The Official Xbox One thread... - Page 557 - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 
 273Likes

post #16681 of 17211 Old 08-13-2014, 04:37 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 12
Is there an easy way to reset forza 5 without having to clear the data? Several times it just goes through the opening sequence and no inputs can be made.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #16682 of 17211 Old 08-13-2014, 04:37 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 86 Post(s)
Liked: 400
Quote:
Originally Posted by michaeltscott View Post
What other game is "select"? Max: the Curse of Brotherhood is download only, not available on disc. It's mildly remarkable that it's available to purchase from Amazon at all, so it is kind of promising. It proves that they can sell codes to download games.
Dust: An Elysian Tail and State of Decay are both on sale. It is not like they didn't sell XBLA games before, but for whatever reason they stopped doing it years ago.
post #16683 of 17211 Old 08-13-2014, 05:02 PM
AVS Club Gold

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 763 Post(s)
Liked: 752
Quote:
Originally Posted by spid View Post
A sign of things to come? Amazon is selling select digital codes to Xbox games again.
I never knew they sold these for the XBOne. How long have they been doing this?

39TB unRAID1--53TB unRAID2--36TB unRAID3
LED DLP
XBL/PSN: WormholeXtreme

post #16684 of 17211 Old 08-13-2014, 06:16 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 53 Post(s)
Liked: 43
Has MS given a reason as to why they haven't offered digital pre-orders w/ the corresponding bonuses?

Xbox Live: General PATT0N
post #16685 of 17211 Old 08-13-2014, 06:54 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 36 Post(s)
Liked: 447
Quote:
Originally Posted by bd2003 View Post
I'm a little surprised that none of the bundles have kinect. Did they even mention it at all today? It's like they've completely disowned it.
Why? We already know it will be sold separately. They answered this when they announced the $399 without Kinect. They continue to provide updates for it so don't get the concern/drama about these special edition consoles that are coming out around the time they plan to release the Kinect separately. People complained about options they are getting what they asked for.

The 5.0 is here
post #16686 of 17211 Old 08-13-2014, 07:15 PM
AVS Addicted Member

Quoted: 742 Post(s)
Liked: 701
Quote:
Originally Posted by aaronwt View Post
I never knew they sold these for the XBOne. How long have they been doing this?

I can't see where they are selling them except for Max; the other two which have been pointed out are 360 games. But if they can sell Max that way then they should be able to sell any DD that way.

Mike Scott (XBL: MikeHellion, PSN: MarcHellion)

"Think of the cable company as a group of terrorist (sic)." -- hookbill
post #16687 of 17211 Old 08-13-2014, 07:18 PM
AVS Addicted Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by mboojigga View Post
Why? We already know it will be sold separately. They answered this when they announced the $399 without Kinect.

The issue is with their prior allegation that Kinect is integral to the Xbox One experience. The Kinect-less SKU is supposedly a special case exception, not the norm. Selling custom packages without Kinect belies their former attitude.

post #16688 of 17211 Old 08-13-2014, 07:27 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 117 Post(s)
Liked: 189
If you use Bing, Pinball FX2 is now in the store (despite in this case a store screen saying its release date is August 28).

Edit: Also from this link: https://store.xbox.com/en-US/Xbox-On...3-eccbeaa8355a

Main game is free (with Sorcerer's Lair table), rest of the tables cost.
tampabuc likes this.

XBL/Steam: JHoff80

Last edited by jhoff80; 08-13-2014 at 07:32 PM.
post #16689 of 17211 Old 08-13-2014, 08:01 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jhoff80 View Post
If you use Bing, Pinball FX2 is now in the store (despite in this case a store screen saying its release date is August 28).

Edit: Also from this link: https://store.xbox.com/en-US/Xbox-On...3-eccbeaa8355a

Main game is free (with Sorcerer's Lair table), rest of the tables cost.

Made it to 14 place on my first try on the Sorcerer's Lair. A pop up messages comes up telling you that you can transfer your tables.
tampabuc and Arutha_conDoin like this.

The 5.0 is here
post #16690 of 17211 Old 08-13-2014, 08:19 PM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 111 Post(s)
Liked: 135
Quote:
Nice find! Worked for me. Thanks

Edit: Things just keep getting better...there is a Guardians of the Galaxy table pending! It just won't let you download it yet.

Last edited by tampabuc; 08-13-2014 at 09:06 PM.
post #16691 of 17211 Old 08-13-2014, 11:45 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 118 Post(s)
Liked: 186
Quote:
Originally Posted by mboojigga View Post
Made it to 14 place on my first try on the Sorcerer's Lair. A pop up messages comes up telling you that you can transfer your tables.
Oh Hell Yes... BRB need to go download that!

Xbox Live: DaBeavers
PSN- Arutha_conDoin
Steam- An0mander
"Too much knowledge never makes for simple decisions."
-Ghanima Atreides
post #16692 of 17211 Old 08-14-2014, 12:16 AM
AVS Special Member

Hmmm it seems there are about 2 packs of Star Wars tables I have not bought yet! The Guardians of the Galaxy table is pretty fun. All my old tables are downloading now too which is good to see.

EDIT: MS Splosion Man table is not not on the Xbox One. Bummer since I can score a ton of points on that table.

PSN- Arutha_conDoin
Steam- An0mander
-Ghanima Atreides

Last edited by Arutha_conDoin; 08-14-2014 at 08:19 AM. Reason: adding
post #16693 of 17211 Old 08-14-2014, 05:57 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by rightintel View Post
Has MS given a reason as to why they haven't offered digital pre-orders w/ the corresponding bonuses?
I would assume it would go back to what Phil Spencer said that is up to the publishers to OK that.

Edit here is what he said in an interview.

The other big announcement involved pre-ordering and pre-downloading of digital games on Xbox One. In terms of games, is that a system wide policy, or will titles offer the feature on a case by case basis?

You have to remember that the publishers own their content on our platform. We go out and talk to our partners about what we're building and what features are available, but they get to decide what they want to use on our platform - and this is a feature on our platform.
It's easier for me to say with something like Forza, because we own that game and I can make the decision that that's going to offer the feature. Obviously we talked to EA about having FIFA in the program and we'll talk to all of our partners about how they want to structure the launch of their games.
It's a feature of a platform that everybody can take advantage of and I'll definitely be a big proponent of it because I think it's nice for the digital ecosystem.

What's your stance from a first-party point of view then? Will all Microsoft games support pre-download?
That's a good question. I want to see how gamers use the feature and if they're happy with it. It's kind of why we announced it. I wont call it a 'trial', but we announced a couple of new games and I want to get feedback, just like anything on our platform.
So before I say, 'yes, everything is going to work this way', I'd like to do one before I do two, if that makes sense. But in general, I'd say it's a very good idea.

http://www.computerandvideogames.com...igital-future/

He talks about other things as well including what into the decisions of the bundles they announced.

Last edited by spid; 08-14-2014 at 06:00 AM.
post #16694 of 17211 Old 08-14-2014, 05:57 AM
AVS Special Member

Just got an update to the Xbox Preview Dashboard app. Quick view I think the Feature Request is finally available which just takes you to the website.

The 5.0 is here
post #16695 of 17211 Old 08-14-2014, 06:27 AM
AVS Club Gold

No idea why you need feedback for pre-downloading. It only makes sense. If someone pre-orders I can't see anyone complaining about being able to pre-download. The only issue I see is that most people buy discs. But add a few incentives and more people might start buying digitally. Which you would think is what MS and game makers would prefer.
Arutha_conDoin likes this.

LED DLP

post #16696 of 17211 Old 08-14-2014, 10:41 AM
AVS Special Member

Geometry Wars 3 "will introduce full 3D action and competitive online multiplayer for the first time in the franchise".

That sounds pretty terrible to me, but hey, maybe I'll be surprised. By first glance though, I'd have rather had a direct port of GW2 instead of this.

post #16697 of 17211 Old 08-14-2014, 04:29 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 53 Post(s)
Liked: 43
Quote:
No idea why you need feedback for pre-downloading. It only makes sense. If someone pre-orders I can't see anyone complaining about being able to pre-download. The only issue I see is that most people buy discs. But add a few incentives and more people might start buying digitally. Which you would think is what MS and game makers would prefer.
No kidding, right? What's to discuss? For people want to go all digital, it's a no-brainer. I dunno, maybe it's not a large enough percentage to make it worth doing.

Xbox Live: General PATT0N
post #16698 of 17211 Old 08-14-2014, 04:37 PM
AVS Addicted Member

Quote:
No idea why you need feedback for pre-downloading. It only makes sense.

If you can be charged at the moment of pre-downloading it's good for the distributor as well.

post #16699 of 17211 Old 08-14-2014, 05:55 PM
AVS Club Gold

Quote:
If you can be charged at the moment of pre-downloading it's good for the distributor as well.
You are already charged when you place your pre-order. And they like to make a point of saying digital sales are final.

LED DLP

post #16700 of 17211 Old 08-14-2014, 06:19 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Geometry Wars 3 "will introduce full 3D action and competitive online multiplayer for the first time in the franchise".

That sounds pretty terrible to me, but hey, maybe I'll be surprised. By first glance though, I'd have rather had a direct port of GW2 instead of this.
I'm totally in for this one. I like the concept of it and I believe it will be a blast. With it in 3D it now provides an avenue of escape whereas with GW2 you had defined limits which could block you in. 2 Player Co Op would be something to see as well!

PSN- Arutha_conDoin
Steam- An0mander
-Ghanima Atreides
post #16701 of 17211 Old 08-14-2014, 06:23 PM
AVS Club Gold

When is GW3 supposed to be released?

LED DLP

post #16702 of 17211 Old 08-14-2014, 06:25 PM
AVS Addicted Member

Quote:
You are already charged when you place your pre-order.

Well that kind of sucks. If you pre-order a disc from most e-tailers you're not charged until it ships.

post #16703 of 17211 Old 08-14-2014, 06:38 PM
AVS Club Gold

Quote:
Well that kind of sucks. If you pre-order a disc from most e-tailers you're not charged until it ships.
It's the same on the PS4. Digital pre-orders are charged right away.

LED DLP

post #16704 of 17211 Old 08-14-2014, 06:38 PM
AVS Special Member

September preview should be rolling out today.

Parties – The Party App has been re-organized, so you can now see what activities everyone in your party is doing and tell more clearly who is playing in the same game with you. You can also more quickly perform common actions like muting, joining, or sending game invites. Also, Parties now have a Party Leader. This person can change whether the party requires invitations, and she/he can remove others from the party.

New Friends Section – The new Friends section has been available for a few early access preview members and we’re expanding it to additional participants enrolled in the preview program. The new Friends section enables you to see at a glance what’s going on with your friends. You can stay up-to-date with your current activities, the most popular games your friends are playing, and a Gamerscore leaderboard to see who has improved their Gamerscore the most over the last 30 days. We’ll continue to roll this feature out to all participants in the coming updates.

Media Player – A new app will be available soon that enables you to play media files from either an attached USB device or from a network connected home media server that supports DLNA protocols. The preview version of the Media Player app will initially only support USB devices, with DLNA support coming soon. Xbox One will support more formats than Xbox 360, including support for dozens of new file formats like mpeg 2 TS, animated gifs and mkv which will be added by the end of the year. See below for additional file formats.

Xbox One Digital TV Tuner – Announced last week, this new hardware accessory will enter a limited preview program in Europe (UK, France, Germany, Italy, and Spain), in advance of its retail launch beginning in October.

Stream TV to SmartGlass – Launching first in markets receiving the Xbox One Digital TV Tuner, you will be able to stream your TV across your home network to your smartphones and tablets using the Xbox SmartGlass app. You can also pause, play and rewind as well as change channels, without interrupting gameplay on Xbox One.

Boot to TV – Now you will be able to set your console to boot directly to television when coming out of connected standby.

Live TV Miniguide – For markets where OneGuide is available, a new mini guide on the bottom of the screen will display details about the TV content that is currently playing. You can quickly change channels and see what’s on other channels, while still watching TV.

SmartGlass Updates – You can now post status messages from the Activity Feed as well as add comments and share items from both your Activity Feed and from Game Clips. Along with the new comment and share features, a personalized Activity Feed has been added to your profile. Messages have been updated to a new layout supporting a full conversation view. Additionally, we are adding the ability to record game clips directly from the Now Playing bar. Finally, if you upgrade the app directly we have introduced a What’s New page highlighting the features of each release.

“Xbox On” in New Markets – Adding support for additional markets to use the “Xbox On” Kinect voice command to power on consoles: Australia, Canada (French), Italy, Spain, Mexico, and Brazil – a top used feature.

Country Expansion – We’re doing a lot of work on the backend to prepare for Xbox One to launch in 29 new markets in the coming weeks.

Multiple GameDVR Deletes – You will be able to choose multiple GameDVR clips to delete at once in the Upload app.

Save your Avatar Gamerpic – A new option is now available to save Avatar GamerPics to your OneDrive.

Settings Updates – New options help you manage your controllers and accessories. Also, Instant Sign-In is being moved to Settings, to the Sign-in, security & Passkey area.

Bandwidth Usage Display – Located in Network Settings under the Troubleshooting column, Bandwidth Usage will show you how much bandwidth your Xbox One is consuming over a period of time. This is useful if you want to track against bandwidth caps set by ISPs in certain markets.

http://news.xbox.com/2014/08/xbox-on...tember-preview
Yuss likes this.

The 5.0 is here
post #16705 of 17211 Old 08-14-2014, 06:59 PM
AVS Special Member

Media Player Video

Yuss likes this.
post #16706 of 17211 Old 08-14-2014, 07:49 PM
AVS Special Member

Pretty big update at 2GB. Getting it now myself though.

Edit: Just finished. FYI, I needed to plug in a USB drive with media on it to get the notification that a drive was detected in order to get media player to install. I didn't see it in the store any other way.

Also, your USB drive for game storage will not be able to do double duty with movies on it.

As for codec support, as mentioned in the blog post, MKV will still come later. But it did work great with the MP4 I have from Louis CK's site.
Yuss likes this.

Last edited by jhoff80; 08-14-2014 at 08:33 PM.
post #16707 of 17211 Old 08-14-2014, 08:01 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
When is GW3 supposed to be released?
Should be out for the holiday. As for the post mentioning it being more open with the 3D levels, I'm not so sure that's a plus. Part of what made GW2 so interesting was actually its enclosed simplicity and fighting to prevent from boxing yourself in a corner. I'm trying to be open-minded about it as I'll probably buy it anyway, but I'm prepared to be disappointed.
aaronwt likes this.

post #16708 of 17211 Old 08-15-2014, 06:25 AM
AVS Club Gold

Quote:
Originally Posted by spid View Post
Is the media player going to have borked surround audio like the HDMI input and the apps? This is getting ridiculous. My XBOnes downloaded the most recent update last night and they still can't get the surround audio coming out of the surround channels like they should be. Well at least not from apps and the HDMI input. They can get it right for the games and BD playback. I have no idea why they can't figure it out for the other stuff. I would like to use my XBOne for more things. But I can't because it sounds like crap with the audio erroneously coming out of the back surround channels.

LED DLP

post #16709 of 17211 Old 08-15-2014, 07:39 AM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 40 Post(s)
Liked: 235
They're rolling out these updates at a rapid pace. It's surprising to me that the X1 isn't selling better than it is. They've addressed nearly every one of my complaints at this point.

I've had the new Friends interface for weeks, so I guess I'm one of the lucky few who got it early.
post #16710 of 17211 Old 08-15-2014, 07:44 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by tsaville View Post
They're rolling out these updates at a rapid pace. It's surprising to me that the X1 isn't selling better than it is. They've addressed nearly every one of my complaints at this point.

I've had the new Friends interface for weeks, so I guess I'm one of the lucky few who got it early.
Like you and I we got the 1408 update with the friends app other preview members are getting the 1409 update. Eventually all preview members will have all the features in both updates. When these updates are released to the general public, they will still have to wait for the friends app which will be released at a later date while preview members will continue to have access.

The 5.0 is here
Reply Xbox Area

Tags
Monoprice , Xbox One Console Day One Edition

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page