Forum Jump: 
 377Likes

post #17521 of 17543 Old 11-14-2014, 02:14 AM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 82 Post(s)
Liked: 568
there's a lot of titles not even listed by michaelscott... Just Dance 2015. D4. NBA 2K15. Madden 15. Forza Horizon 2. Alien: Isolation. Dragon Age: Inquisition. Dying Light. The Witcher 3. Nevermind. Blue Estate. Crabitron. FRU. Fruit Ninja Kinect 2. Voice Commander.

You said there were no Kinect games. Now you're changing your argument to no upcoming Kinect games...

again, for triple-A titles, slim pickings... but some upcoming Kinect-heavy games...

Shape-Up is an exercise/online multiplayer game...

Rabbids Invasion

Blue Estate

A bunch of indie games coming out:

There Came an Echo

Boom Ball

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=syRSnNZTxaE

Voice Commander

Crabitron

Fruit Ninja 2

There's more... I'm just tired of typing this post.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #17522 of 17543 Old 11-14-2014, 05:18 AM
AVS Addicted Member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 408 Post(s)
Liked: 1449
The Official Xbox One thread...

Quote:
Originally Posted by onlysublime View Post
there's a lot of titles not even listed by michaelscott... Just Dance 2015. D4. NBA 2K15. Madden 15. Forza Horizon 2. Alien: Isolation. Dragon Age: Inquisition. Dying Light. The Witcher 3. Nevermind. Blue Estate. Crabitron. FRU. Fruit Ninja Kinect 2. Voice Commander.

You said there were no Kinect games. Now you're changing your argument to no upcoming Kinect games...

again, for triple-A titles, slim pickings... but some upcoming Kinect-heavy games...

Shape-Up is an exercise/online multiplayer game...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Alq0KGTMnao

Rabbids Invasion

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NWpu7FKqvy4

Blue Estate

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qa6lNEdCqkU

A bunch of indie games coming out:

There Came an Echo

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gDyc_Cfk_h4

Boom Ball

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=syRSnNZTxaE

Voice Commander

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TQe8J5xmxNk

Crabitron

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ThJdBjW0e04

Fruit Ninja 2

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZQJeC4Il46M
There's more... I'm just tired of typing this post.

It's what I meant all along, I'm not trying to argue or prove anything. I honestly haven't even heard of any of those games. Are any of the MS published? I'm just saying to me it seems like they're not putting the same focus on it like they used to, to the point where someone like me who's not closely following it isn't hearing about it. Reminds me of what happened with Sony and 3D.

Steam/PSN/Xbox Live: Darius510

Last edited by bd2003; 11-14-2014 at 05:59 AM.
post #17523 of 17543 Old 11-14-2014, 05:35 AM
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked: 231
I'm happy I have the Kinect. I was watching my buddy play some Halo MCC on his XBO (without a Kinect) and something extremely funny happened, getting the Xbox Record That function to work without the Kinect was just cumbersome as hell. Granted Halo has the match/mission playback thing for like everything, but not all games do, and I love being able to just quickly call it out instead of having to go through a series of button presses.

That alone makes it worth it to me, whether the games have any direct use or not.
Arutha_conDoin and Artman22 like this.

Marafice Eye <--- All gamertags listed there - Twitch TV Channel YouTube Channel
__________________________________________________ _
Plan9Reloaded Co-host
Listen to the Plan9Reloaded Gaming and Technology Podcast
https://soundcloud.com/plan9reloaded/sets/podcast - direct pod link
http://plan9reloaded.com/site/ - main website
post #17524 of 17543 Old 11-14-2014, 06:46 AM
AVS Club Gold

Quoted: 900 Post(s)
Liked: 808
Quote:
Originally Posted by bd2003 View Post
It's what I meant all along, I'm not trying to argue or prove anything. I honestly haven't even heard of any of those games. Are any of the MS published? I'm just saying to me it seems like they're not putting the same focus on it like they used to, to the point where someone like me who's not closely following it isn't hearing about it. Reminds me of what happened with Sony and 3D.
Of course they aren't putting the same focus on Kinect. They fragmented the market by releasing the XBOne without Kinect. And now that most bundles are Kinectless, the percentage of systems with Kinect will only get lower and lower. WHich means less and less incentive for game developers to use Kinect.

40TB unRAID1--53TB unRAID2--36TB unRAID3
LED DLP
XBL/PSN: WormholeXtreme
post #17525 of 17543 Old Yesterday, 05:39 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 101 Post(s)
Liked: 409
Crunchyroll, Encore Play, and Movie Plex Play apps are now out for the Xbox One.

http://news.xbox.com/2014/11/ent-cru...ay-encore-play
post #17526 of 17543 Old Yesterday, 08:04 AM

Quoted: 55 Post(s)
Liked: 58
Quote:
Originally Posted by spid View Post
Crunchyroll, Encore Play, and Movie Plex Play apps are now out for the Xbox One.

They also announced HBO GO, but it's not there.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

PSN: Artman22
Xbox live: Artman22
post #17527 of 17543 Old Yesterday, 08:14 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 62 Post(s)
Liked: 461
Quote:
Originally Posted by Artman22 View Post
They also announced HBO GO, but it's not there.

It wasn't supposed to be announced. They showed an official launch trailer and then pulled it. If it was supposed to release I am pretty sure it would have been the main app to announce on Xbox Wire over the other 3. I hope it will be soon though.
Artman22 likes this.
post #17528 of 17543 Old Yesterday, 08:37 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 114 Post(s)
Liked: 251
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marafice Eye View Post
I'm happy I have the Kinect. I was watching my buddy play some Halo MCC on his XBO (without a Kinect) and something extremely funny happened, getting the Xbox Record That function to work without the Kinect was just cumbersome as hell. Granted Halo has the match/mission playback thing for like everything, but not all games do, and I love being able to just quickly call it out instead of having to go through a series of button presses.

That alone makes it worth it to me, whether the games have any direct use or not.
On PS4 it's a simple button press. Can be configured to be just a tap, a double tap, or a hold. It's hardly a justification for Kinect, especially when all that is needed is the microphone aspect. What MS does more correctly here is what is recorded here when envoked, something Sony doesn't do right.

I constantly see arguments substantiating the value of Kinect to be merely just voice commands, which doesn't need a camera or the technology in the Kinect other than the cheap microphone.

For the record, my favorite Kinect "feature" is "Xbox, Record That". I just haven't bought into the marketing that that function needs Kinect to exist. It doesn't.

"The Scuba Tank" thread here
PSN/XBL : ScubaSteve2365
post #17529 of 17543 Old Yesterday, 08:42 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 114 Post(s)
Liked: 251
Quote:
Originally Posted by michaeltscott View Post
Kinect Sports Rivals, Dance Central Spotlight, Fighter Within, Shape Up, Fantasia and Just Dance 2014 are some which require Kinect. Not a game as such, but Xbox Fitness requires it. There's a significant list of games with optional Kinect features:

• Angry Birds Star Wars
  • Assassin's Creed IV: Black Flag
  • Battlefield 4
  • Call of Duty: Ghosts
  • Crimson Dragon
  • Dead Rising 3
  • Fable Legends
  • FIFA 14
  • Forza Motorsport 5
  • Killer Instinct
  • Madden NFL 25
  • NBA 2K14
  • Need for Speed: Rivals
  • Peggle 2
  • Plants vs. Zombie: Garden Warfare
  • Ryse: Son of Rome
  • Thief
  • Tomb Raider: Definitive Edition
  • Zoo Tycoon
  • Rocksmith 2014
  • Project Sparks

As I recall, the controller alternative to yelling out things like "Fire Volley!" and "Archers, cover me" in Ryse were intentionally much slower; you had to press and hold a button for a few seconds. Voice commands can be very useful in RPGs with complicated menus like Skyrim and Mass Effect 3; hopefully such games for Xbox One will implement them.
Socom: US Navy Seals had voice commands via a bundled headset mic back in 2002. Games that only use Kinect for voice commands, however convenient they may be, aren't a good argument to substantiate Kinect in and of itself, or the validity of it's included support in previous or upcoming games.

"The Scuba Tank" thread here
PSN/XBL : ScubaSteve2365
post #17530 of 17543 Old Yesterday, 09:08 AM

Quoted: 55 Post(s)
Liked: 58
Quote:
Originally Posted by scubasteve2365 View Post
On PS4 it's a simple button press. Can be configured to be just a tap, a double tap, or a hold. It's hardly a justification for Kinect, especially when all that is needed is the microphone aspect. What MS does more correctly here is what is recorded here when envoked, something Sony doesn't do right.

I constantly see arguments substantiating the value of Kinect to be merely just voice commands, which doesn't need a camera or the technology in the Kinect other than the cheap microphone.

For the record, my favorite Kinect "feature" is "Xbox, Record That". I just haven't bought into the marketing that that function needs Kinect to exist. It doesn't.

It's also pretty neat to get logged on in complete darkness without saying a word late nights. Just sit in front of the tv and that's it. Also, having the kinect turn on and off all your devices is pretty nice.

PSN: Artman22
Xbox live: Artman22
post #17531 of 17543 Old Yesterday, 09:18 AM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 41 Post(s)
Liked: 74
Quote:
Originally Posted by spid View Post

I'll be honest, many of the apps on the ONE are like the apps on the Apple TV - worthless. I know it's personal preference but I find that I use apps like Crunchyroll and the like zero times. Are these really the kind of apps most end users want? It seems like every time I see an app roll out for my ONE or Apple TV I'm always like, eh, who cares.
MWD1001 likes this.

Big Trouble in Little China - greatest film ever made

Gamertag: Team Banzai
post #17532 of 17543 Old Yesterday, 09:24 AM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 136 Post(s)
Liked: 195
Quote:
Originally Posted by mboojigga View Post
It wasn't supposed to be announced. They showed an official launch trailer and then pulled it. If it was supposed to release I am pretty sure it would have been the main app to announce on Xbox Wire over the other 3. I hope it will be soon though.
I feel like they're probably trying to get it out before the holiday buying season 'officially' starts though. But yeah, HBO Go has been long in coming. It was supposed to be part of the first wave of apps last year even. If I didn't also have a Roku I'd probably be far more annoyed about it.

XBL/Steam: JHoff80
post #17533 of 17543 Old Yesterday, 11:08 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 77 Post(s)
Liked: 100
Quote:
Originally Posted by JudgeSmails View Post
I'll be honest, many of the apps on the ONE are like the apps on the Apple TV - worthless. I know it's personal preference but I find that I use apps like Crunchyroll and the like zero times. Are these really the kind of apps most end users want? It seems like every time I see an app roll out for my ONE or Apple TV I'm always like, eh, who cares.
I guess it's based on the developers of the apps and not the users.
post #17534 of 17543 Old Yesterday, 12:38 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Liked: 568
Quote:
Originally Posted by JudgeSmails View Post
CrunchyRoll is still the best way to legally watch anime. No other service (Netflix, Crackle, Hulu, etc.) has the same variety and quality as CrunchyRoll.

That is the point of channels or, in this case, apps. If there's a demand, it's good that it's being met. I would never personally watch a food channel but lots of people benefit from it so more power to them. I would certainly watch anime over food any hour of the day.
JudgeSmails likes this.

Last edited by onlysublime; Yesterday at 12:43 PM.
post #17535 of 17543 Old Yesterday, 02:02 PM
AVS Special Member

http://news.xbox.com/2014/11/xbox-on...s-for-one-year

Many Thanks for One Year with Xbox One

Saturday, November 22, marks the official one year anniversary of Xbox One. It’s been an unbelievable year, but we never would have gotten to this point without our incredible fans. We want to thank you for being a part of an amazing 12 months by celebrating with you all weekend long.

First, if you’re in one of our original 13 markets and have opted in to receive Xbox Marketing emails*, you’ll receive a personalized email detailing what you’ve accomplished since Xbox One launched last November. Here’s a look at some of the community achievements made on Xbox One this past year:

Overall, the total community Gamerscore earned on Xbox One is more than 11 billion
Fans spent more than 2 billion hours playing games on Xbox One
The top four most popular achievements unlocked include:
Forza Motorsport 5: Welcome to Forza Motorsport
Titanfall: Build Yourself
Destiny: Ship Rite
Call of Duty: Ghosts: Spatial Awareness

But that’s not all! To show our appreciation for your loyal and continued support for Xbox One, we’ll have several gifts available for our fans, celebrating one year on Xbox One. Beginning Friday, everyone** will get:

A Year One Gamer Picture
New Xbox One backgrounds: A special Year One background as well as an exclusive Day One background for those who unlocked the Day One achievement
A Year One background image for use on Twitter, your desktop, etc.
A free rental of “Halo 4: Forward Unto Dawn” (for a limited time)
A free rental of “Dragon Ball Z: Battle of the Gods” movie and a sampler pack of “Dragon Ball Z” TV episodes (for a limited time, available in the U.S. and Canada only)

And in addition, fans will be selected at random to receive a special gift from us. The full list of possible gifts include:

Xbox One Limited Edition Call of Duty: Advanced Warfare Bundle (U.S. only)
Xbox One Special Edition Sunset Overdrive Bundle (U.S. only)
One month membership for Xbox One-exclusive EA Access service
Tiger Shark cash card for Grand Theft Auto V, worth $200,000 in-game GTA Online dollars
Forza gift pack with Forza RallyCross hat, Lamborghini Huracán 1/24 scale replica, and Xbox One Controller (launch team edition) signed by Tanner Foust, host of Top Gear America, Global RallyCross champion and professional stunt driver (U.S. only)
Forza Horizon 2 Limited Edition Casio G-Shock Men's Black Multi-Function Digital Sports Watch (U.S. only)
Grand Theft Auto V gift pack with the Los Santos Sheriff Trucker cap, Michael, Franklin and Trevor Posters, and a Grand Theft Auto V sticker pack (U.S. only)
Xbox Live Gold 12-month membership digital code
Killer Instinct Season 1 Combo Breaker Pack, the retail version of Killer Instinct Xbox One’s first season and includes all eight season one characters: Jago, Sabrewulf, Glacius, Thunder, Sadira, Orchid, and Spinal. Also includes Fulgore DLC character.
Special limited edition Nissan 370Z, featuring a custom Casio livery for Forza Horizon 2
Air Vehicle shortcut for Battlefield 4 for immediate access to all available unlocks for helicopters and jets available in the main Battlefield 4 game
Arno's French Rapier for Assassin's Creed Unity to improve your combat skills
75 Platinum in Warframe
Plants vs. Zombies: Garden Warfare Costume Pack for Peggle 2
Epic Quest Table in Pinball FX2
Dance Central Spotlight (full game token)
Project Spark Premium - 15 days: Grants 2x gain of Spark XP, credits, and champion XP, as well as the ability to purchase new token-only content for earned in-game credits

While we’re just getting started in some markets, we remain committed to all of our incredible fans worldwide and we’re so grateful for your support over the last year. Thank you for helping us celebrate this incredible milestone.

*The achievements celebration email will be sent to Xbox One customers who purchased prior to October 1, 2014, in our 13 launch markets who opted in to receive Xbox Marketing emails prior to Nov 11, 2014, are 17 years or older and have 10+ hours of usage on Xbox One. You can see which email address (if any) you have opted in, by signing in to your Xbox Live account on Xbox.com, clicking your Gamertag in the upper right, then Profile > Privacy Settings > Contact Preferences.
**The Year One Celebration gift box email will be sent to Xbox One customers who purchased the console between 11/22/13 – 11/11/14, in our 13 launch markets, are 17 years or older and have 10+ hours of usage on Xbox One.

The 5.0 is here
post #17536 of 17543 Old Yesterday, 02:26 PM
AVS Addicted Member

Quoted: 924 Post(s)
Liked: 749
What? No Destiny gift pack prize with 30 pieces each of Ascendant Shards, Ascendant Energy and Strange Coins?!?

The free sports car is an impressive prize (though 18 city is appalling even for a V6).

I'm a bit shocked that they get money for renting Forward Unto Dawn (VUDU want $6 for 1080p); I suppose that there are people who have neither Netflix or Hulu Plus subscriptions.
Arutha_conDoin likes this.

Mike Scott (XBL: MikeHellion, PSN: MarcHellion)

"Think of the cable company as a group of terrorist (sic)." -- hookbill
post #17537 of 17543 Old Yesterday, 04:03 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Liked: 174
Wow that's pretty awesome of them to do this. I qualify as I am signed up for marketing from them. Good luck everyone!
post #17538 of 17543 Old Yesterday, 04:26 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 143 Post(s)
Nice to see some Day one stuff get some loving.

Xbox Live: DaBeavers
PSN- Arutha_conDoin
Steam- An0mander
"Too much knowledge never makes for simple decisions."
-Ghanima Atreides
post #17539 of 17543 Old Yesterday, 07:02 PM
AVS Club Gold

Quote:
Originally Posted by onlysublime View Post
CrunchyRoll is still the best way to legally watch anime. No other service (Netflix, Crackle, Hulu, etc.) has the same variety and quality as CrunchyRoll.

That is the point of channels or, in this case, apps. If there's a demand, it's good that it's being met. I would never personally watch a food channel but lots of people benefit from it so more power to them. I would certainly watch anime over food any hour of the day.
What about the FUNimation app? I see they have it on the 360, and that is mainly what I use my Rokus for now. I still don't see it on the XBOne yet. I've watched a ton of Anime from Funimation since I started watching Anime around five or six years ago.

LED DLP
post #17540 of 17543 Old Yesterday, 07:07 PM
AVS Club Gold

Quote:
Originally Posted by michaeltscott View Post
What? No Destiny gift pack prize with 30 pieces each of Ascendant Shards, Ascendant Energy and Strange Coins?!?

The free sports car is an impressive prize (though 18 city is appalling even for a V6).

I'm a bit shocked that they get money for renting Forward Unto Dawn (VUDU want $6 for 1080p); I suppose that there are people who have neither Netflix or Hulu Plus subscriptions.
I've paid for rentals of plenty of things in the past because I didn't check to see if they were available on other streaming services like Netflix and Hulu first. I try to avoid it now, but if I'm in a hurry sometimes I just watch it from the first service I find it on and pay the rental fee. Then you can also have different aspect ratios on different streaming services too when some of them have the movie cropped.

LED DLP
post #17541 of 17543 Old Today, 07:10 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 77 Post(s)
Liked: 100
HBO Go apparently on XBOX 1 now.

http://www.ign.com/articles/2014/11/...fd26f248000005
mboojigga likes this.
post #17542 of 17543 Old Today, 07:32 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by metalsaber View Post
I can confirm it is. Downloading now.

The same providers available for the Xbox 360 work with the Xbox One which I can confirm Xfinity Comcast.

Last edited by mboojigga; Today at 07:57 AM.
post #17543 of 17543 Old Today, 12:43 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 143 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by mboojigga View Post
I can confirm it is. Downloading now.

The same providers available for the Xbox 360 work with the Xbox One which I can confirm Xfinity Comcast.
Downloaded as well, but waiting for my friend to get his entered and done so I can borrow his

Xbox Live: DaBeavers
PSN- Arutha_conDoin
Steam- An0mander
"Too much knowledge never makes for simple decisions."
-Ghanima Atreides
Reply Xbox Area

Tags
Monoprice , Xbox One Console Day One Edition

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page