post #16321 of 16323 Old Today, 04:25 AM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 11 Post(s)
Liked: 79
Quote:
Originally Posted by jhoff80 View Post
To be fair, even Major Nelson's original post said that 3D Blu-ray would require a Blu-ray player app update.
In some ways I think we understand that, but 1408 said that it was bringing 3D BD playback to the X1. Not, bringing 3D BD back at some point. I can wait a little bit, but am still disappointed.

Also appears that PS4 is getting 3D playback next week for the PS4. So MS dropped the ball on this imo.

Last edited by metalsaber; Today at 04:42 AM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #16322 of 16323 Old Today, 05:25 AM
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 8 Post(s)
Liked: 80
Quote:
Originally Posted by jhoff80 View Post
To be fair, even Major Nelson's original post said that 3D Blu-ray would require a Blu-ray player app update.
We all understand that the bluray player app would need to be updated, but why not as part of the core 1408 update? This 'app' model offers alot of flexibility in terms of adding functions to the box...but would anyone dispute that BR plaback is a core function of the Xbox since the BR drive is built in?

They can roll it out however they want but since both an OS and application update were required they should have been packaged IMO.

It's like deploying server code for a web service and telling your customer that a new function has been added to their mobile app without updating the app. Why even tell the customer until the app is updated? We'd get crucified in my business if we deployed code like that

Quote:
Originally Posted by metalsaber View Post
In some ways I think we understand that, but 1408 said that it was bringing 3D BD playback to the X1. Not, bringing 3D BD back at some point. I can wait a little bit, but am still disappointed.

Also appears that PS4 is getting 3D playback next week for the PS4. So MS dropped the ball on this imo.
MS dropped the ball in being first (at least so far)...but I think they forced Sony's hand in this case. I will hand it to MS, they are once again proving the benefits of a console provided by a software company over a hardware company (Sony) in terms of support with their frequent updates. It's really their competitive advantage since Sony has the obvious advantage in hardware this round.

XBOX LIVE ID: JeepR kReapR
PSN ID: JeepR_kReapR

Originally Posted by emartins

Instead of the usual 2 minutes, give her 5 minutes of nothing but that Jeep ecstasy. She will be exhausted and fall right to sleep. You are now free to play.

Thats what I do.

post #16323 of 16323 Old Today, 05:30 AM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 11 Post(s)
Liked: 79
^^

Yup I agree it's nice to them pushing one another.
Reply Xbox Area

Tags
Monoprice , Xbox One Console Day One Edition

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page