post #16351 of 16351 Old Yesterday, 03:30 PM
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 16 Post(s)
Liked: 80
Quote:
Originally Posted by aaronwt View Post
I still don't get the issue with 3D with the game console? I would think anyone that really wanted to watch a 3D BD would have picked up a 3D BD player? They had the Sony S5100 3D BD player going for under $80 earlier this year. Which is an excellent player. I would have thought the game console would be a secondary player?

Since this is now the opposite of what it was like in 2006. When the PS3, at $500, cost half as much as a stand alone BD player(which were around $1k). But now you can buy excellent BD players with 3D for much, much less than the cost of a game console.
I think this has been mentioned several times before, but in my case it comes down to rackspace. The 3D HDTV currently has 4 hdmi devices hooked up to it. An X1, PS4, Apple TV & cable box. I've held on to the ps3 as a 3d Br player but have held out in purchasing a standalone player in the hopes that at least one of the new BR consoles would have 3D support eventually. There haven't been many new 3D releases that the kid just had to watch in the interim so I just asked her to be patient and we 'd get 3D eventually without having to hook up the PS3 or buy a standalone player. Just my particular circumstance.

Last edited by slyderulz; Yesterday at 03:54 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply Xbox Area

Tags
Monoprice , Xbox One Console Day One Edition

User Tag List