post #16351 of 16357 Old 07-24-2014, 03:30 PM
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 17 Post(s)
Liked: 80
Quote:
Originally Posted by aaronwt View Post
I still don't get the issue with 3D with the game console? I would think anyone that really wanted to watch a 3D BD would have picked up a 3D BD player? They had the Sony S5100 3D BD player going for under $80 earlier this year. Which is an excellent player. I would have thought the game console would be a secondary player?

Since this is now the opposite of what it was like in 2006. When the PS3, at $500, cost half as much as a stand alone BD player(which were around $1k). But now you can buy excellent BD players with 3D for much, much less than the cost of a game console.
I think this has been mentioned several times before, but in my case it comes down to rackspace. The 3D HDTV currently has 4 hdmi devices hooked up to it. An X1, PS4, Apple TV & cable box. I've held on to the ps3 as a 3d Br player but have held out in purchasing a standalone player in the hopes that at least one of the new BR consoles would have 3D support eventually. There haven't been many new 3D releases that the kid just had to watch in the interim so I just asked her to be patient and we 'd get 3D eventually without having to hook up the PS3 or buy a standalone player. Just my particular circumstance.

Last edited by slyderulz; 07-24-2014 at 03:54 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #16352 of 16357 Old Yesterday, 08:16 AM
AVS Club Gold

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 296 Post(s)
Liked: 601
Quote:
Originally Posted by tsaville View Post
Maybe I'm in the minority here, but I actually do use the X1 as an "all in one" device. 90% of my home theater use goes through the X1 (TV, blu-ray, games, netflix, amazon, youtube, etc). The other 10% goes to the PS4 (rare since I have little to play on it) or the PS3 (3D blu ray). Adding in 3D support gives me little reason to use any other devices.
I can't consider doing that with my XBOnes because of the borked surround audio. With the apps and the HDMI input, the surround audio from 5.1, erroneously comes out of the rear surrounds in a 7.1 system when 5.1 or 7.1 output is selected. Which screws up the way things are supposed to sound.

39TB unRAID1--53TB unRAID2--36TB unRAID3
LED DLP
XBL/PSN: WormholeXtreme

post #16353 of 16357 Old Yesterday, 08:19 AM
AVS Club Gold

Quoted: 296 Post(s)
Liked: 601
Quote:
Originally Posted by slyderulz View Post
I think this has been mentioned several times before, but in my case it comes down to rackspace. The 3D HDTV currently has 4 hdmi devices hooked up to it. An X1, PS4, Apple TV & cable box. I've held on to the ps3 as a 3d Br player but have held out in purchasing a standalone player in the hopes that at least one of the new BR consoles would have 3D support eventually. There haven't been many new 3D releases that the kid just had to watch in the interim so I just asked her to be patient and we 'd get 3D eventually without having to hook up the PS3 or buy a standalone player. Just my particular circumstance.
I use several auto switching HDMi switches to deal with a lack of HDMI ports on my DVDO DUO video processor.

39TB unRAID1--53TB unRAID2--36TB unRAID3
LED DLP
XBL/PSN: WormholeXtreme

Last edited by aaronwt; Yesterday at 08:22 AM.
post #16354 of 16357 Old Yesterday, 08:37 AM
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 17 Post(s)
Liked: 80
Quote:
Originally Posted by aaronwt View Post
I use several auto switching HDMi switches to deal with a lack of HDMI ports on my DVDO DUO video processor.
Not ports Worm...rackspace & real estate. Wall mounted plasma and the shelfspace for components is crammed already. No sense in modifying the entertainment center since 3D support for 2 of the components that are already there is imminent. Just had to wait a while

I've got a few hdmi switches and splitters. One is taking the HDMI out from the cablebox and sending it to both the XBone and a separate HDMI input so the wife/kid dont have to bother with a controller or kinect to watch TV.

XBOX LIVE ID: JeepR kReapR
PSN ID: JeepR_kReapR

Originally Posted by emartins

Instead of the usual 2 minutes, give her 5 minutes of nothing but that Jeep ecstasy. She will be exhausted and fall right to sleep. You are now free to play.

Thats what I do.

Last edited by slyderulz; Yesterday at 08:43 AM.
post #16355 of 16357 Old Yesterday, 08:55 PM
AVS Addicted Member

Quoted: 169 Post(s)
Liked: 478
I just noticed that the Destiny beta is now open to all XBL Gold members, as of yesterday afternoon, originally only open to pre-orders. Not particularly excited about the game (seems like a strange, Halo-flavored RPG) but might as check it out for free .

Mike Scott (XBL: MikeHellion, PSN: MarcHellion)

"Think of the cable company as a group of terrorist (sic)." -- hookbill
post #16356 of 16357 Old Yesterday, 11:04 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 39 Post(s)
Liked: 152
I'll post this question here. Does anyone have any issues where the volume display for the Denon receivers quit showing up? I have my Xbox Once connected to my Denon 3808 and it used to show the volume display when I turned it up, now it only shows on the receiver. I can not figure out what I changed, or if I did something else. Any Denon people on here know what the setting is on the GUI?

Xbox Live: DaBeavers
PSN- Arutha_conDoin
Steam- An0mander
"Too much knowledge never makes for simple decisions."
-Ghanima Atreides
post #16357 of 16357 Old Yesterday, 11:18 PM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 364 Post(s)
Liked: 171
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arutha_conDoin View Post
I'll post this question here. Does anyone have any issues where the volume display for the Denon receivers quit showing up? I have my Xbox Once connected to my Denon 3808 and it used to show the volume display when I turned it up, now it only shows on the receiver. I can not figure out what I changed, or if I did something else. Any Denon people on here know what the setting is on the GUI?
Known issue with the 3808 I think. Turn your receiver all the way off (small power button) then back on and it should return unless you actually turned it off in the menu. If the power cycle doesn't work try turning everything off then unplugging the receiver completely for a few minutes

UN65F9000AFXZA + SEK2500U/ZA firmware version 1150.5
Denon AVR-2313ci, Denon AVR-S900w, Apple TV, Sony BDP-S6200
Cox Cisco 6 tuner Contour Box , PS4, Xbox One, HD Antenna
(2) Klipsch F-30s, (2) Klipsch F-20s, (2) Klipsch S-20s,
(2) Klipsch S-10s, (2) Klipsch B-20s, (1) Klipsch Sub-12HG
UN55HU8550, Ceton Echo, Apple TV, Sony BDP-S590, Motorola Cox Contour Receiver, PC
Reply Xbox Area

Tags
Monoprice , Xbox One Console Day One Edition

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page