The Official Xbox One thread... - Page 534 - AVS Forum
First ... 532  533  534 535  536  ... Last
Xbox Area > The Official Xbox One thread...
rightintel's Avatar rightintel 05:59 PM 06-18-2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nickff View Post
While I agree, there are significantly more last-gen consoles out there...so the money is in making games for last-gen. The new Borderlands is an example of this in action.
So is the new Borderlands sort of a lowest common denominator?

totalownership's Avatar totalownership 08:01 PM 06-18-2014
I had a thought the other day. Kinect language is suppose to be localized from what I understand. What if you're in oneguide and the show you want to watch has a foreign film title.
Artman22's Avatar Artman22 06:47 AM 06-19-2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by tsaville View Post
Yep, that's my interpretation. Hence the reason I want last-gen to die.
Quote:
Originally Posted by bd2003 View Post
Don't hold your breath, it's gonna be a while.
Yea, it's going to be a while till next gen dies. These companies are trying to maximize profits. After playing on next gen systems I can't even play old gen no more.
spid's Avatar spid 07:19 AM 06-19-2014
Outlast ($19.99) and Sixty Second Shooter Prime ($4.99) are out now on the Xbox One Store.
aaronwt's Avatar aaronwt 07:22 AM 06-19-2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by spid View Post
Outlast ($19.99) and Sixty Second Shooter Prime ($4.99) are out now on the Xbox Store.
Is Outlast a game that was a PS+ game on the PS4? I think that was one of the games my PS4 downloaded last night after I had upgraded the hard drive.

What is Sixty Second Shooter Prime?
spid's Avatar spid 07:32 AM 06-19-2014
Sixty Second Shooter Prime is a twin stick shooter. Here is a video of previous version of the game.

You Tube

aaronwt's Avatar aaronwt 07:37 AM 06-19-2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by spid View Post
Sixty Second Shooter Prime is a twin stick shooter. Here is a video of previous version of the game.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l6A0iFbQXf8
Thanks!!

I found a video of the new one.
You Tube

For only $5 I think I will pick this up. Or will that be a mistake and this will end up being a Games with Gold title in a few months?
tsaville's Avatar tsaville 07:49 AM 06-19-2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by aaronwt View Post
Is Outlast a game that was a PS+ game on the PS4? I think that was one of the games my PS4 downloaded last night after I had upgraded the hard drive.

What is Sixty Second Shooter Prime?
Yes, Outlast was a PS+ game on PS4. I didn't care for it. It had the look and gameplay mechanics of a 90s PC game to me.
spid's Avatar spid 08:48 AM 06-19-2014
Guacamelee Super Turbo Championship Edition will launch on July 2 for Xbox One and 360.

http://www.polygon.com/2014/6/19/582...u-release-date
FrankJ.Cone's Avatar FrankJ.Cone 08:54 AM 06-19-2014
Sixty Second Shooter Prime looks like its worth $5.
spid's Avatar spid 09:07 AM 06-19-2014
Apparently there is are demos for Thief and Trials out on the Xbox One store.
spid's Avatar spid 09:52 AM 06-19-2014
The devs of Sixty Second Shooter Prime did a Ask Me Anything Q&A on reddit. You can read the full exchange below, but here are a few highlights for me.

* They had a real positive experience working with ID@Xbox program.

* Three people (one working part time) worked to bring the game over to the Xbox One. The game was originally created by one person for Chrome

* It took three months to port the game to the Xbox One.

* They would have weekly leaderboard if Microsoft supported which they currently do not.

http://www.reddit.com/r/xboxone/comm...an_you_ask_us/
bd2003's Avatar bd2003 10:20 AM 06-19-2014
https://chrome.google.com/webstore/d...mbhhchkg?hl=en

Save your $5, play it for free in your browser.
totalownership's Avatar totalownership 10:39 AM 06-19-2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by tampabuc View Post
I hope Kinect-sucks minded people don't get screwed and gimp it for the rest of us long term at the same time. Even as of today....

$429 = X1+Kinect+Forza
$399 = X1+thank you for purchasing

There is nothing better than walking into a room and having instant and multiple media channels (snap features) on demand by just saying a few words...definitely worth $30. Forget the great free game.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Artman22 View Post
Yea, it's going to be a while till next gen dies. These companies are trying to maximize profits. After playing on next gen systems I can't even play old gen no more.
Well I hope so, we just got these things. But I think you meant last gen which indeed is going to be a while. Although , again, this is nothing new at all.
bd2003's Avatar bd2003 10:47 AM 06-19-2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by totalownership View Post
Well I hope so, we just go these things. But I think you meant last gen which indeed is going to be a while. Although , again, this is nothing new at all.

It's going to be a lot longer than the last transition for sure.
michaeltscott's Avatar michaeltscott 01:54 PM 06-19-2014
I have no problem playing games on my last gen machines. There are some games that I continue to play regularly which aren't available on new gen consoles (Rock Band 3 and Rocksmith 2014) and I have a pile of Xbox and PS3 DDs purchased on sale that I fully intend to plow through .
mboojigga's Avatar mboojigga 08:36 PM 06-19-2014
Welcome to the Xbox One July update preview! 1407 brings a new feature that might get the Achievement hunter in you excited, as well the ability for some regions to choose your spoken language model to fit your preference. We're also doing some early work to enable new ways to offer content via bundles and compilation discs, and a special Game DVR clip on SmartGlass can now get your stamp of approval with a Like.

Key features in the July update preview:
◾Snap Mode for Achievements. You can now track your Achievement progress in real time without ever leaving the game. You can also keep track of important Achievements by moving them to the top, or get the edge on any tough Achievement with a new feature that will scan the web for you and deliver relevant tips and strategy content right to your TV. Tell us what you think in the new Achievements App forum!

◾Double-tap to Snap: You've been able to switch between main and snapped apps with a quick double-tap of the Xbox button, but now you can pull up the Snap Center using the same press if you don't already have an app snapped. Perfect for pulling up that new Achievement App!

◾Choice of Spoken Language. In New Zealand, Ireland, or Austria? You'll now be able to select voice control using English or German models from other countries. Are you an expat living in an English speaking county? You can now choose any of the English models to fit you!

◾Like Game DVR Clips in SmartGlass. With the latest SmartGlass beta, we're adding the ability to "like" your favorite Game DVR clips, as well as your friend's Activity Feed posts. So go ahead, give that special moment a like!

We'll be rolling out this update for the preview audience over the next few days in waves, with one wave on 6/19, and the other following shortly after. So get ready! For the more detailed notes for each update, please check out the Current Update widget below with a link to the update post. For more news from the Xbox Team, check out the Announcements forum.

http://forums.xbox.com/xbox_early_ac...7/default.aspx
michaeltscott's Avatar michaeltscott 08:42 PM 06-19-2014
IMHO, they're loading way too much stuff on SmartGlass. All of the things that you can do for the Xbox 360 at the website should be do-able for the Xbox One on the website as well, because that's the way that I'm used to doing those things. Also I don't like SmartGlass; for me, it's a really unappealing and awkward-to-use app.
spid's Avatar spid 12:34 AM 06-20-2014
Major League Gaming App released for Xbox One.

http://news.xbox.com/2014/06/ent-mlg-on-xbox-one
Arutha_conDoin's Avatar Arutha_conDoin 02:11 AM 06-20-2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by bd2003 View Post
I'm surprised activision isn't putting more pressure on them to allow cross platform and cross gen play. Multiplayer games like this thrive off of people being able to play together. If half of your friends still own 360s, another 1/4 own a PS4, and another 1/4 own an Xbox one....destiny isn't going to be the game for your group. Nothing is, thanks to MS and Sony deliberately preventing it. But if there was a game everyone could play together, regardless of platform, it would sell a ton solely based on that.
I was thinking this game needs Cross-platform play when I was playing the Alpha. With it being on all 4 platforms it would be nice to own one copy and play with everyone and not just a portion of people.
Yuss's Avatar Yuss 05:24 AM 06-20-2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by mboojigga View Post
-----------snip-----------

◾Double-tap to Snap: You've been able to switch between main and snapped apps with a quick double-tap of the Xbox button, but now you can pull up the Snap Center using the same press if you don't already have an app snapped. Perfect for pulling up that new Achievement App!
-----------snip-----------

http://forums.xbox.com/xbox_early_ac...7/default.aspx
Correct me If I'm wrong, but I've been double-tapping the X button to switch between the snapped and main app for months. In fact I did it last night again, without the update. Are they adding something new?
emartins's Avatar emartins 07:00 AM 06-20-2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yuss View Post
Correct me If I'm wrong, but I've been double-tapping the X button to switch between the snapped and main app for months. In fact I did it last night again, without the update. Are they adding something new?
After this update, if you have nothing snapped and double hit the xbox button it will snap the Snap Center. Most likely a menu system of what you can add in the snapped screen. Its mostly for the people who don't want/can't use the voice features to bring snapped apps up.
bd2003's Avatar bd2003 07:11 AM 06-20-2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arutha_conDoin View Post
I was thinking this game needs Cross-platform play when I was playing the Alpha. With it being on all 4 platforms it would be nice to own one copy and play with everyone and not just a portion of people.

Yeah, there's no way I'm buying multiple copies of a game.

I don't see how this is sustainable....until they sort this out, every MP focused game is going to underperform.
dbburns's Avatar dbburns 12:53 PM 06-20-2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by mboojigga View Post
...◾Double-tap to Snap: You've been able to switch between main and snapped apps with a quick double-tap of the Xbox button, but now you can pull up the Snap Center using the same press if you don't already have an app snapped. Perfect for pulling up that new Achievement App!...
Thank you for this information. I was wondering how the hell to switch between apps. I'm sure there must be a voice command, but I've tried "Xbox Swap" and "Xbox Switch" and probably a few other commands in between some choice curse words when I've wanted to change the snapped app to the big window. Can't wait to give this a try tonight.
totalownership's Avatar totalownership 01:30 PM 06-20-2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by dbburns View Post
Thank you for this information. I was wondering how the hell to switch between apps. I'm sure there must be a voice command, but I've tried "Xbox Swap" and "Xbox Switch" and probably a few other commands in between some choice curse words when I've wanted to change the snapped app to the big window. Can't wait to give this a try tonight.
"Xbox Switch" will do the trick. So will the double tap xbox button.
Remember just say "Xbox Switch" not "Xbox switch TV" or any other such phrases.
dbburns's Avatar dbburns 01:38 PM 06-20-2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by totalownership View Post
"Xbox Switch" will do the trick. So will the double tap xbox button.
Remember just say "Xbox Switch" not "Xbox switch TV" or any other such phrases.
Hmmmmm...for some reason, I don't think "Xbox, Switch" works for me, but I'll give that a go tonight as well.
Soycrema's Avatar Soycrema 02:02 PM 06-20-2014
Is LIVE down for Xbox One? I can't seem to be able to connect, however it is working just fine for the 360.
aaronwt's Avatar aaronwt 02:15 PM 06-20-2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by aaronwt View Post
Thanks!!

I found a video of the new one.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SdSpPUb4FUI

For only $5 I think I will pick this up. Or will that be a mistake and this will end up being a Games with Gold title in a few months?
I purchased Sixty Second Shooter Prime last night and had some fun with it. It reminds me of the Robotron type games with the dual joy sticks.
Although it is certainly a mouthfull to say for Kinect to start the game.
rs600cubed's Avatar rs600cubed 08:22 PM 06-22-2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by rightintel View Post
So is the new Borderlands sort of a lowest common denominator?
I don't see why they didn't make this cross-gen, I'd play it in a second.
tampabuc's Avatar tampabuc 10:05 PM 06-22-2014
Any love for the new surface pro 3 here?

Very surprizing since AVS is normally ahead of the game.

Picked one up on Saturday for next to nothing thanks to trade-in deals. Incredible piece of hardware.

All Android and Apple tablets are officially garbage now, going on a few years, this should be the last nail in the coffin. Fire sale those old worthless toys before its too late.

Anyone get TitanFall up and running on one yet?
Tags: Monoprice , Xbox One Console Day One Edition
First ... 532  533  534 535  536  ... Last

Up
Mobile  Desktop