The Official Xbox One thread... - Page 478 - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 
 157Likes
Reply
 
Thread Tools
post #14311 of 16799 Old 03-21-2014, 09:37 PM
AVS Special Member
 
onlysublime's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2005
Posts: 4,658
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 5 Post(s)
Liked: 493
Quote:
Originally Posted by ajohn505 View Post


The chat volume is nice and loud, the DSS2 puts out some great sounding audio (and has quite a few EQ and virtual speaker placement options).  

I love my DSS2! Great way to get surround sound on a budget...
onlysublime is online now  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #14312 of 16799 Old 03-21-2014, 09:57 PM
AVS Addicted Member
 
bd2003's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: Long Island, NY
Posts: 10,388
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 193 Post(s)
Liked: 1368
Quote:
Originally Posted by onlysublime View Post

less work than porting The Crew from DX to PS4...

Not sure what you're trying to say?

Steam/PSN/Xbox Live: Darius510
bd2003 is offline  
post #14313 of 16799 Old 03-21-2014, 11:05 PM
AVS Special Member
 
c.kingsley's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Posts: 1,664
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 11 Post(s)
Liked: 202
Quote:
Originally Posted by bd2003 View Post

It's not fragmented if everyone can still play the same games. That's where DX12 comes in.
They already had DX11.x which could accomplish that same objective. The Windows 8 kernel is built for x86/64 and ARM already. These are the dominant architectures today. DX12 isn't going to change much of anything. It may improve the performance of the Xbox somewhat but that is speculative. If anything it is more of a boon to the PC market.
c.kingsley is offline  
post #14314 of 16799 Old 03-22-2014, 12:35 AM
AVS Special Member
 
mboojigga's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Little Rock AFB, Arkansas
Posts: 7,958
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 23 Post(s)
Liked: 434
http://www.dualshockers.com/2014/03/22/xbox-one-april-firmware-update-gets-new-build-brings-silent-system-update-installation/

Today the 1404 build of the April Xbox One firmware update is being made available to those that are in the update preview program. The most relevant addition a silent system update installation feature, allowing the download and installation of a new firmware overnight without the need to turn on the console manually.

The full patch notes have been published on the private preview forum, and you can read them below, courtesy of Reddit user SilasDG.

1404 build (xb_rel_1404.140319-2200)

Deployment starts at 6:00PM PDT on 3/21 and is over 1GB)

Prompt Update will begin on 1:00AM PDT 3/23 for non-standy units

Issues Fixed
◦Several fixes and tweaks to the user interface.
◦Initial fixes to address audio crackling sound encountered when Dolby Digital is enabled (additional fixes are pending and will be deployed with a later build).
◦A fix to address issues where game resume could fail when a console comes out of standby, causing the game to restart rather than resume from its previous state.
◦Initial fixes for Blu-ray issues where the drive may not be responsive, requiring full system power down to resolve (pressing and holding the power button on the console for 5 seconds).

New Additions:
◦Underlying OS changes required to enable planned 1404 features.
◦NEW FEATURE Silent system update installation: Initial OS changes are present that enable consoles to take a system update overnight when in standby, and the console will now complete the installation, then boot back into standby. This feature will bypass the green installation progress bar currently seen when starting a console that needs to finish installing an update started in standby. This feature will already work with some consoles in this update!


Known Issues:
◦An issue has been identified in the current 1404 build (xb_rel_1404.140313-2200) where consoles with wired connections aren’t taking system, app, or game updates when in standby. Consoles connected via wireless are not affected. To test the silent update with a wired connection, you can work around this issue by connecting wirelessly when putting your console in standby overnight.
◦When performing the new silent system update, the following issues may be encountered:
1.The Blu-ray drive may spin up during silent startup.
2.The Kinect sensor may light up during silent boot.
3.During shutdown from standby to install the update, the power light will flash showing that it is shutting down.
◦Work is still being done to fix all Blu-ray drive issues that were introduced in 1404. There are still some instances where the Blu-ray drive may not wake up from an idle state, resulting in errors that a disc is not present. These issues should be resolved by ejecting and re-inserting the disc to wake up the drive.
◦When turning off your console with the “Xbox, turn off” command, Kinect does not respond to a command of “yes” or “no”, requiring the controller or remote be used to select “yes” to turn the console off
JudgeSmails and onlysublime like this.

The 5.0 is here
mboojigga is online now  
post #14315 of 16799 Old 03-22-2014, 05:50 AM
AVS Special Member
 
c.kingsley's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Posts: 1,664
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 11 Post(s)
Liked: 202
Quote:
Originally Posted by mboojigga View Post

Today the 1404 build of the April Xbox One firmware update is being made available to those that are in the update preview program. The most relevant addition a silent system update installation feature, allowing the download and installation of a new firmware overnight without the need to turn on the console manually.
This is a very good change. I don't know how it ever released without this ability!
c.kingsley is offline  
post #14316 of 16799 Old 03-22-2014, 05:52 AM
AVS Special Member
 
metalsaber's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Western, Pennsylvania
Posts: 3,516
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 38 Post(s)
Liked: 91
Finally some silent updates.
metalsaber is online now  
post #14317 of 16799 Old 03-22-2014, 06:41 AM
AVS Special Member
 
brian6751's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Canton, MI
Posts: 3,283
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 10 Post(s)
Liked: 98
Quote:
Originally Posted by slyderulz View Post

Totally understand that option, and I appreciate you bringing it up, twice wink.gif...but the way the One guide works with my current Uverse cable box is glitchy at best. Forget voice commands, I'll select a channel manually in the guide and the One will bring up a different channel!

I've got patience to work through that stuff but they don't...and I'm not going to spend the little free time I have being tech support for the One so they can watch their TV programs. That's why I have everything hooked up to a Harmony remote in the first place, they just press the activity and everything works.

I'd rather keep them off the One for TV entirely, so I guess if no one else has tried the splitter I'll be the guinea pig biggrin.gif

I'm in the same situation as you. I tried this splitter. It did its job just fine. I was having audio sync issues and took it out of the loop. I no longer have the issue but I'm not sure if the splitter was the cause. I have not hooked it back up yet. I'm waiting for an update to make the Xbone default to the TV ap on start up.


http://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B008D66RAU

Xbox One Gamertag = The Barbeerian

PS4 PSNID = The-Barbeerian
brian6751 is online now  
post #14318 of 16799 Old 03-22-2014, 07:10 AM
AVS Addicted Member
 
bd2003's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: Long Island, NY
Posts: 10,388
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 193 Post(s)
Liked: 1368
Quote:
Originally Posted by c.kingsley View Post


They already had DX11.x which could accomplish that same objective. The Windows 8 kernel is built for x86/64 and ARM already. These are the dominant architectures today. DX12 isn't going to change much of anything. It may improve the performance of the Xbox somewhat but that is speculative. If anything it is more of a boon to the PC market.

 

The significance isn't that DX11 couldn't do the same. It's that going forward, the xbox API isn't a fork of the PC (like it was with the 360). 

 

Just to add a little fuel to the fire:

http://www.polygon.com/2014/3/21/5534188/microsoft-renewed-focus-on-windows-pc-gaming-phil-spencer

 

Think about what windows has done in the past few years. They've systematically ripped out a ton of branding, and replaced it with xbox. The music app in windows 8 is "xbox music". Same with video....even the games app is technically "xbox games". Xbox is slowly becoming more like windows, and windows is becoming more like xbox. And since the xbox one is basically an x86 PC....it seems pretty obvious where this is all headed.


Steam/PSN/Xbox Live: Darius510
bd2003 is offline  
post #14319 of 16799 Old 03-22-2014, 08:59 AM
Senior Member
 
JaremyP's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2003
Location: MI
Posts: 420
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 17 Post(s)
Liked: 27
I would love love love shorter consoles cycles. Give me 3 year cycles. Perfect. The only caveat is maintaining perpetual backwards compatibility which should be the case now that consoles are (and should stay) pc core architectures.
JaremyP is offline  
post #14320 of 16799 Old 03-22-2014, 09:25 AM
AVS Special Member
 
jhoff80's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2005
Posts: 4,003
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 49 Post(s)
Liked: 148
I was thinking this morning as I had to get up to do a full system reboot after already setting myself up on the couch... there really needs to be a way to do a full shutdown with the controller. Bury it in settings>power if necessary, there's already a turn off feature there.

XBL/Steam: JHoff80
jhoff80 is online now  
post #14321 of 16799 Old 03-22-2014, 09:39 AM
AVS Addicted Member
 
michaeltscott's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2001
Location: San Diego, CA, USA
Posts: 16,604
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 281 Post(s)
Liked: 502
Quote:
Originally Posted by jhoff80 View Post

I was thinking this morning as I had to get up to do a full system reboot after already setting myself up on the couch... there really needs to be a way to do a full shutdown with the controller. Bury it in settings>power if necessary, there's already a turn off feature there.

You can already do this. Just go to settings and turn off "Instant On" then turn the machine off. When you turn it on again it will boot from scratch.

Mike Scott (XBL: MikeHellion, PSN: MarcHellion)

"Think of the cable company as a group of terrorist (sic)." -- hookbill
michaeltscott is offline  
post #14322 of 16799 Old 03-22-2014, 09:49 AM
AVS Special Member
 
jhoff80's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2005
Posts: 4,003
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 49 Post(s)
Liked: 148
Hadn't really thought of that as a possibility, but yeah that would work. A little overly complicated compared to just having a button for it, but still.

XBL/Steam: JHoff80
jhoff80 is online now  
post #14323 of 16799 Old 03-22-2014, 10:02 AM
AVS Addicted Member
 
michaeltscott's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2001
Location: San Diego, CA, USA
Posts: 16,604
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 281 Post(s)
Liked: 502
Quote:
Originally Posted by jhoff80 View Post

Hadn't really thought of that as a possibility, but yeah that would work. A little overly complicated compared to just having a button for it, but still.

Perhaps, but if you use Instant On how often are you going to need to boot from scratch?

Mike Scott (XBL: MikeHellion, PSN: MarcHellion)

"Think of the cable company as a group of terrorist (sic)." -- hookbill
michaeltscott is offline  
post #14324 of 16799 Old 03-22-2014, 10:03 AM
AVS Special Member
 
jhoff80's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2005
Posts: 4,003
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 49 Post(s)
Liked: 148
Unfortunately, more often than I'd like to. It's been about once a week or so that I've had to do it. Today it was because the system wouldn't connect to Live until I did that.

XBL/Steam: JHoff80
jhoff80 is online now  
post #14325 of 16799 Old 03-22-2014, 10:37 AM
Member
 
chmorgan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: Webster, Mn
Posts: 141
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 20 Post(s)
Liked: 35
S
Quote:
Originally Posted by jhoff80 View Post

Unfortunately, more often than I'd like to. It's been about once a week or so that I've had to do it. Today it was because the system wouldn't connect to Live until I did that.

Same thing here. Been having to reboot in order to connect to Live. What up with that?

XBL: octavarium1/PSN:octavarium1970
chmorgan is offline  
post #14326 of 16799 Old 03-22-2014, 11:31 AM
Advanced Member
 
slyderulz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: The Armpit of Civilization
Posts: 891
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 32 Post(s)
Liked: 87
Quote:
Originally Posted by brian6751 View Post

I'm in the same situation as you. I tried this splitter. It did its job just fine. I was having audio sync issues and took it out of the loop. I no longer have the issue but I'm not sure if the splitter was the cause. I have not hooked it back up yet. I'm waiting for an update to make the Xbone default to the TV ap on start up.


http://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B008D66RAU

Thanks, I got this one...works like a charm so far except for the incredibly bright blue LED lights. Gotta find that electrical tape I used on the DS4 wink.gif

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0088HP93A/ref=oh_details_o00_s01_i00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

XBOX LIVE ID: JeepR kReapR
PSN ID: JeepR_kReapR

 

Originally Posted by emartins

Instead of the usual 2 minutes, give her 5 minutes of nothing but that Jeep ecstasy. She will be exhausted and fall right to sleep. You are now free to play.


Thats what I do.

slyderulz is online now  
post #14327 of 16799 Old 03-22-2014, 12:00 PM
Member
 
OberstDanjeje's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2014
Posts: 28
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Liked: 17
Quote:
Originally Posted by slyderulz View Post


Thanks, I got this one...works like a charm so far except for the incredibly bright blue LED lights. Gotta find that electrical tape I used on the DS4 wink.gif

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0088HP93A/ref=oh_details_o00_s01_i00?ie=UTF8&psc=1


I have the same splitter and it work quite well, yes the led are too bright 😖

OberstDanjeje is offline  
post #14328 of 16799 Old 03-22-2014, 03:49 PM
AVS Club Gold
 
aaronwt's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2001
Location: Northern VA(Woodbridge)
Posts: 21,108
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 438 Post(s)
Liked: 641
Quote:
Originally Posted by OberstDanjeje View Post


I have the same splitter and it work quite well, yes the led are too bright 😖

LightDims

http://www.lightdims.com/

They work great on Bright LEDs.

I need to put them on my second HDMI splitter. For some reason the LEDs are alot brighter than the first one I bought from Amazon.
OberstDanjeje likes this.

39TB unRAID1--53TB unRAID2--36TB unRAID3
LED DLP
XBL/PSN: WormholeXtreme

aaronwt is online now  
post #14329 of 16799 Old 03-22-2014, 08:49 PM
AVS Special Member
 
c.kingsley's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Posts: 1,664
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 11 Post(s)
Liked: 202
Quote:
Originally Posted by bd2003 View Post

Think about what windows has done in the past few years. They've systematically ripped out a ton of branding, and replaced it with xbox. The music app in windows 8 is "xbox music". Same with video....even the games app is technically "xbox games". Xbox is slowly becoming more like windows, and windows is becoming more like xbox. And since the xbox one is basically an x86 PC....it seems pretty obvious where this is all headed.
Don't get me wrong, it'd probably be a good thing if it went there but the first Xbox was also x86 and then the 360 was released on PowerPC architecture. You can count me in the camp that was totally surprised by that decision. I think it is way to early to be assuming what happens next is obvious. We're only ~4 months into this cycle of consoles. My crystal ball is cloudy...
c.kingsley is offline  
post #14330 of 16799 Old 03-22-2014, 09:52 PM
AVS Special Member
 
pcweber111's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2001
Location: In a van, down by the river.
Posts: 3,567
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 26 Post(s)
Liked: 264
Quote:
Originally Posted by bd2003 View Post

The significance isn't that DX11 couldn't do the same. It's that going forward, the xbox API isn't a fork of the PC (like it was with the 360). 

Just to add a little fuel to the fire:
http://www.polygon.com/2014/3/21/5534188/microsoft-renewed-focus-on-windows-pc-gaming-phil-spencer

Think about what windows has done in the past few years. They've systematically ripped out a ton of branding, and replaced it with xbox. The music app in windows 8 is "xbox music". Same with video....even the games app is technically "xbox games". Xbox is slowly becoming more like windows, and windows is becoming more like xbox. And since the xbox one is basically an x86 PC....it seems pretty obvious where this is all headed.

This is why Steam had to be proactive because the collision course Xbox and Windows are headed to involves the Windows Store, something Steam will be locked out of. To me if MS says they're dedicated to PC gaming but that dedication locks you into apps from their store that doesn't do the PC crowd any favors. In fact it's pretty hostile to be honest. I like Windows 8 but I think they need to keep PC gaming separate from what they're doing with their Metro store. I don't see that happening though.
TeflonSoul likes this.
pcweber111 is offline  
post #14331 of 16799 Old 03-22-2014, 10:30 PM
AVS Addicted Member
 
bd2003's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: Long Island, NY
Posts: 10,388
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 193 Post(s)
Liked: 1368
Quote:
Originally Posted by pcweber111 View Post


This is why Steam had to be proactive because the collision course Xbox and Windows are headed to involves the Windows Store, something Steam will be locked out of. To me if MS says they're dedicated to PC gaming but that dedication locks you into apps from their store that doesn't do the PC crowd any favors. In fact it's pretty hostile to be honest. I like Windows 8 but I think they need to keep PC gaming separate from what they're doing with their Metro store. I don't see that happening though.

 

I don't see how they can lock you in short of locking steam entirely out of windows. If the windows store (ahem, xbox games store) finally becomes a viable PC games marketplace, then I welcome a new competitor. I'm looking forward to them bringing a proper controller-based interface to windows, and as long as I'm free to arrange shortcuts as I please then I'm all for it. If it really is an attempt at lock in, where the only apps that can launch from that interface are windows store apps, then I agree...it's going to fall as flat on it's face as GFW. It'll be interesting...it could end up being something fantastic, or another half assed attempt.

 

How all this extends to the xbox consoles themselves is hard to say...I suspect it'll stay locked down in far more ways than windows, more of a controlled experience. But I would bet anything you buy on xbox, you'll automatically get for windows. And looking at the start screen, the interfaces will probably be indistinguishable from one another.


Steam/PSN/Xbox Live: Darius510
bd2003 is offline  
post #14332 of 16799 Old 03-22-2014, 10:36 PM
AVS Addicted Member
 
bd2003's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: Long Island, NY
Posts: 10,388
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 193 Post(s)
Liked: 1368
Quote:
Originally Posted by c.kingsley View Post


Don't get me wrong, it'd probably be a good thing if it went there but the first Xbox was also x86 and then the 360 was released on PowerPC architecture. You can count me in the camp that was totally surprised by that decision. I think it is way to early to be assuming what happens next is obvious. We're only ~4 months into this cycle of consoles. My crystal ball is cloudy...

 

I dunno...it just seems obvious to me. Any one thing isn't evidence of much by itself, but taken all together I think it's pretty clear what the general direction of their plans are.


Steam/PSN/Xbox Live: Darius510
bd2003 is offline  
post #14333 of 16799 Old 03-23-2014, 03:05 AM
Member
 
OberstDanjeje's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2014
Posts: 28
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Liked: 17
Quote:
Originally Posted by aaronwt View Post


LightDims

http://www.lightdims.com/

They work great on Bright LEDs.

I need to put them on my second HDMI splitter. For some reason the LEDs are alot brighter than the first one I bought from Amazon.


Thank.

It's an interesting thing

OberstDanjeje is offline  
post #14334 of 16799 Old 03-23-2014, 07:08 AM
AVS Special Member
 
Bailey151's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Posts: 1,948
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Liked: 68
Quote:
Originally Posted by bd2003 View Post

I dunno...it just seems obvious to me. Any one thing isn't evidence of much by itself, but taken all together I think it's pretty clear what the general direction of their plans are.
That's pretty easy.......the "media content device" aka the Xbox will be the only "PC" in the average home. PC's are a dodo bird & MS is very aware of that fact.

It's just my opinion & it's worth exactly what you paid for it.
Bailey151 is online now  
post #14335 of 16799 Old 03-23-2014, 09:17 AM
AVS Special Member
 
jhoff80's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2005
Posts: 4,003
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 49 Post(s)
Liked: 148
In case anyone was interested, there's apparently a new app so people can watch the Call of Duty Championships. (I only noticed it myself because I was looking to see if MLB.tv was there yet).

XBL/Steam: JHoff80
jhoff80 is online now  
post #14336 of 16799 Old 03-23-2014, 12:04 PM
AVS Special Member
 
onlysublime's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2005
Posts: 4,658
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 5 Post(s)
Liked: 493
did you guys read the article on the million point guy at Polygon? pretty cool article...

can't imagine unlocking an average of 333 gamerscore a day... didn't know also that he wanted to sit at 1,000,000 and not get any more points by playing in such a way that he knew he couldn't get any achievements...

http://www.polygon.com/2014/3/22/5533384/meet-the-million-point-man-of-xbox-live

Microsoft approached him with another request: The Titanfall event at South by Southwest, the interactive festival in Austin, Texas, was a second chance to do it during a big moment for Xbox.

Cox accepted the challenge and went to Texas with a library of gamesaves already set up to cash in achievements and Gamerscore. "It's actually kind of what I'd been doing since October," he said, "getting to points in a game where I was close to unlocking an achievement and saving them. That's kind of how I was playing for many months."

He arrived in Austin on a Saturday standing about 17,000 Gamerscore short of a million. Think about this for a second. A five-figure Gamerscore is an entire career for thousands, if not millions, on Xbox Live. Cox was trying to cover that span in a weekend. Again, it just proved infeasible.

"They had everything set up, and they had everything out there to help me try to get the million," Cox said. "As soon as I got to the hotel, I played all night, then I slept for an hour and got up and played all day. It was pretty nuts. Everybody else was drinking and having fun, and I was sitting there busting my ass."
onlysublime is online now  
post #14337 of 16799 Old 03-23-2014, 12:26 PM
AVS Special Member
 
onlysublime's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2005
Posts: 4,658
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 5 Post(s)
Liked: 493
just got the 1404 update preview (1.7 GB!). preview forum says not all 1404 update features are live yet but will roll out...
onlysublime is online now  
post #14338 of 16799 Old 03-23-2014, 01:07 PM
Advanced Member
 
Sorax's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Atlanta, GA
Posts: 864
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Liked: 46
Quote:
Originally Posted by onlysublime View Post

just got the 1404 update preview (1.7 GB!). preview forum says not all 1404 update features are live yet but will roll out...
Exciting. And I may just be a tiny bit envious of everyone in the preview biggrin.gif

Gamer Tag: Todd Stevens
Sorax is online now  
post #14339 of 16799 Old 03-23-2014, 02:20 PM
AVS Club Gold
 
aaronwt's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2001
Location: Northern VA(Woodbridge)
Posts: 21,108
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 438 Post(s)
Liked: 641
Quote:
Originally Posted by onlysublime View Post

just got the 1404 update preview (1.7 GB!). preview forum says not all 1404 update features are live yet but will roll out...

I thought the last update was supposed to elimiate having the scrub bar show up. It's showing an update for me now. But the scrub bar does look different and there is also a picture of the XBOne on screen which didn't used to be the case. At least it downloaded quick. It took less than two minutes to download the 1.6 or 1.7GB.

EDIT: well that was different. It just rebooted and now I have the screen with only the scrub bar. This must be the update that my other XBOne got the other day. Which I guess is the one that changes how it updates. Where in the future it is supposed to update and go back into standby mode,

39TB unRAID1--53TB unRAID2--36TB unRAID3
LED DLP
XBL/PSN: WormholeXtreme

aaronwt is online now  
post #14340 of 16799 Old 03-23-2014, 02:25 PM
Member
 
chmorgan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: Webster, Mn
Posts: 141
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 20 Post(s)
Liked: 35
I'm not in on any of the preview updates, so I don't know if that makes a difference, but I've never seen a scrub bar of any kind. I'm guessing it's the way I have my system set up, but I don't recall setting anything for this.

XBL: octavarium1/PSN:octavarium1970
chmorgan is offline  
Reply Xbox Area

Tags
Monoprice , Xbox One Console Day One Edition

User Tag List

Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page


Forum Jump: 

Posting Rules  
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off