post #13951 of 16916 Old 03-07-2014, 09:30 AM
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 12 Post(s)
Liked: 38
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeremy Anderson View Post

Asked and answered already. Did you try what I recommended on your Denon? Or Arutha_conDoin?

I switched the input to all the hdmi inputs on the back of the receiver and same thing

I put the pass through ON

What else is there to try?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #13952 of 16916 Old 03-07-2014, 09:33 AM
AVS Club Gold

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 540 Post(s)
Liked: 682
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cravit8 View Post

Man, my receiver "Auto"s all that. That all sounds like a hot mess.
I'd wager all the various receiver quirks people have with the xbone (popping, PCM, video loss, DSP switching, HDMI input needing to be switched from 3 to 1, etc) is because they spent $300 instead of $1200.
Thanks for validating my $1500 Yamaha 3 years ago. biggrin.gif
It'll likely last longer than both the PS4/Xbone generation.

I'm sorry, that came off as bragging. :-/ My intention is to say to drop the $$ on an AVR, not just buy an overpriced HDMI switcher.

My Denon retailed for $2k back in 2007/2008. It certainly wasn't cheap at the time. But you are saying that your receiver has the capability to take a 7.1 audio wrapper that has six dead channels( from playing stereo content on the XBOne with 7.1 output selected) and can extract just the two channels with audio and apply post processing to create a proper 7.1 soundfield? Most receivers are unable to apply post processing when receiving a 7.1 signal with six dead channels. So audio only comes out of the FL/FR in that situation which makes everything sound like I'm back in the 80's before I started using surround receivers in 1991.

The XBOne sends dead channels excpet for FL/FR if it is set for 7.1 output and playing stereo content. And it has two dead channels when playing 5.1 content with the output set for 7.1. Most other devices dynamically change the audio output to match the number of channels from the source. So I don't have any issues with my receiver from anything else. But the PS4 and the XBOne both have these issuse. The PS3 and 360 fixed most of them over time, but even today those devices don't dynamically change the output properly with 100% of the apps.

39TB unRAID1--53TB unRAID2--36TB unRAID3
LED DLP
XBL/PSN: WormholeXtreme

post #13953 of 16916 Old 03-07-2014, 10:38 AM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by ahartig View Post

I know this may have been answered already, but does the new headset adaptor play well with iPhone 5 earbuds after updating it?

Also, does the headset adaptor come with a cable to update the controller that connects to The xb1?

One last thing, does game audio get sent thru headset?

I don't believe that your apple earbuds are fully compatible because Apple uses their own standard. You should be able to get audio, but the mic won't work. I haven't confirmed this, but this is the experience that I have had using them with other non-apple devices.

The adapter does not include a cable.

Yes, game audio and chat are sent through the adapter.
post #13954 of 16916 Old 03-07-2014, 10:41 AM
Advanced Member

Liked: 21
So another standard headphone/microphone combo should work? Non apple ones.

Speaking of the adapter, I was going to order one, but I can't find it anywhere. I tried to order one for pickup at my local best buy which said it was instock but after I placed the order they emailed me and said it was no longer available!

I'm trying another store now,but if you want one you better act fast.

Xbox Live: IamVertigo
PSN: IamVertigo
post #13955 of 16916 Old 03-07-2014, 10:44 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 34 Post(s)
Liked: 196
Quote:

I know this may have been answered already, but does the new headset adaptor play well with iPhone 5 earbuds after updating it?

Also, does the headset adaptor come with a cable to update the controller that connects to The xb1?

One last thing, does game audio get sent thru headset?

Quote:
Originally Posted by rider70 View Post

I don't believe that your apple earbuds are fully compatible because Apple uses their own standard. You should be able to get audio, but the mic won't work. I haven't confirmed this, but this is the experience that I have had using them with other non-apple devices.

The adapter does not include a cable.

I think rider70 has it right. My bro used iPhone 5 earbuds on the PS4 controller and it never worked. But my earbuds that came with a Blackberry in 2007 worked absolutely perfectly on his controller. Earbuds with mic have a 3-ring (4-pole) 3.5mm jack.
The Apple chat earbuds will likely have a problem with the adapter.
post #13956 of 16916 Old 03-07-2014, 10:49 AM
Advanced Member

That's fine I guess, I have an old pair of Blackberry headphones that I've never used.

I will primarily use it with my TB headset that I paid $180 for, but it would be nice to be able to plug the small headphones in for convenience.

post #13957 of 16916 Old 03-07-2014, 10:49 AM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 5 Post(s)
Liked: 46
Quote:
Originally Posted by vertigo235 View Post

So another standard headphone/microphone combo should work? Non apple ones.
From the announcement:
Quote:
Originally Posted by news.xbox.com 
•Any 3.5 mm stereo headset (that uses the CTIA plug standard) can receive stereo game audio by plugging into the adapter.
So most 3.5mm headsets will work. I don't know if Apple conforms to the CTIA standard. But I'm inclined to believe rider70 is correct.

Gamer Tag: Todd Stevens
post #13958 of 16916 Old 03-07-2014, 10:50 AM
Advanced Member

I was able to secure a headset adapter at a best buy in a nearby town. If anyone wants one of these things now, you might want to order!

post #13959 of 16916 Old 03-07-2014, 10:58 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 34 Post(s)
Liked: 196
Quote:
Originally Posted by aaronwt View Post

The XBOne sends dead channels excpet for FL/FR if it is set for 7.1 output and playing stereo content. And it has two dead channels when playing 5.1 content with the output set for 7.1. Most other devices dynamically change the audio output to match the number of channels from the source. So I don't have any issues with my receiver from anything else. But the PS4 and the XBOne both have these issuse. The PS3 and 360 fixed most of them over time, but even today those devices don't dynamically change the output properly with 100% of the apps.

It is really confusing that it's not working, especially since team at Redmond working on the Xbox OS are probably the best OS programmers in the world.
Are they on vacation, like actually on vacation? I imagine both PS4 and Xbone teams sitting together in Tahiti hitting beers and sharing stories about how hard they work 3 months ago in 2013.
post #13960 of 16916 Old 03-07-2014, 11:14 AM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 127
Quote:
Originally Posted by rider70 View Post

So, is Netflix audio and other video app audio sent to the adaptor as well, essentially making any pair of headphones semi-wireless?

XBOX Live ID: HONDEboyMAN
PSN ID: ahartig
post #13961 of 16916 Old 03-07-2014, 12:00 PM

Liked: 16

I have a similar question for my setup.  I have a Samsung F8500, with OPTICAL out from TV to a energy power bar elite soundbar  that supports DD.

My xbox one is connected directly to TV with HDMI cable. After update I NOW have the option on my TV to use DD  when I set my xbox to bit stream DD.

Previously I had to use PCM out from xbox, and PCM out from my TV, the DD option was not available on TV sound settings.  Ive tried the DD setting now that it is available and it does "seem" to have better separation??  not sure if thats right way to describe it, but previously on PCM in and PCM out I couldnt tell where a sound was coming from, not what I would call stereo.

Now I know my audio setup is weak, no receiver, and basically a "stereo" soundbar going staight to TV.  My question is, which would you guys use?  PCM from xbox, and then PCM from TV to soundbar?  Or Bitstream DD from XBOX and then DD from TV to soundbar?

All I want is better stereo, or at least stereo...lol.  When I play Thief I have no idea where sound is coming from in terms of left or right of me.   Same goes for Bf4.

post #13962 of 16916 Old 03-07-2014, 12:15 PM

Liked: 116
Xbox One DirectX12 support confirmed?

Tweet: @DirectX12
Quote:
Game on #XboxOne? So do we. Find out more at #GDC. #DirectX12 - http://aka.ms/directx12

Source: https://twitter.com/DirectX12/status/442011932011134976

Sure sounds like it to me!!! biggrin.gif

"Live to Win!"
XBL: RandomNinjaAtk
www.stevenohare.com - Personal Blog
www.oharesites.com - Domain Names, Web Hosting, Email Hosting and more
post #13963 of 16916 Old 03-07-2014, 12:25 PM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Liked: 27
Quote:
Originally Posted by RandomNinjaAtk View Post

Xbox One DirectX12 support confirmed?

Tweet: @DirectX12
Source: https://twitter.com/DirectX12/status/442011932011134976

Sure sounds like it to me!!! biggrin.gif

I have no clue what this means...care to explain?
post #13964 of 16916 Old 03-07-2014, 12:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beeron View Post

I have no clue what this means...care to explain?

DirectX is a graphics API that Microsoft created that powers most modern games graphics engines. The original Xbox code name was Direct X Box and later became Xbox because it was originally built to handle DirectX games (if I recall this correctly, just some history on what it means for Xbox). Basically all modern PC's with Graphics Cards are running the DirectX11 feature set. So Microsoft is about to unveil its DirectX12 feature set, which should bring a few upgrades and enable better visual fidelity for us end users. So this is really good news for Xbox One owners...

"Live to Win!"
post #13965 of 16916 Old 03-07-2014, 12:30 PM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Liked: 27
Thanks for the explanation...promising news indeed.
post #13966 of 16916 Old 03-07-2014, 12:31 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 44 Post(s)
Liked: 172
Quote:

DirectX is an API that microsoft created that powers most modern games graphics engine. The original Xbox code name was Direct X box and later became Xbox, (if I recall this correctly). Basically all modern PC with Graphics Cards are running DirectX11 feature set. So Microsoft is about to unveil its DirectX12 feature set, which should bring an end result of having better visual fidelity. So this is really good news for Xbox One owners...
Problem is alot of games are still being developed on DX9 on the PC side.

AT HAMMOND ROBOTICS WE'RE BRINGING THE FUTURE ... HOME
post #13967 of 16916 Old 03-07-2014, 12:32 PM
AVS Addicted Member

Quoted: 209 Post(s)
Liked: 1380
DX12 is Microsoft's PC API. Supposedly the main feature is that it supports low level hardware access. Presumably there will be hooks where devs can insert low level code based on the platform the game is running on.

So theoretically a dev can just code the game once in DX12 for both platforms.

Steam/PSN/Xbox Live: Darius510
post #13968 of 16916 Old 03-07-2014, 12:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by totalownership View Post

Problem is alot of games are still being developed on DX9 on the PC side.

This is a good point, but I happen to feel a lot of this is caused by the previous gen consoles. Namely the Xbox 360 because it only had an enhanced version of DirectX9. So I can easily see why game creators not only targeted it but catered too it. But with the new generation of consoles being able to run the latest and greatest API's, I would presume that we would see more games take advantage of the new API feature sets.

"Live to Win!"
post #13969 of 16916 Old 03-07-2014, 12:37 PM

Quoted: 13 Post(s)
Liked: 37
Oh jesus! Enough with the pcm audio already. Just set the Xbox to Bitstream and select 5.1, 7.1, 2.0. Enjoy your games and play.
JudgeSmails likes this.

X-Box Live name: OGgamer1974

If you want to be friends on through xbox network, just send me a request through X-Box Live and mention AVS in the request.

Cheers
post #13970 of 16916 Old 03-07-2014, 01:50 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 44 Post(s)
Liked: 172
Quote:

This is a good point, but I happen to feel a lot of this is caused by the previous gen consoles. Namely the Xbox 360 because it only had an enhanced version of DirectX9. So I can easily see why game creators not only targeted it but catered too it. But with the new generation of consoles being able to run the latest and greatest API's, I would presume that we would see more games take advantage of the new API feature sets.
Yeah I'm hoping that's the case also. I don't see any games currently developed going that route but hopefully moving forward they will.

AT HAMMOND ROBOTICS WE'RE BRINGING THE FUTURE ... HOME
post #13971 of 16916 Old 03-07-2014, 02:21 PM
AVS Addicted Member

Quoted: 209 Post(s)
Liked: 1380
Quote:
Originally Posted by totalownership View Post

Yeah I'm hoping that's the case also. I don't see any games currently developed going that route but hopefully moving forward they will.

There's been no shortage of DX11 games on PC for a long time.

Steam/PSN/Xbox Live: Darius510
post #13972 of 16916 Old 03-07-2014, 02:37 PM
AVS Addicted Member

Quoted: 324 Post(s)
Liked: 521
I've seen a few PC+XB1 and PC+new-gen-console games announced, but it's hard for the developers to ignore a market of 150 million 360s+PS3s out there; it's difficult to use the latest and greatest graphics tech when you're working on a multi-platform and/or multi-generation title. I have yet to be blown away by the difference in graphics between new-gen and last-gen versions of such titles; they're visibly better, but not what they might be if they'd been developed for PCs and new-gen consoles only.

Mike Scott (XBL: MikeHellion, PSN: MarcHellion)

"Think of the cable company as a group of terrorist (sic)." -- hookbill
post #13973 of 16916 Old 03-07-2014, 02:52 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 348
Quote:
Originally Posted by JoeBlow74 View Post

Oh jesus! Enough with the pcm audio already. Just set the Xbox to Bitstream and select 5.1, 7.1, 2.0. Enjoy your games and play.
Unless you want the best audio quality, since lossless beats lossy every day of the week that ends in the letter Y. wink.gif
DaGamePimp and c.kingsley like this.

"Never believe any quote you read on the internet." - Abraham Lincoln
post #13974 of 16916 Old 03-07-2014, 03:45 PM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked: 83
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeremy Anderson View Post

Unless you want the best audio quality, since lossless beats lossy every day of the week that ends in the letter Y. wink.gif
pcm is an exact representation of whats on the disk, the only issues is the processing of the XBOX is incorrect.
post #13975 of 16916 Old 03-07-2014, 03:55 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 348
Quote:
Originally Posted by cadett View Post

pcm is an exact representation of whats on the disk, the only issues is the processing of the XBOX is incorrect.
Well, not really "incorrect". It's just that just like on the 360, they don't want it changing output based on source... so 2-channel music gets sent to L/R channels of a 5.1 or 7.1 wrapper. This is true whether you're using PCM, DD or DTS for 5.1. There's also the issue with 7.1 PCM of 5.1 TV sound having the side surround data send to the rears... but I haven't seen anyone say that's the case with 5.1 Blu-rays. Logicaly, the only way to "fix" the issue and maintain a 7.1 wrapper full-time would be to offer in-console post-processing like DPL-IIx. Bitstreaming doesn't fix that because there's no 7.1 native format of DD or DTS core lossy codecs. You'd basically be doing the same thing as dropping back to 5.1 PCM by bitstreaming, in which case 5.1 PCM is what you should be using.

But if we're talking GAME AUDIO (which isn't "on the disc"), PCM is without a doubt the winner as that's the native format being output by the Xbox One's audio chipset. Anything else you pick would be a lossy encode of that PCM audio and would be of a lower quality by its very nature.
Arutha_conDoin likes this.

"Never believe any quote you read on the internet." - Abraham Lincoln
post #13976 of 16916 Old 03-07-2014, 05:28 PM

Quoted: 14 Post(s)
Liked: 14
Quote:

So, is Netflix audio and other video app audio sent to the adaptor as well, essentially making any pair of headphones semi-wireless?

I'd love to know the answer to this one also. Anyone?
post #13977 of 16916 Old 03-07-2014, 05:39 PM
AVS Addicted Member

Quoted: 324 Post(s)
Liked: 521
post #13978 of 16916 Old 03-07-2014, 05:58 PM
Advanced Member

For the person who asked, the headset adapter does come with the usb cable to update your controller. I believe someone else said it didn't.

post #13979 of 16916 Old 03-07-2014, 06:04 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 45 Post(s)
Liked: 79
Walked into toys r us and saw one ps4 and 2 xbones on the shelf. I guess we are getting blasted 2 to 1. Lol

tampabuc likes this.
post #13980 of 16916 Old 03-07-2014, 06:06 PM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 22 Post(s)
Liked: 57
^ lol
The PS kids will feel so good when they see that.
Reply Xbox Area

Tags
Monoprice , Xbox One Console Day One Edition

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page