post #18091 of 18112 Old 12-25-2014, 11:00 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 108 Post(s)
Liked: 691
Quote:
Originally Posted by JuiceRocket View Post
Oh man, it turns out every single one of my games require me to be online. That includes games I've downloaded and never even played before. Color me confused. I'm thinking I must have had some sort of "only play online" setting enabled in my Xbox or something?

Either way, the entire device and all the games on it are useless until Xbox Live is up.

I feel for those poor employees having to work on a day they should be home enjoying time with family.

-JR
Did you try playing the games while switching the console to Offline (Menu button>Settings>Network>Go offline)?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #18092 of 18112 Old 12-25-2014, 11:00 PM
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 15 Post(s)
Liked: 25
You can only play offline on your "Home Xbox", do you have more than one xbox or have you had yours replaced at some point or something?

Xbox Live: IamVertigo
PSN: IamVertigo
post #18093 of 18112 Old 12-25-2014, 11:08 PM
AVS Addicted Member

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 517 Post(s)
Liked: 1487
Is it seriously still hosed?

Steam/PSN/Xbox Live: Darius510
post #18094 of 18112 Old 12-25-2014, 11:16 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 20 Post(s)
Liked: 32
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaverJ View Post
Did you try playing the games while switching the console to Offline (Menu button>Settings>Network>Go offline)?
I did, at first I couldn't find the setting, but once I did I set it to offline. I "log in" as myself, but offline.

Quote:
Originally Posted by vertigo235 View Post
You can only play offline on your "Home Xbox", do you have more than one xbox or have you had yours replaced at some point or something?
Both - I have an Xbox 360 that I play on sometimes, and I've had my Xbox One replaced. When I sent in my Xbox One to get repaired, I wound up buying a new one that I've used ever since. I've never booted up the replacement that came back.

It looks like I'll have to set this Xbox as the "home" one once the system is up and running? It looks fairly straightforward on the Xbox site. Odd that the licenses would switch over, since the games never existed on whatever the "home" Xbox currently is...

-JR
post #18095 of 18112 Old 12-25-2014, 11:30 PM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 15 Post(s)
Liked: 25
Yeah you can only have one home xbox, sounds like your original one is probably set up as that. So you can either hook that one up or change it to your newer xbox.

Xbox Live: IamVertigo
PSN: IamVertigo
post #18096 of 18112 Old 12-25-2014, 11:31 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 20 Post(s)
Liked: 32
Quote:
Originally Posted by vertigo235 View Post
Yeah you can only have one home xbox, sounds like your original one is probably set up as that. So you can either hook that one up or change it to your newer xbox.
Thanks, I had no idea! Hopefully the connection will be up soon, but either way, I'll eventually need to swap it over.

-JR
post #18097 of 18112 Old Yesterday, 06:40 AM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 0
Well, xbox needs to drop their prices or improve their customer service, either or)
post #18098 of 18112 Old Yesterday, 07:07 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 77 Post(s)
Liked: 470
http://theeccentricgamer.co.za/sony-...cks-explained/

For anyone who doesn't understand the difference between DDOS and a hack
aaronwt and Arutha_conDoin like this.

The 5.0 is here
post #18099 of 18112 Old Yesterday, 12:12 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 113 Post(s)
Liked: 59
So it turns out you guys were right; it was a DDoS attack. Got home from Xmas dinner w/ family & friends around 10pm, couldn't sign in. I was stuffed and all ready to sit my ass on the lazyboy for some Destiny. I signed up for the text alert when Live was back up, which came in around 3:30 am. Merry friggin Xmas LOL!

Xbox Live: General PATT0N
post #18100 of 18112 Old Yesterday, 06:07 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 108 Post(s)
Liked: 105
This is a good example for removing certain apps from Xbox live requirements. I shouldn't need to be connected to Xbox live to play Netflix.
post #18101 of 18112 Old Yesterday, 06:22 PM
AVS Addicted Member

Quoted: 1171 Post(s)
Liked: 834
Quote:
Originally Posted by metalsaber View Post
This is a good example for removing certain apps from Xbox live requirements. I shouldn't need to be connected to Xbox live to play Netflix.

It's no longer behind the Gold paywall, but you do have to be connected to XBL to use it; God only knows why. I believe that the same thing is true of Netflix and PSN, at least on PS3.

Mike Scott (XBL: MikeHellion, PSN: MarcHellion)

"Think of the cable company as a group of terrorist (sic)." -- hookbill
post #18102 of 18112 Old Yesterday, 06:29 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 87 Post(s)
Liked: 67
It is frustrating that none of the major companies seem able or motivated to do something about these attacks. Their frequency and severity seems to be increasing and if the Microsofts and Sonys of the world want to continue to be paid for their services they should be more vigilant about policing their networks.
post #18103 of 18112 Old Yesterday, 06:52 PM
AVS Addicted Member

It's not easy to defend against DDoS attacks; probably both Sony and MS had defenses up but hackers are always working to find their way around (or through) those.

If it were happening frequently it'd be a much bigger problem. I doubt that many if any people are going to stop using their MS and Sony consoles due to the occasional problem. It was just evil for a group to stage this attack on Christmas day . Who gets off on disappointing probably hundreds of thousands or millions of kids who got Xboxes and Playstations for Xmas?

post #18104 of 18112 Old Yesterday, 07:13 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 17 Post(s)
Quoted: 486 Post(s)
Liked: 310
Quote:
Originally Posted by michaeltscott View Post
It's no longer behind the Gold paywall, but you do have to be connected to XBL to use it; God only knows why. I believe that the same thing is true of Netflix and PSN, at least on PS3.

Just some helpful little know info, PS3 tries to make you login when turning on netflix, but if you just cancel out of the screen with "O" the login screen goes away and Netflix connects. I don't understand why Xbox doesn't work the same, ugh.

-Crav

PSN: Cravit8
XBL: oOo_Crav_oOo
post #18105 of 18112 Old Yesterday, 07:27 PM
AVS Addicted Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cravit8 View Post
Just some helpful little know info, PS3 tries to make you login when turning on netflix, but if you just cancel out of the screen with "O" the login screen goes away and Netflix connects.

You know, I think that I knew that, having managed to use Netflix on my PS3 during that extremely long outage when PSN's customer information was hacked.

post #18106 of 18112 Old Yesterday, 08:07 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 113 Post(s)
Liked: 59
Quote:
Originally Posted by michaeltscott View Post
It's not easy to defend against DDoS attacks; probably both Sony and MS had defenses up but hackers are always working to find their way around (or through) those.

If it were happening frequently it'd be a much bigger problem. I doubt that many if any people are going to stop using their MS and Sony consoles due to the occasional problem. It was just evil for a group to stage this attack on Christmas day . Who gets off on disappointing probably hundreds of thousands or millions of kids who got Xboxes and Playstations for Xmas?
Screw the kids. What about me LOL? Seriously though, it's down AGAIN for the last 3hrs. Allowing it two days in a row is getting a little old. I can sign in this time, and watch movies, but can't get into Destiny or COD.

Xbox Live: General PATT0N
post #18107 of 18112 Old Yesterday, 09:33 PM
AVS Addicted Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by rightintel View Post
Screw the kids. What about me LOL? Seriously though, it's down AGAIN for the last 3hrs. Allowing it two days in a row is getting a little old. I can sign in this time, and watch movies, but can't get into Destiny or COD.

Huh. I just whiled a couple of hours away in Destiny with no problems.

post #18108 of 18112 Old Yesterday, 09:46 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 11
A little help...

I know Xbox Live is having troubles... Have any of you tested your download speed and upload on your Xbox One? Does it match with what your ISP is providing you?

I currently have Comcast 100mb down and 12 up. All my devices except my Xbox One is receiving the download speed that Comcast Provides.

I currently have the Asus RT-AC87R Wireless Router. I have the latest firmware, I know it's buggy because it is so new but... I have tried port forwarding, enabling DMZ for the specific IP for the Xbox One, and I have enabled "Optimized for Xbox" (whatever that does in the Asus GUI).

Anyways when I run a Detailed Network Statistics I am only getting 30 meg down and upload is just fine which is 12 up. Why am I not getting at least 100meg down?! My NAT Network is currently Open. Before it was Moderate because I didn't have port forwarding enabled. Now with it enabled I get a Open network. Don't know if this is my router or just Xbox One....

Any advice would be great! Thanks!
post #18109 of 18112 Old Yesterday, 09:56 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 164 Post(s)
Liked: 202
Quote:
Originally Posted by Corrupted Mind View Post
A little help...

I know Xbox Live is having troubles... Have any of you tested your download speed and upload on your Xbox One? Does it match with what your ISP is providing you?

I currently have Comcast 100mb down and 12 up. All my devices except my Xbox One is receiving the download speed that Comcast Provides.

I currently have the Asus RT-AC87R Wireless Router. I have the latest firmware, I know it's buggy because it is so new but... I have tried port forwarding, enabling DMZ for the specific IP for the Xbox One, and I have enabled "Optimized for Xbox" (whatever that does in the Asus GUI).

Anyways when I run a Detailed Network Statistics I am only getting 30 meg down and upload is just fine which is 12 up. Why am I not getting at least 100meg down?! My NAT Network is currently Open. Before it was Moderate because I didn't have port forwarding enabled. Now with it enabled I get a Open network. Don't know if this is my router or just Xbox One....

Any advice would be great! Thanks!
For me being wireless and Xbox One using Win 8 I'll never max my download via wireless. for some stuipd reason I get a fraction of my capable speed, yet my PC which has Win 8.1 and is hardwired to my router can max out my 110 Download via steam at around 11 megs per second. I can and will say that I am happy with what I do get via wireless on my xbox One. It sure was faster then what my Xbox 360 connection was before I upgraded. I guess what kills me is my Win 7 Home laptop via wifi hits 85-90 out of my 110 meg download capability

Like you I also have my Xbox One in a DMZ and NAT is Open. Should be no reason for it not to max out the wifi download speed. especially since the signal strength is full bars.

Xbox Live: DaBeavers
PSN- Arutha_conDoin
Steam- An0mander
"Too much knowledge never makes for simple decisions."
-Ghanima Atreides
post #18110 of 18112 Old Yesterday, 10:03 PM
AVS Addicted Member

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 517 Post(s)
Liked: 1487
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arutha_conDoin View Post
For me being wireless and Xbox One using Win 8 I'll never max my download via wireless. for some stuipd reason I get a fraction of my capable speed, yet my PC which has Win 8.1 and is hardwired to my router can max out my 110 Download via steam at around 11 megs per second. I can and will say that I am happy with what I do get via wireless on my xbox One. It sure was faster then what my Xbox 360 connection was before I upgraded. I guess what kills me is my Win 7 Home laptop via wifi hits 85-90 out of my 110 meg download capability

Like you I also have my Xbox One in a DMZ and NAT is Open. Should be no reason for it not to max out the wifi download speed. especially since the signal strength is full bars.
Are you on 5ghz?

Steam/PSN/Xbox Live: Darius510
post #18111 of 18112 Old Yesterday, 10:09 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arutha_conDoin View Post

Thanks for the quick reply. Well I guess I am doing the right thing with NAT and DMZ and it seems to be on the Xbox One end of things. Funny though like you as well I have a laptop that is getting 95 meg and 12 up and it's running on the 2ghz network because it's a older laptop! My new laptop runs on 5ghz and gets 125 meg download and 15 upload at most.

Might just be because my Router is so new that it is NOT fully compatible with Xbox One. But I don't know...

Honestly 30 megs download for gaming is more than enough. Guess I want the full potential of my ISP.
post #18112 of 18112 Old Yesterday, 11:54 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 164 Post(s)
Liked: 202
Quote:
Originally Posted by bd2003 View Post
Are you on 5ghz?
Yea. I have the Asus RT-56U router. it does both 2.4G and 5G. I get the same speeds on my Xbox one on both settings. Win7 Laptop is on the 2.4G and flies on the speeds.

Xbox Live: DaBeavers
PSN- Arutha_conDoin
Steam- An0mander
"Too much knowledge never makes for simple decisions."
-Ghanima Atreides
Reply Xbox Area

Tags
Monoprice , Xbox One Console Day One Edition