The Official Xbox One thread... - Page 603 - AVS Forum

AVS Forum > Gaming & Content Streaming > Home Theater Gaming > Xbox Area > The Official Xbox One thread...

Xbox Area

smokozuna's Avatar smokozuna
02:05 PM Liked: 19
post #18061 of 18079
Today | Posts: 135
xbox live and psn are down. some say it may be an attack on the services.

been down for us all day
DaverJ's Avatar DaverJ
02:07 PM Liked: 686
post #18062 of 18079
Today | Posts: 6,813
Quote:
Originally Posted by mboojigga View Post
You should still be able to log into your gamertag since it is local. If you can't sign in then go in settings and set your console to offline. Shouldn't be any different than the 360.
Great, thanks for the tip! I'm back to playing Dragon Age.
mboojigga's Avatar mboojigga
02:17 PM Liked: 468
post #18063 of 18079
Today | Posts: 8,070
Quote:
Originally Posted by smokozuna View Post
xbox live and psn are down. some say it may be an attack on the services.

been down for us all day
Live isn't down. Just the internet on Xmas day new systems. Wife is working today for Apple and dealing with the same thing with customers trying to update their devices.
Attached: IMG_2377.jpg (145.0 KB) 
Rage Guy's Avatar Rage Guy
02:37 PM Liked: 20
post #18064 of 18079
Today | Posts: 505
First game purchase decisions... Titanfall, or Advanced Warfare??
michaeltscott's Avatar michaeltscott
02:37 PM Liked: 830
post #18065 of 18079
Today | Posts: 18,125
Quote:
Live isn't down. Just the internet on Xmas day new systems. Wife is working today for Apple and dealing with the same thing with customers trying to update their devices.

The Xbox Live Service Status page says "Core Services Limited", with affected services being "Signing into Xbox Live". Once you're signed in all of the actual gaming services are up, though a few media apps are having problems. (Their servers are probably getting hammered).

It's nice that they have a "Notify me when this service is up and running" option; you give them a phone number and they'll text you or call you (presumably with a recorded message). I'd never noticed that.
rightintel's Avatar rightintel
02:39 PM Liked: 58
post #18066 of 18079
Today | Posts: 1,586
Quote:
It been widely reported that Lizard Squad probably did it/took responsibility for it. Are you sure it's just Xmas day traffic? Seems they'd be prepared for that in advance every year by now.
02:44 PM Liked: 830
post #18067 of 18079
Quote:
Originally Posted by rightintel View Post
It been widely reported that Lizard Squad probably did it/took responsibility for it. Are you sure it's just Xmas day traffic? Seems they'd be prepared for that in advance every year by now.

Perhaps it really was hacked with a DDoS attack but that ended and now they're just having a problem with people not being able to sign in. Their status page says that's the only problem and:

• Purchase and Content Usage up and running
  • Website up and running
  • TV, Music and Video up and running
  • Social and Gaming up and running

02:48 PM Liked: 830
post #18068 of 18079
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arutha_conDoin View Post
So I guess the Ubisoft ban I was going for is not happening.

What's your beef with Ubi?
02:50 PM Liked: 468
post #18069 of 18079
Quote:
Originally Posted by rightintel View Post

This isn't the first time during Xmas Live has had issues with sign-in and services. 2007 I recall it was a week or 2 that no one could get on Live or stay logged in on the 360. My biggest point is that Live isn't down. Services may not be available which is what we see throughout the year but anyone claiming it is down or was down anytime today wasn't the case because some of us wouldn't have been online this morning or all day like I have myself. Someone posting they can't sign in all day doesn't equal Live is down.
02:52 PM Liked: 468
post #18070 of 18079
Quote:
Originally Posted by michaeltscott View Post
The Xbox Live Service Status page says "Core Services Limited", with affected services being "Signing into Xbox Live". Once you're signed in all of the actual gaming services are up, though a few media apps are having problems. (Their servers are probably getting hammered).

It's nice that they have a "Notify me when this service is up and running" option; you give them a phone number and they'll text you or call you (presumably with a recorded message). I'd never noticed that.
I have mine setup as well. But these problems we have seen all year especially in the last couple of months.
02:58 PM Liked: 830
post #18071 of 18079
Quote:
Originally Posted by aaronwt View Post
I don't plan to ever buy a game disc again. This gen is digital only for me.

I made that same resolution and recently broke it, due to a sale on the newly released Rocksmith 2014 Xbox One version. Amazon had it on sale for $40 with cable (I didn't need it but they're $30 ala carte). Since it comes with a 12 song pack of Jimi Hendrix songs that I'd have paid $30 to get for 360 RS2014, the effective cost was $10 (if I'd planned to buy a cable it would have been $-20 ).

I don't know how I feel about using a game disc in my Xbox One. Since it's the only one it can live in the drive, but it delays quick start while the system checks it out. (Reading that disc is the only sound I've ever heard my Xbox One make). Sadly, if the DD ever goes on a deeply discounted sale (<= $20) I'll probably buy it ).
03:02 PM Liked: 830
post #18072 of 18079
Quote:
I have mine setup as well. But these problems we have seen all year especially in the last couple of months.

I've rarely had a problem logging in and never one that persisted for this long. Just lucky, I guess . No BFD; I have plenty of other things to do. Merry Christmas!
JudgeSmails's Avatar JudgeSmails
03:10 PM Liked: 80
post #18073 of 18079
Today | Posts: 728
DAI is unplayable right now for me. I can start a game but then around 3 mins in I get booted as the system says 'unconnected from profile' and shoots me out to the menu after re-signing in. Never had this problem before so I do think it is due to the DDOS attack.

Tried to buy a new game online and it just clocks. MS is losing cash over this!

I feel for the poor engineers trying to fix this. I hope they can sick the Feds on these Lizard guys and send them away.
Cravit8's Avatar Cravit8
04:34 PM Liked: 309
post #18074 of 18079
Today | Posts: 2,022
Xbox should work like the PS4. If you have a SP mode game, no matter what it is, you can trick it into working by disconnecting your Ethernet or wifi setting. You can still login to the console, play, get achievements, and so on.

-Crav
newfmp3's Avatar newfmp3
04:55 PM Liked: 146
post #18075 of 18079
Today | Posts: 4,077
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cravit8 View Post
Xbox should work like the PS4. If you have a SP mode game, no matter what it is, you can trick it into working by disconnecting your Ethernet or wifi setting. You can still login to the console, play, get achievements, and so on.

-Crav

I have had issues with my PS4 and digital content as well. It is pathetic. These systems claim to not need internet connections but look at happens when they do not. I turned off my internet on my One and finally got my profile loaded and into Dragon Age only to stare at a Loading screen that hung forever while trying to find the Bioware servers.

And to the pricks that took both networks on Xmas today. I mean how low can you be?All the kids trying to enjoy their new games today and you do this?
04:56 PM Liked: 830
post #18076 of 18079
Quote:

Dragon Age shouldn't have a problem playing its campaign offline and if it does it's on its developers.

As I recall, if you play the gladiator mode in Ryse offline you can't earn coin (in-game currency) because that's apparently tracked online, but you can still play (you can buy packs of it online with cash if you're desperate for the things that you can buy in-game with it). I believe that's the online restriction to single player offline play that I've run across.
Cravit8's Avatar Cravit8
05:46 PM Liked: 309
post #18077 of 18079
Today | Posts: 2,022
Need for Speed and Battlefield 4, and maybe Garden Warfare will not work without pull-the-plug trick.

-Crav
onlysublime's Avatar onlysublime
05:52 PM Liked: 598
post #18078 of 18079
Today | Posts: 4,951
Quote:
Need for Speed and Battlefield 4, and maybe Garden Warfare will not work without pull-the-plug trick.

-Crav
The single player games don't need any connection. I'm playing Wolf Among Us today, as an example.

You picked 3 EA games and they're all MP games.
onlysublime's Avatar onlysublime
05:58 PM Liked: 598
post #18079 of 18079
Today | Posts: 4,951
if you're still having trouble with online stuff, try cold booting your system. I had the problem, cold booted and then was back gaming online.
Tags: Monoprice , Xbox One Console Day One Edition

Reply Xbox Area

Subscribe to this Thread