and we're stuck with it so, I don't own a single game for it that's one reason im really pissed they're giving away what's to be THE game for it. And yea the 3DO is probably the console that was discounted like you said and that's probably a fairly accurate time frame. 3 months and free $60 game for those who jump in, meanwhile nothing for the supporters who kept this dead beat of a system alive.

And ps4 is no prize either. It has zero games worth crap honestly. LEast none you can't play somewhere else. Least they do have a decent damn marketplace with stuff actually in it. Meaning not the games that are $40 everywhere else not for $60 like M$. Yea they discounted game this week, yea because they are getting killed DAILY in the press. If this continues every single time a game gets released on both systems xbox one is doomed. It can't recover from that kind of bad press month after month.

This is NOT what I've been waiting for 8 years for I can tell you that much.

I honestly expected 1080p, with all features of latest DX11 with PhysX being able to be used to fullest. In the years many years it's been around it's time to piss or get off the pot. Not 720p at 30 fps barely lighting increase....well I'll just quit I'm not at a loss for words but that's it for now.

i7 4770K/16 gig 2133/GTX 680 840 PRO SSD

Paradigm Studio 100/570/20's/2200 Sub

Onkyo 809 42" LCD/Panny AE4000

post #13428 of 16405 Old 02-25-2014, 12:30 AM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 493
woohoo! got a message for the preview update coming soon!

"Thanks for registering to preview Xbox One updates! The first preview wave will be coming to your console soon. And remember, to provide feedback, please visit the private Xbox One preview forums at Forums.Xbox.com."
Arutha_conDoin likes this.
post #13429 of 16405 Old 02-25-2014, 12:31 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by onlysublime View Post

"Thanks for registering to preview Xbox One updates! The first preview wave will be coming to your console soon. And remember, to provide feedback, please visit the private Xbox One preview forums at Forums.Xbox.com."
Any refer your friends in that message wink.gif

PSN- Arutha_conDoin
Steam- An0mander
-Ghanima Atreides
post #13430 of 16405 Old 02-25-2014, 01:08 AM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 493
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arutha_conDoin View Post

Any refer your friends in that message wink.gif

invited! no idea how long it'll take but I submitted the request for you! biggrin.gif
Arutha_conDoin likes this.
post #13431 of 16405 Old 02-25-2014, 02:08 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 134 Post(s)
Liked: 325
Quote:

Woke up to the same message

Hapi -"Lazy......cuz he's a boss like that"

mphfrom77 - "I'm an idiot."

benjamin-benjami - http://www.avsforum.com/t/1476721/battlefield-4/7200_100#post_24609271
post #13432 of 16405 Old 02-25-2014, 04:41 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 11 Post(s)
Liked: 429
Got mine as well.

The 5.0 is here
post #13433 of 16405 Old 02-25-2014, 04:55 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Liked: 68
Quote:
Originally Posted by americangunner View Post

LMAO - yeah because a guy from Nokia knows the consumer...........you just can't make that stuff up. The "peter principle" at work.
Quote:
Originally Posted by benjamin-benjami View Post

yeah they really need to reward the loyal early adopters and credit them with a DD of TF
I vote yes..........but given what is the norm today I doubt it. Like cable & mobile companies = for new customers, loyal customer get jack.

Quote:

..............And ps4 is no prize either. It has zero games worth crap honestly. LEast none you can't play somewhere else. Least they do have a decent damn marketplace with stuff actually in it. Meaning not the games that are $40 everywhere else not for $60 like M$. Yea they discounted game this week, yea because they are getting killed DAILY in the press. If this continues every single time a game gets released on both systems xbox one is doomed. It can't recover from that kind of bad press month after month.
biggrin.gif What if you gave an rant & nobody gave a sh@t? lmao.......DAILY..........lmao Is that "Johnny fat loser in mommy's basement" on youtube at it again?

From a marketing end including TitanFall makes sense, could very well be the "Halo" for the XBox One. Has a ton of hype & will move consoles = will it have the same impact as Halo? Unknown but I can see why MS is putting in the $$$. Halo, GOW, & now TitanFall = a pretty solid foundation.

It's just my opinion & it's worth exactly what you paid for it.
post #13434 of 16405 Old 02-25-2014, 04:58 AM
Advanced Member

Liked: 35
Quote:
Originally Posted by Anthony1 View Post

Yeah, I have to admit that my buyers remorse with this puppy is pretty big right now. Not that I wouldn't eventually need to have an Xbox One, but I really had no business buying one at launch. I think it was a foolish need to keep my Microsoft streak alive, of buying all their consoles on launch day. I keep hearing about people scoring XB1's on Craigslist for dirt cheap prices. It kinda bothers me to know that something that I just recently paid about $520 for, our the door, might not even be worth $400.

Yep, I said it. I'm not sure I could get $400 for my used XB1 on the open market. The reason I say this, is that a guy that I sold my copy of Forza 5 and Dead Rising 3 to, well, he had just bought a XB1 that same day, on Craigslist for $400. It was still brand new, factory sealed, and it included a copy of Ghosts, brand new, factory sealed. He got all that for $400, so I guess my used XB1 that doesn't come with a game isn't even worth $400. Talk about depreciation.

Now, look, I know that everything is relative, and that prices and values of items can fluctuate wildy, but this is the fastest I've ever seen a brand new home console have to start discounting itself, and providing special incentives to get people to buy it. Seriously... I'm trying to think back to when the quickest it was that somebody started discounting their newly released system, or quickly started packing in games, when it originally didn't come with a game. I think it might have been the Panasonic 3DO. It launched in October of 1993 for $699.99 or something crazy like that, and I think it dropped to like $499.99 in May of 1994. Something like that. That was probably the quickest drop I've seen from any major home console... up until now. I could be mistaken though. If anybody knows of a home console that was discounted in the first 90 days, let me know. I don't think I've seen this before. It's kinda weird.

I think thats the 3rd time I have read you mention this Craiglist deal your friend got. There are deals like this on tons of electronics and it is usually because the seller needs cash quick. Not sure how or why you would base your remorse on this one deal. In my opinion you cannot value the price of a used electronic through CL or any other buy/sell site because you don't know the reason for the sale. If you have remorse....sell it now and move on.
agnathra likes this.

Gamertag: Quicksilver1663
PSN: ujustshaturpants
post #13435 of 16405 Old 02-25-2014, 05:13 AM

Liked: 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by Anthony1 View Post

Since when do we look at Craigslist as a indicator of discounting. I think I will leave that to the manufacturer or retailer selling the items new. I understand you are disappointed in your purchase but it really seems like you are trying to discount the xbox one a little too much. I mean I could find many items on craigslist selling below retail cost which speak as much about the person selling them as the consumers demand. This launch has been very similar to the previous console launches waiting for updates and waiting for the next gen games to come.
post #13436 of 16405 Old 02-25-2014, 05:18 AM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 331
Twitch streaming is launching March 11th alongside of Titanfall.

http://abcnews.go.com/Entertainment/wireStory/twitch-live-game-broadcasting-coming-xbox-22660524
post #13437 of 16405 Old 02-25-2014, 05:47 AM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 27 Post(s)
Liked: 230
Quote:

invited! no idea how long it'll take but I submitted the request for you! biggrin.gif

Unless I'm missing something, the only way to invite your friends is to post a thread on the preview forums (which I did several days ago). I don't believe any of my friends have received invitations, and I have my doubts that someone at MS is reading through hundreds of those threads. It's going to be rather difficult for me to test the new party chat if none of my friends are in the beta. It would have made more sense for them to give out a handful of registration codes to the beta participants that they could pass on to a few of their friends.
post #13438 of 16405 Old 02-25-2014, 06:22 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 22 Post(s)
Liked: 86
Quote:
Originally Posted by spid View Post

Twitch streaming is launching March 11th alongside of Titanfall.

http://abcnews.go.com/Entertainment/wireStory/twitch-live-game-broadcasting-coming-xbox-22660524

nice
post #13439 of 16405 Old 02-25-2014, 06:52 AM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 99
Quote:

Unless I'm missing something, the only way to invite your friends is to post a thread on the preview forums (which I did several days ago). I don't believe any of my friends have received invitations, and I have my doubts that someone at MS is reading through hundreds of those threads. It's going to be rather difficult for me to test the new party chat if none of my friends are in the beta. It would have made more sense for them to give out a handful of registration codes to the beta participants that they could pass on to a few of their friends.

A friend of mine just got an invite this morning so I think it is working. I will have to check with the other 2 friends I listed in the thread.

post #13440 of 16405 Old 02-25-2014, 07:01 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 21 Post(s)
Liked: 262
Quote:

I'm curious, did you buy the console for Titanfall?
Reply Xbox Area

Tags
Monoprice , Xbox One Console Day One Edition

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page