Forum Jump: 
 387Likes

post #17611 of 17626 Old 11-25-2014, 10:48 PM
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 140 Post(s)
Liked: 146
The full anniversary prize list can be found a few pages back. Console bundles were the major highlight if I remember correctly.

Last edited by tampabuc; 11-25-2014 at 10:57 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #17612 of 17626 Old 11-25-2014, 11:04 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 92 Post(s)
Liked: 573
Quote:
Originally Posted by aaronwt View Post
What were the major prizes?
The only reason I can possibly think of for not receiving the free gifts was not opting into the emails (though I could swear I do have some emails).

Saturday, November 22, marks the official one year anniversary of Xbox One. It’s been an unbelievable year, but we never would have gotten to this point without our incredible fans. We want to thank you for being a part of an amazing 12 months by celebrating with you all weekend long.

First, if you’re in one of our original 13 markets and have opted in to receive Xbox Marketing emails*, you’ll receive a personalized email detailing what you’ve accomplished since Xbox One launched last November.

But that’s not all! To show our appreciation for your loyal and continued support for Xbox One, we’ll have several gifts available for our fans, celebrating one year on Xbox One. Beginning Friday, everyone** will get:

• A Year One Gamer Picture
  • New Xbox One backgrounds: A special Year One background as well as an exclusive Day One background for those who unlocked the Day One achievement
  • A Year One background image for use on Twitter, your desktop, etc.
  • A free rental of “Halo 4: Forward Unto Dawn” (for a limited time)
  • A free rental of “Dragon Ball Z: Battle of the Gods” movie and a sampler pack of “Dragon Ball Z” TV episodes (for a limited time, available in the U.S. and Canada only)

And in addition, fans will be selected at random to receive a special gift from us. The full list of possible gifts include:

• Xbox One Limited Edition Call of Duty: Advanced Warfare Bundle
  • Xbox One Special Edition Sunset Overdrive Bundle
  • One month membership for Xbox One-exclusive EA Access service
  • Tiger Shark cash card for Grand Theft Auto V, worth $200,000 in-game GTA Online dollars
  • Forza gift pack with Forza RallyCross hat, Lamborghini Huracán 1/24 scale replica, and Xbox One Controller (launch team edition) signed by Tanner Foust, host of Top Gear America, Global RallyCross champion and professional stunt driver
  • Forza Horizon 2 Limited Edition Casio G-Shock Men’s Black Multi-Function Digital Sports Watch
  • Grand Theft Auto V gift pack with the Los Santos Sheriff Trucker cap, Michael, Franklin and Trevor Posters, and a Grand Theft Auto V sticker pack
  • Xbox Live Gold 12-month membership digital code
  • Killer Instinct Season 1 Combo Breaker Pack, the retail version of Killer Instinct Xbox One’s first season and includes all eight season one characters: Jago, Sabrewulf, Glacius, Thunder, Sadira, Orchid, and Spinal. Also includes Fulgore DLC character.
  • Special limited edition Nissan 370Z, featuring a custom Casio livery for Forza Horizon 2
  • Air Vehicle shortcut for Battlefield 4 for immediate access to all available unlocks for helicopters and jets available in the main Battlefield 4 game
  • Arno’s French Rapier for Assassin’s Creed Unity to improve your combat skills
  • 75 Platinum in Warframe
  • Plants vs. Zombies: Garden Warfare Costume Pack for Peggle 2
  • Epic Quest Table in Pinball FX2
  • Dance Central Spotlight (full game token)
  • Project Spark Premium – 15 days: Grants 2x gain of Spark XP, credits, and champion XP, as well as the ability to purchase new token-only content for earned in-game credits

While we’re just getting started in some markets, we remain committed to all of our incredible fans worldwide and we’re so grateful for your support over the last year. Thank you for helping us celebrate this incredible milestone.

*The achievements celebration email will be sent to Xbox One customers who purchased prior to October 1, 2014, in our 13 launch markets who opted in to receive Xbox Marketing emails prior to Nov 11, 2014, are 17 years or older and have 10+ hours of usage on Xbox One. You can see which email address (if any) you have opted in, by signing in to your Xbox Live account on Xbox.com, clicking your Gamertag in the upper right, then Profile > Privacy Settings > Contact Preferences.

**The Year One Celebration gift box email will be sent to Xbox One customers who purchased the console between 11/22/13 – 11/11/14, in our 13 launch markets, are 17 years or older and have 10+ hours of usage on Xbox One.
post #17613 of 17626 Old 11-25-2014, 11:50 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by tampabuc View Post
I must say that HBO Go performance on the X1 has been exceptional so far.

The proof is in the frame by frame "instant" access option. I recently watched Game of Thrones - The Mountain and The Viper again for a reminder of how awesome the series is and to confirm that the application still does the job. Instant access to any scene of any HBO series ever in high quality with no delay = instant wow factor.

This is coming from someone who despises streaming (any digital only distribution option) and its historical quality, fragmentation, and ultimate price fixing scheme.
I was switching back and forth from cable HBO to hbogo. It really looks exceptional. Can anyone find out the bandwidth for one episode of GoT? That's a way to know. Also, I wish the hbogo app had better looking CC. Looks funky to me.
post #17614 of 17626 Old Yesterday, 02:52 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 7 Post(s)
Liked: 101
I got an e-mail with the Dance Central Spotlight token.

post #17615 of 17626 Old Yesterday, 03:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Myrtledog View Post
I got an e-mail with the Dance Central Spotlight token.
I'll trade you a token for my limbo code?
post #17616 of 17626 Old Yesterday, 03:46 PM

Anyone have a game they like to trade me for Limbo? It's a great game but already played it on several platforms
post #17617 of 17626 Old Yesterday, 03:50 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 7 Post(s)
Liked: 101
Quote:
Originally Posted by redbulluci View Post
I'll trade you a token for my limbo code?
I already entered it. Plus I got the Limbo code.

post #17618 of 17626 Old Yesterday, 03:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Myrtledog View Post
I already entered it. Plus I got the Limbo code.
Thanks for letting me know. Can you do me a favor? On your OneGuide - YouTube app shortcut. What does your show? Mine hasn't changed for the past 3 months. It's always Jimmy fallon, pewdey pie and then something else.
post #17619 of 17626 Old Yesterday, 05:19 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 150 Post(s)
Liked: 196
Quote:
Originally Posted by redbulluci View Post
Thanks for letting me know. Can you do me a favor? On your OneGuide - YouTube app shortcut. What does your show? Mine hasn't changed for the past 3 months. It's always Jimmy fallon, pewdey pie and then something else.
Did you unistall and reinstall?

Xbox Live: DaBeavers
PSN- Arutha_conDoin
Steam- An0mander
"Too much knowledge never makes for simple decisions."
-Ghanima Atreides
post #17620 of 17626 Old Today, 08:17 AM
AVS Addicted Member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 412 Post(s)
Liked: 1451
Ok, now these deals are just getting silly:

http://www.microsoftstore.com/store/...ctID.310855200

Refurb Xbox One with kinect
Digital download of ryse, dance central and forza 5
Free physical game of your choice (I chose cod:aw)

$329.

So, now that I'm an xbox one owner again....anyone want a really good deal on some of those games and a kinect?

Steam/PSN/Xbox Live: Darius510
post #17621 of 17626 Old Today, 08:26 AM
AVS Club Gold

Quoted: 932 Post(s)
Liked: 814
I just saw that deal a few minutes ago. That is a heck of a deal especially since it includes Kinect.

40TB unRAID1--53TB unRAID2--36TB unRAID3
LED DLP
XBL/PSN: WormholeXtreme
post #17622 of 17626 Old Today, 09:06 AM
AVS Addicted Member

The Official Xbox One thread...

Ya, the free new physical game was the clincher for me. I learned my lesson about buying digital on console with the ps4....never again. You might what platform you want today, but you don't know what you'll want tomorrow. Right now I've got a very recently purchased $60 game tied to my PSN account that I won't be able to play on xbox...feels like flushing money right down the toilet.

Last edited by bd2003; Today at 09:15 AM.
post #17623 of 17626 Old Today, 09:23 AM
AVS Club Gold

Quoted: 932 Post(s)
Liked: 814
Quote:
Originally Posted by bd2003 View Post
Ya, the free new physical game was the clincher for me. I learned my lesson about buying digital on console with the ps4....never again. You might what platform you want today, but you don't know what you'll want tomorrow. Right now I've got a very recently purchased $60 game tied to my PSN account that I won't be able to play on xbox...feels like flushing money right down the toilet.
You can still play it on the PS4 right? I don't see the problem. Even if I had games on disc, I would still only be able to play those discs on their respective game system.

I'm still glad I went all digital this gen. Although If some of the games carried data between systems then I would have even more digital purchases. FOr instance with Advanced Warfare. If my progress and data on my XBOne would carry over to the PS4 I would purchase it for the PS4 in a heartbeat. But since they don't they lose another sale from me.

40TB unRAID1--53TB unRAID2--36TB unRAID3
LED DLP
XBL/PSN: WormholeXtreme
post #17624 of 17626 Old Today, 09:42 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 6 Post(s)
Liked: 19
Though I've also decided to go all digital this time and love it, I think bd means that he can't sell or trade the games in if he makes the complete switch to the XB1. If he no longer had the PS3 he'd still be stuck with the games. Personally, that does suck but it's worth the convenience for me since I'm a pack rat and never sell or trade in my consoles.
post #17625 of 17626 Old Today, 10:02 AM
AVS Addicted Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by aaronwt View Post
You can still play it on the PS4 right? I don't see the problem. Even if I had games on disc, I would still only be able to play those discs on their respective game system.

I'm still glad I went all digital this gen. Although If some of the games carried data between systems then I would have even more digital purchases. FOr instance with Advanced Warfare. If my progress and data on my XBOne would carry over to the PS4 I would purchase it for the PS4 in a heartbeat. But since they don't they lose another sale from me.

You can resell the discs and rebuy the games for the other platform. As long as you're not letting GameStop rip you off it won't cost you much out of pocket. I ended up doing that with my 360/PS3 collection towards the end of the gen and rebuying most games on steam, and I still came out way ahead.

If I wanted to keep playing the version of cod I already own, I have to keep a $400 box around that does nothing collect dust and pay a yearly tribute to the feudal lords of house Sony...and I'd rather not. The only thing I even use consoles for anymore is call of duty and media stuff, and since the Xbox is clearly superior on both counts, they rectified all the launch issues and it's way cheaper, it feels like the right way to go for now.

post #17626 of 17626 Old Today, 10:10 AM
AVS Addicted Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by AndyN View Post
Though I've also decided to go all digital this time and love it, I think bd means that he can't sell or trade the games in if he makes the complete switch to the XB1. If he no longer had the PS3 he'd still be stuck with the games. Personally, that does suck but it's worth the convenience for me since I'm a pack rat and never sell or trade in my consoles.

Yeah, I mean don't get me wrong, I buy 99% of my games and other media digitally, I just refuse to buy from hardware specific platforms. It's not just consoles, I'll buy kindle books but I won't buy iBooks, etc. I'm more than happy to buy digitally from PSN or the Xbox store when they've made a clear commitment to supporting my purchases on all relevant platforms, present and future.

Reply Xbox Area

Tags
Monoprice , Xbox One Console Day One Edition

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page