Forum Jump: 
 250Likes

post #16171 of 17130 Old 07-02-2014, 11:40 AM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 35 Post(s)
Liked: 443
You can do it either by double clicking the Xbox button or saying Xbox Snap Achievements. Even when you get a notification after the update it now snaps instead of going to the achievement app.

The 5.0 is here
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #16172 of 17130 Old 07-02-2014, 12:15 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 63 Post(s)
Liked: 47
Quote:
Originally Posted by Soycrema View Post
ESPN app doesn't work in snap mode to watch live games it seems. If you want to watch the world cup games live in snap mode try the Univision Deportes app, they stream every single game live and snap works like a charm
Awesome, thanks! Wish I had gotten this info during the group stage when I was having trouble deciding between watching matches and trying to complete the FIFA challenges

What other sports does Univision Deportes stream? Mexican League soccer and the occasional MLS match I presume. Any other North American sports or Euro football?
post #16173 of 17130 Old 07-02-2014, 12:46 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 343 Post(s)
Liked: 461
Quote:
Originally Posted by JuiceRocket View Post
You can only do it via voice activation?

When I do that it states "Can't snap Achievements".

Guess I'll report my first bug.

-JR
Are you in a game when trying? Maybe you have to be in a game to snap it. I know I've done it but I was in the middle of a game

Hapi -"Lazy......cuz he's a boss like that"

mphfrom77 - "I'm an idiot."

benjamin-benjami - http://www.avsforum.com/t/1476721/battlefield-4/7200_100#post_24609271
post #16174 of 17130 Old 07-02-2014, 03:13 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 15 Post(s)
Liked: 31
Quote:
Originally Posted by aaronwt View Post
I've been snapping achievements for the past week. i just start a game and tell Kinect to snap achievemnets. And they show up on the right. Although I have not done it since I downloaded the new preview update yesterday evening.
I'd never done it before now - the only thing I've ever snapped are parties - so at least I know that the snap function works.

Quote:
Originally Posted by totalownership View Post
Yeah me too that's why I don't understand why it isn't working for him. I did it with the preview update also, infact it's one of the "quests" if I remember and it worked.
No clue why it's not working. It's not just Titanfall, I receive the same error message when I try it in other games. The quest ask is how I stumbled across it.

Oh well, time to submit a bug!

-JR
post #16175 of 17130 Old 07-02-2014, 07:55 PM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
These are the kind of refinements that I hope will continue to be supported.

I know it's their thing, but I would rather not have to do research and get a degree to understand every single function and have it make logical sense.
post #16176 of 17130 Old 07-03-2014, 02:54 AM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 11 Post(s)
Liked: 34
Quote:
Originally Posted by CoreyM View Post
Awesome, thanks! Wish I had gotten this info during the group stage when I was having trouble deciding between watching matches and trying to complete the FIFA challenges

What other sports does Univision Deportes stream? Mexican League soccer and the occasional MLS match I presume. Any other North American sports or Euro football?
You're right, mostly Mexican soccer, no other North American sports and just Euro highlights, no live games.
CoreyM likes this.
post #16177 of 17130 Old 07-04-2014, 01:49 PM
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 104 Post(s)
Liked: 128
Quote:
Originally Posted by scubasteve2365 View Post
This is a little absurd. The TV integration is not brilliant and could be tons better with the same hardware. The other consoles are not "lifeless". People are going to lean one way or the other but sounding like you work in the marketing department for either company is kind of sad. Btw, I own all of them too so I can say this as well.
Seriously? Come on man. When was the last time anyone with a X1, PS4, & WiiU, felt compelled to turn on a PS4 and for what reason in the last 6 months beyond really $hitty free games and ports? Looks like more of the same for the next 6+ months as well. The X1's are on constantly on in my home, Games, TV, Music, Video, Blu-ray, Apps, etc. Nothing is perfect and my list of improvements are too long too list here. My point is, once again, the other consoles aren't worth turning on regularly. Plus, they don't respond to voice commands and have no Cable/Live TV options so why bother?

Are you not a cable cutter, DD only, and PS4 guy anyway? Why do you care?

Last edited by tampabuc; 07-04-2014 at 02:08 PM.
post #16178 of 17130 Old 07-04-2014, 03:37 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 98 Post(s)
Liked: 247
Quote:
Originally Posted by tampabuc View Post
Seriously? Come on man. When was the last time anyone with a X1, PS4, & WiiU, felt compelled to turn on a PS4 and for what reason in the last 6 months beyond really $hitty free games and ports? Looks like more of the same for the next 6+ months as well. The X1's are on constantly on in my home, Games, TV, Music, Video, Blu-ray, Apps, etc. Nothing is perfect and my list of improvements are too long too list here. My point is, once again, the other consoles aren't worth turning on regularly. Plus, they don't respond to voice commands and have no Cable/Live TV options so why bother?

I own all three and I played my PS4 today. It's just a better gaming machine. I'm sorry you can't come to terms with that.

I'm already bored with TitanFall. Ghosts has longer legs, and it's the worst COD to date.
post #16179 of 17130 Old 07-04-2014, 05:35 PM
AVS Club Gold

Quoted: 751 Post(s)
Liked: 751
Quote:
I own all three and I played my PS4 today. It's just a better gaming machine. I'm sorry you can't come to terms with that.

I'm already bored with TitanFall. Ghosts has longer legs, and it's the worst COD to date.
I tried playing ghosts again one day. But since playing Titanfall, Ghosts doesn't cut it for me anymore. And I payed for the Ghost Season Pass. Although I am looking forward to the CoD Advanced Warfare this fall.
Arutha_conDoin likes this.

39TB unRAID1--53TB unRAID2--36TB unRAID3
LED DLP
XBL/PSN: WormholeXtreme

post #16180 of 17130 Old 07-04-2014, 06:35 PM
AVS Special Member

I still enjoy both. Also enjoy Injustice & 2048 on my Ipad.

The 5.0 is here
post #16181 of 17130 Old 07-05-2014, 08:40 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 98 Post(s)
Liked: 247
Quote:
Originally Posted by aaronwt View Post
I tried playing ghosts again one day. But since playing Titanfall, Ghosts doesn't cut it for me anymore. And I payed for the Ghost Season Pass. Although I am looking forward to the CoD Advanced Warfare this fall.
I'm skeptical of AW. I'm concerned that it's going to turn to futuristic-y. I've always preferred the more militaristic shooters. Counter strike, Socom, Medal of Honor, Battlefield (to a degree) and COD. No alien weapons. No long time-to-kill, no race to get to weapons on the field. No double jump. Halo, gears of war, quake arena type feeling games I haven't ever really enjoyed. TitanFall landed squarely in the middle, so I can play it with some enjoyment but it doesn't really hit home.

Advanced Warfare concerns me with the reveal. Is there going to be double or floaty jumping? Is there going to be shields you can shoot through like in Resistance?
centking and rightintel like this.
post #16182 of 17130 Old 07-05-2014, 10:58 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 57 Post(s)
Liked: 195
Quote:

Everyone's needs are different. No reason to try and force your own opinion on everyone else. Just because you don't see a reason to turn your PS4 on doesn't mean there isn't for many others. The same could be said of the One and the WiiU.
post #16183 of 17130 Old 07-05-2014, 12:38 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 9 Post(s)
Quoted: 163 Post(s)
Liked: 716
Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Brad View Post
Everyone's needs are different. No reason to try and force your own opinion on everyone else. Just because you don't see a reason to turn your PS4 on doesn't mean there isn't for many others. The same could be said of the One and the WiiU.
nope not true, tampabuc said it best, if there are not cable options and voice commands, then there is really no point to turning on a console. I look back throughout the years and think what a waste it was when i owned intellivision, NES, SNES, PS1, PS2, PS3, N64, Wii, xbox 360, i mean i can't even remember why i ever turned any of those consoles on since they didn't have cable TV or voice commands? i guess i was just dumb and ignorant back in the day to invest in such wasteful consoles..
slyderulz and Artman22 like this.
post #16184 of 17130 Old 07-05-2014, 08:32 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 53 Post(s)
Liked: 43
Quote:
I'm skeptical of AW. I'm concerned that it's going to turn to futuristic-y. I've always preferred the more militaristic shooters. Counter strike, Socom, Medal of Honor, Battlefield (to a degree) and COD. No alien weapons. No long time-to-kill, no race to get to weapons on the field. No double jump. Halo, gears of war, quake arena type feeling games I haven't ever really enjoyed. TitanFall landed squarely in the middle, so I can play it with some enjoyment but it doesn't really hit home.

Advanced Warfare concerns me with the reveal. Is there going to be double or floaty jumping? Is there going to be shields you can shoot through like in Resistance?
100% agreement on that. Just stick w/ more of the modern weapons, don't go all Halo/Titanfall on us. The game is already essentially sound(on the fundamentals at least).

Xbox Live: General PATT0N
post #16185 of 17130 Old 07-05-2014, 09:52 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 26 Post(s)
Liked: 265
Quote:

Obviously that's debatable. They are both lacking in the "come back and play over and over" games dept. Heck I play my Vita more than either atm. I got bored with Infamous and Sunset Overdrive is a few months away so it's portable time for me it seems.
post #16186 of 17130 Old 07-05-2014, 10:26 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 116 Post(s)
Liked: 185
I'm back to more PC gaming with Summer going on since most everyone is out and about doing things. No one seems to be home sit down and play most nights so if I don't see anyone playing something on the Xbox One I'll head into the Den and play the PC and start tackling some of the games I bought on the Summer sale or daresay the previous winter sale. My PS4 is more for the SP player games since a bulk of my friends will do the MP on Xbox One.

With the release of Mario Kart 8 my Wii U got the bulk of console loving the last month or so. All I can say is it is going to be fun this fall with games on everything coming out for all the systems.

Xbox Live: DaBeavers
PSN- Arutha_conDoin
Steam- An0mander
"Too much knowledge never makes for simple decisions."
-Ghanima Atreides
post #16187 of 17130 Old 07-06-2014, 12:28 AM

Quoted: 34 Post(s)
Liked: 54
Quote:

No offense, but isn't the main purpose of a console to game? It's nice to have features, but to say other consoles aren't worth turning on because of TV is bad.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
benjamin-benjami likes this.

PSN: Artman22
Xbox live: Artman22
post #16188 of 17130 Old 07-06-2014, 05:57 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 100 Post(s)
Liked: 127
I still own and use my original NES because it has games that are fun to play any year. I did not keep any of my other systems...including the ones that had non-gaming features.

Gaming is why I buy a console.
post #16189 of 17130 Old 07-06-2014, 08:00 AM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Trying to save up for one in the near future hopefully. Still have a 360 and a few games to finish on it, BF4 on next-gen looks too good to pass up on.
post #16190 of 17130 Old 07-06-2014, 04:44 PM

Liked: 32
I maybe the most non-observant person in the world, but has the July update happened already? I have the xbox logo on the upper right corner while watching tv, sporadically providing tips. Anyone else have this?
post #16191 of 17130 Old 07-06-2014, 06:08 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by todd_us View Post
I maybe the most non-observant person in the world, but has the July update happened already? I have the xbox logo on the upper right corner while watching tv, sporadically providing tips. Anyone else have this?

It has been there since the launch of the system.

The 5.0 is here
post #16192 of 17130 Old 07-07-2014, 04:01 AM

Liked: 32
Quote:
Originally Posted by mboojigga View Post
It has been there since the launch of the system.
Only on the home screen, not while in an app like tv. However, it would seem it was a glitch as it is no longer there.
post #16193 of 17130 Old 07-07-2014, 07:18 AM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 9 Post(s)
Quoted: 163 Post(s)
Liked: 716
http://www.ign.com/articles/2014/07/...2-costs-for-pc

Microsoft has announced Kinect 2 for PC costs £159 / $199.

The device is available now for pre-order on the Microsoft Store, ahead of release on July 15.

Though Kinect's primary use on Xbox One was arguably gaming, the device's launch on PC will target applications more heavily. It also ships without software, which is licensed separately.

It's also worth noting that this is not the device that will work with the new Kinect-less Xbox One; we still don't know how much you'll pay for one of those.
post #16194 of 17130 Old 07-07-2014, 06:06 PM

Quoted: 15 Post(s)
Liked: 14
There a ~300MB update downloading now. I wonder if this is the 'final' July update? I'm in the preview program which is why I'm surprised by this update.
Any ideas?

---
edit..

Major Nelson has a post saying that the July update is being pushed out. This must be it.

Last edited by Yuss; 07-07-2014 at 06:10 PM. Reason: update
post #16195 of 17130 Old 07-07-2014, 08:34 PM

To me the July update didn't add much. Hopefully the August update adds some better features.

centking likes this.

post #16196 of 17130 Old 07-08-2014, 02:15 AM

The Official Xbox One thread...

I'll say this though, The Xbox app is 100 times better than the ps4 app on IOS. You can tell the difference in quality. The ps4 app looks and feels cheap.

slyderulz and emartins like this.

Last edited by Artman22; 07-08-2014 at 02:16 AM. Reason: correction
post #16197 of 17130 Old 07-08-2014, 09:05 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 84 Post(s)
Liked: 396
Battleborn from Gearbox Software coming to the Xbox One.

http://www.gameinformer.com/b/news/a...814351318.aspx

Arutha_conDoin likes this.

Last edited by spid; 07-08-2014 at 09:28 AM.
post #16198 of 17130 Old 07-08-2014, 09:44 AM
AVS Club Gold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yuss View Post
There a ~300MB update downloading now. I wonder if this is the 'final' July update? I'm in the preview program which is why I'm surprised by this update.
Any ideas?

---
edit..

Major Nelson has a post saying that the July update is being pushed out. This must be it.
Maybe it will be the unicorn update to correct the surround audio issues? At this point there is really no excuse for it not being fixed. I can't seriously use the HDMI input or apps with my XBOnes when the surround audio is coming out of the wrong speakers.

Well with stereo content I can. As long as I manually switch the output to 2.0. Which is another thing they need to fix. It should automatically switch between 2.0, 5.1, and 7.1 output as needed based on what the source content is. But even the PS4 only has this working with a few things.

LED DLP

Last edited by aaronwt; 07-08-2014 at 09:47 AM.
post #16199 of 17130 Old 07-08-2014, 02:39 PM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 3 Post(s)
I have a Day One Controller, a play and charge kit and a 2nd Controller that came with the play and charge both have been updated with the latest firmware. I've looked around for an answer on this but what I noticed is the battery life in the Day one controller lasts only about 5 to 4 hours on a full charge (didn't notice any issues with regular disposable batteries) so I tried that same rechargeable in the 2nd controller and it works fine; I should also mention that I took the battery from the 2nd controller and placed it in the Day One controller and same result short battery life. I think I've pretty much determined its something with the rechargeables and the Day One Controller but I wanted to see if anyone else has had this issue?
post #16200 of 17130 Old 07-08-2014, 04:31 PM
AVS Club Gold

My Day One controller last as long as my other three controllers. They all get several times those hours with the NyKo batteries that came with the XBOne chargers I got.

LED DLP

Reply Xbox Area

Tags
Monoprice , Xbox One Console Day One Edition

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page