post #13591 of 16799 Old 02-26-2014, 01:08 PM
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Liked: 46
Quote:
Originally Posted by americangunner View Post

They can invite, but it's not a sure thing that you will get in. I submitted all my friends, but only one got a message from Xbox.
I see. Still if someone would give me a shot, I'd be obliged.

Gamer Tag: Todd Stevens
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #13592 of 16799 Old 02-26-2014, 01:19 PM
AVS Addicted Member

Quoted: 281 Post(s)
Liked: 502
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sorax View Post

I see. Still if someone would give me a shot, I'd be obliged.

I sent you a friend request and submitted your gamertag for preview invite. Apparently that just gets you the code for the registration app; they still have to vet your console for eligibility. Lord only knows what would make you ineligible.
Sorax likes this.

Mike Scott (XBL: MikeHellion, PSN: MarcHellion)

"Think of the cable company as a group of terrorist (sic)." -- hookbill
post #13593 of 16799 Old 02-26-2014, 01:22 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 41 Post(s)
Liked: 76
Yes please add me to u list guys.

post #13594 of 16799 Old 02-26-2014, 01:25 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 10
my gamertag is hdtv00 same as here if anyone wants to be nice and send me one. Thanks either way.

Another thing I forgot in my rant is the freaking install time to play a damn game. Dead Rising 3 arrived finally from gamefly and half hour in now and still only 22% installed. And no it's not my internet connection I have 100M down 10M up. What world is an hour to play a game after putting it in acceptable , ridiculous.

UPDATE 51 minutes later and STILL no where near playing that game 33% done....jesus.

i7 4770K/16 gig 2133/GTX 680 840 PRO SSD

Paradigm Studio 100/570/20's/2200 Sub

Onkyo 809 42" LCD/Panny AE4000

post #13595 of 16799 Old 02-26-2014, 01:56 PM
AVS Special Member

How do I accept friend. Is this for the beta test program?
post #13596 of 16799 Old 02-26-2014, 02:02 PM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 11
Could someone invite me? GT: Call Dr Phil

I would love to preview the update.

XBOX GT : CALL DR PHIL
post #13597 of 16799 Old 02-26-2014, 02:07 PM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 31 Post(s)
Liked: 230
Maybe we need a separate thread for the update beta? Just a thought...
americangunner likes this.
post #13598 of 16799 Old 02-26-2014, 02:11 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 63 Post(s)
Liked: 148
Quote:
Originally Posted by americangunner View Post

Gotta laugh that he found what you asked and now you're changing it up.

So, I'm changing it up because I didn't specifically qualify that I'm talking about the USA market ?

I live in the USA. I don't live in Taiwan or Japan or Europe, etc, etc. So, I have no freaking idea what type of incentives, or pricedrops, or pack ins are available in other locations. I didn't live there, so how could I possibly know ? I'm talking about the United States, and I continue to issue this challenge to anyone.

I'll go ahead and try to specify it as specifically as I possibly can:

1. it has to be a "major" console. In other words, something like the Ouya wouldn't apply

2. I'm talking about home consoles (so yes, the early 3DS price drop, which was super early, but still longer than 90 something days wouldn't apply).

3. I'm talking about the United States.

4. I'm talking about price drops, pack ins, free game offers, etc, etc.

5. I'm talking about the time from the original, official launch, until the first time some "incentive" was given for prospective buyers. What I mean is, console A is released for $199.99 with no pack-in game, and how long did it take before console A either had a price drop, or had something packed in with the console, or retailers started giving away gift cards with purchase, or a special deal came along that allowed you to get a free game.

Ok, that should cover most of the legal details, now see if you can actually prove me wrong. Also, we need to find out the first day that either Target was offering that $50 gift card, or the first day that Newegg was offering a free game with purchase. I'm pretty sure those were the first two "incentives" of this type. What day specifically did these things start, and how many days after launch was this ? That's the record that needs to be broken, and I"m asserting that the record was never broken prior to that. The XB1 has the record for the fastest from launch to discount / incentives .
Bikerduck and freemeat like this.
post #13599 of 16799 Old 02-26-2014, 02:12 PM
AVS Special Member

Please invite me if you are on the firmware test program. Would love to test it out.

post #13600 of 16799 Old 02-26-2014, 02:17 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 9 Post(s)
Liked: 253
Quote:
Originally Posted by Anthony1 View Post

So, I'm changing it up because I didn't specifically qualify that I'm talking about the USA market ?

I live in the USA. I don't live in Taiwan or Japan or Europe, etc, etc. So, I have no freaking idea what type of incentives, or pricedrops, or pack ins are available in other locations. I didn't live there, so how could I possibly know ? I'm talking about the United States, and I continue to issue this challenge to anyone.

I'll go ahead and try to specify it as specifically as I possibly can:

1. it has to be a "major" console. In other words, something like the Ouya wouldn't apply

2. I'm talking about home consoles (so yes, the early 3DS price drop, which was super early, but still longer than 90 something days wouldn't apply).

3. I'm talking about the United States.

4. I'm talking about price drops, pack ins, free game offers, etc, etc.

5. I'm talking about the time from the original, official launch, until the first time some "incentive" was given for prospective buyers. What I mean is, console A is released for $199.99 with no pack-in game, and how long did it take before console A either had a price drop, or had something packed in with the console, or retailers started giving away gift cards with purchase, or a special deal came along that allowed you to get a free game.

Ok, that should cover most of the legal details, now see if you can actually prove me wrong. Also, we need to find out the first day that either Target was offering that $50 gift card, or the first day that Newegg was offering a free game with purchase. I'm pretty sure those were the first two "incentives" of this type. What day specifically did these things start, and how many days after launch was this ? That's the record that needs to be broken, and I"m asserting that the record was never broken prior to that. The XB1 has the record for the fastest from launch to discount / incentives .

Ummm, who gives a crap? I'ma go play my xbox one now.

Xbox Gamertag/PSN ID: RemoWilliams84

"I started out with nothing, and I still got most of it." -Seasick Steve

post #13601 of 16799 Old 02-26-2014, 02:24 PM
AVS Special Member

Just got my invite to register my Xbox one for the test firmware. Thanks guys for the invites. Hopefully I am chosen.
post #13602 of 16799 Old 02-26-2014, 02:24 PM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 11
Did it come in an XBOX message or to your email?

XBOX GT : CALL DR PHIL
post #13603 of 16799 Old 02-26-2014, 02:25 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 42 Post(s)
Liked: 171
Wow the complaint about this deal is so short-sighted. The more Xbox One's in the wild the better it is for us. ESPECIALLY for us early adopters. Those of us who did the "Day One" thing are taking a chance that the console will do well and get the hot games for it. If sales afterwards are weak from Day One there's a good possibility that upcoming games won't get the "love" they need to be as good as can be. But if the developers know there's a good number of One consoles out there they'll make sure they'll do what they have to to get that money. If there were only a million Xbox Ones out there developers won't bend over backwards to make our experience as great as can be. Now if there are 10 million Xbox Ones out there you better believe that we'll have their attention while they develop the game for the One platform.

AT HAMMOND ROBOTICS WE'RE BRINGING THE FUTURE ... HOME
post #13604 of 16799 Old 02-26-2014, 02:27 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 42 Post(s)
Liked: 171
Quote:
Originally Posted by onlysublime View Post

alright, sent you an invite...
My code just came in a few minutes ago. Again thanks for the invite, can't wait to give it a whirl. smile.gif

AT HAMMOND ROBOTICS WE'RE BRINGING THE FUTURE ... HOME
post #13605 of 16799 Old 02-26-2014, 02:56 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 195 Post(s)
Liked: 373
Anyone here use Bing rewards and OneDrive? If you do and didnt notice they are giving 100gb for 1 year for 100 credits.

http://www.bing.com/rewards/redeem/000100000056?meru=%252f

Hapi -"Lazy......cuz he's a boss like that"

mphfrom77 - "I'm an idiot."

benjamin-benjami - http://www.avsforum.com/t/1476721/battlefield-4/7200_100#post_24609271
post #13606 of 16799 Old 02-26-2014, 03:36 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by pmassey View Post

Did it come in an XBOX message or to your email?

Xbox message on the Xbox one
post #13607 of 16799 Old 02-26-2014, 03:37 PM
AVS Addicted Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by RemoWilliams84 View Post

Ummm, who gives a crap? I'ma go play my xbox one now.

Exactly--the entire stupid drawn out argument is unspeakably inane and boring. The console that's 25% less expensive is selling better with a demand which exceeds production. We know that.

This launch is very different than any previous. Both Xbox One and PS4 are composed of high yield parts, both are selling at a profit and both have far exceeded the first-three-months sales of their predecessors. BFD that XB1s are in stock everywhere and PS4s aren't.

post #13608 of 16799 Old 02-26-2014, 04:08 PM
AVS Club Gold

Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Liked: 192
Quote:
Originally Posted by michaeltscott View Post

Exactly--the entire stupid drawn out argument is unspeakably inane and boring. The console that's 25% less expensive is selling better with a demand which exceeds production. We know that.

This launch is very different than any previous. Both Xbox One and PS4 are composed of high yield parts, both are selling at a profit and both have far exceeded the first-three-months sales of their predecessors. BFD that XB1s are in stock everywhere and PS4s aren't.

The BFD is that I got ripped off! If I had waited, I could have bought my X1 from a guy on craigslist for less than I paid at launch! Or I could have waited until March 11th and got a free game! This is complete BS!!

edit: I'm going to have to figure out the cheapest way to rent this console. I can't take the agony of this.
mikeloxlong and freemeat like this.

Absence of evidence is not evidence of absence

post #13609 of 16799 Old 02-26-2014, 04:15 PM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 19 Post(s)
Liked: 56
Sell ur xbox's on kraeglist and all go buyz da ps4! you be feeling grand in no time!
post #13610 of 16799 Old 02-26-2014, 04:30 PM
AVS Special Member

I love my Xbox one. Won't get a ps4 until price is around 199. Then I will think about it replacing my ps3 just for media streaming.
post #13611 of 16799 Old 02-26-2014, 04:38 PM
AVS Addicted Member

I won't get a PS4 until it has an exclusive that I'm interested in playing, which'll probably be when Naughty Dog's first PS4 title ships biggrin.gif.

post #13612 of 16799 Old 02-26-2014, 04:47 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrlittlejeans View Post

The BFD is that I got ripped off! If I had waited, I could have bought my X1 from a guy on craigslist for less than I paid at launch! Or I could have waited until March 11th and got a free game! This is complete BS!!

edit: I'm going to have to figure out the cheapest way to rent this console. I can't take the agony of this.

Ha ha

Very funny.

First off, if you think I'm losing sleep about any of this, then continue to enjoy that high quality cannabis. The fact that there is a discount, or an incentive to new buyers isn't a big deal in the grand scheme of things, but the fact that it's happened so fast, is pretty alarming. Again, nothing to write home about, but if you think this is just a normal thing in video gaming, you're mistaken.

Unfortunately, in this particular thread, you have so many people that are so diehard in their support of Xbox , that anything even remotely on the negative side of the coin is going to be immediately spun a million different ways to try to deflect from the negativity. It's nice to see that so many AVS members play in the stock market, because surely, if some of you care this much to defend a gigantic mega-corporation, then obviously you must have a bunch of shares of MSFT stock. Congrats on that. It's always good to have investments of some kind.

Now, normally, when a new video game system comes out, it will come out at a certain price, and it will stay that way for usually about a full year (the next holiday), before you normally see any kind of incentives or pack-ins, or anything like that. Sometimes a system will come out and about 10 months later you might have a price drop, or a game will be packed in or something. Not a big deal.

The fact that Microsoft feels the need to already start doing this, a mere 3 months from launch, is a bit alarming in my opinion, but again, in the grand scheme of things, it's not really that big a deal.
Bikerduck likes this.
post #13613 of 16799 Old 02-26-2014, 04:53 PM
AVS Addicted Member

Quote:

Now, normally, when a new video game system comes out, it will come out at a certain price, and it will stay that way for usually about a full year (the next holiday), before you normally see any kind of incentives or pack-ins, or anything like that. Sometimes a system will come out and about 10 months later you might have a price drop, or a game will be packed in or something. Not a big deal.

The fact that Microsoft feels the need to already start doing this, a mere 3 months from launch, is a bit alarming in my opinion, but again, in the grand scheme of things, it's not really that big a deal.

At most system launches initial yields are so low that it takes more than 3 months to satisfy initial demand (i.e., to produce as many systems as they could have sold on launch day had they been available). This launch is different.

post #13614 of 16799 Old 02-26-2014, 05:06 PM
AVS Special Member

Well it's been almost 9 years since the last console launch. Things have changed since then. Just like mobile cell phones and PCs the price will drop within months. I think we are headed that way with game consoles. Watch ps4 start to package in games now just to compete with xbone. It's the sign of the times its all about marketing your product to compete with the competition. Xbox is lagging so they are bumping their sales with incentives and price cuts. Ps4 will do the same sooner than u think.
Arutha_conDoin likes this.
post #13615 of 16799 Old 02-26-2014, 05:11 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 145
Rent, lolz

I Geez Zeus Me

My life is richer for not knowing what goes on on reality television
post #13616 of 16799 Old 02-26-2014, 05:39 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 9 Post(s)
Liked: 253
I remember renting consoles back in the day. What a ripoff.

Xbox Gamertag/PSN ID: RemoWilliams84

"I started out with nothing, and I still got most of it." -Seasick Steve

post #13617 of 16799 Old 02-26-2014, 05:52 PM
AVS Addicted Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by bori View Post

Watch ps4 start to package in games now just to compete with xbone.

Inasmuch as they're selling them as fast as they can make them still and their price is $100 less they don't have quite the same incentive, but they may do it just to look as generous. At this point they don't have a system-selling exclusive like Titanfall to pack in though I suppose that they could use KZ:S.

post #13618 of 16799 Old 02-26-2014, 06:06 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by bori View Post

Watch ps4 start to package in games now just to compete with xbone.

Well, you can say that it's been 7 years since the last consoles came out, and there have been big changes in the industry. I've been gaming since the days of the Atari 2600, and there are always lots of changes in the industry. It's a volatile market. Always has been. I've seen tons of console cycles come and go. I've been on the frontlines the whole time, being a habitual early adopter. I remember very clearly how quickly systems would have a price drop. The only thing that might have been close to the XB1, in historical terms, is the Virtual Boy, but I don't think that really counts, because Nintendo basically killed that product on purpose. I'm not sure if the price dropped in the first 90 days, but I know that it did drop in the first 6 months, and it dropped really far, really fast. I remember Blockbuster was selling their rental units of Virtual Boy for like 50 bucks. It came in a nice plush carrying case, with foam all around it.

I guess you could say that times have changed, and that there really isn't anything to be surprised about Microsoft already offering a special incentive to lure buyers. I mean, I can understand the line of thinking. Still, I have to also recognize, that this is the first time I've ever seen this happen so quickly, and it is a bit out of the norm. I've been around this block a long time, and I've never seen anybody reduce their console so quickly, so it just strikes me as odd.

I guess we'll have to see if Sony does the same thing. With them still supply constrained, I really doubt they make any special offer, but I wouldn't be shocked if they included 3 months of PS+ or something. I certainly don't expect them to give away Infamous for free, but anything is possible.
post #13619 of 16799 Old 02-26-2014, 06:21 PM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 31 Post(s)
Liked: 230
Quote:
Originally Posted by michaeltscott View Post

Inasmuch as they're selling them as fast as they can make them still and their price is $100 less they don't have quite the same incentive, but they may do it just to look as generous. At this point they don't have a system-selling exclusive like Titanfall to pack in though I suppose that they could use KZ:S.

They already have started packing games in with the PS4. The Japanese launch of the PS4 included Knack. Shockingly, Knack is now the top selling game in Japan! smile.gif

Similarly, the X1 launched with FIFA 14 in parts of Europe. Don't assume that this TF bundle wasn't planned all along. I know that doesn't fit with the knee-jerk reaction that the sky is falling for the X1, but the reality is that this is a great way to sell consoles. I think the timing of it has more to do with the fact that we are getting such a major release so early in the console cycle. If it were Halo 5 coming up instead of TF, I guarantee you they would have had a halo-themed special release or bundle.
post #13620 of 16799 Old 02-26-2014, 06:23 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:

Well, you can say that it's been 7 years since the last consoles came out, and there have been big changes in the industry. I've been gaming since the days of the Atari 2600, and there are always lots of changes in the industry. It's a volatile market. Always has been. I've seen tons of console cycles come and go. I've been on the frontlines the whole time, being a habitual early adopter. I remember very clearly how quickly systems would have a price drop. The only thing that might have been close to the XB1, in historical terms, is the Virtual Boy, but I don't think that really counts, because Nintendo basically killed that product on purpose. I'm not sure if the price dropped in the first 90 days, but I know that it did drop in the first 6 months, and it dropped really far, really fast. I remember Blockbuster was selling their rental units of Virtual Boy for like 50 bucks. It came in a nice plush carrying case, with foam all around it.

I guess you could say that times have changed, and that there really isn't anything to be surprised about Microsoft already offering a special incentive to lure buyers. I mean, I can understand the line of thinking. Still, I have to also recognize, that this is the first time I've ever seen this happen so quickly, and it is a bit out of the norm. I've been around this block a long time, and I've never seen anybody reduce their console so quickly, so it just strikes me as odd.

I guess we'll have to see if Sony does the same thing. With them still supply constrained, I really doubt they make any special offer, but I wouldn't be shocked if they included 3 months of PS+ or something. I certainly don't expect them to give away Infamous for free, but anything is possible.

Watch this video or FF to 3:00 mark. Very informative for the ones that have never seen this price cut before. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EaBfMH59reI&feature=youtube_gdata_player
Reply Xbox Area

Tags
Monoprice , Xbox One Console Day One Edition

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page