post #13771 of 17868 Old 03-02-2014, 11:21 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 104 Post(s)
Liked: 582
Quote:
Originally Posted by michaeltscott View Post

You sure about that? From the Terms and Conditions Contained in the Registration App:

you can opt out at any time. in fact, it's a huge button that stares you in the face every time you launch the registration app.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #13772 of 17868 Old 03-02-2014, 11:31 PM
AVS Addicted Member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 1043 Post(s)
Liked: 792
Quote:
Originally Posted by onlysublime View Post

Quote:

You sure about that? From the Terms and Conditions Contained in the Registration App:

you can opt out at any time. in fact, it's a huge button that stares you in the face every time you launch the registration app.

That was item 4 in that list that I quoted. Just curious--why would you have run the registration app a second time?

Mike Scott (XBL: MikeHellion, PSN: MarcHellion)

"Think of the cable company as a group of terrorist (sic)." -- hookbill
post #13773 of 17868 Old 03-03-2014, 01:31 AM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 78 Post(s)
Liked: 129
Quote:
Originally Posted by Anthony1 View Post

Does anybody know what the heck is going on with all the "console only" XB1's being sold on Ebay ? Most are going between like $250 and $350 for a console sans all cables, Kinect, controller, everything. Yet, for some reason, all these packages include a 1 month Xbox Live card ? Seems kinda weird.

I saw this one guy that had a decent number of feedbacks at 100 percent, and he was selling them for $240.99 with free shipping, but he also had "make an offer". I offered him $220, and he counter offered $230. I countered with $226, and he accepted ! So, went ahead and sent the payment and will hope for the best.

It says it's covered by the Ebay Guarantee, so if the console is stolen or something hopefully I can still get my money back.
I've seen that. I'd be interested in how it works out for you. Let us know.

I acccept all friend requests with AVS in the message. Add me!!

PS4 PSNID = The-Barbeerian

Xbox One = The Barbeerian
post #13774 of 17868 Old 03-03-2014, 03:17 AM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 104 Post(s)
Liked: 582
Quote:

That was item 4 in that list that I quoted. Just curious--why would you have run the registration app a second time?

because way back when, people were getting their updates and I didn't so I loaded the app to see if there was some type of notification or message that might indicate when I would get the update.

I was actually worried about accidentally hitting that button to opt out before I even got any updates.
post #13775 of 17868 Old 03-03-2014, 08:00 AM

Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Liked: 24
I'm not sure if I am having this problem due to the beta, or if it was the DVD or what, but I was watching a DVD last night, and the audio thru the reciever kept dropping out randomly.

I have a yamaha reciever that is hooked up the xbox one thru optical cable. the DTS kept dropping. I ended up turning off the reciever and just listening to the sound through the TV. I don't remember having this problem last time I watched a movie, though admittedly I watch very few DVD's or Blu Rays.
post #13776 of 17868 Old 03-03-2014, 08:51 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 154 Post(s)
Liked: 201
Quote:
Originally Posted by jbsimm2 View Post

I'm not sure if I am having this problem due to the beta, or if it was the DVD or what, but I was watching a DVD last night, and the audio thru the reciever kept dropping out randomly.

I have a yamaha reciever that is hooked up the xbox one thru optical cable. the DTS kept dropping. I ended up turning off the reciever and just listening to the sound through the TV. I don't remember having this problem last time I watched a movie, though admittedly I watch very few DVD's or Blu Rays.
Did you log the experience on the Xbox forums so they can track it too?

Xbox Live: DaBeavers
PSN- Arutha_conDoin
Steam- An0mander
"Too much knowledge never makes for simple decisions."
-Ghanima Atreides
post #13777 of 17868 Old 03-03-2014, 10:16 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 138 Post(s)
Liked: 170
Quote:
Originally Posted by vertigo235 View Post

I wonder if it is stolen and they are selling it all out as pieces, like parts. Does the guy have a bunch of Kinect only listings too? Still doesn't make sense because you would think they would all still have warrenties.

The console was advertised as "brand new", never used. But obviously, just the console by itself, with a one month Xbox Live card.

The weird thing about it, is that I'm seeing a lot of different auctions, from all kinds of different sellers, and they all are selling the same thing. Barebones console, sans everything else, along with this one month Xbox Live card. I'm seeing so many of these auctions, that it makes me think that these are being sent by Microsoft to people, because why is this one month card being included ? It has to do with something, like maybe Xbox One consoles that aren't working, and then they report it to Microsoft, and Microsoft sends them a bare console without anything else, along with a one month Xbox Live card as a "sorry about that" type of thing. But I don't know why these people are selling them seperately like this. Maybe just parting all the parts out to maximize as much money as they can get, but if these are replacements for XB1's that were having problems, why aren't the people keeping them, and obviously they would eventually have to send back their broken XB1's for repair.

I don't know what's going on, but I know it's kinda weird that everybody seems to be selling this same package of barebones console with the 1 month card. These systems are coming from somewhere in a pretty strong supply, and are being sold on Ebay. Also, almost everybody is advertising it as brand new. That they got the barebones console all by itself, along with the one month card, brand new, and they are just selling that part off. It's all kinda weird.

Doesn't really matter to me. All I need is one more power supply and I'm in business with two XB1's, and now I'm going to download the digital version of Titanfall and put it on both my XB1's, instead of getting the disk.
post #13778 of 17868 Old 03-03-2014, 10:28 AM
AVS Addicted Member

Quoted: 465 Post(s)
Liked: 1468
Think about it...if they're buying it to set up a second "station" to move the Xbox to, there's only two things they don't need...the console itself and the Xbox live trial. Everything else in the box is useful.

A controller is worth $60, a power brick $30, a kinect about $100 and the headset maybe $10. Brand new Xboxes are going for like $450, used about $400...so knocking $200 off that price seems about right. If they're flipping day one editions they can pull another $20ish on the controller, and $20-30 for the achievement.

I don't think it's any sort of conspiracy, just clever people with a profit motive.

Steam/PSN/Xbox Live: Darius510
post #13779 of 17868 Old 03-03-2014, 10:40 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 65 Post(s)
Liked: 464
Quote:
Originally Posted by jbsimm2 View Post

You can check to make sure the optical cable is secured and try another cable to make sure it isn't the issue.

The 5.0 is here
post #13780 of 17868 Old 03-03-2014, 11:02 AM

Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Hi. I have a panasonic GT50. If I enable bluetooth in the menu setting and link a bluetooth headset, will this work with the xbox one? I'm interested in purchasing a set that also has a mic, will this work for chat during games? Thanks!
post #13781 of 17868 Old 03-03-2014, 11:28 AM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 33 Post(s)
Liked: 57
Quote:

The console was advertised as "brand new", never used. But obviously, just the console by itself, with a one month Xbox Live card.

The weird thing about it, is that I'm seeing a lot of different auctions, from all kinds of different sellers, and they all are selling the same thing. Barebones console, sans everything else, along with this one month Xbox Live card. I'm seeing so many of these auctions, that it makes me think that these are being sent by Microsoft to people, because why is this one month card being included ? It has to do with something, like maybe Xbox One consoles that aren't working, and then they report it to Microsoft, and Microsoft sends them a bare console without anything else, along with a one month Xbox Live card as a "sorry about that" type of thing. But I don't know why these people are selling them seperately like this. Maybe just parting all the parts out to maximize as much money as they can get, but if these are replacements for XB1's that were having problems, why aren't the people keeping them, and obviously they would eventually have to send back their broken XB1's for repair.

I don't know what's going on, but I know it's kinda weird that everybody seems to be selling this same package of barebones console with the 1 month card. These systems are coming from somewhere in a pretty strong supply, and are being sold on Ebay. Also, almost everybody is advertising it as brand new. That they got the barebones console all by itself, along with the one month card, brand new, and they are just selling that part off. It's all kinda weird.

Doesn't really matter to me. All I need is one more power supply and I'm in business with two XB1's, and now I'm going to download the digital version of Titanfall and put it on both my XB1's, instead of getting the disk.

Most of those people are selling the console that MS gives to the customer when they report an issue and need to have it replaced. They send you back just the console and you are to send back the broken console.

Most are reporting lost packages with their return and just getting the console as a toy to sell
tsaville likes this.
post #13782 of 17868 Old 03-03-2014, 11:38 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 78 Post(s)
Liked: 129
Quote:
Originally Posted by NJPapi1977 View Post

Most of those people are selling the console that MS gives to the customer when they report an issue and need to have it replaced. They send you back just the console and you are to send back the broken console.

Most are reporting lost packages with their return and just getting the console as a toy to sell

if thats the case, these people such as Anthony who buy these things may find out the hard way when they try to get on LIVE if Microsoft has blacklisted the MAC address or something

I acccept all friend requests with AVS in the message. Add me!!

PS4 PSNID = The-Barbeerian

Xbox One = The Barbeerian
post #13783 of 17868 Old 03-03-2014, 11:41 AM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 33 Post(s)
Liked: 57
Quote:
Originally Posted by brian6751 View Post

if thats the case, these people such as Anthony who buy these things may find out the hard way when they try to get on LIVE if Microsoft has blacklisted the MAC address or something

Very true...I know on Craiglist I saw a few and they wrote that supposedly MS never told them they had to return just the console (Which they always do tell you this) and the guy returned his broken console to them and they claimed they never got it but he did get his returned new console just with the console and no remote and cables....So he said he was screwed and was selling it to someone who wanted it

But I am sure he never sent out the broken console and reported it lost in transit.

People should not buy just a console...

The 1 month of XB Live is what MS gives to those who get just a console back after reporting issue with purchase.
post #13784 of 17868 Old 03-03-2014, 12:00 PM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 54 Post(s)
Liked: 241
There are a bunch of these "replacement consoles" available for Wii U as well. Personally, I would stay away from them.
post #13785 of 17868 Old 03-03-2014, 12:21 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 138 Post(s)
Liked: 170
Quote:
Originally Posted by brian6751 View Post

Yeah, this is something that I am concerned about. When I get the console at my house, I'm going to call Microsoft and give them the serial # and everything, and just make sure that it's not stolen property or anything along those lines. If it is, then I just do an Ebay / Paypal dispute, and I should get my money back eventually. I guess I'll just have to wait and see what happens. I'm not really worried that I'm never going to get my $226 back, but I do know that it could be tied up in a Paypal dispute type thing for awhile, but it's not really that big a deal.

Who knows, maybe everything is legit and I won't have to worry about anything other than finding another power supply.
post #13786 of 17868 Old 03-03-2014, 12:29 PM
Advanced Member

Totally random question... Do most of you invert the Y axis for FPS and such, or do normal? I'm downloading PvZ, and I can't play the little intro mode (while waiting for the download to complete) because they don't give me the option to invert the Y axis. This led to me asking myself why I've always inverted the Y axis. Did I play a lot of flight simulators in my youth? Sadly, I did not have an answer for myself...
post #13787 of 17868 Old 03-03-2014, 12:31 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 32 Post(s)
Liked: 272
Quote:
Originally Posted by tsaville View Post

Totally random question... Do most of you invert the Y axis for FPS and such, or do normal?

I'm not sure what you are saying. Inverting the Y axis is normal. It's those other people who are crazy.
mikeloxlong and tsaville like this.

Xbox Gamertag/PSN ID: RemoWilliams84

"I started out with nothing, and I still got most of it." -Seasick Steve

post #13788 of 17868 Old 03-03-2014, 12:32 PM
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by RemoWilliams84 View Post

I'm not sure what you are saying. Inverting the Y axis is normal. It's those other people who are crazy.

Good. I thought maybe I was weird or something. smile.gif
post #13789 of 17868 Old 03-03-2014, 01:02 PM
AVS Addicted Member

Quoted: 465 Post(s)
Liked: 1468
Quote:
Originally Posted by RemoWilliams84 View Post

Funny thing is, I always invert with a controller but I don't invert with a mouse. But if I'm playing something with a gamepad where I control a cursor and not an avatar, I don't invert.

Steam/PSN/Xbox Live: Darius510
post #13790 of 17868 Old 03-03-2014, 01:24 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 89 Post(s)
Liked: 102
Quote:
Originally Posted by bd2003 View Post

Funny thing is, I always invert with a controller but I don't invert with a mouse. But if I'm playing something with a gamepad where I control a cursor and not an avatar, I don't invert.

same here
post #13791 of 17868 Old 03-03-2014, 01:26 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by bd2003 View Post

I'm the same. To me, when using a thumbstick, I see it like the stick is directly connected to the back of my player's head. I push down on the stick, he tilts his head up. But for some reason, I don't invert x axis, which means my thinking is just wacky.

For a mouse though, I'm pointing to a location where I want to look. Simple as that. Just like dragging a pointer on the desktop.

post #13792 of 17868 Old 03-03-2014, 01:38 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 141 Post(s)
I invert on both mouse and gamepad myself. With regards to doing it with the gamepad, I still think that's one of the biggest oversights on the One... they figured this stuff out perfectly with the 360, the idea of having user-centric control settings, and they completely abandoned it this time.

Sure, it's a little thing, but it's so much nicer to go into a game and immediately start playing, rather than go into the game and have to go into the settings to fix this stuff.

XBL/Steam: JHoff80
post #13793 of 17868 Old 03-03-2014, 02:46 PM
AVS Addicted Member

I've never inverted any axis using any form of controller. The default seems completely natural to me; if that weren't true for most people it seems unlikely that it would be the default.

post #13794 of 17868 Old 03-03-2014, 05:15 PM

Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Liked: 15
For anyone that wants to get onto the beta, i just got this code last night:

QRDKG-44FY9-RGFDG-36YG4-RKK7Z

I'm already in the beta program..not sure why they sent me another code to get onto the beta program,
post #13795 of 17868 Old 03-03-2014, 06:10 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 28 Post(s)
Liked: 62
Quote:

Yeah, this is something that I am concerned about. When I get the console at my house, I'm going to call Microsoft and give them the serial # and everything, and just make sure that it's not stolen property or anything along those lines. If it is, then I just do an Ebay / Paypal dispute, and I should get my money back eventually. I guess I'll just have to wait and see what happens. I'm not really worried that I'm never going to get my $226 back, but I do know that it could be tied up in a Paypal dispute type thing for awhile, but it's not really that big a deal.

Who knows, maybe everything is legit and I won't have to worry about anything other than finding another power supply.

Good idea to confirm with MS. I was wondering if they are reburb systems of consoles previously returned, tweaked and distributed thru a "murky" channel of third parties. They would have to say refurb somewhere in the information and even on the box, but maybe if a third party buys up the refurbs they are not required to disclose the same as the OEM. However, if the unit comes with a full MS warranty what's the difference...

XBL GT: xX ShadowAxx Xx 

PSN ID: Bytehoven

Battle Log: Bytehoven  

post #13796 of 17868 Old 03-03-2014, 06:35 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ceso_fd View Post

For anyone that wants to get onto the beta, i just got this code last night:

QRDKG-44FY9-RGFDG-36YG4-RKK7Z

I'm already in the beta program..not sure why they sent me another code to get onto the beta program,

Darn it. Not quick enough.

post #13797 of 17868 Old 03-03-2014, 07:41 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 59 Post(s)
Liked: 83
post #13798 of 17868 Old 03-03-2014, 09:57 PM
AVS Addicted Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by bori View Post

Isnt the official update coming out tomorrow?

http://www.multiplayergames.com/2014/02/05/xbox-one-update-due-feb-11th-another-march-4th/

I don't think so--there's an announcement in the update preview forums of a new preview build rolling out tonight. I've been assuming next Tuesday, but I realize that I've only read them say that it'd be out "in time for the March 11 launch of Titanfall".

post #13799 of 17868 Old 03-03-2014, 10:13 PM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 147 Post(s)
Liked: 149
A software update came out tonight... shortly before midnight EST.

"xbl_rel_1403"

I am assuming this is all new, maybe the final version, considering an update & restart of my console and A/V gear was required and a select few already have Titanfall in their hands since it already went gold.

No way they would push an X1 OS update on the same day as normal Windows OS release day plus Titanfall, next Tuesday, but stranger things have happened.
post #13800 of 17868 Old 03-03-2014, 10:14 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 154 Post(s)
Quote:

I don't think so--there's an announcement in the update preview forums of a new preview build rolling out tonight. I've been assuming next Tuesday, but I realize that I've only read them say that it'd be out "in time for the March 11 launch of Titanfall".
I just got my update tonight. I wasn't to sure what it did.

Xbox Live: DaBeavers
PSN- Arutha_conDoin
Steam- An0mander
"Too much knowledge never makes for simple decisions."
-Ghanima Atreides
Reply Xbox Area

Tags
Monoprice , Xbox One Console Day One Edition

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page