post #17191 of 17211 Old 10-23-2014, 08:39 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 118 Post(s)
Liked: 186
Quote:
Originally Posted by onlysublime View Post
I wish the One had the transparent tiles option like Windows Phone. Right now, so little of the background is shown because of the tiles.

I know you lose branding (game art) with clear tiles but it looks so cool when you scroll clear tiles (especially when you have a mix of transparent and opaque tiles because it's as if you're peeking or exposing the background as you scroll) and it shows so much more wallpaper:
Make a feature suggestion on the Windows Preview App (though I think it easier online since we can use a keyboard) and see what happens!

Xbox Live: DaBeavers
PSN- Arutha_conDoin
Steam- An0mander
"Too much knowledge never makes for simple decisions."
-Ghanima Atreides
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #17192 of 17211 Old 10-23-2014, 08:44 PM
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 111 Post(s)
Liked: 135
Its more fun to make you own but these are some good backgrounds to start with...
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	FTQBi2Z.jpg
Views:	47
Size:	166.1 KB
ID:	327890   Click image for larger version

Name:	3NnYP19.jpg
Views:	46
Size:	862.7 KB
ID:	327898   Click image for larger version

Name:	9ffUtNr.jpg
Views:	36
Size:	445.1 KB
ID:	327906   Click image for larger version

Name:	I1QX97h.jpg
Views:	34
Size:	254.1 KB
ID:	327914   Click image for larger version

Name:	rTsakPT.jpg
Views:	41
Size:	390.8 KB
ID:	327922  

post #17193 of 17211 Old 10-23-2014, 08:52 PM
Advanced Member

Sounds like a lot of people were having trouble getting pictures thru the Media Player Preview application. To fix the problem, completely uninstall the old one then install the new Media Player.
post #17194 of 17211 Old 10-23-2014, 09:06 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 42 Post(s)
Liked: 535
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arutha_conDoin View Post
Make a feature suggestion on the Windows Preview App (though I think it easier online since we can use a keyboard) and see what happens!
what is this Windows Preview app?
post #17195 of 17211 Old 10-23-2014, 09:14 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 46 Post(s)
Liked: 52
Quote:
Originally Posted by tampabuc View Post
Its more fun to make you own but these are some good backgrounds to start with...
Tampabuc...those are pretty cool. (Especially the Avengers one.) Are they stock photos from somewhere?

"Once you learn good English...Can't nobody take it away!"

Xbox LIVE Gamertag: KEVIN G 40

post #17196 of 17211 Old 10-23-2014, 09:21 PM
Advanced Member

Not sure, I pulled them from threads about how to make templates, reading up on file types/sizes, etc., mainly from Reditt.

Some good gaming wallpapers here...
http://www.desktopnexus.com/tag/xbox-one/

I like this one:
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	1752202-thumbnail.jpg
Views:	23
Size:	14.6 KB
ID:	328018  

Last edited by tampabuc; Yesterday at 04:35 AM.
post #17197 of 17211 Old 10-23-2014, 09:23 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 10 Post(s)
Liked: 12
Quote:
Originally Posted by Smigro View Post
Tell me about it. It's actually something just came out a couple months and I was trying to be nice and see if he would stop. Well the lies ain't stopping so he's cut off.
I wasn't talking about him. Dude is obviously having troubles and people he calls 'friend' are talking about him like that behind his back? Wow. It's sad.

Jer

'Build a man a fire and he stays warm for one night. Set a man afire and he stays warm for the rest of his life.'
post #17198 of 17211 Old Yesterday, 12:18 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 118 Post(s)
Liked: 186
Quote:
Originally Posted by onlysublime View Post
what is this Windows Preview app?
Sorry I meant the Dashboard Preview app. I'm assuming you are in the beta release pool for updates for the X1. I thought you were at one time.

Xbox Live: DaBeavers
PSN- Arutha_conDoin
Steam- An0mander
"Too much knowledge never makes for simple decisions."
-Ghanima Atreides
post #17199 of 17211 Old Yesterday, 05:27 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 33 Post(s)
Liked: 103
Quote:
Originally Posted by jeremyhelling View Post
I wasn't talking about him. Dude is obviously having troubles and people he calls 'friend' are talking about him like that behind his back? Wow. It's sad.
Like you know the whole story. I just found out from his brother that dude is basically a pathological liar and this has been going on since he was a kid...so tell me you would be friends with someone that you found out has being lying to you about almost everything for the 10 years you knew him. lol

Don't go throwing things out there like you know what the hell is going on making it out like I'm the dick.

I got my answer now back on topic.
post #17200 of 17211 Old Yesterday, 05:29 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by tampabuc View Post
That Marvel one is dope as hell!!
post #17201 of 17211 Old Yesterday, 08:28 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 10 Post(s)
Liked: 12
Quote:
Like you know the whole story. I just found out from his brother that dude is basically a pathological liar and this has been going on since he was a kid...so tell me you would be friends with someone that you found out has being lying to you about almost everything for the 10 years you knew him. lol

Don't go throwing things out there like you know what the hell is going on making it out like I'm the dick.

I got my answer now back on topic.
No, I don't know the whole story. I know what you posted here and already feel like I know WAY too much and that's on you.

For starters, I'm not a moron so if I was friends with a pathological liar for 10 years I would know & wouldn't need someone to tell me. My guess is if you've been friends for 10 years you're greatly exaggerating the severity of his lies and how they affect you and your friendship otherwise it wouldn't have been a 10 year relationship. If you're really friends you would stand by him and help him out if he's got issues and not talk **** behind his back on an A/V forum in an Xbox One thread. Sounds like he'd be better off w/o you in his life anyway if that's the type of friend you are.

Maybe you shouldn't air your dirty laundry on an Xbox One thread and then people wouldn't judge you for it. That's not something a 10 year friend does. Ask about the warranty exchange thing and leave it at that otherwise you open yourself to criticism for being a poor friend. I didn't do that, you did. Moving forward I would appreciate you to keep your childish spats between you and your friend to yourself. None of us care to hear the details.

Now back on topic.

Jer

'Build a man a fire and he stays warm for one night. Set a man afire and he stays warm for the rest of his life.'
post #17202 of 17211 Old Yesterday, 09:06 AM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 25 Post(s)
Liked: 66
Since the latest preview update I've had major lock up issues. Three times yesterday the entire system just froze. I could use the controller to shut off and restart the system but that was it. I hope it's just a preview bug and not my system dying.
post #17203 of 17211 Old Yesterday, 09:47 AM

Quoted: 8 Post(s)
Liked: 43
I don't see the purpose of background wallpaper feature. As soon as you open an app or game it's gone. Do people actually stare at their home screen instead of using the console? What gives?
post #17204 of 17211 Old Yesterday, 09:54 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeremyhelling View Post
No, I don't know the whole story. I know what you posted here and already feel like I know WAY too much and that's on you.

For starters, I'm not a moron so if I was friends with a pathological liar for 10 years I would know & wouldn't need someone to tell me. My guess is if you've been friends for 10 years you're greatly exaggerating the severity of his lies and how they affect you and your friendship otherwise it wouldn't have been a 10 year relationship. If you're really friends you would stand by him and help him out if he's got issues and not talk **** behind his back on an A/V forum in an Xbox One thread. Sounds like he'd be better off w/o you in his life anyway if that's the type of friend you are.

Maybe you shouldn't air your dirty laundry on an Xbox One thread and then people wouldn't judge you for it. That's not something a 10 year friend does. Ask about the warranty exchange thing and leave it at that otherwise you open yourself to criticism for being a poor friend. I didn't do that, you did. Moving forward I would appreciate you to keep your childish spats between you and your friend to yourself. None of us care to hear the details.

Now back on topic.
I see where you are coming from and respect that, I guess I didn't have to go into so much detail but I got carried away I guess. Not that it matters but one things needs to be clear...this person is no longer a friend of mine which is why I was asking about this.

Sorry for the off topic discussion guys.

As for the background images, I welcome them. I do not sit there staring at my screen, but seeing a nice image doesn't hurt.
post #17205 of 17211 Old Yesterday, 10:36 AM
AVS Club Gold

Quoted: 767 Post(s)
Liked: 758
Quote:
Originally Posted by BDUB619 View Post
Anyone else having GPU issues? More specifically, red lines appearing on the dashboard screen (and sometimes during games)? It all started after the August/September update. I contacted MS support and after running thru various tests and power cycles, they had me restore system defaults which fixed the problem but erased everything on my console. I had to reinstall everything. Now 2 months later, the red lines are coming back! Arrgghhh. My console is a "Day One" Xbox One so I have about a month left of warranty to have them fix or replace. I've been told by a couple people it could be related to the GPU going defective? FWIW, my X1 is on it's own shelf with plenty of ventilation and air flow, so shouldn't be an overheating issue.

Anyone else heard of this "red line" issue? Thoughts or advice? Thanks in advance.
Can you still get the extended warranty from MS? If so it might be a good idea to get it. I got the MS extended warranty on both of my XBOnes, just in case. Plus it covers a couple of controllers and Kinect.

39TB unRAID1--53TB unRAID2--36TB unRAID3
LED DLP
XBL/PSN: WormholeXtreme

Last edited by aaronwt; Yesterday at 10:39 AM.
post #17206 of 17211 Old Yesterday, 10:42 AM
AVS Club Gold

Quoted: 767 Post(s)
Liked: 758
Quote:
I see where you are coming from and respect that, I guess I didn't have to go into so much detail but I got carried away I guess. Not that it matters but one things needs to be clear...this person is no longer a friend of mine which is why I was asking about this.

Sorry for the off topic discussion guys.

As for the background images, I welcome them. I do not sit there staring at my screen, but seeing a nice image doesn't hurt.
I think the same thing with cover art for a BD. But some people like to get the editions with a metal sleeve or something. While personally the case could be blank with just the name for me. Of course it is always nice to have options, so the people that want to change the background can take avantage of it.

I did change my background to one of the FH2 backgrounds. But I might never mess with it again. On my 360 I still have the theme from Halo 4 as a background. I only mess with those things once in a blue moon. If not longer.

39TB unRAID1--53TB unRAID2--36TB unRAID3
LED DLP
XBL/PSN: WormholeXtreme

post #17207 of 17211 Old Yesterday, 10:48 AM

Quoted: 44 Post(s)
Liked: 40
Quote:
Originally Posted by aaronwt View Post
Can you still get the extended warranty from MS? If so it might be a good idea to get it. I got the MS extended warranty on both of my XBOnes, just in case. Plus it covers a couple of controllers and Kinect.
Thanks for the heads-up. Not sure if I can still get the extended warranty or not but definitely something I will look in to. Last thing I need is to have my X1 crap out a month after the warranty expires.

Sony HW40es Projector / 114" screen
Sony 70" W830B LED TV
PS4 GT: Ringo619
Xbox One GT: JonnyRingo619
post #17208 of 17211 Old Yesterday, 11:57 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 50 Post(s)
Liked: 178
Well a month from now it'll be a year in with this console. I have to say I REALLY enjoy this thing. Pretty much everything I've wished or fantasized about what I wanted the 360 and previous gens to do this thing does. The snap TV while means nothing to some is a huge game changer for me. Broadcast is great when you're in a party and a couple guys are just waiting to play others in the party. Gameclips is a HUGE plus to rub a win in a friends face especially when they have selective memory about past events. lol. For instance:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_PsBppxcQb4

I was pretty worried that the TV feature might be a one off for this generation and may not make it into the console the next one from now but from my friendslist activity and reading around forums it gets a lot of burn so it feels like a safe bet to make it back into whatever comes after Xbox One. It's sad that so many made "resolution-gate" the driving force about this gen when all along for me and should have been for others, FUN is what it's all about. Xbox One has pulled me away some from my PC which graphically destroys both the PS4 and Xbox One. I can without a doubt say that the PS4 would never had been able to do that. Kinect is still the thing that needs to be nurtured more. While for me I can't see Xbox-ing without it I still feel there's more that can be done with it. Just need the right dev with the right idea to bring some games to the table with it. When Activision was Activision back in the day I know they could have made that thing shine.
onlysublime, mboojigga and highd3f like this.

AT HAMMOND ROBOTICS WE'RE BRINGING THE FUTURE ... HOME

Last edited by totalownership; Yesterday at 12:04 PM.
post #17209 of 17211 Old Yesterday, 07:56 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 42 Post(s)
Liked: 535
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arutha_conDoin View Post
Sorry I meant the Dashboard Preview app. I'm assuming you are in the beta release pool for updates for the X1. I thought you were at one time.
yep, still in the program.

submitted the suggestion (at http://xbox.uservoice.com/)! vote it up!
Arutha_conDoin likes this.
Reply Xbox Area

Tags
Monoprice , Xbox One Console Day One Edition

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page