post #16201 of 16214 Old 07-08-2014, 07:59 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 25 Post(s)
Liked: 148
Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveCaron View Post
I have a Day One Controller, a play and charge kit and a 2nd Controller that came with the play and charge both have been updated with the latest firmware. I've looked around for an answer on this but what I noticed is the battery life in the Day one controller lasts only about 5 to 4 hours on a full charge (didn't notice any issues with regular disposable batteries) so I tried that same rechargeable in the 2nd controller and it works fine; I should also mention that I took the battery from the 2nd controller and placed it in the Day One controller and same result short battery life. I think I've pretty much determined its something with the rechargeables and the Day One Controller but I wanted to see if anyone else has had this issue?
No problems with my Day One controller on battery life with rechargable batteries. Though I did have an issue after a firmware update where the left stick was stuck going up after the update. I gave it until the next firmware update and that did not correct the problem. Contacted MS and sent the Day one controller back and got a new replacement Day one controller back.

Xbox Live: DaBeavers
PSN- Arutha_conDoin
Steam- An0mander
"Too much knowledge never makes for simple decisions."
-Ghanima Atreides
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #16202 of 16214 Old 07-08-2014, 08:43 PM
AVS Addicted Member

Quoted: 112 Post(s)
Liked: 461
I get reasonable battery life from my Day One controller using Eneloop rechargeables.

Mike Scott (XBL: MikeHellion, PSN: MarcHellion)

"Think of the cable company as a group of terrorist (sic)." -- hookbill
post #16203 of 16214 Old 07-09-2014, 10:56 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 5 Post(s)
Liked: 32
Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveCaron View Post
I have a Day One Controller, a play and charge kit and a 2nd Controller that came with the play and charge both have been updated with the latest firmware. I've looked around for an answer on this but what I noticed is the battery life in the Day one controller lasts only about 5 to 4 hours on a full charge (didn't notice any issues with regular disposable batteries) so I tried that same rechargeable in the 2nd controller and it works fine; I should also mention that I took the battery from the 2nd controller and placed it in the Day One controller and same result short battery life. I think I've pretty much determined its something with the rechargeables and the Day One Controller but I wanted to see if anyone else has had this issue?
I'll find out soon. I'd been using standard AAs since I got the console but decided to finally spring for the play and charge kit. The current AAs are about to die, so I should finally get to the rechargeable by this weekend. I'll report back if I have a problem in my Day One controller.

Xbox/PS/WiiU gamertag: GoNats
Apple Game Center: iGoNats

post #16204 of 16214 Old 07-09-2014, 01:25 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 31 Post(s)
Liked: 74
Quote:
Originally Posted by michaeltscott View Post
I get reasonable battery life from my Day One controller using Eneloop rechargeables.
Ditto. Eneloop>play-and-charge kit
post #16205 of 16214 Old 07-09-2014, 02:27 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 10 Post(s)
Liked: 129
I don't know, the sheer convenience of charging the controller just by plugging in USB instead of having to swap out batteries is a pretty big plus there. I use Eneloops for other things, but am very happy with the play and charge kit for the One.

XBL/Steam: JHoff80
post #16206 of 16214 Old 07-09-2014, 05:13 PM
AVS Club Gold

Quoted: 204 Post(s)
Liked: 578
Quote:
Originally Posted by jhoff80 View Post
I don't know, the sheer convenience of charging the controller just by plugging in USB instead of having to swap out batteries is a pretty big plus there. I use Eneloops for other things, but am very happy with the play and charge kit for the One.
I got a couple of the Nyko charging stations. You put the batter in once, then you just place it on the charging station and never need to remove the battery. Since you can't quickly remove the batteries like you could with the 360 controller I decided to try the Nyko charging station and am glad I did. I picked up a second one for my second XBOne since it worked so well.(that was also cheaper than just buying two more batteries directly from Nyko.
Arutha_conDoin likes this.

39TB unRAID1--53TB unRAID2--36TB unRAID3
LED DLP
XBL/PSN: WormholeXtreme

post #16207 of 16214 Old 07-09-2014, 05:20 PM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by Artman22 View Post
Makes a lot of sense. On projectors jaggies are more noticeable making the image look worse. On plasmas the image looks better than projectors to me. What doesn't make sense is why are we still seeing so many jaggies on Xbox one titles.
Anti-aliasing . It's a function of the video card and how the game was coded.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk
post #16208 of 16214 Old 07-09-2014, 05:21 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Liked: 34
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nickff View Post
Ditto. Eneloop>play-and-charge kit
Been using a 4 bay Duracell charger & batteries w/ my One, has performed well.

Xbox Live: General PATT0N
post #16209 of 16214 Old 07-09-2014, 05:43 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 11 Post(s)
Liked: 40
Quote:
Originally Posted by rightintel View Post
Been using a 4 bay Duracell charger & batteries w/ my One, has performed well.
Same...I can play for 4-5 nights at about 3-4 hour stretches on one set...swap 'em out and keep on going. (Or is that Energizer?)

"Once you learn good English...Can't nobody take it away!"

Xbox LIVE Gamertag: KEVIN G 40

post #16210 of 16214 Old 07-09-2014, 06:11 PM
AVS Addicted Member

Quoted: 112 Post(s)
Liked: 461
I don't find it to be that difficult to change the batteries in the Xbox One controller. Of course, I never play twitch multiplayer shooters where having a dead controller for a minute or two would be disastrous. .

Mike Scott (XBL: MikeHellion, PSN: MarcHellion)

"Think of the cable company as a group of terrorist (sic)." -- hookbill
post #16211 of 16214 Old 07-09-2014, 06:13 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 31 Post(s)
Liked: 74
Quote:
Originally Posted by jhoff80 View Post
Just takes a sec to swap to a second controller that already has fresh batteries in it.
Drrumma likes this.
post #16212 of 16214 Old 07-10-2014, 05:54 AM
AVS Club Gold

Quoted: 204 Post(s)
Liked: 578
Quote:
Originally Posted by michaeltscott View Post
I don't find it to be that difficult to change the batteries in the Xbox One controller. Of course, I never play twitch multiplayer shooters where having a dead controller for a minute or two would be disastrous. .
But it still takes many times longer than it did with the 360 controller rechargeable batteries. SInce the design was different with the XBOne controller I didn't want to go the route were I would need to have to remove the batteries every time.

I've been using my PS4 a lot lately with a rental of the Second Sun game and with the Destiny Alpha earlier. The PS4 controller doesn't come anywhere close to the battery life I get from the Nyko rechargeable batteries in my XBOne controllers. It's kind of a pain how often I need to switch PS4 controllers while the XBOne controller will last several times as long.

The XBOne controller battery life is certainly one thing that MS got right this generation. There is just no comparison between the two.

39TB unRAID1--53TB unRAID2--36TB unRAID3
LED DLP
XBL/PSN: WormholeXtreme

post #16213 of 16214 Old 07-11-2014, 05:31 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 21 Post(s)
Liked: 324
On the developer side the Xbox team has unlocked the ability to do trials for games similar to how they worked on 360.

Quote:
Microsoft has recently updated the console with the same game trial functionality found on Xbox 360 - where you can download an Xbox Live Arcade title as a free demo and then pay to unlock the full version without downloading the game again. It's not something any available games currently make use of, but future titles are free to.
http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/20...ock-game-demos

Last edited by spid; 07-11-2014 at 05:37 AM.
post #16214 of 16214 Old 07-11-2014, 05:56 AM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by spid View Post
On the developer side the Xbox team has unlocked the ability to do trials for games similar to how they worked on 360.
Wait, they didn't have that already built? No wonder we no longer get demos of "arcade" releases.
Reply Xbox Area

Tags
Monoprice , Xbox One Console Day One Edition

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page