post #14401 of 17880 Old 03-26-2014, 10:14 AM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 348
Quote:
Originally Posted by tyler webb View Post

Has Anyone had a popping sound while playing music threw Xbox music. It only occurs while bit-streaming Dolby digital 5.1 over HDMI. If I switch to 5.1 uncompressed no problems also DTS no Problems.
The bigger question is... Why in the world would you use compressed Dolby Digital over HDMI when you can be running uncompressed PCM? PCM will give you vastly better sound quality.

"Never believe any quote you read on the internet." - Abraham Lincoln
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #14402 of 17880 Old 03-26-2014, 12:08 PM

Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Is it possible to use the Xbox One HDMI pass-through for this new AppleTV comcast deal? That would be great! I can't stand my comcast dvr. I'm, also, liking the cloud DVR service the Apple TV may have. What do you all think?
post #14403 of 17880 Old 03-26-2014, 12:24 PM

Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Liked: 13
The Xbox One will accept any HDMI signal. You may get varying results for channel changing commands but you'll at least be able to view whatever the Apple TV would output. The only real issue is latency as the pass-through adds enough where playing an Xbox 360, or other HDMI game system. That specific situation would be inadvisable.
post #14404 of 17880 Old 03-26-2014, 01:23 PM

http://online.wsj.com/news/articles/SB10001424052702303949704579457554242014552

I meant about this. You can use oneguide and kinect features. What do you think?
post #14405 of 17880 Old 03-26-2014, 02:24 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by redbulluci View Post

Is it possible to use the Xbox One HDMI pass-through for this new AppleTV comcast deal? That would be great! I can't stand my comcast dvr. I'm, also, liking the cloud DVR service the Apple TV may have. What do you all think?
I think anyone who supports this shady bypassing of the internet on the part of Comcast doesn't understand just how important net neutrality is. This would essentially give Apple preferential treatment on Comcast's network, putting providers like Netflix, Amazon Prime, etc. at a disadvantage... and leaving those services within the purview of the ridiculous artificial bandwidth caps that Comcast is putting into place. They can't simultaneously make the argument that bandwidth is a commodity which they can charge extra for AND say they have enough to bypass the internet completely and send it straight to your home. Those two concepts just don't jive with each other. And I sincerely hope that the FCC sees it as a threat to competition and prevents Comcast from doing this.

The internet should be an unfettered pipe to my home, not something Comcast can pick and choose for me because their cable TV service has been threatened by internet-based media.

But I digress. To answer your question, the Xbox One could technically get an app to use this service the same way they did Xfinity on the 360, at which point you wouldn't need an external box for that functionality. Still, you shouldn't want this. It's a curse disguised as a blessing.
mikeloxlong and TeflonSoul like this.

post #14406 of 17880 Old 03-26-2014, 02:59 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 26 Post(s)
Liked: 265
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeremy Anderson View Post

The bigger question is... Why in the world would you use compressed Dolby Digital over HDMI when you can be running uncompressed PCM? PCM will give you vastly better sound quality.

If he's using DD headphones maybe? That'd be my guess.
post #14407 of 17880 Old 03-26-2014, 03:01 PM

I thought Netflix is doing the same thing? Anyway, you explain net neutrality really well!

This was a good podcast episode. Check it out: http://www.cordkillers.com/blog/2014/3/24/cordkillers-ep-12-in-hate-with-our-dvrs
post #14408 of 17880 Old 03-26-2014, 03:56 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by pcweber111 View Post

If he's using DD headphones maybe? That'd be my guess.
Note that he said HDMI, not optical. If you're sending over HDMI to a receiver, people should always go with 5.1 or 7.1 uncompressed over the lossy DD or DTS formats.

Quote:
Originally Posted by redbulluci View Post

I thought Netflix is doing the same thing? Anyway, you explain net neutrality really well!
What Netflix is doing isn't quite the same. They're basically paying Comcast for using so much of their network... which they shouldn't have to be doing, but not doing so means their customers get a poor experience and will likely decide not to keep being customers. Because of this, they are basically paying Comcast for the habits of Comcast's users... which Comcast's users are ALSO paying for, ironically, and is part of their excuse to implement bandwidth limits and then charge for overages. This isn't something they've implemented everywhere... Just in "test markets". In my area, for instance, if I go over 300gb in a month, every 50gb block above that costs me an extra $10. Now, that sounds like a lot... but with 3 Xbox Ones, 3 360s, 3 PCs and several smartphones in my home, you can see the problem there. Even without streaming services, we have to be careful.

What this Apple/Comcast thing would do is bypass the bandwidth cap by using a subnet JUST on Comcast's network, which doesn't count toward your bandwidth cap. That's where the unfair advantage will be, and where Comcast will very likely run into a giant hurdle with the FCC, as they have a standing promise to remain net neutral for several more years under the terms of the Comcast/NBC merger (which you could already argue they broke with charging Netflix the way they did).

Internet should be reclassified by the FCC as a utility required for public use. Doing this puts it under the same rules as telephones, meaning the FCC would essentially have extensive power to regulate internet service providers. The roadblock there is the companies themselves, which have a very powerful lobby standing against such democratization of internet use.

So again, while there's an appeal for Apple users to get such a service, they would be doing it basically at the expensive of every other bit of traffic coming through that pipe. No one should want that. Xbox users especially shouldn't want that, since the push for digital is only going to get stronger and bandwidth caps imposed by ISPs will stand in the way of innovation in that space.

post #14409 of 17880 Old 03-26-2014, 05:48 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 26 Post(s)
Liked: 265
post #14410 of 17880 Old 03-27-2014, 12:42 AM

Liked: 17

I guys, sorry if already mentioned but I found there is an FW update for the controller with the preview FW.

post #14411 of 17880 Old 03-27-2014, 01:49 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 59 Post(s)
Liked: 83
Quote:
Originally Posted by OberstDanjeje View Post

I guys, sorry if already mentioned but I found there is an FW update for the controller with the preview FW.

Yes I was getting audio coming out of speakers when headphones connected. After updating controller with the preview FW the issue was fixed.
post #14412 of 17880 Old 03-27-2014, 01:52 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bori View Post

Yes I was getting audio coming out of speakers when headphones connected. After updating controller with the preview FW the issue was fixed.

I have the controller disconecting issue, I have already changed my consolle but didn't solved my issue, hope this FW update solved it

post #14413 of 17880 Old 03-27-2014, 01:54 AM
AVS Special Member

I don't think it solved it yet cause I had it happen to me on NBA 2k14
post #14414 of 17880 Old 03-27-2014, 07:33 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 9 Post(s)
Liked: 25
Need some help. I apologize for the long post.

I bought an Xbox one when Titanfall launched a few weeks ago. I got the free download code and downloaded the game. I also downloaded Ghosts. Both games would not launch but I know EA was having server issues that first weekend so I didn't think the problem was local. Well, it turns out after spending several hours on the phone with MS going through every possible fix, my Xbox was defective. I got a new one yesterday.

Here is where it gets interesting.

I am still having the same problem! Both games get "stuck." Ghosts gets suck when you see the that Ghost Mask on the screen. Titanfall gets stuck in the "Welcome to the Frontier." I haven't tried an actual disk yet. Movies play fine and the Demo's work, except for the new Kinect Sports game. I have a Xbox 360 which works fine. My PC, Ipad, phone, etc. Everything works fine on the wired and wireless network.The PS4 and XBox are wired.

I also started having problems with Ghosts not launching when I downloaded Onslaught on my PS4.

So, DLC content that must connect to the internet is not working on both consoles. Now, I am suspicious there is something wrong with my router. I can't think of anything else. Might be time for a new router, I suppose.

Other then resetting the router are they any other diagnostics I can try?

Does anyone know what MS and Sony are doing differently from a network/cloud perspective that would render my router incompatible?

It is a Verizon Actiontec M1424-WR Rev. E

post #14415 of 17880 Old 03-27-2014, 08:04 AM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)

Hi All,

I'm new to AVS, have been a bit of a lurker but have decided to join up. I have encountered a strange behaviour from my Xbox One, which I'm trying to verify whehter this is normal. When I turn on the Xbox One, sometimes it switches itself off, I think this only happens when I insert a game disc in the drive and the Xbox One has still not completely booted (has the black screen with the white xbox logo in the middle and upper right hand side).

My question is, has anybody else experienced this?

Should I be worried?

Thanks in advance.

post #14416 of 17880 Old 03-27-2014, 08:20 AM

Quote:

I don't think it solved it yet cause I had it happen to me on NBA 2k14

Do you have the issue on one game only?

post #14417 of 17880 Old 03-27-2014, 08:25 AM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 490 Post(s)
Liked: 519
Quote:
Originally Posted by properbostonian View Post

I bought an Xbox one when Titanfall launched a few weeks ago. I got the free download code and downloaded the game. I also downloaded Ghosts. Both games would not launch but I know EA was having server issues that first weekend so I didn't think the problem was local. Well, it turns out after spending several hours on the phone with MS going through every possible fix, my Xbox was defective. I got a new one yesterday.

I am still having the same problem! Both games get "stuck." Ghosts gets suck when you see the that Ghost Mask on the screen. Titanfall gets stuck in the "Welcome to the Frontier." I haven't tried an actual disk yet. Movies play fine and the Demo's work, except for the new Kinect Sports game. I have a Xbox 360 which works fine. My PC, Ipad, phone, etc. Everything works fine on the wired and wireless network.The PS4 and XBox are wired.

I also started having problems with Ghosts not launching when I downloaded Onslaught on my PS4.

So, DLC content that must connect to the internet is not working on both consoles. Now, I am suspicious there is something wrong with my router. I can't think of anything else. Might be time for a new router, I suppose.

Does anyone know what MS and Sony are doing differently from a network/cloud perspective that would render my router incompatible?

have you tried deleting the games and reinstalling them. Try installing them one by one. Maybe its not the network but the actual game install.

One of the greatest posts I have read

benjamin-benjami - http://www.avsforum.com/forum/142-pl...l#post24609271
post #14418 of 17880 Old 03-27-2014, 08:29 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 9 Post(s)
Liked: 25
Quote:
Originally Posted by emartins View Post

have you tried deleting the games and reinstalling them. Try installing them one by one. Maybe its not the network but the actual game install.

Yes. Still didn't work.

post #14419 of 17880 Old 03-27-2014, 08:38 AM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 56 Post(s)
Liked: 243
Quote:
Originally Posted by properbostonian View Post

I would try a disc-based game if you can. Disconnect from your network, then install a game from a disc and see if it works. It seems unlikely to me that you would receive two defective Xboxes in a row, so you just need to work on eliminating variables to identify the root cause. Good luck!
post #14420 of 17880 Old 03-27-2014, 10:29 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 18 Post(s)
Liked: 32
Boom! Just like that my Xbox One drive has failed.

All was good, until I went to put in ACBF and heard a crazy grinding noise and a "clean disk" error popped up.

Now any disc I put in there is unreadable, and they all give the same horrible grinding sound. Yay. Thanks MS. I suppose I should have expected it, I went through 5 or 6 Xbox 360's...

-JR
post #14421 of 17880 Old 03-27-2014, 10:45 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 69 Post(s)
Liked: 186
Quote:
Originally Posted by JuiceRocket View Post

All was good, until I went to put in ACBF and heard a crazy grinding noise and a "clean disk" error popped up.

Now any disc I put in there is unreadable, and they all give the same horrible grinding sound. Yay. Thanks MS. I suppose I should have expected it, I went through 5 or 6 Xbox 360's...

-JR
This issue popped up at launch for some people. MS gave everyone a free digital download game for their troubles until their replacement Xbox came in. Don't know if they are still doing it that way but I would assume, to avoid the negative press and irate poster, that they are. From my understanding it's not on the RROD level of frequency though which is surprising as it's a drive issue and you'd think it would be more prevalent.

AT HAMMOND ROBOTICS WE'RE BRINGING THE FUTURE ... HOME
post #14422 of 17880 Old 03-27-2014, 10:46 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 287
Quote:

-JR
Maybe you should give them a call before you start give a sarcastic "Thanks MS" on a forum.

XBL: xGunner26x

PSN: AMER1CAN_GUNNER

Steam: xGunner26x

post #14423 of 17880 Old 03-27-2014, 10:50 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 126 Post(s)
Liked: 593
Quote:

-JR

Damn, that is really frustrating that you have to deal that. I hope MS gets your machine fixed ASAP. My friends Xbox One drive just went out as well on one of his Xbox One's.
post #14424 of 17880 Old 03-27-2014, 11:16 AM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 32 Post(s)
Liked: 272
Quote:

-JR

And that's why I bought a warranty. Thought I was going to have to send my ps4 back for a disk read problem, but turns out it's a os issue and there is a fix/workaround.

Xbox Gamertag/PSN ID: RemoWilliams84

"I started out with nothing, and I still got most of it." -Seasick Steve

post #14425 of 17880 Old 03-27-2014, 11:53 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by OberstDanjeje View Post

Do you have the issue on one game only?

I don't remember it happening on TF or BF.
post #14426 of 17880 Old 03-27-2014, 12:00 PM

Quote:

I don't remember it happening on TF or BF.

For me it happen on CoD, MGS5 and on the Xbox UI.

On CoD the game come out of the pause menu alone, without any input

post #14427 of 17880 Old 03-27-2014, 12:48 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 18 Post(s)
Liked: 32
Quote:
Originally Posted by americangunner View Post

Maybe you should give them a call before you start give a sarcastic "Thanks MS" on a forum.

As you can probably understand, having this fail on top of 5 to 6 of the previous Xboxs can be a bit frustrating. wink.gif I'm sure the three words I said on this forum won't hurt MS or their brand health index. I have a feeling my comments have no effect on them whatsoever.

When I reached out to Xbox, it was through the chat feature. The first thing they had me do was clear my MAC address and restart the device. They then had me test a couple of discs and informed me that the device needed to be replaced.

I wasn't offered a free download.

The process is already in the system, I suppose I can call back and push for something, but really, is it worth it to me? Probably not.

**added information** To be clear - my frustration came from the fact that I spoke with the chat team almost 50 minutes and got absolutely nowhere other than at the end of the chat - they told me to call their MS phone number.

During the process of chat troubleshooting they decided I was ready for an Advance Exchange, but couldn't tell me where to see that option on the Xbox One service center site. Once they got stumped with that, they randomly told me, and I quote "I forgot to tell you that...there will be a hold amount, but we will not charge you for the replacement...and we need a credit card details for this." When I did that, the number they gave me was a generic MS number, and as I tried to have them help me connect to the right person they simply ended the chat before confirming I was even talking to someone.

Once on the phone with the right online agent, he said that his notes showed that the chat agent went over Advance Exchange details, including costs. I informed him they did not go over any of that information.

The phone agent laughed, it was clear that the notes of the chat agent were false, and he had to explain the entire process to me. After hearing the details, I explained that the Advance Exchange didn't interest me. He went ahead and processed the standard exchange in the system.

After over an hour of time speaking to the two CSRs, I'll be sending out my Xbox and will hopefully receive a new one back in under 24 days.

-JR
post #14428 of 17880 Old 03-27-2014, 01:23 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 10 Post(s)
Quoted: 399 Post(s)
Liked: 289
Quote:
Originally Posted by americangunner View Post

If he had said M$ it would have been acceptable.
Ha, kidding.
freemeat likes this.

PSN: Cravit8
XBL: oOo_Crav_oOo
post #14429 of 17880 Old 03-27-2014, 01:33 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 154 Post(s)
Liked: 201
Quick question. Got the new updated (finally got my DSL back until the new provider is ready to install) and there is an option for 50Hz under the TV output for HDMI. Should that chat be check or unchecked? I'm running a Sony KDL-46EX710. What is the advantage to 50Hz?

Xbox Live: DaBeavers
PSN- Arutha_conDoin
Steam- An0mander
"Too much knowledge never makes for simple decisions."
-Ghanima Atreides
post #14430 of 17880 Old 03-27-2014, 01:37 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 90 Post(s)
Liked: 104
Only matters if you are in a European country which uses that as a standard.
Arutha_conDoin likes this.
Reply Xbox Area

Tags
Monoprice , Xbox One Console Day One Edition

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page