The Official Xbox One thread... - Page 532 - AVS Forum
First ... 530  531  532 533  534  ... Last
Xbox Area > The Official Xbox One thread...
emartins's Avatar emartins 08:32 AM 06-15-2014
I had to redo my kinect setup now that the A/C is kicking on and everything is working just fine. I've had no issues. I even have the kinect sitting behind the TV and all IR commands still work. I am still impressed at how well it works. The XB1 is now my netflix box as I no longer need to look/grab the remote to pause, play or control volume. Even my wife now uses it when she walks in to talk to me, just walks in says "xbox pause" and she can say what she has to. She never says play but thats ok.

RemoWilliams84's Avatar RemoWilliams84 09:34 AM 06-15-2014
I've found that with the Xbox on commands that I have to make a conscious effort to be directing my voice at the kin eve when I say it it it doesn't pick up. Everything else works fine.

Calling out channels to the one guide seems to be a mess though. Never goes to the right channel..
pcweber111's Avatar pcweber111 12:09 PM 06-15-2014
I'll try recalibrating. Nothings changed with my setup but its worth a shot. As of now its hit or miss at best.
michaeltscott's Avatar michaeltscott 12:18 PM 06-15-2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by emartins View Post
I even have the kinect sitting behind the TV and all IR commands still work.

There is an IR sensor on the body of the console. It never uses the Kinect to detect IR remote commands; IR remote control will work fine for folks with Kinect-less XB1s.
emartins's Avatar emartins 12:40 PM 06-15-2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by michaeltscott View Post
Quote:
I even have the kinect sitting behind the TV and all IR commands still work.

There is an IR sensor on the body of the console. It never uses the Kinect to detect IR remote commands; IR remote control will work fine for folks with Kinect-less XB1s.
Sorry I meant the commands the kinect gives out. For example volume up/down.
totalownership's Avatar totalownership 12:57 PM 06-15-2014
I have to admit that I'm pleasantly surprised with the discreet commands for TV and receiver for my set. From what I've read online my TV didn't have access to those through IR. Yet it works.
This is pretty huge for selling a second Xbox for the livingroom. The wife is ALWAYS leaving one or more component on and having the Xbox take care of all that would be a very nice plus since both my livingroom and gameroom are basically identical setups (Pioneer TV and receiver)
bori's Avatar bori 01:12 PM 06-15-2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by Artman22 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by pcweber111 View Post
I've noticed Kinect getting worse for me too. Ever since I've been in the preview program. Also the console keeps defaulting back to 2 channel uncompressed for some reason. I have to change it nearly every time I turn the Xbox on. Not sure if anyone else has had this issue.
Agreed. Xbox on doesn't even work anymore and yes I recalibrated the Kinect.
I had to do a complete power off to get kinect working again.
smithfarmer's Avatar smithfarmer 01:58 PM 06-15-2014
MS must have tweaked the algorithm used for turning on the console via Kinect.

Since launch day I've had nothing but problems getting the Kinect to turn on the first time I say "Xbox on" with it maybe working 3% of the time. Got a replacement and still no joy. Very frustrating always having to repeat myself multiple times every night trying to get it to work. Hell, sometimes it wouldn't work at all and I had to manually turn on the console. I became resigned to the fact it would take a couple of tries before it would turn on and I resented the Kinect for not working properly.

Amazingly, Kinect started working great a few weeks ago and it now works 99% of the time on the first try. Hopefully they'll have it sorted out for everyone soon enough.
michaeltscott's Avatar michaeltscott 03:10 PM 06-15-2014
I'm sure that they'll continue to work on refinement of speech recognition.
Artman22's Avatar Artman22 01:01 AM 06-16-2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by RemoWilliams84 View Post
I've found that with the Xbox on commands that I have to make a conscious effort to be directing my voice at the kin eve when I say it it it doesn't pick up. Everything else works fine.

Calling out channels to the one guide seems to be a mess though. Never goes to the right channel..
Same here. I call certain channels and it goes to the wrong Channel. At this point I turn on the Xbox with the Xbox controller just to avoid the hassle and not waste my time trying to get it to work.
slyderulz's Avatar slyderulz 08:18 AM 06-16-2014
Has anyone plugged a 3D content device like an AppleTV, PS3 or 3D Bluray player to the XB1 input and rendered 3D content successfully though the TV app?

I've still got a handful of 3D BRs the kid loves to watch, and their will likely be a few more over the next few years until that market dries up or goes another direction yet again. Inputs are at a premium in my entertainment center so If I could pipe 3D BRs though the XB1 TV app that would save me some hassle.

Obviously a patch for either the XB1 or PS4 to play 3D BRs would be ideal but I still haven't heard squat from either camp on that so I'm not waiting around for it to happen.
emartins's Avatar emartins 08:41 AM 06-16-2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by slyderulz View Post
Has anyone plugged a 3D content device like an AppleTV, PS3 or 3D Bluray player to the XB1 input and rendered 3D content successfully though the TV app?

I've still got a handful of 3D BRs the kid loves to watch, and their will likely be a few more over the next few years until that market dries up or goes another direction yet again. Inputs are at a premium in my entertainment center so If I could pipe 3D BRs though the XB1 TV app that would save me some hassle.

Obviously a patch for either the XB1 or PS4 to play 3D BRs would be ideal but I still haven't heard squat from either camp on that so I'm not waiting around for it to happen.
Welcome back to the forums.

Thats an interesting an idea and I am curious enough to try this out when I get home. Does the AppleTV play 3D content?
bd2003's Avatar bd2003 09:06 AM 06-16-2014
Quote:
Quote:

Thats an interesting an idea and I am curious enough to try this out when I get home. Does the AppleTV play 3D content?

Nah, it doesn't. But there's no way that'll work anyway.
slyderulz's Avatar slyderulz 09:08 AM 06-16-2014
Quote:
Quote:

Sup E???

I assume it does since my panny says '3D signal detected' every time a fire it up. Not sure what content via iTunes (if any) is native 3D content though, may just be the menu & screensavers
slyderulz's Avatar slyderulz 09:16 AM 06-16-2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by bd2003 View Post
Quote:
Quote:

Yeah, I figured that may be a bandwidth issue for the app, but I might just try it with the PS3 anyway to see it crap out for myself
bd2003's Avatar bd2003 09:20 AM 06-16-2014
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

Yeah, I figured that may be a bandwidth issue for the app, but I might just try it with the PS3 anyway to see it crap out for myself

I don't think bandwidth is the issue, it's just not going to know what to do with a frame packed 3D signal.

But if your 3D bluray player can convert the frame packed 3D and output it as side by side, and then let your TV convert the SBS into 3D...that should work.
slyderulz's Avatar slyderulz 09:32 AM 06-16-2014
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

I don't think bandwidth is the issue, it's just not going to know what to do with a frame packed 3D signal.

But if your 3D bluray player can convert the frame packed 3D and output it as side by side, and then let your TV convert the SBS into 3D...that should work.
Not sure if the PS3 has that ability. But if I have to start modifying the signal I may as well grab another HDMI input switch for 12 bucks and be done with it...skip the XB1 entirely.
bd2003's Avatar bd2003 10:40 AM 06-16-2014
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

Not sure if the PS3 has that ability. But if I have to start modifying the signal I may as well grab another HDMI input switch for 12 bucks and be done with it...skip the XB1 entirely.

That's prob a much better idea. Eventually it's gonna play 3D bluray by itself.....eventually.
emartins's Avatar emartins 10:46 AM 06-16-2014
They need to fix the quoting on AVS. I can see some discussions becoming real long and seeing every post over and over sucks.
slyderulz's Avatar slyderulz 12:35 PM 06-16-2014
Quote:
They need to fix the quoting on AVS. I can see some discussions becoming real long and seeing every post over and over sucks.
True dat (no quote)
stuart628's Avatar stuart628 01:44 PM 06-16-2014
I may have missed something, but I thought that 3D could not be used in the HDMI in port as well as 3D bluray playback until the update is complete...I have Directv 3D and while I Have never used it I remember being upset that the xbox one pretty much kills 3D at this point...am I wrong?
tampabuc's Avatar tampabuc 04:30 PM 06-16-2014
Interesting idea on the pass-through but you would need 2 HDMI-in ports to enjoy TV, 3D Blu-ray, and voice features all wrapped up into one package which is the ultimate goal.

Personally, I can watch 3D content over Cable TV with the Xbox One pass-thru no problem (3D On-Demand or HBO 3D OD). No issues at all. No extra equipment.

Kids and kids at heart are really getting screwed this week with the Blu-ray release of The Lego Movie and still no 3D support. I had to purchase a new 3D Blu-Ray player just for the special edition release on Tuesday. Thanks MS & Sony!

Off topic but The Lego Movie is one, if not the best kid movie of all time IMO, especially in 3D. If you have kids into Legos or had them as kids, you will be amazed. The references and situations are priceless.
tampabuc's Avatar tampabuc 08:35 PM 06-16-2014
One more reason to connect your Kinect to a proper TV source as intended (or maybe not at all)...

Aaron Paul - Xbox On

http://m.ign.com/articles/2014/06/16...ng-consoles-on

aaronwt's Avatar aaronwt 10:13 PM 06-16-2014
Why are people watching commercials?
Bailey151's Avatar Bailey151 06:32 AM 06-17-2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by tampabuc View Post
.........................and still no 3D support. I had to purchase a new 3D Blu-Ray player just for the special edition release on Tuesday. Thanks MS & Sony!
Missed the memo? 3D = deader than hell. That's why they trotted out 4K - 3D failed so lets try the next thing to pry some $$$$ out of the consumers pockets.

They'll likely support it at some point, probably just way.....way....way down the priority list.
aaronwt's Avatar aaronwt 06:51 AM 06-17-2014
Anyone into 3D should already have a device for 3D BD playback. 3D is not a priority for both the XBOne and PS4.

I wish MS would correct their surround audio issues first before they tackle 3D. They need to get the basics right first. So far both consoles still have some glaring issues that should have been corrected already.
mboojigga's Avatar mboojigga 07:07 AM 06-17-2014
http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/20...actually-works

"Lots of people ask, 'so, you're taking back the GPU reserve for Kinect. Well, does that mean I can't say, 'Xbox, record that?' No. You can always say that," Microsoft Studios creative director Ken Lobb told Eurogamer.
What Microsoft has done is create a flexible system where, according to Lobb, the Xbox One's GPU and RAM "can bounce".
"So if someone says, 'Xbox record that,' it will work on 100 per cent of the games, if you have a Kinect."
If you don't have a Kinect, "it's not like you have more RAM," Lobb clarified.
Microsoft has optimised the Xbox One's background operating system to support "flipping back and forth". It listens to the player sometimes, "and then pulling back if it's needed for a frame to go, he said, 'record that,' go record this thing.
"And you have to count for that whether you're using Kinect or not. But you get the full memory and the full bandwidth."
It's worth noting that if a developer creates a Kinect-free game, gesture controls and visual recognition features are suspended while the game is running. As soon as you minimise the game, however, all of the Kinect functionality returns.

Full article after link

2014-06-17-how-the-xbox-one-gpu-reserve-unlock-actually-works
slyderulz's Avatar slyderulz 07:10 AM 06-17-2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bailey151 View Post
Missed the memo? 3D = deader than hell. That's why they trotted out 4K - 3D failed so lets try the next thing to pry some $$$$ out of the consumers pockets.

They'll likely support it at some point, probably just way.....way....way down the priority list.
I stated this (in so many words) in my first post. I was simply asking if there was a way to play 3D BRs through the HDMI in since there is no commitment from either MS or Sony that 3D BR playback will be supported.

The kid still loves 3D and despite what's happening in the consumer space, arguably to of the biggest movies of the past year were both 3D releases in the theater - "Frozen" and "How to Train Your Dragon 2".

Quote:
Originally Posted by aaronwt View Post
Anyone into 3D should already have a device for 3D BD playback. 3D is not a priority for both the XBOne and PS4.

I wish MS would correct their surround audio issues first before they tackle 3D. They need to get the basics right first. So far both consoles still have some glaring issues that should have been corrected already.
Again, I'm repeating myself here. I'm using the PS3 for 3D BR playback, it's the only reason I am keeping it. I don't need another device to playback 3D Blurays...what I need is either another HDMI switch because the 2 new HDMI BR game consoles I just added can't play them, one of the new consoles to support it so I can ditch the PS3, or for the XB1 to support 3D signals via the TV app/HDMI input.

Hence the question "can the XB1 display a 3D signal through the HDM! input"
spid's Avatar spid 08:02 AM 06-17-2014
You can now track all of your achievements Across the Xbox One, Xbox 360, Windows Phone, and Windows 8 at the link below.

https://account.xbox.com/en-US/Achievements/
emartins's Avatar emartins 08:16 AM 06-17-2014
@slyderulz

For the giggles I did plug in my 3D BR player into the XB1. It did not want to give the 3D signal though. It came up as a normal 2d image. I swapped the HDMI back to the original and it went right back to 3D image. Back to the xb1 and the signal goes 2d. I didn't need the extra input as I just purchased a switch but I was curious as it could of come handy with my outdoor setup.
Tags: Monoprice , Xbox One Console Day One Edition
First ... 530  531  532 533  534  ... Last

Up
Mobile  Desktop