post #13501 of 17286 Old 02-25-2014, 03:05 PM
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 26
Quote:
Originally Posted by americangunner View Post

I gotta agree with you on this. When I finally got mine, I got the second to last one in all of Albuquerque, and there were a ton of stores to search thru.

Albuquerque????

In the evenings I work at the Walmart on Coors and I-40 (in Albuquerque). I have not seen a PS4 on the shelf in about a month. Meanwhile, we have about 3 cases locked up in the back and a full display (of 4). With all 4 Xbox Ones sitting in the display I still have people asking for a P and I give them all the same answer...

I never argue with fools cause from a distance you canÂt tell who is who....
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #13502 of 17286 Old 02-25-2014, 05:56 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 287
Quote:
Originally Posted by ProblemHouston View Post

Albuquerque????

In the evenings I work at the Walmart on Coors and I-40 (in Albuquerque). I have not seen a PS4 on the shelf in about a month. Meanwhile, we have about 3 cases locked up in the back and a full display (of 4). With all 4 Xbox Ones sitting in the display I still have people asking for a P and I give them all the same answer...
Yeah I found it at the walmart on academy. They only had two in stock. I live an hour away, so I was really hoping I would get there in time to grab it.

XBL: xGunner26x

PSN: AMER1CAN_GUNNER

Steam: xGunner26x

post #13503 of 17286 Old 02-25-2014, 06:21 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 95 Post(s)
Liked: 155
Quote:
Originally Posted by Poolshark69 View Post

I think thats the 3rd time I have read you mention this Craiglist deal your friend got.

I'm afraid you're mistaken. My friend got a USED XB1, with two games and an extra controller. Plus, that was almost two weeks ago now that my buddy got that.

This dude wasn't my friend, although he was a friendly chap. He got a BRAND NEW XB1 with one game. My bud paid $435, this dude paid $400. I'm not sure who actually got the better deal though. Cause my bud got an extra controller, and he got two games. He did pay $35 more though, and his wasn't brand spanking new....
post #13504 of 17286 Old 02-25-2014, 06:25 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rexdiver View Post

Since when do we look at Craigslist as a indicator of discounting.

Don't need to look to Craigslist. Target was giving a $50 gift card with purchase, and when they first started doing that, the XB1 hadn't even been available for 90 days at that point. Which is the fastest I've EVER seen a console discounted after it's release. Also, Newegg and I think one other retailer was offering either Ghosts or BF4 free if you ordered a XB1 from them. Now, we have Microsoft throwing Titanfall in the box for free.

You can spin it whatever way you want to, but maybe, just maybe.... This thing is not selling well, and retailers are overflowing with stock that they can't move.

People can think I'm a Xbox hater if they want, and that I'm super happy to be posting something negative about the Xbox ( if you take it as a negative ), but all I can say is check my post history. Check my post history back in November 22nd 2005. Check my post history back in November 15th 2000. You'll see that I was talking about my brand new Xbox in both scenarios. I've bought all 3 Microsoft consoles on day 1. That doesn't necessarily mean I don't hate Microsoft, and hope they implode, but I think it would be pretty strange behavior for somebody that hates Microsoft to spend $520 on their new product, but I guess anything is possible.

Bikerduck likes this.
post #13505 of 17286 Old 02-25-2014, 06:54 PM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 43 Post(s)
Liked: 63
You are totally missing the point. Our point is that of course you will find it for less money on CL and we gave the reasons why. Why would I buy it from someone on CL if the price he is asking is the same as retail? So the CL seller has to sell it under the MSRP if he is stuck with a console that is available everywhere and is easy to get.
Would you buy a PS4 for $400 from someone on CL if Amazon, Best Buy and all the other stores also had PS4s in stock for $400?
That's all there is to it. Very simple.
post #13506 of 17286 Old 02-25-2014, 06:59 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 54 Post(s)
Liked: 44
Bring back the original blades interface(and a new game to renew my interest)!biggrin.gif
Bikerduck likes this.

Xbox Live: General PATT0N
post #13507 of 17286 Old 02-25-2014, 07:20 PM
AVS Club Gold

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 786 Post(s)
Liked: 766
I see I got a message inviting me to try out the XBOne updates. Is there any reason for me not to do this?

39TB unRAID1--53TB unRAID2--36TB unRAID3
LED DLP
XBL/PSN: WormholeXtreme

post #13508 of 17286 Old 02-25-2014, 07:27 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by lulimet View Post

You are totally missing the point. Our point is that of course you will find it for less money on CL and we gave the reasons why. Why would I buy it from someone on CL if the price he is asking is the same as retail? So the CL seller has to sell it under the MSRP if he is stuck with a console that is available everywhere and is easy to get.
Would you buy a PS4 for $400 from someone on CL if Amazon, Best Buy and all the other stores also had PS4s in stock for $400?
That's all there is to it. Very simple.

Dude....

Did you not read what I just posted ? Forget Craigslist. Just look at the discounts that Target was offering. Look at the free game that Newegg was giving with a purchase. Look at Microsoft giving away Titanfall.

Forget about Craigslist. You don't need to see super low prices on Craigslist to justify what I'm talking about. I've been playing video games since the days of the Atari 2600. I've never, in my entire life, seen a major home console discounted (or special incentives added), so quickly after it's launch. This is an unprecedented situation in the history of gaming. Seriously, if you don't believe me, try to look back into the annals of gaming history and see if you can find a home console that was discounted as quickly after it's official launch. Like I said in my other post, the earliest that I've ever seen this happen, was with the Panasonic 3DO. The 3DO launched in late October 1993, and was discounted by May 1994. It was available for only about 6 months before Panasonic dropped the price.

That was the former record (according to my recollection), but XB1 takes the cake. I don't remember the first day Target started offering the $50 gift card as an incentive, but I do know that the XB1 wasn't quite 90 days old yet, when that started. I think Newegg was doing the free game thing a week or so before that.
post #13509 of 17286 Old 02-25-2014, 07:32 PM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 287
Quote:
Originally Posted by aaronwt View Post

I see I got a message inviting me to try out the XBOne updates. Is there any reason for me not to do this?
I think the only bad thing is that you can't party up with people not in the program.

XBL: xGunner26x

PSN: AMER1CAN_GUNNER

Steam: xGunner26x

post #13510 of 17286 Old 02-25-2014, 07:32 PM
AVS Club Gold

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 786 Post(s)
Liked: 766
Quote:
Originally Posted by Anthony1 View Post

Dude....

Did you not read what I just posted ? Forget Craigslist. Just look at the discounts that Target was offering. Look at the free game that Newegg was giving with a purchase. Look at Microsoft giving away Titanfall.

Forget about Craigslist. You don't need to see super low prices on Craigslist to justify what I'm talking about. I've been playing video games since the days of the Atari 2600. I've never, in my entire life, seen a major home console discounted (or special incentives added), so quickly after it's launch. This is an unprecedented situation in the history of gaming. Seriously, if you don't believe me, try to look back into the annals of gaming history and see if you can find a home console that was discounted as quickly after it's official launch. Like I said in my other post, the earliest that I've ever seen this happen, was with the Panasonic 3DO. The 3DO launched in late October 1993, and was discounted by May 1994. It was available for only about 6 months before Panasonic dropped the price.

That was the former record (according to my recollection), but XB1 takes the cake. I don't remember the first day Target started offering the $50 gift card as an incentive, but I do know that the XB1 wasn't quite 90 days old yet, when that started. I think Newegg was doing the free game thing a week or so before that.

But that isn't a price drop. The price is still $500. They just added incentives to it which is not the same as a price drop.

39TB unRAID1--53TB unRAID2--36TB unRAID3
LED DLP
XBL/PSN: WormholeXtreme

post #13511 of 17286 Old 02-25-2014, 07:43 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 28 Post(s)
Liked: 265
Can anyone verify the update fixed the black screen issue? And if so, can you invite me? This is really getting frustrating.

Xbox Gamertag/PSN ID: RemoWilliams84

"I started out with nothing, and I still got most of it." -Seasick Steve

post #13512 of 17286 Old 02-25-2014, 07:52 PM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 43 Post(s)
Liked: 63
Quote:

Dude....

But it's not an official price drop. It's just different retailers giving out incentives to buy it from them. Individual retailers can do that if they think that it might sell more if they include a game.The MSRP is still $500.
post #13513 of 17286 Old 02-25-2014, 09:29 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:

But that isn't a price drop. The price is still $500. They just added incentives to it which is not the same as a price drop.

Regardless. I've never seen this, this early into a consoles lifespan. Incentives, freebies, gift cards, etc, etc.

Microsoft packing in a free Titanfall, is essentially like a $50 price cut, without admitting defeat. They get to keep the price at $500 and save face, but by packing in the one game that could cause somebody to buy the thing, they are basically dropping the price $50, without making it obvious.
post #13514 of 17286 Old 02-25-2014, 09:46 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 53 Post(s)
Liked: 546
Quote:
Originally Posted by tsaville View Post

Unless I'm missing something, the only way to invite your friends is to post a thread on the preview forums (which I did several days ago). I don't believe any of my friends have received invitations, and I have my doubts that someone at MS is reading through hundreds of those threads. It's going to be rather difficult for me to test the new party chat if none of my friends are in the beta. It would have made more sense for them to give out a handful of registration codes to the beta participants that they could pass on to a few of their friends.

I posted up DaBeavers and he got it within the day... I saw some of the posts. It's not an admissions essay to a university. I don't know why the heck some of those people were writing what they wrote as if it's some sort of contest. I just wrote DaBeavers in the subject heading and DaBeavers in the body.
Arutha_conDoin likes this.
post #13515 of 17286 Old 02-25-2014, 10:18 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 122 Post(s)
Liked: 188
Quote:
Originally Posted by americangunner View Post

I think the only bad thing is that you can't party up with people not in the program.
Only until around the 11th when the update comes out. After that all is well.

Xbox Live: DaBeavers
PSN- Arutha_conDoin
Steam- An0mander
"Too much knowledge never makes for simple decisions."
-Ghanima Atreides
post #13516 of 17286 Old 02-26-2014, 01:42 AM
AVS Special Member

people reporting Dolby Digital over HDMI or optical with the new update. been playing all night and forgot that updates are when the system is off. so shutting down now...
post #13517 of 17286 Old 02-26-2014, 01:50 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 52 Post(s)
Liked: 183
Can someone hook me up with the update? Microsoft didn't give me any love. Gamertag is "total ownership"

AT HAMMOND ROBOTICS WE'RE BRINGING THE FUTURE ... HOME
post #13518 of 17286 Old 02-26-2014, 02:01 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 51 Post(s)
Liked: 81
Can someone please invite me for the new update. Gamer tag is Papi n JJ.
post #13519 of 17286 Old 02-26-2014, 02:02 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by totalownership View Post

Can someone hook me up with the update? Microsoft didn't give me any love. Gamertag is "total ownership"

alright, sent you an invite...

okay, under optical audio, I selected "Bitstream out" and then under bitstream format, I chose Dolby Digital. Now my TB DX12 with DSS2 shows 5.1 surround sound activated. it's already 2 am so time to hit the sack. will try it out tomorrow night...

under the settings, there's now an option to update the controller and yes, you do need a USB cable to do so... grabbing the one from my cell phone...
totalownership likes this.
post #13520 of 17286 Old 02-26-2014, 02:03 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 52 Post(s)
Liked: 183
Thanks guy. Looking forward to trying it out

AT HAMMOND ROBOTICS WE'RE BRINGING THE FUTURE ... HOME
post #13521 of 17286 Old 02-26-2014, 02:13 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by bori View Post

Can someone please invite me for the new update. Gamer tag is Papi n JJ.

sent. biggrin.gif good night...
post #13522 of 17286 Old 02-26-2014, 03:12 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 369 Post(s)
Liked: 475
I fooled around with the update this morning. You can now add friends to a favorite list but I dont see anywhere for notifications for just the favorites. That would of been a nice add on with the favorites list. I do like the newer friends list setup though. Besides the audio that Sublime mentioned I didnt find anything else. I tried to broadcast but couldnt get that to go, maybe another command.

Hapi -"Lazy......cuz he's a boss like that"

mphfrom77 - "I'm an idiot."

benjamin-benjami - http://www.avsforum.com/t/1476721/battlefield-4/7200_100#post_24609271
post #13523 of 17286 Old 02-26-2014, 03:46 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 107 Post(s)
Liked: 127
Does it bitstream the lossless codecs or just lossy DD?

Mathematics is the reason for the season.

http://www.teacherspayteachers.com/Store/Ogive

post #13524 of 17286 Old 02-26-2014, 04:30 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Liked: 68
Quote:

Exactly - a common marketing tactic.

Quote:

Regardless. I've never seen this, this early into a consoles lifespan. Incentives, freebies, gift cards, etc, etc.

Microsoft packing in a free Titanfall, is essentially like a $50 price cut, without admitting defeat. They get to keep the price at $500 and save face, but by packing in the one game that could cause somebody to buy the thing, they are basically dropping the price $50, without making it obvious.
No they're not, it's an incentive.......have you never bought a car? MS is banking on TitanFall moving consoles like Halo did so they offered EA a nice piece of change to give the game away & establish a user base. Like a car it's an incentive to move units - benefits both parties. If it's a price drop why do I still have to pay $500? I don't have the choice of $500 w/ TitanFall or $450 w/o it. I did see some price changing in the UK.....but given even the new price is $600 something I'd say they're still getting hosed biggrin.gif

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nickff View Post

Does it bitstream the lossless codecs or just lossy DD?
WTF? If they're bitstreaming why in the hell would they just not pass whatever it is along?

It's just my opinion & it's worth exactly what you paid for it.
post #13525 of 17286 Old 02-26-2014, 04:40 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 107 Post(s)
Liked: 127
Quote:
Originally Posted by onlysublime View Post

alright, sent you an invite...

okay, under optical audio, I selected "Bitstream out" and then under bitstream format, I chose Dolby Digital. Now my TB DX12 with DSS2 shows 5.1 surround sound activated. it's already 2 am so time to hit the sack. will try it out tomorrow night...

under the settings, there's now an option to update the controller and yes, you do need a USB cable to do so... grabbing the one from my cell phone...

Ok. Let's try this again (since Bailey is clearly a bit tired)....

In the new audio options, what are the options when telling the X1 to bitstream? You mentioned DD, does it bitstream DTS-MA? I haven't seen any of the usual logos on the games, so I am curious if those tracks are included on the games themselves, or we will only get decoded lossless audio sent via HDMI.

Mathematics is the reason for the season.

http://www.teacherspayteachers.com/Store/Ogive

post #13526 of 17286 Old 02-26-2014, 05:04 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Liked: 68
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nickff View Post

Ok. Let's try this again (since Bailey is clearly a bit tired)....

In the new audio options, what are the options when telling the X1 to bitstream? You mentioned DD, does it bitstream DTS-MA? I haven't seen any of the usual logos on the games, so I am curious if those tracks are included on the games themselves, or we will only get decoded lossless audio sent via HDMI.
biggrin.gif Nah, just the opposite - not awake yet.......DUH on my part - "is there a DTS-MA track"? biggrin.gif Was thinking they just bitstreamed DD..............oops.

It's just my opinion & it's worth exactly what you paid for it.
post #13527 of 17286 Old 02-26-2014, 05:08 AM

Quoted: 11 Post(s)
Liked: 32
Quote:

My two cents as to why they are offering a free Titanfall game with purchase of an Xbox one is because Titanfall is being released to three platforms, Xbox one, Xbox 360 and PC. In order to maximize the number of Xbox One's sold during an expected selling frenzy with Titanfall, they are making it more appealing to those 360 owners who are on the fence about buying the Xbox One. This is a savvy move, because Titanfall is such a "buzz" game right now and I think they can push a lot of 360 owners on the fence into purchasing next gen. Even at $50 dollars cheaper, they'll recoup that with a couple of purchases of a movie or Xbox music pass.
smithfarmer likes this.
post #13528 of 17286 Old 02-26-2014, 05:20 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 369 Post(s)
Liked: 475
When you select Bitstream for either HDMI or headset the Bitstream option becomes open so you can choose between Dolby Digital or DTS.

Hapi -"Lazy......cuz he's a boss like that"

mphfrom77 - "I'm an idiot."

benjamin-benjami - http://www.avsforum.com/t/1476721/battlefield-4/7200_100#post_24609271
post #13529 of 17286 Old 02-26-2014, 05:21 AM

Liked: 116
Quote:
Originally Posted by emartins View Post

When you select Bitstream for either HDMI or headset the Bitstream option becomes open so you can choose between Dolby Digital or DTS.

Have you tried playing a Blu-ray with HD audio to see if you get all the proper logos on your receiver when bitstreaming?

"Live to Win!"
XBL: RandomNinjaAtk
www.stevenohare.com - Personal Blog
www.oharesites.com - Domain Names, Web Hosting, Email Hosting and more
post #13530 of 17286 Old 02-26-2014, 05:22 AM

Quoted: 13 Post(s)
Liked: 38
I just purchased my limited Titanfall bundle. Yea, I am suckered for free games. I was on the fence between choosing what new console to buy until this bundle came out. I have owned a ps3 for 6 years until my daughter turned it on one night and let it run for 3 days. By that time the damage had been done and cooked from the inside out. Besides, I want to try the Xbox side now. I got tired of Sony Telling me that it can do anything, which it cannot BTW.

X-Box Live name: OGgamer1974

If you want to be friends on through xbox network, just send me a request through X-Box Live and mention AVS in the request.

Cheers
Reply Xbox Area

Tags
Monoprice , Xbox One Console Day One Edition

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page