Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 58 Post(s)
Liked: 183
Quote:
Originally Posted by michaeltscott View Post
Excellent. How did you do it?
Quote:
Originally Posted by metalsaber View Post
I feel so stupid now, but I need to try that.
And so you should!!! Just kidding , LOL

Real easy guys, just go to the show you want to pin. Go right where you're about to select an episode (you can pretty much select any episode, you just want an episode in the season/series that you want pinned) and instead of pressing A to play just press start and you'll bring up the menu to pin.

Quote:
Originally Posted by metalsaber View Post
you can blame the devs for that. The Netflix app for example was very nice with the "metro" look and started quick along with great voice control. This latest version is a complete turd. Takes forever to startup and voice navigation is not as great.
Yes, totally agree. A nice example of how to go make a good (at least decent) thing go backwards. It feels like a port from something else. Just curios to how the Netflix app is on the PS4. Got a sneaky suspicion it's just like it is now on the One.

EDIT: The Netflix pin is not as good as the Amazon pin. Netflix pin will start the episode but you'll have to stop the show and then navigate to the series/seasons. You'll be IN the series/season "area" but I think Amazon does it better. So with Netflix you won't have to go searching around as if you just started Netflix but you'll have to press a couple of "B" and "A"s to get where you want to be.

AT HAMMOND ROBOTICS WE'RE BRINGING THE FUTURE ... HOME

Last edited by totalownership; Yesterday at 01:23 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #17312 of 17322 Old Yesterday, 01:22 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 9 Post(s)
Liked: 20
Quote:
Originally Posted by josay View Post
Anyone needing and EVOLVE Alpha code. Here you go, as I won't be able to play this weekend. CODE for Xbox One:
R3Q49-CT3DV-M7WC2-Y63FF-DXRGZ
Thanks!

"We've tried nothing and we're all out of ideas." - Agnes Mona Flanders
post #17313 of 17322 Old Yesterday, 01:31 PM
AVS Addicted Member

Quoted: 796 Post(s)
Liked: 708
Quote:
Originally Posted by bd2003 View Post
What about if you've already run the apps since you last booted? Doesn't it keep a bunch of apps resident in memory?

If you use the Instant-On power mode it will preserve the state of one app (Netflix, Amazon, etc) and one game (Ryse, Assassin's Creed, etc) when you power down and after you restart the system it will instantly start them to where you left off when you select them. (If you haven't already done it, powering off the system will pause the current app or game). This doesn't always work, but it usually does. I believe that it's a behavior that you have to select in the power settings.

If you power down to Power-Saver standby (which uses an outstandingly low .5W) nothing is preserved. That 15W for Instant-On is more power than my TiVo draws when recording from all 4 tuners. Of course, I leave the TiVo on all of the time as well.

Mike Scott (XBL: MikeHellion, PSN: MarcHellion)

"Think of the cable company as a group of terrorist (sic)." -- hookbill
post #17314 of 17322 Old Yesterday, 01:58 PM
AVS Addicted Member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 345 Post(s)
Liked: 1430
I can understand one game, but seriously, ONE app?!? I thought this thing dedicated 3GB to the OS.

Steam/PSN/Xbox Live: Darius510
post #17315 of 17322 Old Yesterday, 02:12 PM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 45 Post(s)
Liked: 27
BD you thinking of picking up a Xbox One? I'm a long time catching up but weren't you firmly in the PS4 camp months ago? I could be remembering it wrong ....
post #17316 of 17322 Old Yesterday, 02:47 PM
AVS Addicted Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by s1njin View Post
BD you thinking of picking up a Xbox One? I'm a long time catching up but weren't you firmly in the PS4 camp months ago? I could be remembering it wrong ....

Yeah, I am.

I was in the PS4 camp in like early 2013, and by launch I had pretty much entirely reverted back to PC gaming and that changed my perspective on everything entirely. The PS4 has been nothing but a disappointment to me. Either their resting on the laurels or the software engineers are straight up incompetent, because almost a year later they've not even come close to making good on a lot of really basic stuff they promised before launch. The more powerful hardware and bigger library of indie games on the ps4 is meaningless to me because my PC absolutely stomps all over the PS4 in those ways. So really the only reason I kept it around is exclusives, and since all those have been disappointing so far, I'm prob just gonna pawn it off, it does nothing but collect dust. At least the controller has been useful.

I'm not really interested in the Xbox for gaming, I'd much rather build an HTPC. But until they make windows more usable with a remote the Xbox one is prob the next best thing. I prob won't even bother with XBL gold. Next year will probably be huge in terms of windows/Xbox integration though, so I at least see some sort of future for the platform even if I think the Xbox one hardware itself kind of sucks. The new microsoft has become so militantly open and cross platform in the past year that I think they're going to make great things as long as they don't take their eye off the ball again. But the ps4 is a dead end and I'm pretty much done with it at this point.

post #17317 of 17322 Old Yesterday, 03:24 PM
AVS Club Gold

Quoted: 794 Post(s)
Liked: 772
kevin g. likes this.

39TB unRAID1--53TB unRAID2--36TB unRAID3
LED DLP
XBL/PSN: WormholeXtreme

post #17318 of 17322 Old Yesterday, 03:42 PM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 45 Post(s)
Liked: 27
I would agree with you that PC Gaming is excellent, but only if you have a dedicated place to set up that type of equipment and only if you're okay/realistic w/ PC gaming being more expensive than console gaming.

For me, the current gen consoles get me close enough. I had no expectations at all whatsoever for what either could do for me. I just wanted to fire it up, kick back in my recliner, and game with my friends. So for all the XBO and PS4 shortcomings, they still play the games I care about well enough. And the consoles themselves cost about the same as a mid-range graphics card. All and all I'm okay with it.

But - if you have the space and the $$ and the tech support know-how PC Gaming can't be beat.

Back on topic - I was considering a XBO b/c of the price drop forthcoming. However, I just don't see enough exclusives that I care about to make me want to drop the dollars into it. The Halo collection will be nice, but its just not enough for me to invest in another console. There are other exclusives but they don't matter so much to me.

If there was a bonafide system mover at this point, I'd buy it.
post #17319 of 17322 Old Yesterday, 04:02 PM
AVS Addicted Member

To get consoles to do what my PC does would be far more expensive - I have one PC in my office that's also connected to my living room plasma and my basement theater PJ. I'd have to buy three Xbox ones and it still wouldn't come close to replicating the experience. I can play on any of the three setups fairly effortlessly, but I'm not even going to pretend that it'd be intuitive for a non-techie like my wife. I think she could handle an Xbox though, and as much as I hate the idea of buying a box where you can't even change the HDD, at effectively $299 now it's priced about what it's worth. I still think it's the lesser of two evils but I'd at least I'd get some use out of it.

The crazy thing is I got like $100 in PSN gift cards last xmas, and I literally can't find a thing worth spending it on. I'm basically forfeiting it by switching because there's no way to cash it out.

post #17320 of 17322 Old Yesterday, 04:41 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 375 Post(s)
Liked: 476
Quote:
Originally Posted by bd2003 View Post

The crazy thing is I got like $100 in PSN gift cards last xmas, and I literally can't find a thing worth spending it on. I'm basically forfeiting it by switching because there's no way to cash it out.

You can always sell them to me at a discount.

Hapi -"Lazy......cuz he's a boss like that"

mphfrom77 - "I'm an idiot."

benjamin-benjami - http://www.avsforum.com/t/1476721/battlefield-4/7200_100#post_24609271
post #17321 of 17322 Old Yesterday, 04:48 PM
AVS Addicted Member

The Official Xbox One thread...

Quote:
Originally Posted by emartins View Post
You can always sell them to me at a discount.

Believe me, I would if I could, but I already redeemed them back when it first came out. Now it's irrevocably funny money PSN bucks in my PSN wallet. I don't even think I can buy PSN content as a gift and resell it in a roundabout way. Another example of why I hate these proprietary platforms.

post #17322 of 17322 Old Today, 10:08 AM
AVS Addicted Member

When you buy one of the bundles does the game come preinstalled or is there just a code card that you could theoretically resell?

Reply Xbox Area

Tags
Monoprice , Xbox One Console Day One Edition

User Tag List