post #17161 of 17189 Old 10-21-2014, 09:18 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 40 Post(s)
Liked: 532
Quote:
Originally Posted by tampabuc View Post
That's good to hear man but are you saying that the game is technically one day late? Standard/free shipping on the game I assume? I think they have way more time to put the bundles together and ship earlier so you should be OK there - the most important part.

I pre-ordered Sunset Overdrive recently to save $15 on Halo MCC. I don't think I could wait one extra day for either game.

Regarding Fantasia, yeah, great reviews. Impressive. Please let us know.
I'm sold and it's Harmonix so why waste time, even at full price.
I didn't read the product page for Fantasia closely. It doesn't say arrives on release day like the other titles. But the Sunset console does say arrives on release date.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #17162 of 17189 Old 10-21-2014, 09:28 PM
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 109 Post(s)
Liked: 135
Cool, that makes sense. Come to think of it, I don't remember seeing Fantasia at Best Buy today. Physical copies may have simply been delayed.

Enjoy the new console!

Last edited by tampabuc; 10-21-2014 at 09:36 PM.
post #17163 of 17189 Old 10-21-2014, 09:53 PM
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by JJSTIN View Post
A lot of great games coming out next month.
Halo pack, GTA 5, Advanced Warfare, WWE 2K15...shewww.

How is Evil Within, anyone played it yet?
Haven't tried Evil Within or Alien Isolation... maybe some good pick-ups during a dry spell next year?

Yep, the game overload is already crazy. Don't forget these...

Sunset Overdrive
Far Cry 4
Dragon Age
Assassin's Creed
Super Smash Bros. even

Good times!
post #17164 of 17189 Old 10-21-2014, 10:06 PM
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by mbyrnes View Post
Is there anyway into the beta for updates now? I know you used to be able to invite people but not sure if that is still possible.
I've been trying to send invites to friends or family for months now, the feature is still there, but MS is not sending them on. Sorry.
post #17165 of 17189 Old 10-21-2014, 11:56 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 73 Post(s)
Liked: 165
No problem Buc. Thanks for the update
post #17166 of 17189 Old Yesterday, 05:21 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 58 Post(s)
Liked: 94
Got the preview update. So is backgrounds limited to Achievement Art? If so, that is kind of lame. Also seemed like a PITA to set a background.
post #17167 of 17189 Old Yesterday, 07:27 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 116 Post(s)
Liked: 188
Quote:
Originally Posted by metalsaber View Post
Got the preview update. So is backgrounds limited to Achievement Art? If so, that is kind of lame. Also seemed like a PITA to set a background.
They say that a future update to the Media Player app will enable photos to be chosen from that as well.

XBL/Steam: JHoff80
post #17168 of 17189 Old Yesterday, 07:45 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 116 Post(s)
Liked: 188
Apparently there's a new free game "Voice Commander" available.

It's been put out as part of Microsoft's "Garage" internal initiative, so it's probably pretty simplistic, but still:

Quote:
Game description:Voice Commander, a Microsoft Garage project, is a fast paced, space themed, RTS and top-down shooter combo. Pick up a controller and work with Vox using voice commands to try to stop relentless attacks. Voice Commander can be played with up to eight controllers, and anyone in the room can issue voice commands. Microsoft Garage turns fresh ideas into real projects. Learn more at microsoft.com/garage
tampabuc likes this.

XBL/Steam: JHoff80
post #17169 of 17189 Old Yesterday, 09:22 AM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 68 Post(s)
Liked: 24
My son has an Xbox 360 and I am planning on getting him the Xbox One this Christmas but at the same time he has mentioned the PS4. Which console would be the better one and which one has a faster processor? I told him to maybe go for PS4 since we have never owned any PS before.
post #17170 of 17189 Old Yesterday, 11:59 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 17 Post(s)
Liked: 25
Quote:
Originally Posted by asere View Post
My son has an Xbox 360 and I am planning on getting him the Xbox One this Christmas but at the same time he has mentioned the PS4. Which console would be the better one and which one has a faster processor? I told him to maybe go for PS4 since we have never owned any PS before.
Currently the PS4 outperforms the Xbox ONE. I still say get the system that has the GAMES you want to play. I enjoy my XBOX ONE and Microsoft says their new DirectX api will improve performance.
post #17171 of 17189 Old Yesterday, 01:05 PM
AVS Addicted Member

Quoted: 319 Post(s)
Liked: 1429
Quote:
Originally Posted by asere View Post

Between the two consoles its a toss up right now. Xbox is miles ahead on media and anything non-game related, the games look decent, but the library is smaller than the PS4's due to a lack of indie game support. The PS4 is a little more powerful, so if the two versions are going to look different, the ps4 one will look a little better. About half the time they're exactly the same.

If your primary concern is processing speed and graphics though, you should be looking at gaming PCs instead. If I didn't have a gaming PC or cared about graphics, I'd prob buy an Xbox.

Steam/PSN/Xbox Live: Darius510
post #17172 of 17189 Old Yesterday, 03:25 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 106 Post(s)
Liked: 201
does anyone ever experience a temporary slowdown in motion when watch BD movies at 1080/24p? Also, occasional very brief cutouts in audio or a static click or pop noise (very short length)?
post #17173 of 17189 Old Yesterday, 04:32 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 7 Post(s)
Liked: 16
Quote:
Originally Posted by bd2003 View Post
Between the two consoles its a toss up right now. Xbox is miles ahead on media and anything non-game related, the games look decent, but the library is smaller than the PS4's due to a lack of indie game support. The PS4 is a little more powerful, so if the two versions are going to look different, the ps4 one will look a little better. About half the time they're exactly the same.

If your primary concern is processing speed and graphics though, you should be looking at gaming PCs instead. If I didn't have a gaming PC or cared about graphics, I'd prob buy an Xbox.

Yep. PC's are where it's at for graphics- not consoles. I plan on picking up an Xbox One, but I'm so addicted to World of Tanks right now that I'm not interested in anything else.

"War is an ugly thing, but not the ugliest of things. The decayed and degraded state of moral and patriotic feeling that thinks that nothing is worth war is much worse. The person who has nothing for which he is willing to fight, nothing which is more important than his own personal safety, is a...
post #17174 of 17189 Old Yesterday, 06:47 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 40 Post(s)
Liked: 532
Fantasia comes with 3 QR codes for 3 songs... OMG, I love "Xbox, Use a Code". It's so fast. As soon as you raise the card, it takes the picture and bam, it's in your account. However, I personally think you should stay at the "use a code" screen rather than sending you back to the home screen. I know most of the time, people are usually only entering 1 code so it makes sense to put you back at the home screen. But in my case, I had 3 codes so I had to say "Xbox, use a code" 3 times to do all 3 codes.
post #17175 of 17189 Old Yesterday, 09:34 PM

Quoted: 18 Post(s)
Liked: 0
Beat the main story line on Destiny today. Also, all the Strike missions.
post #17176 of 17189 Old Yesterday, 10:48 PM
AVS Addicted Member

Quoted: 732 Post(s)
Liked: 696
Quote:
Originally Posted by JJSTIN View Post
Beat the main story line on Destiny today. Also, all the Strike missions.

See the thread "Destiny: Bungie's next Franchise".

Mike Scott (XBL: MikeHellion, PSN: MarcHellion)

"Think of the cable company as a group of terrorist (sic)." -- hookbill
post #17177 of 17189 Old Today, 04:07 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 86 Post(s)
Liked: 396
Quote:
Originally Posted by jhoff80 View Post
Apparently there's a new free game "Voice Commander" available.

It's been put out as part of Microsoft's "Garage" internal initiative, so it's probably pretty simplistic, but still:

If anyone was curious this what Voice Commander looks like in motion.

post #17178 of 17189 Old Today, 04:09 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 352 Post(s)
Liked: 467
Quote:
Originally Posted by metalsaber View Post
Create your own background.

http://majornelson.com/2014/10/22/he...inkId=10156485

Hapi -"Lazy......cuz he's a boss like that"

mphfrom77 - "I'm an idiot."

benjamin-benjami - http://www.avsforum.com/t/1476721/battlefield-4/7200_100#post_24609271
post #17179 of 17189 Old Today, 07:14 AM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 16 Post(s)
Liked: 48
Played some of the demo for Fantasia yesterday, and I must say I'm pleasantly surprised and had fun with it. It's also getting good reviews across the board.
post #17180 of 17189 Old Today, 07:25 AM

Quoted: 18 Post(s)
Liked: 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by michaeltscott View Post
Thanks, didn't see it.
I like how you can finally do your backgrounds now, BIG thing that was missing like on the 360s.
post #17181 of 17189 Old Today, 08:29 AM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 25 Post(s)
Liked: 65
They added Plants vs. Zombies Garden Warfare to the EA hub. May be old new but I just saw it today. Downloading now.

Big Trouble in Little China - greatest film ever made

Gamertag: Team Banzai
post #17182 of 17189 Old Today, 12:51 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 30 Post(s)
Liked: 103
Quick question. Me and my buddy think another buddy of ours is pulling a fast one on us about his apparently broken XB1.

Has anyone ever heard of MS giving a voucher to go to a store to swap out a defective console for a new one? I was under the impression that no matter what it would have to sent in but our buddy (who is known to be less than truthful) keeps telling us he was given a voucher and just needs to find time to go somewhere to get his replacement.

I searched the web and did not see anything but wanted to check with you guys.

Last edited by Smigro; Today at 01:12 PM.
post #17183 of 17189 Old Today, 01:12 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 101 Post(s)
Liked: 248
Quote:
Originally Posted by Smigro View Post
Quick question. Me and my buddy think another buddy of ours is pulling a fast one on us about his apparently broken XB1.

Has anyone ever heard of MS giving a voucher to go to a store to swap out a defective console for a new one? I was under the impression that no matter what it would have to sent in but our buddy (who is known to be less than truthful) keeps telling us he was given a voucher and just needs to find time to go somewhere to get his replacement.
I'm not sure what is worse, your buddy feeling the need to lie about a broken videogame console or you feeling the need to research and seek out whether or not he's telling the truth.

What makes this a "fast-one" he's trying to pull? Why? What motive?

Maybe he's finally getting laid and doesn't want you guys ragging on him for not spending 7 hours on his Xbox every night.

"The Scuba Tank" thread here
PSN/XBL : ScubaSteve2365
post #17184 of 17189 Old Today, 01:20 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 30 Post(s)
Liked: 103
Quote:
Originally Posted by scubasteve2365 View Post
I'm not sure what is worse, your buddy feeling the need to lie about a broken videogame console or you feeling the need to research and seek out whether or not he's telling the truth.

What makes this a "fast-one" he's trying to pull? Why? What motive?

Maybe he's finally getting laid and doesn't want you guys ragging on him for not spending 7 hours on his Xbox every night.
I am not really sure why that matters...I am just looking for a simple answer.

If you must know though it's the fact that the he owes me and other people money and I think he sold this off to pay a debt (not mine ) and since the console is not in his possession anymore and when he was asked about it and he gave us some BS story about this voucher and how he just hasn't had time to go pick it up yet.

Since he is known to be a liar I am just trying to see if this is legitimate or if he is just pulling his **** again and making it seem like he is more special than anyone else. I guess I am getting sick of the lies and I am seeing if this is another one of them.

This is the same guy who claims he can return opened new releases to Game Stop for full credit because he knows the guys good since he is in there all the time and they hook him up (this I think is a complete lie).
post #17185 of 17189 Old Today, 01:30 PM

Quoted: 43 Post(s)
Liked: 37
Quote:
Originally Posted by tampabuc View Post
Haven't tried Evil Within or Alien Isolation... maybe some good pick-ups during a dry spell next year?

Yep, the game overload is already crazy. Don't forget these...

Sunset Overdrive
Far Cry 4
Dragon Age
Assassin's Creed
Super Smash Bros. even

Good times!
Yep, wait all year for the games, then they all drop in the same 3 months! I've got Evil Within and barely started playing it and haven't even opened Alien Isolation yet! Horizon2 is demanding play time is well, but I had to finish Dragon Age 2 before Inquisition hits!

Must Have list:

GTAV
Asscreed
Far Cry 4
Dragon Age Inquisition
The Crew
Call of Duty - Advanced Warfare (I know, the series is tired but I have to play it!)
Ori and the Blind Forest

Not expecting Sunset OD to be my type of game but we'll see..

Luckily (or unluckily?) Project Cars got delayed until March 2015. So that frees up a slot.

Yup, I'll be broke. Don't even know when I'm going to find time to play all these. Wifey won't be happier either.

Sony HW40es Projector / 114" screen
Sony 70" W830B LED TV
PS4 GT: Ringo619
Xbox One GT: JonnyRingo619
post #17186 of 17189 Old Today, 01:34 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 7 Post(s)
Liked: 12
Quote:

If you must know though it's the fact that the he owes me and other people money and I think he sold this off to pay a debt (not mine ) and since the console is not in his possession anymore and when he was asked about it and he gave us some BS story about this voucher and how he just hasn't had time to go pick it up yet.

Since he is known to be a liar I am just trying to see if this is legitimate or if he is just pulling his **** again and making it seem like he is more special than anyone else. I guess I am getting sick of the lies and I am seeing if this is another one of them.

This is the same guy who claims he can return opened new releases to Game Stop for full credit because he knows the guys good since he is in there all the time and they hook him up (this I think is a complete lie).
Thank god I don't call anyone like this 'friend' sheesh.

Jer

'Build a man a fire and he stays warm for one night. Set a man afire and he stays warm for the rest of his life.'
post #17187 of 17189 Old Today, 01:48 PM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 25 Post(s)
Liked: 65
I would assume if MS is going to replace the system they would mail him one directly. I know when my old 360s went RROD MS replaced them by sending me refurbed or replaced units right to the house. MS doesn't want you going back to the retailer and neither does the retailer. Only exception would be if he bought one of those replacement plans that the brick and mortar places push on you.

Big Trouble in Little China - greatest film ever made

Gamertag: Team Banzai
post #17188 of 17189 Old Today, 02:04 PM

Quoted: 43 Post(s)
Liked: 37
Anyone else having GPU issues? More specifically, red lines appearing on the dashboard screen (and sometimes during games)? It all started after the August/September update. I contacted MS support and after running thru various tests and power cycles, they had me restore system defaults which fixed the problem but erased everything on my console. I had to reinstall everything. Now 2 months later, the red lines are coming back! Arrgghhh. My console is a "Day One" Xbox One so I have about a month left of warranty to have them fix or replace. I've been told by a couple people it could be related to the GPU going defective? FWIW, my X1 is on it's own shelf with plenty of ventilation and air flow, so shouldn't be an overheating issue.

Anyone else heard of this "red line" issue? Thoughts or advice? Thanks in advance.

Sony HW40es Projector / 114" screen
Sony 70" W830B LED TV
PS4 GT: Ringo619
Xbox One GT: JonnyRingo619
post #17189 of 17189 Old Today, 02:48 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 101 Post(s)
Liked: 248
Quote:

I admit I didn't see all that drama coming, I honestly tried to envision what possible scenario any of my friends would have to make them lie to me about a broken video game console. Getting a new girlfriend was all that could come to mind. It's that way because long ago I learned to leave people like your "friend" out of my life. I grew up poor and in a shady family full of people like you describe. Once you shed that weight you no longer think in terms of such assumption or suspicisions. Consider your money lost and move on. Not that you asked my opinion though.

I think you got your answer on the console.
Reply Xbox Area

Tags
Monoprice , Xbox One Console Day One Edition

User Tag List